Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bronto or Carbonum?

Originally posted by Garamond
    Why invest IP in nano points when Bronto armor will supply me with the points I need.

As for Mochams. Last time I checked I was a engineer. Not a MP.

I don't see othe rprofessions begging those people for mochams so they can cast their next buff or whatever. There is no reason a Engineer should other than personal choice.

Oh gee, i dunno, cause nano pool is important to you? you WILL need those points in your pool later.

but aw heck, why listen to players who have alot of experience playing the game eh? I mean what do we know right?

And i see people begging for mochams ALL THE TIME. ESPECIALLY Engies. IT REALLY is worth your effort, as your bot will be MUCH MUCH meaner..
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

Yes I hear you talk about needing this all the time. I also hear you same people complaining about how much your bot sucks. I'm perfectly happy with a self casted bot. If I happen to be in a team with a MP then so be it. I'll cast a bigger bot. If not oh well.

Regardless of weather or not I should be oh so worried about mochams or not the origional topic was which is better. Since you aparently find NCU to be the greatest thing since sliced bread I would imagine you would want carbonium. Since I personally do not care for it I personally would go for the extra armor and nano boost in the bronto.

I really don't understand why you are getting so bent out of shape about the way I play.

Thumbs up

Originally posted by Turin

Oh gee, i dunno, cause nano pool is important to you? you WILL need those points in your pool later.

but aw heck, why listen to players who have alot of experience playing the game eh? I mean what do we know right?

And i see people begging for mochams ALL THE TIME. ESPECIALLY Engies. IT REALLY is worth your effort, as your bot will be MUCH MUCH meaner..
    Completely agreed.

I ask for MP buffs or trader wrangles sometimes, there's nothing wrong with that, especially if the trader/MP is in your team

By doing so, I can cast Unexpected Attack and Take the Shot, which would be impossible otherwise, since my nano skills are all title capped and implanted already.

garamond there is going to come a time where if you can't cast a slayer you can't find a team. teams are fed up with pet classes (especially engies because we don't have charms, mezzes, roots, and/or healpets) because they are chasing their pets more then they are helping kill mobs. is it the players fault? hell no, but we sure as crap have to suffer the consequences. high level teams want damage and the only way you get good damage out of a high level engie is with a slayer. i understand that you don't want to waste ip in nanopool but its not like you have to have an ungodly ammount of nanopool (at level 140 i have a tad over 3000 nanopool with only 388 unbuffed/unimplanted points in the NanoPool skill).

i'm all for you finding things out on your own, just some high level players giving you their opinion. i love my slayer and i have never said "it" sucked. i have said time and time again that funcom has lousy arse pet pathing but have never had anything bad to say about the slayer itself. it is hard enough finding a good team that lasts more then a couple of rooms in a high level mission much less finding one without the best bot you can cast. does pathing suck? yes. can i work and live around it? yes. for the majority of the time /pet behind works great.

the bottom line is i don't see how people can try and not get the best bot for themselves and their teammates. why wouldn't you want the mobs to die a couple seconds faster? who knows it may just save a life, and that life will probablly be yours.

Normally I solo. I just team up for loack of anything better to do and a change of pace. I didn't buy this game to level up the fastest or get everything there is to get by level 2. I just play for fun. If Noone teams with me so what? It'll take me two days to level instead of a hour? Maybe I won't level up at all. What difference does it really make?

Heck I don't play my engineer to fight. If I am wanting to go fight I load up my enforcer. that is what he is designed for and yes he is going to outlevel my main, engineer, pretty quick. I play my engineer soley to make junk and to RP with my guild. As such every IP I spend with my engineer is valuable. tradeskills come first then come my bot skills then everything else. As such it is my preference to wear Bronto armor. I'm sorry if such a concept does not fit into your little world.
    Last edited by Garamond; Sep 27th, 2002 at 20:17:29.

Bronto, bronto, bronto!

/G13
    pirates. with lasers.
    Are you having an argument on the internet, again?

Gene13 - on a space odyssey since 2001
    XXX - N

Some day your ship will come in, but you will be at the airport.

Arrow

The original poster wasn't asking what roleplaying armor to wear

Carb is the strong choice. Build a suit every ~10 qls and you're set. Level up and outfit a whole guild with your old armor.

Bronto is missing a key part and the higher ql hides don't drop all that often. (either that or they are all getting ninjalooted in my teams...doubt it) Building a suit will 'cost' more, if not credits, time for sure.

They both have the same weak spots (energy/rad) and good acs in general. So it all comes down to bonuses, requirements and availability.

Carbo Carbo Carbo!
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

My pool sucks and I've got a NCU buff.

Bronto, bronto, bronto!

/G13
    pirates. with lasers.
    Are you having an argument on the internet, again?

Gene13 - on a space odyssey since 2001
    XXX - N

Some day your ship will come in, but you will be at the airport.

Roleplaying armor?

I realise he wasn't asking about roleplaying armor. If he was I would point him to Miir.

Arrow Ok

Normally I solo. I just team up for lack of anything better to do and a change of pace. I didn't buy this game to level up the fastest or get everything there is to get by level 2. I just play for fun. If Noone teams with me so what? It'll take me two days to level instead of a hour? Maybe I won't level up at all. What difference does it really make?

Heck I don't play my engineer to fight. If I am wanting to go fight I load up my enforcer. that is what he is designed for and yes he is going to outlevel my main, engineer, pretty quick. I play my engineer soley to make junk and to RP with my guild. As such every IP I spend with my engineer is valuable. tradeskills come first then come my bot skills then everything else.
    Roleplaying

Trust me, at higher lvls you WILL want more NCU, just like Svpernaut said. (actually, you won't get to higher levels anytime this century without more - me)
    I ask for MP buffs or trader wrangles sometimes, there's nothing wrong with that, especially if the trader/MP is in your team.

By doing so, I can cast Unexpected Attack and Take the Shot, which would be impossible otherwise, since my nano skills are all title capped and implanted already.
    the bottom line is i don't see how people can try and not get the best bot for themselves and their teammates. why wouldn't you want the mobs to die a couple seconds faster? who knows it may just save a life, and that life will probablly be yours.
    (Power)Leveling

I have no problem with mostly roleplaying characters, nor will I try to change the way they play. (cough unlike some people cough) I probably have 1 or two myself that would qualify.
    But using them to choose the better armor...um...lol no.

BTW;
    I don't see other professions begging those people for mochams so they can cast their next buff or whatever.
    I see it all the time. They also ask for wrangles all the time. If theres a soldier in the team, I don't even ask. Its wrangle = RRFE or maybe OS.

Oh yes, the nano pool difference between a full suit of ql200 bronto and ql200 carbonum is: holds breath

WOW

Bronto Hide is still great armor by itself, better than most of the normal armor in the game.

Re: Ok

Originally posted by Mercatura

Bronto Hide is still great armor by itself, better than most of the normal armor in the game.
    It is better than all of the "normal" armor in the game, for total armor class.

http://www.dd.org/~tale/ao/armour.html
    Bima, Golly, Whatsamatta, Laslingis and an army of sub-100 alts

Re: Re: Ok

Originally posted by Whatsamatta

It is better than all of the "normal" armor in the game, for total armor class.

as it should be imo. fc FINALLY implements player made stuff that isnt utterly useless or requires you to be lvl 190+. what still sucks is the unavailability of some of the required parts ( pppes, high ql bronto stuff).

So according to this armour guide you linked, Living Dragon armour is ... PRETTY DAMN GOOD.

The protection covers all ACs at equal levels, it looks good, and..

It drops off of tarasque, and a full set is worth pretty much 1 billion credits.

*looks down, kicks sand*

And the normal wo/man is left with the pretty bad looking Carbonum, however good it may be (except energy ac).

The only commonly available more-special-than-metaplast armour piece I think looks very good is the Nomad Jubilee Chestpiece, and that looks the same as reg. Nomad right?

If only all armour could look as thorougly good as Omni-pol and its black brother.

215/15 | Lagerlad Atrox Adventurer | eqp | Mostly indestructible
    214/13 | Xpie Atrox Meta-physicist | eqp | Supernova!
    Member of Ragnarok

Originally posted by Xpie ♥ You
    So according to this armour guide you linked, Living Dragon armour is ... PRETTY DAMN GOOD.

The protection covers all ACs at equal levels, it looks good, and..

It drops off of tarasque, and a full set is worth pretty much 1 billion credits.

*looks down, kicks sand*

And the normal wo/man is left with the pretty bad looking Carbonum, however good it may be (except energy ac).

The only commonly available more-special-than-metaplast armour piece I think looks very good is the Nomad Jubilee Chestpiece, and that looks the same as reg. Nomad right?

If only all armour could look as thorougly good as Omni-pol and its black brother.
    Corona MK armor is very good, IMO and it looks damn good, too, especially the MKII hood.

Another good piece of armor is So8 (very common in boss loot), and it's a prettier sight than Carbo. As for me, you won't see me wearing carbo and looking like a clown, despite it's good stats.

Arrow Bored and waiting for a spawn...so blah blah blah:

That site rates uncommon ACs "equal" to regular ACs. Its a nice stats list, but not as material to what you want ingame. It ends up giving obtru a higher total stat than flowers, but obtru has low melee (ow), where flowers has low poison (who cares).

PvM is pretty simple, and nearly universal with missions and most camps. Some camps will favor one of the big 3 over the other 2.

-Most common: Projectile
    -Close second: Melee (tend to hit harder too, I would rate it equal to proj due to this, less likely to be minimum dmg)
    -Strong third: Chemical
    -Weak Fourth: Energy (mainly at lower levels with bots)
    -Everything else: 50 times rarer and only on bosses, a few dungeon mobs, some rare outdoor mobs and occasionally MA mobs. Nanos have such high minimum damage it hardly matters what they hit with.

Anything that is low in the first 3 is a substandard choice for PvM if you have a choice.

PvP is a little different, but half damage tends to favor weapons can hit hard. Everything else ends up minimum or a crit. Crits don't ignore AC, but are so big (or capped) that AC can't help as much.

I'm no expert at PvP by far, but you can look a the weapons around and get a feel. Energy, melee and proj are very common, and Chem (MCS, MA) Fire (Adv, MA) and recently Rad (Sold) show up frequently. Cold and Poison are rare and don't do much damage. Nanos again have such high minimums it won't matter as much.

PvP makes things like Decaniums + RRFE more effective than most armors, esp for non healers. (nearly 1000 extra life + half damage + 30% reduced is like getting 2500 life in pvm, even better if you have HoTs and heals) It also has its lower ACs in the least common areas.

Dragon can be OE'd to hell and back if you're not a MA user. (personally I hope to drain first) Only the body gets better ACs, the rest is less per AC than some type of regular ql200 armor. Body, legs and circlet give good bonuses, the rest are almost pointless to everyone but some MAs. Looks nice though

All good comments, Mercatura. I only want to point out a couple of things in addition.

The table doesn't rate the armour for any particular purpose, just ranks them in order of their combined overall armour protection. This does separate the fairly good suits from the fairly lousy ones, but within a narrower range there are choices to be made. The best armour for any given circumstance will certainly vary.

The other thing I wanted to say is that you don't need the most uber armour to do well in this game, at least PvM. You can advance quite well in less than uber armour. If that were not true everyone you saw 100+ would be wearing the exact same thing, and that just isn't the case.
    Bima, Golly, Whatsamatta, Laslingis and an army of sub-100 alts

Scumbug, Anarchyarcanum claims Large Hard is available as chest loot only. True or not, I have no idea.

(Edit: Just caught Ellusion's post on different thread, was saying it's not dropping. oops.)

On the subject of Bronto hides, what is the going rate/QL?
    I had QL18 soft and was offered 10k for it. Accepted because it was more than I was expecting and am not going to gouge on price. But would still like to know how much should ask as I don't want to be on the receiving end of a gouging.

On tradeskill items in general, what QL should I start collecting for sale? No point in collecting QL15 if no one is using less than QL30.
    Last edited by DocSmock; Oct 19th, 2002 at 20:39:47.

Arrow

Everyone 150+ is wearing the "exact" same thing

Decraniums + Albrecht with a smattering of Dragon/So8/Carbonum + MA suits/Padded Coat/Web Cloak.

Basically all the "uber" armor, though its more tried and tested than anything.

I got a lil screenshot of everyone after a T raid, its lowrez for lowlag but pretty funny.

Oh yeah WCM, some "plain old normal people" got dragon parts today. At least the omni ones did hehe

Normally I solo. I just team up for loack of anything better to do and a change of pace. I didn't buy this game to level up the fastest or get everything there is to get by level 2. I just play for fun. If Noone teams with me so what? It'll take me two days to level instead of a hour? Maybe I won't level up at all. What difference does it really make?
    Er.. leveling makes the game, fun. You get more thingies that way too!

As for your choice in armor lets put it this way:

Engineers DONT NEED NANO POINTS. Thank you. Wll we have is single cast buffs and all the bot heals are pretty much pointless after a while, too slow and drain too much.

Think you don't need mochams? I guess you must be under level 50 still. On the 75-100 climb you watch that self created bot go from orange to yellow to green to grey very fast. With all your stats maxed and Q 125 imps you will have a light orange/yellow bot at 100. And ya know what, it doesn't go back up to orange until lvl 120. Like to just screw around? hey thats great that bot is permanant. You keep it til it dies or you log so why the hell not get a big bad one.
    Bill "Rudeboyz" Clinton Nobel Prize Winning Engineer, Crusader for Duct Tape and Reclaim Inspector General of Rubi-Ka Gear

Freshman Bob "Spookyrudy" Dole Buff Dispenser, Sexy Atrox, Master of The Atrox Monkey Love Arts

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12