Thread: Idea For Class Specific Towers

Idea For Class Specific Towers

A few thoughts I had about towers...

1. A Crat tower that had a precentage chance of doing a "Crat Like thing" to any MOBs in an area, such as mez or charm or xp buff any friendlies. The attempt would check every 15- min, depending on the queality of the tower. (Note charmed creatures would be charmed to the tower directily, and would not be player-controlable.) Another alternative to that affect would be two types of towers, one that emits a motovational speech, and a demotivational speech.

2. A trader's tower that could serve as a store, based off the pre-release idea from one very creative trader who had a similar idea for a traders "Trade cart pet". (Don't remember name, sry.)

3. Adventurer's tower that could give a map upgrade-like effect on map around it.

4. Doc's tower that could let you save there. (May be overpowered, would need limitations. Maybe once saving at the tower, you would have a nanoprogram cast on you automatically. Long duration. As long as the program ran when you died, you'd respawn at the tower.)

5. Nano-Tech tower with a giant nano-fiber web. Slowly recharges over time. Owner+allies can use the tower and have their nano-energy recharged like a kit. Could be made interesting by having pads to sit on.

6. Fixers could have a tower that served as a personal grid point for him and his allies. It could be put onto a seperate "Level" of the grid, for an individual team, visable and accessable only by that team.

7. Soldiers could have a tower that accepts items you don't want. Once a certan number of "scrap" items are put in, a random type of ammo is produced.

Just some thoughts.

-LNS
    Last edited by LNS0388; Aug 18th, 2002 at 06:13:35.
    Aubrey "Biranccu" McChristion - Clan Martial Artist.

This won't work in my opinion, seeing as how the towers and bonuses are geared towards a guild... unless you suggest that you can only buy/have/build these towers if you have a certain percentage of members of that profession in your guild.
    Intenseheat: Omni MA, ph33r teh ub3r l337
    Preeminence: Omni crat - hopelessly gimped - lost 180K IP trying to reset skills - ph33r teh ub3r t33th
    Omniwins: Omni soldier, always winning

I'm just an ass that happens to be smart.

True, but the press release says that the towers will be constructable for individual people, so just some thoughts.

advs should have towers that turn hostiles into leets

with that said... great ideas

Thanks, I tried to be creative without overpowering anybody.

I still need ideas for enforcers, Agents, MAs, and MPs. I think that's all I missed

Mp's
    get a tower that allows the emmbers to fly inside it and around it without a yalm and allowing them to attack from air.

you forgot the defence system:\

More Towers

Agent Towers that can detect enemy's sneaking into your land.

Trader Towers that would allow the org to deposit unwanted items in a sort of bank for others in the org to come and look through. Oh yeah and if it gets captured the other guild gets to loot it.

Engineer towers that occationally spawn guardbots (QL depends on tower)

Crat Towers that... What do Crats do exactly?... Ill get back to that one.... Maybe they can chain cast motivational speeches to the people defending the towers.

MP towers that buff the Nano skills of the org when defending the land.

Dev Towers that nerf your brac.. Ahh nevermind wrong place (Im actually pro barcer nerf but it was the only controversy that comes to mind right now)

More to come when I think of it

edit...

MA Towers that jump out and wipe the floor with your posterior if you invade

Enforcer Towers... Enforcer's are towers why would they need to build them
    Last edited by Sara79; Aug 19th, 2002 at 08:13:41.

Crat towers would spawn standard guards to patrol the area (maybe 8 per tower)

Trader towers that debuff all enimies and keeps a 132 wrangle up on all defenders ......

Ma tower that buff all defenders with RI and UCV...

hum. well .. mabye a tad overpowered..... But wold make the attackers strive a bit.. .)
    Char list:
    Discont 200 trader,
    Geiringe 184 MA,
    Tykkskalle 114 Enf,
    Vidsyn 114 NT
    Rightfirst 77 MA
    Lifegiwer 74 Doc,
    Quickdraw 60 Soldier

I like the idea for the MP's Fly Aura tower, good idea.

As for crat, I already made a suggestion for a timed mez/charm aura, or a motovational speech tower.

thats a damm good idea..i was wanderin if you could have ins terms and grids and the like in your camp but the tower thing makes way more since..I however think the soldier tower should hit opponets with ubber damage and smoke them like the little kittens they are though ROFLMAO ohh yeah!!! That would be beutiful
    bla

Some things just don't work this way

Why don't you ask them for dancing towers that do "disco' animations while you are at it. No wait you can have towers that bow down when guild leaders are present. Or towers that mysteriously go invisible or shrinking towers. Hey for all the professions that get nerfed you can have towers that have toilets in them.

Bitter much, Drabin?

Maybe you should let the guy be hopeful. I think the idea of profession's being able to construct specific types of towers around the central org controlling tower to give different bonuses/defensive strategies/whatever is a pretty good one. Obviously you don't, but you sure as hell didn't offer any constructive criticism either.

Enforcer towers: HP buffing aura for all defenders?

MA towers: Crit buffing aura. Only 1-4% depending on level of MA setting up the tower, though, but could stack with marks for a pretty nice bonus.

Flight aura? Seems a bit... dunno, useless. How about MP towers that have a sort of anti-nanoskill aura; a sort of permanent low-level nanoshutdown on anyone in the vicinity. Maybe ranging from -5 to -100, depending on level of MP setting the tower?
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Originally posted by Kiryat-Dharin
    Bitter much, Drabin?

Maybe you should let the guy be hopeful. I think the idea of profession's being able to construct specific types of towers around the central org controlling tower to give different bonuses/defensive strategies/whatever is a pretty good one. Obviously you don't, but you sure as hell didn't offer any constructive criticism either.

Enforcer towers: HP buffing aura for all defenders?

MA towers: Crit buffing aura. Only 1-4% depending on level of MA setting up the tower, though, but could stack with marks for a pretty nice bonus.

Flight aura? Seems a bit... dunno, useless. How about MP towers that have a sort of anti-nanoskill aura; a sort of permanent low-level nanoshutdown on anyone in the vicinity. Maybe ranging from -5 to -100, depending on level of MP setting the tower?
    Thanks for all the compliments guys... Good idea with the HP buff aura, fits the Enforcer profile.

As far as I'm concerned, the MA tower idea works. I was going to post the crit aura idea, but I didn't feel it was creative enough, but if it good with you, very nice

As for the MP idea, that would be good. I wanted something that didn't involve summoning :-)

Enforcer Tower:
    -Falls over, crushing invaders.

-Doing an even more rediculous version of an Atrox going /ballet

No, serious, I like the HP Buff idea. Maybe Blund/Edged/Piercing buffs as well

Oh, and it enlarges all defenders...

Kisses
    Steelbuns
    Quote Originally Posted by Primakoff
    You can never deal enough damage to OD even the most average role-player 220 soldier with the right gun, so taunts are your only hope.
    I want to tank The Beast with nothing but a chair and a Concrete Cushion FFS!

How about a Engi tower that worked a bit like the "blinding nanos" but on a bigger scale... say, the map of enemys...

countered by map nav ofcouse...
    would work like this...
    player enters zone... tower attempt to "lock down" enemys map/radar funtions... and will do this unless the person has the map nav to counter... how much u need to counter based on the Ql of the tower...

just a idea...
    OT Soldier: Sarv
    My little CH ho: Zitrix