Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fix Tir Server - Upgrade It!!!!!!!

whiiiiiiiiii-ne

Put another grid term in tir like REALLY far up into the sky so now lowibes can get to it ... or atleast another grid term the one we have is very lagged like. all the time.

Or something. some of us crap pc users would like to actually grid sometimes w/o a 50% chance of LDing or crashing... wooty.

/// halofire nubi

DYNA CAMPS. yup.

Originally posted by Frakk2000
    Since the players are doing most of the customer service, why not let them run the servers too. Im sure it would be better.

Every player must run their little piece of tir whenever they log on. (Id love to be backyard 22 please).

Or even better, let's just round up a good million people to use their brains to run ao, we'll hook em up in Matrix style.

lol...funny.

Lightbulb

Originally posted by Bhaaz
    I've never been stuck in Tir or anywhere that I can remember. I have a healthy broadband connection, and I'm sure that's why. I believe it's AO's netcode that sucks, not the servers themselves. Makes it very hard on those with less than a stable, absolutely pristine connection.

It has nothing to do with people's connections.. i also have a broadband connection, Athlon 1900+, 768M DDR, ATI Radeon 64M...

on another note, fix the dam memory hog in AO too... the dam game takes all my PC's resources to run and it takes like 3 minutes to open a website in a browser while playing.... Windows is a multitasking operating system.. stop hogging my resources (all the processor time) :P
    Luxferro

"We will look into it"

Yeah right..lol

Originally posted by Luxferro

It has nothing to do with people's connections.. i also have a broadband connection, Athlon 1900+, 768M DDR, ATI Radeon 64M...

on another note, fix the dam memory hog in AO too... the dam game takes all my PC's resources to run and it takes like 3 minutes to open a website in a browser while playing.... Windows is a multitasking operating system.. stop hogging my resources (all the processor time) :P
    Then I have no idea why I don't crash like everyone else does. I mean, when the servers completely puke, yeah, I can't play... but I experience none of these other issues people complain about. I'll go so far as to say the game runs smooth as silk 99% of the time. Might be because I'm only about 500 miles from the server. *shrugs*

Originally posted by Genar-Hoefen
    okay, the watch post is a real stretch dontcha think?
    Yes, NERF the watch post!!

I made a char on rk3 yesteday. That place is emtpy. And I still lag in omni trade and in tir. Damn. And there were like 3 others inside tir atm )
    Apprentice Frakk // MA - Rk1 - Stuff - Quote
    Sunye // Doc - Rk1 - Quote
    Rookie Frakk2000 // MA - Rk2
    Freshman Frakked // Soldier - Rk2
    Apprentice Frakk2001 // Doc - Rk2

Frakk2000's guide to twinking -> link <-
    Adventures of Frakkman
    BondeLAN.org
    Overpowered since 15.0 - MA forever!

Cool lag

I always though Tir was really laggy..
    Then I played in BS.....