Thread: Item Assistant for Anarchy Online

Noticed there were no db files in the dist, so I just overwrote all files...

It parsed new db, and everything seems to work just fine now... and... it finds my Xan defense board just fine now
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

I always recommend you do a backup of ItemAssistant.db since that file contains all the items and your toons.

The ZIP archive does NOT contain this file, so it wont be overwritten, but in some cases AOIA will need to migrate the file to a newer format, and just to be on the safe side, its best to do a backup.
    [Real Mean Killing Machine]

-+- AOIA Homepage -+- AOIA Blog -+- Latest verison: v1.0.1 -+-

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    Noticed there were no db files in the dist, so I just overwrote all files...

It parsed new db, and everything seems to work just fine now... and... it finds my Xan defense board just fine now
    Sweet.. Thanks for the feedback.

(And nerf the 60 sec between postings rule!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Adjuster View Post
    I always recommend you do a backup of ItemAssistant.db since that file contains all the items and your toons.

The ZIP archive does NOT contain this file, so it wont be overwritten, but in some cases AOIA will need to migrate the file to a newer format, and just to be on the safe side, its best to do a backup.
    Well... I did make a backup first ofc...
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

I overwrote (i have a backup ofc) all files with the new AOIA. However now none of my toons are in RK1 or 2 but in "Unknown dimension". Also only about half of them are there, accompanied with a toon named "WTF??"

I just upgraded to Win 7 64 bit.

Any ideas? Maybe I should try the xp emulation mode.
    Berim, Lacian, Greyd, Misterburns, Techro and Hockenberry

Quote Originally Posted by Berim View Post
    I overwrote (i have a backup ofc) all files with the new AOIA. However now none of my toons are in RK1 or 2 but in "Unknown dimension". Also only about half of them are there, accompanied with a toon named "WTF??"

Any ideas? Maybe I should try the xp emulation mode.

That happens when your preferences aren't being saved.
    Try going through each file in the IA folder & make sure they are "unblocked".
    Aleah, MA :: Zhoie, Doctor :: Scarlett, Soldier
    Neutral, (former) President of Art of War

Dipping my toe back in, thinking of returning.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    For the record, this is an exploit I am totally cool with people using. :P

AOIA has problems when more than one instance of AO is open, at least for me. Any workaround for this? I haven't tested it much but it seems bugged even after all but one AO have been closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballux View Post
    AOIA has problems when more than one instance of AO is open, at least for me. Any workaround for this? I haven't tested it much but it seems bugged even after all but one AO have been closed.
    How is it bugged? It behaving just fine with 2 AO clients running at the same time here.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleah View Post
    That happens when your preferences aren't being saved.
    Try going through each file in the IA folder & make sure they are "unblocked".
    I went through the files and they all seem to have normal permissions.

I found out that my problem isn't specific with the latest AOIA since the same happens also with the non-updated one (0.9.5.373).

What compatibility settings should I use under Win 7? I think I've tried just about all of them with no change in outcome. I also tried running aoia as admin.

These are the files in my folder before the newest update. Should there be some preferences file that somehow has failed to be copied?

aoitems.db
    ctreestd.dll
    ItemAssistant.conf <- this actually isn't in my backup folder from old comp but appeared when aoia updated the database
    ItemAssistant.db
    ItemAssistant.exe
    ItemAssistantCore.dll
    ItemAssistantHook.dll
    madCodeHookLib.dll
    Microsoft.VC90.CRT.manifest
    msvcm90.dll
    msvcp90.dll
    msvcr90.dll
    sqlite3.dll
    Last edited by Berim; Jan 24th, 2010 at 11:32:00.

I overwrote (i have a backup ofc) all files with the new AOIA. ...

I went through the files and they all seem to have normal permissions.

I found out that my problem isn't specific with the latest AOIA since the same happens also with the non-updated one (0.9.5.373).

What compatibility settings should I use under Win 7? I think I've tried just about all of them with no change in outcome. I also tried running aoia as admin. ...

Windows 7 (and Vista) are quite a bit different from XP in regards to allowing programs to write to files under the "C:\Program Files" (or equivalent) directory.

If you happen to have AOIA installed someplace within that folder tree (perhaps if your AO is also in there), then it could have trouble writing to the files.

The commonest suggestion to fix is to instead install someplace else, for example, "c:\games\aoia" or some other location that is not within a "Program Files" subdirectory tree.

I don't know if that is your situation or not; since you don't mention to where your AO or AOIA are installed; but since you also mentioned upgrading to Win 7 64 from XP (and XP allowed that type of writing and Win 7 & Vista do not), it seemed reasonable to mention it as a "just in case"...
    Last edited by MartekO; Jan 24th, 2010 at 14:27:07. Reason: Corrected a couple typos.

Unfortunately that's not the case. The stuff is under c:\games

Thanks for the suggestion though.

ItemAssistant.conf <-- This one.

Open it up in textpad & see what it says.
    Mine has two lines, the top line is the path to AO
    The 2nd line is my default dimension.

AOPath=C:/Users/MyName/Saved Games/Anarchy Online
    DefaultDimension=Rimor (Rubi-Ka 2)
    Aleah, MA :: Zhoie, Doctor :: Scarlett, Soldier
    Neutral, (former) President of Art of War

Dipping my toe back in, thinking of returning.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    For the record, this is an exploit I am totally cool with people using. :P

I have had some reports that launching AOIA from a shortcut wont work properly until after you have launched the EXE directly from the folder at least once.

Not sure what the deal is, since I cant reproduce it here. :S

My conf file just says AOPath=C:/games/Anarchy Online.

I tried adding a line just like yours but saying Atlantean (Rubi-Ka 1) but it changed nothing.

Nope, I haven't been running it from a shotcut.

I'll try putting the AO folder and a copy of the (untouched, the way it was when i backupped it) AOIA folder on a usb stick and see what my laptop running windows xp says about it. If it remakes the db file fine and everything seems to be working maybe I can try transferring that copy back onto this comp.

My conf file just says AOPath=C:/games/Anarchy Online.

I tried adding a line just like yours but saying Atlantean (Rubi-Ka 1) but it changed nothing.

Nope, I haven't been running it from a shotcut.

I'll try putting the AO folder and a copy of the (untouched, the way it was when i backupped it) AOIA folder on a usb stick and see what my laptop running windows xp says about it. If it remakes the db file fine and everything seems to be working maybe I can try transferring that copy back onto this comp.
    Let me know how that works out.

I have found an issue that _might_ explain "weird" behavior on Vista/7 relating to UAC. Stay tuned for v0.9.7.

Version 0.9.7 has been uploaded to the downloads page.

Quote Originally Posted by Adjuster View Post
    How is it bugged? It behaving just fine with 2 AO clients running at the same time here.
    Items lose names (shows ID), backpacks lose names, items disappear, backpacks not refreshed when opening/closing in game. It's been a while since I last tried it, because I kept forgetting to shut it down when dualing, and eventually everything was messed up.

But it's good to hear that it works fine with two AO instances. Let me d/l the newest version, start from scratch and get back to you if there's still a problem!

I copied the AO folder and AOIA into a xp machine and first ran it (0.9.5.373) as it was in my previous Vista install . It updated the database but nothing changed. No-one is in RK1 or 2 but few of my toons are in Unknown dimension along with Adjuster, MyBank and WTF??

Then I took the old aoitems.db and threw it in the newest version's (0.9.7.404) folder. Again, after update the situation is exactly the same.

So I guess the file got corrupted along the way or something like that.

I think I'll be clicking through a thousand backpacks this weekend. No way I'm gonna play AO without AOIA telling me where my medsuits are.

It updated the database but nothing changed. No-one is in RK1 or 2 but few of my toons are in Unknown dimension
    As it is updating from a file that pre-dates dimension info, all toons will default to "Unknown Dimension" until you log them on, then they should move accordingly.

The real issue here is how you have survived with such an old DB file all this time? Oo

Hope all the clicking of backpacks didn't ruin your day..

Backpack clicking will wait until weekend. I need beer for that job.

One thing which puzzles me is that shouldn't the db file's modified tag be updated when aoia is working. It's all a big mystery for me. One thing is certain - I never saw that db update window in my Vista years.

Page 20 of 57 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast