Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who is interested in the Pack?

Who is interested in the Pack?

A few disclaimers: First this thread is to find out which players wants the booster pack (because I haven't heard of 1 who is yet)?

Second there are enough threads stating that this pack is a bad idea, I'd like to have one for the people who like it.

Personally I think it is a bad idea and I don't want everyone in my guild to be forced to buy something in order to be a "real" guildie. I would ask that land control (and other org advantages) be included as a patch and the graphics update be included with Shadowlands. I want to hear which players disagree and would like a booster pack though?

I won't object to any of your reasons, I just want to hear your voice be heard.

I'm interested in the booster pack, new graphics and land control and all.

However I'm against selling it only in boxed sets in stores.

MUST be downloadable

Many will agree

I agree with him. It's gotta be downloadable. It's a part of what we were made to believe we were paying for in our 12.95.

Shadowlands?.....i'll prolly get it cause it's fair to say that it does qualify as an expansion.

Booster pack?....no way in hell I'm spending money to get something that should be in an update. Shove it.

I can't wait for either one, I'm still having a blast with AO, can't wait for more content and things to do.

And for the creator of this thread, there are tons of people that are happy for them, only a few people I talk to in AO even frequent these boards =)

EEK

Well I must agree to most of the peeps in here. The booster pack should be a patch and not something you have to spend money on. Offcours I would love that it is possible for the guilds to uphold areas, but what I dont like is that we should be charged for this. When I bought the game, it was to my understanding that the war should be raging between the Clans and Omni-Tek. So far I have only seen this once with the Bomming of Omni-E and the retaliation afterwards. Therfor this is just a late update for the game. This should have been implanted in the game from the start and not something you put in a 1 yeah later.

BTW when does the war start??? Get some Roleplaying in the game for christ sacke.

So FC get that hand out of my pocket, and put this under the patch section where it belongs. This is a lame plan for getting more money of us players.

I'm interested. Bring it on!!!

Fear is the Mind Killer.
    You wasted life, why wouldn't you waste death?

Any new content is good content in my view, but if this was spose to be in the expansion anyways, and they want to release it sooner in Booster Pack form, they should make it free and downloadable, with the option to buy a CD if it is to big of a download for you, doesnt need to be a whole boxed set, simple CD mailed to you.

And yes I am very intrested in what the pack may contain and the new content, thats not my problem, its how they expect people to pay for something that could effect what happends with guilds, which atm is the main reason a lot of people stay, is the people they know, what happends when half of them buy the booster, and the other half dont, this isnt a big enough of a change that everyone will run out to the store and get it, and I feel more likely to get the expansion if they gave this in patch form, or downloadable for free to give us a taste of what Shadowlands has in store for us.

Again I would like to see this pack, what it really contains, how much its really going to cost, before I finally decide how much its going to effect weather I get it or not. In truth the extra money isnt going to kill me, but thats not really the point, the point is when will it end, will we have to pay 5 dollars everytime they come out with a bug fix patch?
    Ryokucha First Gimped Novice 220 Adv.... Leets are people too!!!
    Ryokibin 220 MA - Dreams are short, but nightmares last forever...
    Ryochi 215 doc - Just another gimped healpet! :P
    Ryomeiji 205 MP - Healpet/Dmg pet/mezpet, what more could a girl ever want? MORE!
    Ryosekushi 213 Trader - Huh?!? Who?!? What?!? ahhhh...

Eternal Fury Forums

In my opinion, anything over $9.95 is too much for the booster pack. The booster should be $9.95 with the expansion being $19.95 with discounts for people who subscribe in three month or six month blocks.

They will have a lot of mad people if they charge $19.95 for the booster pack. There is a lot of mad people already but it definately will be worse if the price is out of wack.
    Fear is the Mind Killer.
    You wasted life, why wouldn't you waste death?

Well if they are using the excusse many people have been complaing about big patches, and this one is going to be big, so we decided to make it a booster pack so you dont have to download and can buy the cd of this patch, well then the CD better be very cheap if thats the reason, even 9.95 seems a bit high, 4.95 for a CD with a big patch and some new content might be resonable, as long as you can dl the patch for free if you have the bandwidth for it. All I can say is 19.95 for a patch, this patch isnt anything ground breaking that it would warrent a price like that, so I do hope thats only a rumor.
    Ryokucha First Gimped Novice 220 Adv.... Leets are people too!!!
    Ryokibin 220 MA - Dreams are short, but nightmares last forever...
    Ryochi 215 doc - Just another gimped healpet! :P
    Ryomeiji 205 MP - Healpet/Dmg pet/mezpet, what more could a girl ever want? MORE!
    Ryosekushi 213 Trader - Huh?!? Who?!? What?!? ahhhh...

Eternal Fury Forums

I'm all for it.
    Unless they get stupid and over price it.
    "Ph43r me! For I am...Darth Sp00n." --my bot belonging to my main character Ruleth.
    Ruleth: Omni-tek aligned 'crat.
    Releuth: Clan aligned MP. (Ruleth's twin sister.)
    RuthieChan: Omni-tek aligned MA.
    Leetaschan: Omni-tek aligned Adventerer.
    And last but not least; Depravedgirl: The neutral aligned Atrox Enforcer who thinks she's a girl, and speaks in falsetto only.

Wink Yeah!

i think it should be Download able and be bought in stores for those who's stuck with a ISDN or Modem
    Moomoocow :: 213 Atrox MA :: eqp
    -Watch the skies!
    Socializer 80% Explorer 53% Achiever 33% Killer 33%

Legion

Interested in it, sounds fun, and huggable
    but I really want my leet doll, what happened to my leet doll funcom?

hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

Not interested, and it should have been a patch from the beginning.

As for pricing I think it will probably land around 20$ if they are to make any profit for all involved.
    Troll Commando, doing the dirty work that need to be done.

Don't mind paying money for it... it's a small expansion pack, after all (no it's not a patch it's an expansion ).

I'll probably get it, depends a bit on how much there is for neutrals in this expansion.

Im intersted and willing to pay for it. i think it will add another dimension to this
    Sonny "Ramid" Bichrest

President Vox Populi
    Guild website
    http://www.bbfun.com/index.php?mforum=vox

Sign me up.

I'll be buying it, even if it is $20.

Smile I'm in. So's most of my guild.

I seriously doubt it will price for more than $15 dollars. And if it gives us more things to do together as a guild then it is well worth it.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

No way im going to the shop to buy this patch...
    It should be dowloadable for free according to fc...
    if the only place to get it in shops ill have 2 problems NO ONE HEARD ABOUT THIS GAME HERE.
    I downloaded it and bought an acc threw the internet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast