Thread: Pvp Style in light of the booster pack

Pvp Style in light of the booster pack

With the booster pack proposing a new type of pvp, Clan Org vs Omni Depts, I was wondering what type of pvp most of you prefer and made a poll to find out

You can find it here .

On good days in 2ho and camelot castle, I seen great battles there, that were quite enjoyable.

I find that the earlier proposed Territory take over(guards changing side) would involve multiple orgs against multiple depts and would end up looking more like the Clan/omni epic battles that were proposed initially.

My prefered pvp style is war type events that needs the colloboration of many clans/depts. Gues you know my vote.
    Last edited by andertec; Aug 17th, 2002 at 23:50:35.

I liked ambush style of pvp .

When people hunted at medusasa or when later when i reroled and made MP and hunted at ace camp and wenzell was ganking us.

I am looking foward some high lvl dina camps in 25% zones. Bring back medusas and snurf
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

How bout PvP without lag?

With zones like 2h0 and camelot the number of players can vary significantly. I'm sure this makes it hard to allocate whatever it is that lets large numbers of people use the same zone. Making large scale battles possible without 5 second delays on everything from trying to sit to trying to cast would be an amazingly significant step. I dont know if FC realizes how annoyed players get when they see a large group of people approaching.....freeze.....wait.....wait.....wait. ...screen goes white....wait....wait....wait.....Oh hello reclaim.

Not that content isnt desperately needed but if the parts of the game that are already implemented would work it'd allow people to get out there and participate.

this is the problem I have with the booster pack: lag.
    how are you going to make large scale battles fun when having more than 10 people around at th same time makes hellacious lag?

I'm all for a booster pack and I'm all for paying 20 bucks for it. This is no different than other games (quake 3 team arena for expample or half life: blue shift) in which we pay a small amount to get new content.

But Funcom has shown us there is little that they can do correctly on the first attempt. Okay, we got permanent bases. Guild 1 puts their base next to guild 2 and they pretty much fight all day long. How is the lag going to be addressed to make this possible? With the current state of the game, it will lag both sides so badly that killing another player becomes a matter of luck. And how about passerbys? We have these major battles all over the planet lagging up the place. How is anyone going to hunt? I need to hear from Funcom how they will be addressing this game's lag problems before I can have any sort of confidence in a pvp booster pack.

Even arena battles lag my casting by 2-5 seconds. I fought an MA about my level a few days back. In the arena he beat the living tar out of me. things were so bad that my healing pet went to him instead of me and I couldnt get a single nuke off. so we went to DAV and had another, lag free fight. He won again, however by the slimmest of margins. Both our health was down to like nothing and he managed to brawl me to win the game. After the fight he told me he wasn't sure it would happen again that way if we were to fight again. Now that was a true gentleman and a good fighter. JCDV2, my hat goes off to you bro and I gained so much respect for you after that match. Doesn't matter to me if I lost, I just thought it was cool as hell you went to DAV with me.
    Low lag in dav, so both of us had ALOT of fun. In the arena, it's just plain out frustrating, especially for a casting profession. a 5 second delay on casting is the difference between winning or losing, or at least making a good show of it.

40 guild members fighting another 40 guild members in the booster pack. With the current game mechanics, this will not work. It will be like fighting in camelot back in the days when engis would warp people in the dungeon, only worse. Not only will you have to load all other players' data, as well as your towers, etc., but you'll have to load that entire zone into your comp's ram. Broken shores (the empty parts, not the city of home) is like 160mb of data pumped into your comp. I've seen the clientr.exe file eat up 560mb of data without any pvp action.

Add 20-60 players and it will wreck the game, not only for the people fighting, but anyone within visual range of them.

Originally posted by TheDeacon
    this is the problem I have with the booster pack: lag.
    how are you going to make large scale battles fun when having more than 10 people around at th same time makes hellacious lag?

*Sarcasms*
    The booster pack is the solution to PvP, you will get alot less lag with 2 guilds fighting each other then CLan vs Omnis.

*/Sarcasms*