Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The definative thread. Who is gimped, who is just whining.

hey avatar, you are kind of a jerk. tell us more about your mighty fixer, what level? when did you start him? fixers were a very gimped class, whether the sacrifices were made or not it was still very very difficult to solo a 50% mission. now with the latest patch fixers are finally balanced. maybe you could be less harsh and quit calling people newbs who are expressing their opinions.

and don't pick on lilnymph, the hug-of-doom has many many friends
    I am an Asteroid.

I am a drifter. I go where life leads, which makes me usually a very calm and content sort of person. That or thoroughly apathetic. Usually I keep on doing whatever I'm doing, and it takes something special to make me change my mind.

HAHAHA!

playa #2 suckas

Well, avatar's right about a couple things here.

1) Everyone should max body dev every level, no matter what it's cost. Body dev should be the first thing you max after you ding. If you're not maxing body dev then that's the reason you die like a dog after 2 hits.

2) Everybody and anybody tanks after lvl 150, yes even gimped proffessions like agents and nt's, and engineers.

At low lvls you don't max evades, you just keep them at a decent level, simply enough to keep from getting critted every hit. At high levels is when you pour ip into em and max em.

Oh and ac buffs are actually usefull at high levels (not at low tho, at low lvls it's better to just twink into higher ql armor then to spend ip to cast ac buffs). At high levels once you've capped your ac's with ql 200 armor or mk 2 armor from the den, big bad mobs start hitting for more then minimum damage again. That's when ac buffs become usefull.

Other then that tho avatar is waaay off base. Rating nt's and soldiers as being good at pvp proves that I think. Plus the thing about traders being the new agent , they took a hit with the heal fix, but they still rock pretty good. And soldiers having good evades, that's a laugh , fixers and ma's have good evades, soldiers and enforcers have average evades.

/shrug
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

i dont know about you

but everytime i read a "definite" or "last words of wisdom" post without seing a line of 12 characters - one of every class -
    with at least one well past 150 and the others say in their 100-120ies in the signature .... then i have to think that it is based on second hand knowledge.

second hand knowledge < experience

and a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing.

shrug.
    sept 03 - the day ao was keeled by sl.

gone now. byebye.

PlasmaTorch, sorry but your engineer is just personally a gimp.

No one is claiming the engineer is uber, but the engineer is certainly not the most fragile thing in the game as you claim.

The original point of arguement was that any class can tank pretty well past 150. This is true, but then someone had to clueless chime in saying the engineer couldn't.

Originally posted by Genar-Hoefen
    fixers were a very gimped class, whether the sacrifices were made or not it was still very very difficult to solo a 50% mission. now with the latest patch fixers are finally balanced.....

quit calling people newbs who are expressing their opinions.
    Nothing is more annoying than flamers that don't read the posts. I never called anyone a newb. In fact, the other guy was the one calling ME a newb, assuming I don't have a fixer.

The rest is a typical canned response.

"Fixer was gimped, whaa whaa, now they deserve their uberness,etc, etc."

Don't clutter this thread with flamey crap like that please. At least try to back up your flamish opinions instead of spouting them out and expecting it to hold its own against more well constructed posts.

ooga booga

Yes MA's are the producers new love pets, since the game whent retail Enf hasnt got a singel new item. And MA's which are realy a close profesion to Enf has goten love for 8 months in a row now.

MA's are taking over the role as Tank for the Enf, filling his shoes. Because now that FC made evades work better, MA's can tank way better then Enf with there 1150 in evade after lvl 160.
    And hold aggro way better (noone can outdmg them thats why they hold aggro all the time). Enf has 1 lightblue and 2 blue evade skills, even tho we have moore hp it goes away faster then the ma who has suppirior evades.

Im not saying that Enf should be the only profesion that can tank a mob. But MA can take aggro better and dish of the dmg better, do moore dmg, and have moore ips spare. So Why pick Enf? Been at a Tara raid latly? who do they want on the kill team? MA's, they tank T and heal the person who is tanking. MA's has become to AO w00t tanking mages was for Ultima Online. Why they are getting so much love is beyond me.

Not to mention that when a MA atrox picks up a beam, and casts those chemical hands. He dose chemical dmg with the beam. And he can get that 86+ 2hb buff from a enf, then have the same attack skill as a Enf. Dooooooing chemical dmg with beam and have UVC on top of that.

/me smacks himself on the forhead, why didnt I pick MA?

Just my 2 cents.

ooga booga

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234