Thread: Capture of Dr. Certes

Capture of Dr. Certes

I was at the Tir grid yesterday when Gelsa came to announce the capture of Dr. Certes (sp?) yesterday.

As I sat down and watched Gelsa prepare, a few things came to mind.
    1. Why were her guards Omni? Then after much ruckus, finally decided to be clan.
    2. Why did she have guards in a 100% zone.
    3. Why did she decide to have a clan gathering, right at the grid entrance. I must admit though, people gridding into Tir right in front of her was not only distracting but annoying. Especially the engineers with noisy bots.
    4. Who is Dr. Certes and why should I care that he's been captured?
    5. And last but not least. How does someone get captured anyway?

I sat and listened for a while, sending tells to Lorekeep and fellow guildmates who were also trying to understand the situation. The only thing I learned was that he was captured by (presumably) Omni and Clansmen working together.

About 45 minutes into it, I got really tired of Gelsa's slow speech/explanation and the lack of any viable questions about the situation being answered. A guildmate stayed in my absence and filled me after it had ended about 20 minutes later. Her summary was this:

"We lost this doctor guy, found him again. Don't know why he's captured, but we'll fill you in later. Thanks for your patience."

I sighed as I read the message from my guildmate and wondered how a simple announcement took a whole hour to tell and continued my desperate search for yet another elusive polymorphing nanocluster.

There were some accusations about Lorekeep being a part of the party that helped capture Dr. Certes, but like most of the asolescent shouting that was going on, I took it with a grain of salt.

If anyone could be so kind to enlighten me as to who this Doctor is and why is he that important, please reply. I spend most of my time outdoors hunting and exploring so I don't get to hear a lot about clan celebrities.

Dr. Certes was the clan affiliated "mad scientist" responsible for the giant mutants attacking Tir, Athen and 4 Holes earlier this fall. (Spiders, rollerrats, baraton, anuns, etc).

After some investigation the Council found Dr. Certes was the brains behind these mutants, and imprisoned him. He escaped once, but was captured again.

Since he's now captured, I guess he must have escaped once more (missed that one).

The reason you might not have heard about him, is because these events took place before halloween [story kick off], in August/September I think.
    [these giant monster attacks were used as a test on how events/big battles performed in game]

[..also, the reports of these events are at least 2 board wipes old ]

Ahh yes. I remember those events. I was there for one of them. I was returning from a mission and I came over the crest of a hill on the South part of Tir in time to get a glimpse of something big. *Slash slash* and I was sitting at reclaim. Got my token though.

I never read or heard anything about the person(s) responsible though. Thanks for clearing that up.

Rescue would be better

there were no omnis involved with his 'capture'. We found Dr. Certes in the hands of Omni, and rescued him.... Sadly right after that my power went out for a few hours so I missed the end, but I understand from when I got back on, that he had been traded to omni for something and that we had actually 'kidnapped' him. As they say, politics makes for strange bedfellows...

Exclamation

I was involved. Check the news. I did my best to sum up previous and recent actions.

Post was this an event?

does anything ever happen on rk2? if not they should start soon, hunting medusas is getting boring

Originally posted by Lorekeep
    I was involved. Check the news. I did my best to sum up previous and recent actions.
    Umm, which news?

If the Voice of Freedom posts my letter, it will be there. For now, you can read it at aovault.ign.com.

*ooc*Nicely written Lorekeep. If you don't mind, could you send that to Nailz@stratics.com also? We'll get it posted up on our frontpage to help you get an answer faster.*/ooc*

The Fist of Chronos supports you in your decision. If you need help with anything feel free to contact me.

Corvain,

Interim-President
    Fist of Chronos

Re: Capture of Dr. Certes

Originally posted by Sohjiro
    I was at the Tir grid yesterday when Gelsa came to announce the capture of Dr. Certes (sp?) yesterday.

As I sat down and watched Gelsa prepare, a few things came to mind.
    1. Why were her guards Omni? Then after much ruckus, finally decided to be clan.
    2. Why did she have guards in a 100% zone.
    3. Why did she decide to have a clan gathering, right at the grid entrance. I must admit though, people gridding into Tir right in front of her was not only distracting but annoying. Especially the engineers with noisy bots.
    4. Who is Dr. Certes and why should I care that he's been captured?
    5. And last but not least. How does someone get captured anyway?

I sat and listened for a while, sending tells to Lorekeep and fellow guildmates who were also trying to understand the situation. The only thing I learned was that he was captured by (presumably) Omni and Clansmen working together.

About 45 minutes into it, I got really tired of Gelsa's slow speech/explanation and the lack of any viable questions about the situation being answered. A guildmate stayed in my absence and filled me after it had ended about 20 minutes later. Her summary was this:

"We lost this doctor guy, found him again. Don't know why he's captured, but we'll fill you in later. Thanks for your patience."

I sighed as I read the message from my guildmate and wondered how a simple announcement took a whole hour to tell and continued my desperate search for yet another elusive polymorphing nanocluster.

There were some accusations about Lorekeep being a part of the party that helped capture Dr. Certes, but like most of the asolescent shouting that was going on, I took it with a grain of salt.

If anyone could be so kind to enlighten me as to who this Doctor is and why is he that important, please reply. I spend most of my time outdoors hunting and exploring so I don't get to hear a lot about clan celebrities.
    The Order of Chaos performed an operation to extract the doctor and his information.

Thanks goes out to the other guilds who assisted us.

Originally posted by Dudicas
    *ooc*Nicely written Lorekeep. If you don't mind, could you send that to Nailz@stratics.com also? We'll get it posted up on our frontpage to help you get an answer faster.*/ooc*

The Fist of Chronos supports you in your decision. If you need help with anything feel free to contact me.

Corvain,

Interim-President
    Fist of Chronos
    Tried, but Stratics has been giving some insane server problems lately and I can never seem to connect to your network.

we got it fixed..... I think.....

I think it's been fixed, but then again it was supposed to be fixed right after the hardware got moved to Jersey. I'll see if I can find out if anything is wrong with the mail servers now.

If you don't mind me just reposting it I can do that for you.

E-mailed a copy to you. Do whatever you want.

Lightbulb A bucketload of open ended questions

So the clone of Radiman was developed by Certes I gather.... or is Certes perfecting the clone as they mentioned that the implants were unstable from what I remeber of the episode. And if it was Certes in devloping the clone with the dusters.. when was this taking place?

I thought that Certes was being held by Lorekeep and Canary..... <bear with me im trying to put things together =) >

If we have to worry about Clones in our midst a whole new type of war will certainly emerge... Perhaps it will make the amnesty stronger as clans and omni pull together to fight a threat to our way of life here on Rubi-Ka.

Who knows...

I for one would love to know more about these Dusters and their allegiences.... If Portman is involved, what does she have to gain...? I understand her hatred of Omni-Tek as well as her disgust of the CoT ... but we are talking about innocent people caught in the middle... And she is no barbarian from what i have seen...

Heh... anyone know who the girl speaking with the radiman clone is.. ? ...

and my last thought.... it seems as though the cyborgs have a gentle side.... perhaps they do not wish to fight... or at least wish to destroy everything.... i believe there is some other entity controlling their actions or implementing thought patterns... maybe dusters??? I dont want to jump to conclusions with out backing but it is a possibility....

Hope this sparked further developments.....

Director Sobione
    Vision of Disorder

Certes has nothing to do with the clones.

Whine ahead

I am SO bummed that my power went out in the middle of the event. Err... maybe better 'all my comms were cut', sorry... Also unless its a 'clone pill' Dr. Certes, as Lorekeep said had nothing to do with the clones.

Re: A bucketload of open ended questions

and my last thought.... it seems as though the cyborgs have a gentle side.... perhaps they do not wish to fight... or at least wish to destroy everything.... i believe there is some other entity controlling their actions or implementing thought patterns... maybe dusters??? I dont want to jump to conclusions with out backing but it is a possibility....
    uhm... there is one more possibility, that makes a lot of sense if you listen to what the cyborg says when he attacks the barkeep.....

The Eleena in the bar is a borg/clone.

further clues:
    - she's got erratic emotions (dialogue between evil scientists)
    - the "asassination" of an escaping Eleena in episode 3, yet Eleena in ep. 4 is the same as the one that leaves tir in Corky earlier.- she speaks with her car (never heard of that "cyberlink" before ingame)

then again... maybe I've seen bladerunner too many times (droid so good it doesn't know it's a droid)

Dr. Certes

Well Windie, I still desperately need to talk to Dr. Certes (you know why), sigh...I will not rest until I do. Hugs to you.
    "Ignorance is the greatest evil we will ever face" . -Dr. James Cone, ca 1990 CE

Available for Weddings, Mediations, Treaties, Celebrations, and Hugs...
    Neutrals come join #neutrality on irc.funcom.com! Everyone welcome.
    Counseling available by appointment-Priestess Cathryn Ardman
    Cat's Closet

Favourite Chat Colours: 250 200 250, try it!
    I am an adventurer, of COURSE I like going camping! :P