Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I would encourage those of you to not buy the Booster Pack

And most of them will be back hehe! Trust me!

And about the booster pack.
    Well I'd rather pay a few bucks ang get the stuff in it than not at all.
    And on costs etc? Read my sig....
    "AO is like the ugly duckling, slowly turning into a swan as time goes by."
    Lance Orbin aka Gridfan of GridStream Productions

Dont be sarcastic over the subject. =) Hes not saying he dont wanna buy it cause he think its bad or not, but its for what funcom should put first....

Still tho im still gona buy it.
    RK1 - Hajk - Solitus - Lvl 217/DR 16 - Nanotech - Apocalypse
    ---
    Explorer 60% / Socializer 53% / Killer 46% / Achiever 40%

Hell Id buy it today if it was offered. This game needs two things in my n00b opinion, better pvp and better trades. They are on their way baby!!

Fear is the Mind Killer.
    You wasted life, why wouldn't you waste death?

Hate to disagree with you but..

The game does not need better PvP at the moment.

It needs better stability and performance, more storyline and interaction by Funcom staff not players, better profession balance (the rest of the profession balancing patches), and all current game content, quests, areas, fixed of all bugs.

It does not need a let's build some towers anywhere we want and play out a "tribes2" capture the flag scenario and in the process let's charge the players for it.

Funcom is trying to cater what is popular to most of the high level guilds right now rather than cater to what NEEDS to be addressed to the entire gaming populace.

Originally posted by Lance "Gridfan" Orbin
    Doubtful.

Question ehh?

Originally posted by RuthieChan

Zerpenter: Pet pathing has improved. The /pet behind command now pretty much yanks them too you. Which is helpful when your pet's stuck in the middle of a table or something.
    Hmm I thought the words: "better pet pathing" meant that the pet wouldn't get stuck in the middle of the table in the first place?
    (wich means you don't have to use another command to make them follow you again )

Just my 0.02 $

Originally posted by Lance "Gridfan" Orbin

And about the booster pack.
    Well I'd rather pay a few bucks ang get the stuff in it than not at all.
    And on costs etc? Read my sig....
    So I see Funcom has pulled the wool over your eyes, too. Just look at your avatar :-p

(Seriously, though. I'm just having fun, don't take it personally. Just thought that was a funny conincidence.)
    Aubrey "Biranccu" McChristion - Clan Martial Artist.

Talking Re: DO NOT EAT AT McDONALD'S!!!

Originally posted by Drusillus
    I encourage you all to not eat at McDonald's. They are charging us money for extra cheese, supersize fries, and soda refills when these things should have been included in the combo in the first place!!! They are forcing us to pay for these things if we are to have the best fast-food experience!!

Not to mention the fact that after YEARS they have still not fixed the following bugs:

- wilty lettuce
    - stale buns
    - too much ice in the soda
    - napkins are too thin
    - Happy Meal toys break too easily
    - no chocolate ice cream
    - luke warm cheeseburgers
    - dry tasteless hamburger patties
    - fries are too salty
    - they nerfed the McDLT... bring back the McDLT!!!

These are all braindead easy fixes to make and still McDonald's does not fix them. THEY SUCK. McDonald's makes billions of dollars and still they ask for more for things that should be free.

McDonald's promised us HAPPY meals, and I am NOT happy. DON'T BUY McDONALD'S!!!

LOL !!!!

Genious

-Soulfree-

Originally posted by LNS0388

So I see Funcom has pulled the wool over your eyes, too. Just look at your avatar :-p

(Seriously, though. I'm just having fun, don't take it personally. Just thought that was a funny conincidence.)
    lol. none taken!

Well. FC sure was original when it came to faces. I still go wideeyed on some of the stuff.
    "AO is like the ugly duckling, slowly turning into a swan as time goes by."
    Lance Orbin aka Gridfan of GridStream Productions

Thumbs up This is bussiness after all

Hi,

I think some of you who just say don't buy it for that or that didn't get one point:

Maybe it's a game for us ( and a really good one by the way), but for Funcom, it's bussiness.
    I think, even with the game having some bug, they do an incredible work getting this game running, this kind of game is so vast and different that you can't be bug free.
    (thinking of an old game which was great too, but bugged as ever: Daggerfall :-) )

The idea of the booster is to give us some more possibilities in role play, but develloping stuff for a game like that, it means work. and a lot of it.
    In any bussiness the main goal is getting money, so why saying to them they aren't fair when they try to do that!!!

I think, i will buy the booster pack because it's fair to funcom to earn money for their work and because I want the game to develop a lot more, without money gettin' raise by funcom, they might one time or another close the game, and it would be just silly.......

If you don't want to buy, then so be it, you're free to do wathever you want, They are not forcing you to buy it to continue play just the way you are...

Have fun!

Originally posted by Noer
    If you don't want to buy the boosterpack, so be it. Its not required. But starting posts all over the board trying to prevent others to buy is in my opinion pretty silly.

If McDonalds introduce a new burger I don't like I don't run around and scream "DON'T BUY!!!!". I simply just don't buy it, because its my choice. Respect people here also have choices.
    Noer = the voice of reason on this issue!

Originally posted by Yorkforce
    But it will prolly start having bigger problems around oo say Xmas time?

I think everyone knows that the majority of the current customers of most MMORPGs out there now, will leave for another big awaited game thats going to be released this Xmas.
    Hehe, just like everyone was going to Leave UO for EQ? Like everyone was going to leave AO and it shut down, when DAOC was released?

hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

Frankly

I don't see why anyone would leave AO for a medieval based game. AO is a sci-fi flavor and many people like it because there really isn't anything like it in the market.

Personally, I'm hoping that they provide this type of booster pack for download only or at "shipping/handling" cost like WWII did. It's not the type of booster the game needs IMHO, and if they would concentrate on fixing the bugs and profession balancing for the next few months until the "expansion" came out the game would be in top shape by then.

Yeah I know that some of you like PvP and also like this idea of Land Owning, Tower Building, etc, but there are many who do not care for it and a lot of people that would just love to see the game "fixed".

Don't believe me? Go visit the technical areas sometime. I bet a lot of you never do that do you.

I dont see why people would leave either Drabin, but that is what people where saying around here just before DAOC came out (You could go check but I think evil funcom wiped the forums since then hehe). Personally I think FC are doing a great job with this game, and I will continue to support them as long as I keep enjoying it, including buying the booster pack, Since they are continueing to release patches in the mean time (have you seen the patch notes for 14.5 )

hugs

lilnymph
    Originally posted by Cz

Style over Substance

Well I'm going to hang with the game a lil longer

Personally, I'll keep with the game long enough for the expansion to come out. I really want to see what it is like. I personally won't purchase the booster pack but for many reasons, not because I'd like to break Funcom's bank.

A few friends of mine came over from EQ to play and now that they are here I'll stick it out a bit and probably play a new character for awhile.

I hope they understand that the game performance, bugs, profession balance patches are worth more to players than this booster pack though. Right now, I just don't agree with how their marketing approach is going.

Re: ehh?

Originally posted by RazorHack

Hmm I thought the words: "better pet pathing" meant that the pet wouldn't get stuck in the middle of the table in the first place?
    (wich means you don't have to use another command to make them follow you again )

Just my 0.02 $
    Okay, so maybe I spoke a little too soon on that one.
    But I do have a bit of an easier time getting my pet behind me, which helps a lot.

Lequack, I've just started playing an MP, and I haven't done much teaming, so I'll probably start coming across those problems.
    "Ph43r me! For I am...Darth Sp00n." --my bot belonging to my main character Ruleth.
    Ruleth: Omni-tek aligned 'crat.
    Releuth: Clan aligned MP. (Ruleth's twin sister.)
    RuthieChan: Omni-tek aligned MA.
    Leetaschan: Omni-tek aligned Adventerer.
    And last but not least; Depravedgirl: The neutral aligned Atrox Enforcer who thinks she's a girl, and speaks in falsetto only.

Originally posted by lilnymph

Hehe, just like everyone was going to Leave UO for EQ? Like everyone was going to leave AO and it shut down, when DAOC was released?

hugs

lilnymph
    I Didnt say *everyone* I said Majority.

PS. DAoC Doesnt compare to SWG in this situation eg Sci-Fi MMORPG's eg. Not new to MMORPG Mythic.

Just seems to me that your defending AO relentlessly lilnymph reguardless if its right or wrong,kinda makes anything ya say in reguards to AO questionable.

I dont think AO will die, it has its hardcore players , but SWG is what MMORPG players have been screaming for , for years.

It was like UO Superb game shame about the graphics

EQ Love the 3D World , shame about the level treadmill

DAoC Its pretty but its contentless and shame about the lvl treadmill

AC Not as pretty as some and had bug problems but content was erm constant, shame about the lvl treadmill

AO Ok its nice to look at, has some kind of hybrinth level/skills system, shame about the bugs content

SWG Has best graphics yet, ooer only like 6 fugging films on its theme , made by UO and EQ devs (niiice) gonna be the biggest virtual world to date? wait up .. skills based system too? man .. space expansion planned? omg you can build citys? 700+ skills?
    9 (thats right folks) 9 planets to run about on all the size of orginal EQ,
    Do I really need to go on?

Am I a SWG Fanboy? dont know yet ill wait till im playing it.

Am I a AO Fanboy? after playing it i can definatly say .. No i am not.

SWG is the largest MMORPG project ever attempted , its backed by huge finances , expert designers , and something that can only be done due to history of MMORPG and that is that its based on MMORPG customer feedback.

In other words , they have listened to what we have asked for and made the game based on these shout and frustrated muffled screams over the terms of UO and EQ.

Funcom im my eyes are a young UO dev team still learning the ropes , problem is, they wont recognise the mistakes the old MMORPG designers made and just blindly keep tripping themselves up, luckily the MMORPG market is still in its infancy and its also in huge demand which is the only thing keeping Funcom in business.

(btw .. why would they drop all thier other projects and focus on AO? it doesnt make any sence to me , why try and compete against Sony Verant and Lucas Arts? they are at a huge disadvantage).
    Last edited by Yorkforce; Aug 20th, 2002 at 18:58:39.

I'm only defending AO by default. I'm mostly attacking people making stupid or imature claims (FC is Robbing me, AO is going to die because of SWG, things like that). There is alot wrong with this game, but for me, I am having fun, therefore there is more right with it. However I HATE lies and untruthes being thrown about forums to make points, and I hate people who are working hard at something, being knocked all the time because they cant live up to the expectations of 100000 people, most of which seem to have the maturity of the average 10 year old. If you think that makes my views questionable, so be it. You obviously missed my posts abit back asking funcom to actually get their arse in gear and fix the fixers, (I didnt yell, swear, use leet speak or caps, so my post are easily missed ). That was hardly defending anything AO. I just happen to feel that the people slamming FC over this, or claiming that AO is dead just because that SWG (a game that has already broken its promises about what will be in it (space was PROMISED in one of the orginal FAQ's, no why isnt everyone screaming about the fact you will now have to buy an expansion pack to get it? )

hugs

lilnymph
    Originally posted by Cz

Style over Substance

Oh I see.

sorry in that case , I see alot of folk defending Funcom for this too , and to be honest , im still a little bemused as to why players are prepared to pay for this booster patch.

Im not mad because it may or may not have been promised at launch , im not mad that it only applies to PvP.

Im mad because im aware that Funcom have taken a slice from thier expansion , and *added* a price to it, while not reducing the cost of the expansion.

Of course the price hasnt been set yet , but it really doesnt take a genious to realise that Funcom will charge what the going rate is for an expansion pack when shadowlands is released.

Thier press statement came across to as something they were very excited about .. creating this new trend of booster packs within the MMORPG market is not what anyone asked for, and it makes subscriptions prices mean one thing .. to pay for them to fix thier bugs which , makes the original product cost thousends of percent more than a working game.

This is what im mad at , to make a market like online gaming a capitalist exploit .. ok alot of players say well what other reason they gonna be making games for .. heres your answer .. To make a game thats deemed excellent .. to make a valued product .. to DO THIER JOB .. if its good they get paid.

Capitalists objectives are different , they bleed the market dry , they create bad names and bad games , they are not interested in making games , they are interested in making money and thats where it starts to go fubar.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast