Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: FJRK: Lady Xaun Miyamoto targeted by unknown assassins

FJRK: Lady Xaun Miyamoto targeted by unknown assassins

Lady Xaun Miyamoto targeted by unknown assassins
    July 03, 29480 - [Atlantean]

FJRK - Yesterday afternoon, an unidentified assailant succeeded in an attack against Lady Xaun Miyamoto of the Aethyr Knights. At present, little is known of her status.

Solid information on what happened is scarce. All that is known is that at approximately 1830 RST on July 2, Xaun was shot by a sniper in Camelot. Information gathered from witnesses states that the assassin appeared to be affiliated with Omni-Tek, but did not appear to belong to any formal Omni-Tek military group or detachment.

Her current condition is not known. There is no clear answer as to whether or not she is alive. Omni-Tek has declined to officially comment on the situation, though representatives we spoke with expressed apparently genuine shock over the assassination. As more information becomes available, the FJRK will continue its coverage of this incident.
    Last edited by Editor: FJRK; Jul 3rd, 2006 at 21:56:49.

It happened in Avalon, just out side Camelot castle in the courtyard no more than 5 meters from the grid terminal.

The solitus agent came out of steath and fired of 3-4 rapid shots using an alien tech rifle before Xaun could close to melee range.

A quick scan showed him to have OT ID signatures and the name that came up on the inquary was Cordah. Additonal information on this person has not been found.

Multipule attempts to contact Xaun were made, all failed and came back with out of service messages nor has anyone seen her or been contacted by her to my knowledge.

ICC reported to Xaun's on planet next of kin, Sylvanna, that a surge in the Notum levels was recorded in the area and that ICC belives that this surge has disrupted her insurance pattern to an unrecoverable state.

However many of us have not given up on the hope that she is alive and being held by Omni-Tek, possably in the care of Bahirae Serugiusu or Omni-Reform.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Gurney "Twistshot" Halleck

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

I was in the grid when it happened and someone shouted this out in there. Apparently some other of the Knights chased the suspect into the grid where they lost the assassin.

Oh no!
    I do hope Xaun is okay.
    Joe "Sefus" Werkit 212/17
    Squad Commander - PR - Recruitment
    3305 Local

What I do not understand is who these other witnesses are given the fact that as far as I could see I was the only one there aside from Xaun and the shooter...
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sefus
    Oh no!
    I do hope Xaun is okay.
    Any way you look at it Sefus, she is not ok

Quote Originally Posted by Twistshot
    What I do not understand is who these other witnesses are given the fact that as far as I could see I was the only one there aside from Xaun and the shooter...
    Possibly people who saw the assailant escaping into the grid, as well as seeing him/her/it inside.
    Last edited by Perron; Jul 4th, 2006 at 19:34:28.

Quote Originally Posted by Perron
    Possibly people who saw the assailant escaping into the grid, as well as seeing him/her inside.
    Again I was the only one around that I could see, this happened right at the grid term. I followed him into the grid and lost him instantly

Well that sure sucks
    "If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please', I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'."

SirNegs - Neutral Keeper
    Negs - Neutral MP
    Lode - Neutral Doctor

Wierd...this must of been right after the 2nd part of the trial ((Gorgefodder3 trial)). Hmm. She seemed fine in that, if a little distracted. We left though once a deal was struck. Not sure about any sign of a sniper, unless you count that odd one who was with Ms Miyamoto in the first part of the trial...that one was definatly shifty.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

This happened on a sunday, the day after the second part of the trial.

As for that shifty agent you mentioned, she was brought in when the defendant grided out and attempted to run. She intercepted his grid data and re-routed him to a holding cell if memory serves.

Still now word on Xaun, good or ill, and in this case, no news is bad news.

After a meeting with Sir Tristram earlier today I have to shift my status of Lady Xaun Miyamoto from missing to presumed dead or captured

Xauns pattern was saved in a Shadowlands Redeemed Garden, something that is impossable to hack given what we know about them. Given that and the disruption noted in the area by ICC it is highly likely that a perma kill weapon was used on her.

Also given the nature of some of the omni-Tek personel after her it is likely that they could have pulled a reet out of their hats and have diverted her garden pattern.

Unless a mirical happens, she may be lost to us for all time.
    Last edited by Twistshot; Jul 5th, 2006 at 08:12:03. Reason: adding and fixing information on this

Then I for one do hope for a miracle.
    They are rare but we'd not have a word for them if they didn't happen.

It is a bad thing, this, and it's not something we need in the current situation.
    Me? Trouble? No trouble..

As Mae West said: "Never resist temptation, you don't know if you'll get another chance."

Taking a page from some of our favourite Clan propagandists, I hereby state that Xaun's assasin was a Clanner, probably either from the Sentinels, The Black Company or the Assembly.

I don't need any evidence to back my claim becasue nobody on Rubi-Ka ever needed evidence to back their claims. A bit of conjecture and juicey conspiracy theory is all that is traditionally required. As it were Xaun was a vocal critic of the Sentinels, her attempts to brker peace between Clans and Neutrals as well as reform the CoT clearly ruffled a few feathers, so Silverstone and his pals had her eliminated and frame OT for the crime.

That was easy, wasn't it?

Savoy
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Savoy as you may have missed the initial report stated that he appeared to be OT, and his equipment was deffinitly of OT make, the clans have nothing that advanced currently and the ID sig I got back was of general OT type however this only gives us one place to begin searching if it were actually possable to do so.

OT invoices and shipping records. The armor was brand new, didnt even have a scratch on it yet so it is possable it was recently made and either sold or lost in shipment, either would give us a place to look for.

As to the hand guiding this....

Nothing is being ruled out, not even Simon Silverstone.

Quote Originally Posted by Savoy
    I don't need any evidence to back my claim becasue nobody on Rubi-Ka ever needed evidence to back their claims. A bit of conjecture and juicey conspiracy theory is all that is traditionally required.
    Hehe, it might possibly be news to you, Savoy, but not everyone on Rubi-Ka is interested in having peace break out.
    Some people don't even want all of us to pull together against the aliens, even if not doing so jeopardises all our lives.
    Some people have too much to loose and will do whatever it takes to keep the war going.

Some of them are now in power due to the war and will loose that power in peacetime. Some are criminals, who find wartime a lot easier to operate in. Some are disturbed people, who have just seen too horrible things to ever lay down arms.
    These people do not all belong to one faction only. They are found among clanners, neuts and ommers alike.

I have on many occasions tried to report such people to the proper authorities, yet not once has any action been taken. I know this because they are still out there, running their gangs, killing innocents, causing havoc and dissent.
    I have compiled irrefutable evidence, I have provided comm logs and hard, physical evidence, yet nothing..
    One thing is certain, when I got the transfer here that is not what my superiours had in mind. They are quite interested, though, judging from the replies I've gotten when I sent them the news. Ah well, what will be, will be.

Like I said, I do hope for that miracle. In the mean time I'll do what I can to find out if any of my contacts have any relevant information.
    Me? Trouble? No trouble..

As Mae West said: "Never resist temptation, you don't know if you'll get another chance."

(( <3 Savoy ))

Twistshot, I told you why this happened (within possibility). Though given your boss' extremely shady dealings against the clans, I wouldn't rule us out either. You've made more enemies than friends and even though you'll never see it, we are on the same side.

Quote Originally Posted by Astera
    Beyond that, looking around with nothing to go on is ridiculous. It was either very clean and revenge or something personal. I do not like the fact that you find yourself important enough for not ruling out commander Silverstone or "anyone else" for that matter...being that you specifically named him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Astera
    Twistshot, I told you why this happened (within possibility). Though given your boss' extremely shady dealings against the clans, I wouldn't rule us out either. You've made more enemies than friends and even though you'll never see it, we are on the same side.
    First of, never get into law enforcemtent, there is always something to go on, you just have to find it.

Second, revenge is personal so please do not try to classify them as two different things.

Third, when a crime is being investigated, such as murder, the people investigating will always start with everyone. Who knew the person, who had issues with the victim, who would gain from their death.

Fourth, we do have some things to go on actually and are investigating them.

Fifth, I know your stance on the Unified Clan Nation and it is rather unfair of you to call it shady or to say she is working against the clans because she was unsatisfied with the fact that the CoT gets little done and from where I am sitting just jumps out infront of what ever public supported event that has happened and try to come across as it was their idea. Where were you when Xaun and others orginized and ran the first clan freedom march in years where was the CoT in that?

I WILL be pushing Xaun U.C.N. proposal because I am of the personal opinion that it will be to the betterment of all the clans and not just the ones who want to suck up to a few Legacy leaders and act self important.

And what galls me most of all, the thing that really sets me aflame is this.

A MEMBER OF THE CoT WAS KILLED AND YOU SEEM TO BE SAYING "OH ITS HER FAULT" AND NOT GIVE A DEAD ROLLER RATS GUTS IN THE WAY OF CARE ABOUT THAT!

I know for a FACT that she would push for an investigation into anything that brought harm to any member of the CoT reguardless of her personal feelings towards them.

Quote Originally Posted by Savoy
    Taking a page from some of our favourite Clan propagandists, I hereby state that Xaun's assasin was a Clanner, probably either from the Sentinels, The Black Company or the Assembly.
    A sniper in the dark? I'm surprised an Omni could think of the Sentinels as being so subtle.

Quote Originally Posted by Monczeli
    A sniper in the dark? I'm surprised an Omni could think of the Sentinels as being so subtle.
    Actually it was rather bright out and the range was less than 10 meters

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast