Thread: Item Assistant for Anarchy Online

Quote Originally Posted by Betepok View Post
    As for regex for advanced searches - I like idea. It will allow to search for example only 2 types of symbs. Something like this:

["support"|"artillery"]*beta
    Trouble is, thats not SQL, and unless theres some sort of support for it in the DB libraries, its a lot of work to convert it accurately to something useful.

Letting people put in "native" SQL might work for some people.

("%support%" OR "%artillery%") AND "%beta%".
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

Quote Originally Posted by Omutb View Post
    Trouble is, thats not SQL, and unless theres some sort of support for it in the DB libraries, its a lot of work to convert it accurately to something useful.

Letting people put in "native" SQL might work for some people.

("%support%" OR "%artillery%") AND "%beta%".
    This is also an option I guess.

Fortunately, after a bit of research, it appears SQLite supports a REGEXP keyword in its query syntax, it just doesn't enable it by default. Looks pretty easy to implement though, but I have to try it to make sure. (I have to provide the callback function that does the actual regexp comparison my self, which in my case should be easy
    [Real Mean Killing Machine]

-+- AOIA Homepage -+- AOIA Blog -+- Latest verison: v1.0.1 -+-

Autostart

I'm having some trouble running AOIS from autostart when I boot up.
    For some reason it'll look for files in another dir than where I run it from. Running it from a normal shortcut is just fine.
    Nanolisting by skill - See what nanos you can use with your current nanoskills
    RK1 Tradeskill Services

Try copying your AOIA shortcut into the "start->programs->startup" folder.
    That works fine for me, at least.

The essencial part being that the proper "working directory" is set, as well as the command line path to the AOIA executable itself.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Quote Originally Posted by Adjuster View Post
    Hope this helps, feel free to get back to me either way.
    Reporting feedback: the problem disappeared on its own after a system reboot... Woot!

However, my problem was most certainly not due to any of the causes that you described. I had not changed my AO folder and was running with an updated database. Strange.
    Astarra "Esthaer" Hakhamaneshi, Atlantean Clan Female Pistol Nanomage Engineer 220/30/70
    Maryam "Mirienne" Hakhamaneshi, Atlantean Clan Female Pistol Solitus Engineer 220/15/60
    Member of Infinity

Mavritanic:"start this topic is your selfowning"

I only recently tried this (2 days ago) and I can safely say given the fact I log about 10 characters a day, this is possibly the greatest thing since bread.

Not sliced bread. Since bread itself.
    I'm casting "Physical Dominance" on you as a kind of kinky thing
    ... also quite proud of being suspended from Lemmingnet.. for... not slacking?
    GOOD ONE.

Don't be lonely anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by zartosht View Post
    Reporting feedback: the problem disappeared on its own after a system reboot... Woot!

However, my problem was most certainly not due to any of the causes that you described. I had not changed my AO folder and was running with an updated database. Strange.
    Very strange indeed. Keep an eye out for it re-appearing..

Ok, I have been bugged by some org m8's to actually start using IA, never have actuallly installed it until now.

im running vista, windowed mode, the system specs are WAY beyond ao so..just to give you an idea

i have the newest version, its installs and runs...it does show when ppl buy stuff out of shop...but its not showing whats in anyones inventory, bank, or anything...the names are a bunch of random character #'s i guess

any ideas?

when i first run it, i did open every backpack , bank, shop, and then rezone, but nothing

*edit*
    also i have uninstalled it and reinstalled it, tried to take the db out and all, it made a new db but it didnt change anything
    Last edited by styles999; Jun 2nd, 2009 at 17:56:18.
    Styles9999<220/21/50 MA-Main-
    Proud member of Obsidian Order!
    All accounts closed as of 04-28-10

Quote Originally Posted by styles999 View Post
    im running vista, windowed mode, the system specs are WAY beyond ao so..just to give you an idea

i have the newest version, its installs and runs...it does show when ppl buy stuff out of shop...but its not showing whats in anyones inventory, bank, or anything...the names are a bunch of random character #'s i guess
    On Vista you have to make sure AOIA runs with the same (or higher) level of privileges as the AO client. (So if you are running AO as admin, you have to run AOIA as admin too. To avoid running as admin you should move your AO and AOIA folders outside of 'Program Files' if thats where they are located.)
    I find it strange if you are getting character ID numbers and not names since both are gathered from intercepted packages.

Quote Originally Posted by Adjuster View Post
    On Vista you have to make sure AOIA runs with the same (or higher) level of privileges as the AO client. (So if you are running AO as admin, you have to run AOIA as admin too. To avoid running as admin you should move your AO and AOIA folders outside of 'Program Files' if thats where they are located.)
    I find it strange if you are getting character ID numbers and not names since both are gathered from intercepted packages.

Ya know, i knew this about vista but it slipped my mind, giving it a try now that sounds like it was the prob

ok after some fiddling

just simply putting it into the same location as ao will not solve it, you have to always manually run it as admin, just go to properties, then check "Always run as admin" apply that setting and it fixes it

TY very much
    Last edited by styles999; Jun 3rd, 2009 at 02:17:02.

Quote Originally Posted by styles999 View Post
    just simply putting it into the same location as ao will not solve it, you have to always manually run it as admin, just go to properties, then check "Always run as admin" apply that setting and it fixes it
    Why are you making AO run as admin?

It shouldnt be required to make AO work, unless you were daft enough to install a legacy app in Program Files...
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

two things bug me right now. one is that some of my chars are listed under rk-2 while others are listed on rk-3. all are actually in RK3. this makes searching annoying. the other thing is: please add "Any" points to the lists in search-form (dimension) and save the last selected section. thanks!
    220 Agent + :: 220 Doctor + :: 220 Soldier + :: 220 Enforcer + :: 220 Bureaucrat + :: 217 Adventurer + :: 217 Trader + :: 159 Engineer :: 112 Fixer

Inferno Travelguides

Quote Originally Posted by Omutb View Post
    Why are you making AO run as admin?

It shouldnt be required to make AO work, unless you were daft enough to install a legacy app in Program Files...

I am too lazy to do otherwise :P

nah im doing some stuff on more than 3 hd's, its way i have it set (security wise, since there are multiple users connecting to me), i have to do it that way to ensure password protection

so ill leave it open to interpretation then

Quote Originally Posted by Keex View Post
    two things bug me right now. one is that some of my chars are listed under rk-2 while others are listed on rk-3. all are actually in RK3. this makes searching annoying. the other thing is: please add "Any" points to the lists in search-form (dimension) and save the last selected section. thanks!
    That sounds very annoying indeed! Is there a perticular location/zone that makes your toon "relocate" to RK2?

no not really. i deleted the database and made it again, same chars on RK2 and on RK3. i could not find any relation of any kind. well ok, i have no idea how you find out where the char is from anyways
    220 Agent + :: 220 Doctor + :: 220 Soldier + :: 220 Enforcer + :: 220 Bureaucrat + :: 217 Adventurer + :: 217 Trader + :: 159 Engineer :: 112 Fixer

Inferno Travelguides

Quote Originally Posted by Keex View Post
    no not really. i deleted the database and made it again, same chars on RK2 and on RK3. i could not find any relation of any kind. well ok, i have no idea how you find out where the char is from anyways
    It is based on server ID, but that doesn't seem to work any more.

something is wrong with AOIA since the patch today

I get this

Your items database is out of date. Do you wish to update it now?
    Answering 'NO' will continue using the old one.

I click Yes

Unable to parse AO database
    Please make sure Anarchy Online is not running and try again.

I restarted the comp, AO is definitely not running
    I click OK

AO Item Assistant can not start without a valid item database.

I tried again with clicking NO to get the old database, and I do, but it's not tracking the movement of items.

Any suggestions? Should I wait for another version of AOIA or this can be fixed manually?
    220/23 Agent // 220/19 Doc // 174/23 Shade // 170/22 Keeper// 165/21 NT // 160/14 Advy

BM of Komodo

same problem here since the 18.1 patch.
    it always thinks that AO is running but it's not.

i also have the problems that all my characters are shown on RK2 but they are all in fact on RK3.
    it's not a big deal for me, just wanted to mention it
    RK3
    Lordphoenix (220/19 adv)
    Lucker (174/18 engi)

The database has changed formats, so clicksaver and aoitem isn't likely to work at all.
    Squad Commander of Paragon

Kaelde ~ little gimpy engi of doom
    Ecrisi ~ Even squishier than Kae, if that was at all possible

Bump. Cant live without item assistant and clicksaver.

Page 13 of 57 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast