Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Proposal for the Unified Clan Nation!!!

((No, I never said that it is required for pvp only that I think PvP is one of the things that truely expresses the OT Vs Clans conflict, if I was unclear on that Im sorry, I for one RP a lot more than PvP. Second, intelligence is not the most important part of the military, supply is, anyone in the military can tell you that. Game Over is the group I think you are talking about and I belive that was started by an RP event, Xauns assassination))

Actually a lot of work and planning goes into the vast majority of our mining area conflicts, which is why you will see Aethyr Knight or Game Over hit more than one or two in a given streach.

Also, none of them came crawling Ivanelme, neither to us or when walking away from the table. As to the names of some of the groups, I dont have that information, they had contacted Xaun to arange it and didnt give it to much attention seeing as I was more on the support side.

Monczeli, yes, negotiate. Such as cease fires in the face of serious threats such as massive alien attacks, Nanomage Legion assults and the like. Only the most brutal of goventment dose not realize the effect political effort can often achive and they are often reduced to picking on weaker powers or being over thrown by the next brutal dictator.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Gurney "Twistshot" Halleck

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

You know, going back over this I cant help but wonder about something.

Why is it that you, Astera, had to bring up tower conflicts when Kabulla was asking about where our 1 milion credit fee goes to that we have to pay to join the CoT and where everyone else gets their money from.

Im sure you all will say that we brought up tower conflicts by Kabulla saying that we get ours from the limited Notum mining that we do. That is incorrect, he stated it as WHERE we get some of our money from. The actuall talk of mining site conflicts was brought up by the rest of you.

Tussa, I have to wonder why exactly you felt in nessessary to continue to fan flames with your speach as well, shifting the talk about a form of govenment that Xaun would have liked to have seen the CoT to evolve into.

I knew that you two did not like Xaun, or by extention the Aethyr Knights, but that is truely low of you both.

(Also it is from you two that the whole accusation of us thinking PvP is the most important part of this game made in OOC comments that were then used IC, I didnt notice that untill now. I actually find that a little irritating.)
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

Quote Originally Posted by Kabulla
    And no we are not strapped for cash in AK that why we mine notum. Which makes me wonder where Assembly and The Black Company get thier funding from. As I don't see any of your members actively out fighting for the few surface mines that are available. I would like to think you for your little contibution with the mine locations and gas level changes that your group spent the time to collect. Personally I would think Assembly being the strong Sentinal supporters that you are would be doing more then gathering information and maybe just once join some of us on the front lines. Same goes to The Black Company and any other Sentinal support cause is it just me or do you guys talk big and hide when the rest of us fight for what we believe is ours.
    You're not going to sit here and tell us that the above statement was merely about where the money comes from when there are DIRECT accusations against us not being as active as you are in the Notum Wars.

If you don't get it, i've isolated a sentence or two for you.
    gathering information and maybe just once join some of us on the front lines. Same goes to The Black Company and any other Sentinal support cause is it just me or do you guys talk big and hide when the rest of us fight for what we believe is ours.
    And then theres this little gem:
    (( ooc: As to those of you who think PvP is not RP I encourage you to drink a cup of coffee, pop a few no-doze and read up on AO one of the central points of the game is OMNI VS CLANS if pvp dosent personify this conflict then go play Dungens and Dragons online where there is no pvp at all, or Everquest 2 where it is limited to areans. Suck it up people, its just a game.))
    So, are you still going to try and worm out of it or will we be subject to more personal attacks? Low is pretending not seeing the insults in those quotes and trying to create more drama to have a larger jump off point for the UCN.

At one point, I was on very even terms with Xaun...right now though, I find myself less than willing to give anything you say any more than a passing thought.

You don't get it and you refuse to get it. Stop wasting my time.
    Last edited by Astera; Jul 14th, 2006 at 19:17:34.

(First off, im only going to acknowledge one of those qoutes IC since the other one was OOC. This is what im talking about, you using OOC statements to support IC stuff and direct IC statements. You are a horable roleplayer. THAT is a direct insult.)

Again it seems to me he is once again asking where you get your funding from as well and saying that while your getting information on gas levels at Notum mines is all well and good, he would like to see you take a more active stance when it comes to the conflict, we are always looking for people to assist with nano programs and medical care afterwards.

As for your claims that you were once on "very even terms" with Xaun, you forget I have been at the CoT meetings, I have seen your reaction to everything that she says and I have seen several of your replys to things she has posted up in places on the grid.

Always quick to treat rumors against her as fact and disbelive anything that was supportive of her.

That brings me back to an interesting point. You never did answer Kabullas question, you only ripped into him. Where dose the money go?

Quote Originally Posted by Twistshot
    (Also it is from you two that the whole accusation of us thinking PvP is the most important part of this game made in OOC comments that were then used IC, I didnt notice that untill now. I actually find that a little irritating.)
    (( Whoa whoa. the PVP argument was started between *me* and Xaun. not Tussa, or Astera, or any combination of the two. It evolved into a verbal slugfest OOC soon after about the other saying who's Org should do what. Hence me looseing my temper on this subject. We both agreed to let the focuses of our Orgs out of the debate.

I know that's why Assembly took polls with our members on PVP, and changed our discription to cleariffy what it is we focus on:

RP (primary, applying to every aspect of what we do *do*)
    Mole / Spy hunting
    Extractions ( Players and Greenies)
    Investigateing other threats to the clans ( the ones that will let us. This also inculdes the tower field mapping that we were asked to do. )
    PVE ( it's what most of us do when we are bored)

PVP is a distant last. It's up to the player whether or not they PVP. We encourage them that if they talk trash or say they are a front line soldier, to act out that part.

Me personaly, this is my first toon. I'm poor with only a few 50 mil to my name. I need well over 2billion for the rest of the end gear equpiment, and I'll be damned if I go out to a 220 tower feild at 211/11 with patches of T3 armor, and a syndicate gun. Getting two shotted is not fun. I'm not gonna just hand Omni players titles like that. When I do get my stuff in order then yeah I will, not like I'll have anything better to do any way :P

I can't speak for the others though I assume that if they wish to PVP via towers, or the soon to be platfoms, they are in the same boat as me. So, don't hold your breath on us being out there any time soon. Our money is earned off bags of token guns, monster parts and Nanos mainly. None of us have a 220 toon, and if one of us does, then they are not mentioning it.))

As for accusing Tussa and Astera for skimming money fromt he CoT. Don't you think the'y be a bit better equiped? Maybe own another city? or even have bigger cities?

Funny, you seem upset that there has been such bad blood between our leaders, but now that you are in the big chair you're flinging the same year old accusation Xaun did.

I seriously Doubt She'll want to be remembered by the leagacy of hate you're building here.

(Kotts, I was unaware of the agreement between you and Xaun.)

No, that is not what Kabulla is askinig, he wants to know where the money goes. What is it being spent on? How much spent on what? Is there a surplus? So on and so forth.

If he thought they were skimming, he would have said so I believe.

Your information is wrong Kotts, Kabulla is in the big chair, not me. He was voted in by Aethyr Knights as one of three people running for the possition, I was not one of the other canadites.

Xaun was always looking for ways to improve the clans as a whole, thus her original proposal for the UCN. Only Herminaa, out of everyone who has come and looked at it, has expressed any desire to learn more about it. Everyone else seems hung up on Towers.

My appologise to you Herminaa.

Only Herminaa, out of everyone who has come and looked at it, has expressed any desire to learn more about it. Everyone else seems hung up on Towers.
    Now I tried to stay out of the tower conflict debate as long as I could. I gave several valid reasons why I will not support this proposal. And this attitude of 'because you disagree your opinion doesn't count' is precisely what I am opposing.
    Roland "Monczeli" Faoláin - 189/11/42 - Assembly

egadsrk2: I can't recall the last time I played this game with pants on.

((yay for ooc insults. You made the statement, don't get mad when I use it to counter your argument, jerk.))

This is exactly what i'm talking about. You won't get it and you will never get it. You ignore fact for what ever reason to try and switch things around. I have only to direct you to the private forums of the CoT but it's pointless. You won't see it. When we disagree, its mean for the sake of being mean. No other reason.

...and just so you know, I have talked on several occasions to Xaun privately to try and understand things or at least just to talk. Try to see what kind of compromise we can come up with, Knight to Sentinel. I've complimented her and worked and bit my tongue more than once just so she'd realize that we're all clanners here... this pointless drama that she created doesn't need to happen. Also, if you would like, I invite you to go back and read through the logs to see exactly how many times i've "been mean" to her during the meetings. Baseless accusations aren't very nice...but they're expected when someone doesn't have a leg to stand on and are trying to keep their head above water.

If you didn't have so much contempt for the Council you'd know where the credits go...but i'll humor you. The credits go into a fun for future Council use. So far, they've added money with Silverstone and Jacobi to make sure Clans got a chance to buy land from the ICC and they've paid for billboards. Some of the money is currently being used to arm regular citizens and some more will (hopefully) be used for other projects that will be brought up at the next meeting.

((oops, posted it twice on an edit.))
    Last edited by Astera; Jul 14th, 2006 at 21:03:55.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotts
    (( I'm poor with only a few 50 mil to my name. I need well over 2billion for the rest of the end gear equpiment, and I'll be damned if I go out to a 220 tower feild at 211/11 with patches of T3 armor, and a syndicate gun. Getting two shotted is not fun. I'm not gonna just hand Omni players titles like that.))
    ((Compared to me, you're rich! You'd looooove to run across me in a tower battle.

I think my situation is a part of the reason why RPers shy away from pvp aside from not being into it. Personally, I don't have a ton of time to play to begin with and, with the limited time I do have, I don't have much to devote solely to fund raising. Sure, I could go out there and be an extra body in the fight, but it wouldn't be very much fun.))
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Quote Originally Posted by Astera
    ((yay for ooc insults. You made the statement, don't get mad when I use it to counter your argument, jerk.))
    (I made the statement OOC and you used IC, thats what im mad about. Im sure you would be mad if I used some of your OOC statements in an IC post. Like me hate me, qoute me as your heart desires, but dont cross IC and OOC. Thats just horable RP'ing and made worse that you did it deliberatly)

Monczeli, you are correct, I missed your comment completly, my appologise for that.

To the first part. No, you are mistaken. The UCN would not be an entity that makes the clans agree, it would allow all the clans to decide as a group what they want. There have been a number of votes in the CoT where the outcome was closely decided on a vote. Dose that mean those who lost on the vote are being forced to do what the CoT decided on a voted issue?

Next, while there would be some centralization to the government all the desicion making would not happen at that level. Some one brought up the thought about local cities and such having the ability to act on their own in their area of responsability.

And Monczeli, on your last point. If you went and did something that was against your clans desicions, such as a "do not do this" and you did it anyway, wouldnt you expect your leadership to take issue with it? Wouldnt they hold you acountable to your actions? Dose that make your clan like OT? No, I think not.

Tussa, given your own personal responces each time Mr Silverstone spoke of attacking Omni mining feilds and taking them for the clans I would expect atleast a token effort from you and your clans, like wise from you and yours Astrea.

When it comes to taking the conflict to Omni-Tek you both need to either step up, or step out.

Dont want to hit mining sites? Fine, there are several OT outposts out there, some in clan territory, how about knocking over a few of those? Or the wondering OT personal around Tir?
    (( IC statement reguarding fighting.))

Actualy the Aethyr Knights HAVE been active in mining feild conflicts and I also have participated, both as a combatant and in a support position, in tower conflicts.

And if that reference was to state that we are not following the Knights of Avalon as you believe we should?

The vast majority of the Omni-Tek feilds we hit were owned by companies that had displayed a high level of agresion towards the clans, we have also helped several clan groups recover lost mining feilds. Several groups that were once highly agressive towards the clans have contacted Xaun in order to arange a cease fire of sorts, with them holding what they have and not expanding and with us not destroying the few peicies of equipment that they have left.
    ((another IC statement reguarding AK's pvp status))

And no we are not strapped for cash in AK that why we mine notum. Which makes me wonder where Assembly and The Black Company get thier funding from. As I don't see any of your members actively out fighting for the few surface mines that are available. I would like to think you for your little contibution with the mine locations and gas level changes that your group spent the time to collect. Personally I would think Assembly being the strong Sentinal supporters that you are would be doing more then gathering information and maybe just once join some of us on the front lines. Same goes to The Black Company and any other Sentinal support cause is it just me or do you guys talk big and hide when the rest of us fight for what we believe is ours.
    ((His direct insult to Assembly and The Black Company reguarding towerbattles in reguards to funding. Also an IC statement. So this base that we are using OOC knowldge in an IC context is groundless, you've given us a multitude of reasons and IC quotes upon which to base our argurment. So don't bitch at us if we are using your own argurments against you, both the OOC and IC ones in their respective contexts.))

(gha, have to put this here since you dont have PM's on. Im bitching about using OOC posts in a IC post, regardless of it still being flagged as an OOC qoute.)

((what the hell are you talking about, the whole thing started over an IC post. Not my fault you chimed in IC and people also responded OOC that the line had been crossed. Now you are getting it from both OOC and IC...there has been no cross over into the whole IC and OOC thing. Read the post, I just quoted all the IC statements and the one that started the whole thing. All OOC responses were designated as such by the most common used brackets. As far as this goes, if you are going to sit there and read what you posted IC and then bitch that you are getting shouted at with OOC topics then I am done with this as this whole thing is useless.))

((cant belive im haveing to make ANOTHER ooc post.))

((I am not disputing IC information, I am not complaning about it. My objection comes from the use of a OOC post in the middle of a IC post, despite it still being marked as OOC. I happen to think that PvP and RP can exist together, I have seen it on other MMO's I have played and I feel this "one or the other" mentality is a load of bull. Sure you may not win in every one on one pvp fight, but so what, next time bring two people to their one. My greatest memory from Everquest1 was a pvp fight against some one 10 levels higher than me with some of the best gear, and I won, I got my root off, dotted her like mad, sent my pet in and life drained them into sumbission.))

((You want to use a post against me fine, if you doing so ic or ooc fine but use an IC post if your IC not one of my OOC ones.))

((And enough witht he ooc posting, I have my PM's on, always have always will. If you have a personal problem with a post I have made, or anyone has made, send them a PM for crying out loud, thats what they are there for.))

Nevver watched the channel for a few more minutes then changed it to an ancient rerun of "Sanford & Son" on the HoloLand channel.
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

So umm ... when's Twist's assination scheduled again?

*leans back and mumbles*quit while your ahead man.
    "If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please', I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'."

SirNegs - Neutral Keeper
    Negs - Neutral MP
    Lode - Neutral Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by SirNegs
    So umm ... when's Twist's assination scheduled again?

*leans back and mumbles*quit while your ahead man.

figured I would be shot long before him...... considering every military engagement AK has been in has been lead by me (minus a few ofc)........ also the fact that im not trying to make new friends I got good friends and its better to have 5 good ones then 500 others.......

personally I don't understand why people can't see the ideals behind the UCN..... all you guys and gals see is the the flaws and not the merits........ so few people have said something positive on this subject that I think you are all emotionally disturbed.

(((btw there is alot more I would like to say about RP/PvP but its such a sore topic I think im just going to stop RPing cause atleast in PvP the flames are in good fun. So I guess im done once again with the RP. Maybe I will bring myself back but, I doubt it. So GL with all this buricatic BS and retarded OOC flaming you should all take a step back and think some about why 75% of the players in this game dislike you and your choice of playstyle.)))

personally I don't understand why people can't see the ideals behind the UCN..... all you guys and gals see is the the flaws and not the merits........ so few people have said something positive on this subject that I think you are all emotionally disturbed.

erhmm...maybe it was a bad idea?

(( So GL with all this buricatic BS and retarded OOC flaming you should all take a step back and think some about why 75% of the players in this game dislike you and your choice of playstyle.)))

(( Have. Their reason for Hateing RPers are about as lame as other RPers getting their panties in a bunch be cause their toon has *gasp* enemies in character.

Again it's all assumption. RPers expect the constant " LOL I CAN PWN YOU NOOB" at every coner. PVPers expect " thou shall't be smitten with mine long rod! (( wanna cybor?)) " from RPers. Trying to make the two work... well good luck. In the four years of MMOs (seven if you want to count Diablo and Diablo2) I've seen the combination work once. once for about 2 monthes. people normaly just give up on combineing the two after a short period. ))

Actually I will even welcome words from those who do not think it is a good idea, so long as they say WHY the think it is a bad idea, or mention why thy dont like it, or if they are honust enough to say that they dont understand some part and would like some more information on one part.

(PR-PvP CAN work you just have to be willing to put some effort into it, that being the case Im going over some of the info that I still have from successful rp-pvp groups I have been in on other MMO and writing an guide for it much like I did for PR in the new arivals and atlantean life sections)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast