Thread: Descent into the past

Descent into the past

The order was simple. And it made him frown. Somehow the transcript seemed heavy in his hand. Nick Noodle surely had enough time on his bones to recognize a everyday transcript from something not quite...... usual.

To:Nick Noodle,President
    Detachment: Disciples of Omni-Tek

Detachment: Omni Int-Ops

Your precense is requered at the Omni HQ urgently.

It had all the right legitimations aswell. It was not a fake. Nick had ran every test available to him on it.... He was summoned by Internal Operations. For someone with the history of Naefen..... this could mean the end.

Omni HQ, a glorious manifestation of the power and geniosity controlled by the hyper-stellar corporation Omni Tek. A thriving central where hundreds ,maybe thousands, of business transactions flowed through on a daily basis. The sum of credits wich would be dazzling to anyone but the strictest and most powerful Traders the corporation could muster.
    Nick "Naefen" Noodle had seen better days. This time, walking through the streets towards the central HQ building, he felt nothing like the once young employee prowling on enemys of the corporation and senior members of the great family wich was Omni Tek. He felt like a target.

The doors to the great dark building slid silently open as he aproached. He walked inside. The doors shut behind him just as silent as they had opened. He was inside. Nick strolled directly towards the information desk where a perky brunette stared out on him from the other side of a purplish forcefield. A window if youd like. The ones made of sheer energy that would silently zap you if you came into contact with it. Everything was done silently in the halls of Omni HQ......

"President Nick Noodle to see Marvin Glayce." Naefen said seemingly unaffected by what he feared could happen. It was something he had learned through experience, to not seem nervous when he really felt like tumbling over and cry.

"Yes ofcourse Sir. If you would wait over there he will be down to see you shortly" The brunette answered with a polite smile,pointing towards a group of chairs further inside.

Naefen turned and walked towards the chair. The thought suddenly hit him... Why not run? Into Shadowlands and stay there where Omni Tek had atleast a seemingly lessened grasp on things. Why hadnt this thought struck him before he came here??!!?

His eyes fell on a blue light descending on the wall opposite to where he was sitting. Obviously, the light was indicating which floor the elevator was at any given moment. The large steel doors right next to the blue light was probably where Mr.Glayce would exit. Exit and greet him...

The light had not even reached halfway down when Naefen heard a voice from his side.
    "Mr.Noodle I presume?"

Naefen looked up at the man with the faintest of smiles plastered onto his face.
    "Indeed, and you are Mr.Glayce?"

The short, bald man smiled stiffly and reached out a hand.
    "Good meeting you Mr.Noodle. Please follow me."

They started walking down the corridors. Turning lefts and rights and passing a ,what seemed darkening to Naefen, great number of guards on the way. Until they entered an office. Naefens eyebrows raised slightly at the sight of another official and two guards also standing in the room. The black desk in the middle of the room, with no windows, had only two chairs. One on each side and they were most certainly not the comfortable type either.

Mr.Glayce sat down and signaled for Naefen to sit aswell.
    "To the point Mr.Noodle, or Naefen if I may...?"

"Ofcourse....Marvin..." Naefen answered carefully.

"It appears you have undertaken some extra-curricular, shall we say....,activities during your assignments here on Rubi-Ka. Activities NOT condoned by the corporation." His voice hammered inside Naefen`s head. It suddenly became crystal clear to him that this day might very well be the last day he saw the sky.

"Nothing that disturbed or hindered my duties to the corporation Marvin, I can assure you." Naefen lied.

Marvin shook his head while opening a file.
    "Thats not what this file tells me Mr.Noodle. And you can call me Mr.Glayce after all I should think....."
    Last edited by Naefen; Jul 17th, 2006 at 11:24:12.
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

((I wonder how Naefen will charm his way out of this sutuation.))
    Last edited by SmokeBraid; Jul 17th, 2006 at 06:32:50.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeBraid
    ((I wonder how Naefen will charm his way out of this sutuation.))
    (( Why do I have the feeling he won't? ))
    Servatis a periculum - servatis a maleficum

And the world spins by with everybody moaning, p***ing, b****ing and everyone is sh***ing
    On their friends, On their love, On their oaths, On their honor, On their graves,
    Out their mouths and their words say nothing

As it turned out, Internal Opreations really could dig up all your dirty laundry. Once they had theire eyes on you there werent anything they couldnt find. The file they had on Nick Noodle was long. Mr.Glayce spent the next fifteen minutes reading the list of activities, Internal Operations had pinned on Naefen, wich had not been aproved by any Omni Tek officials. "Rogue activities" ,as they were called in the file.

The room seemed to empty itself of oxygen for Naefen as Mr.Glayce kept on reading. Seconds went by but they felt like hours. They sure had done good work on him.
    Almost all was there. About half of his assasinations in the early years of his career, forget that they were ordered by other "Rogue Officials" outranking Naefen. Most of his "Unauthorized access breach`s" were there aswell. Never mind that 90% of those were to find information about his sister who were missing at that time. His siphoning of medical equipment to provide the best care possibly for his comatosed sister. Theft, manslaughter, deceits, etc etc.

Naefen closed his eyes as he felt a drop of sweat run silently down his forehead. He was done for. The last minute of listening to the acusations were done without staring at Mr.Glayce`s lips. Memories welled up of all the things he had done. He hadnt been the kindest employee....That was true.

"Do you have anything to say for yourself Mr.Noodle?" Mr.Glayce said. His voice stern and commanding. It didnt sound like a question at all. Just a formality.

"I deny all of the files content. I have been a employee of Omni Tek for a very long time and I have served well. Beyond the call of duty." Naefen answered slowly, eyes on his folded hands resting in his lap.

"Yes you have Mr.Noodle. You have been a member of our family for a long time indeed. And ,as I can see, you have earned promotions and tokens of gratitude from the corporation in reward." Mr.Glayce answered quickly, and in a hurry.

Naefen sat still... Punishment was inevitable. What he wished for, he couldnt tell. Was perma-death better than a life behind bars?
    Last edited by Naefen; Jul 18th, 2006 at 19:20:59.
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats