Thread: Time to open up a can o' worms: Ultra high level dynacamps = uber guild camps?

Time to open up a can o' worms: Ultra high level dynacamps = uber guild camps?

I hate to shed a negative light on the patch. I personally don't really care. As long as there are good outdoor hunting spots for level 135-200, I'll be happy. I'm just noticing a ton of people in full dragon armor, and they belong to one of 3 orgs. What that tells me is that the same people are farming the only ultra high level encounter in the game.

I just wonder if people are going to play nice and if there are going to be enough of these high level encounters to keep people spread out. I also wonder if they are going to be all containing good loot tables or if in typical fashion, is one going to be drastically better.

I personally don't need anything off Tarasque, but I feel for those who do. It's a shame, because the playerbase in AO is a lot different than EQ when I quit a few years ago. 95% of the playerbase is more mature, and can share spawns, and cooperate. I did the whole Alvin quest in under 24 hours, all 3 parts, with no guild help, just cooperation. It's great what can be done when the small percentage isn't monopolizing.

So, the can is open, let the discussion and flames begin.
    Borxet

Re: Time to open up a can o' worms: Ultra high level dynacamps = uber guild camps?

1 question.
    when did u do the Bots quest?

i did mine when it just got started.
    all i saw was the elite guilds camping all over the place.

some were nice,they let me join the team n let me loot the chip after they took whatever they wanted(np for me)

the worst i encountered was when i was in GJ.
    3 150 lvl guys from a "weather related" guild came over n camped.
    every time they got GJ,1 of them will say we 1:u 0
    the score was 3:0.the lamest part was "we r here to help u guys kill GJ n get the chip."
    tt's y i pushed TH to his current lvl in 20++ days.i was 60-70 lvl.

what am i trying to say?
    the sec the location n the type of loot r made known,i expect to c lamers again.

/me packs my camping gear

PS:/me is even more surpised i still got the lamer who said "3:0"

trasq can be 1 or 2 spawns every 18 hours. These camps should range 20-40 means that yes there will be whole guilds camping one or 2 camps. laws of averages say that if they give us 40 of the uper end camps all identical there should be room for everyone during a 24 hour period to hit these.

This is if Like Coz says it will take 2 or more teams to fight these mobs.

Good point though. Hey Fc make sure you gear a high number of these camps for High level players.
    Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

Pardon me for hijacking the thread, here..

But, Brion - if you don't want your mother to know you were up and on the computer at 3:29 in the morning - DON'T post on a forum that she reads.

Busted.
    Grounded.

From the WoW forums. best PWNAGE EVAH!!!

Syc77, I did it about a month ago I think it was. It was long after all the craziness. I only came back to AO about 2-3 months ago, so I helped a few people out with the quest, then did it when things settled down.

Yeah, I normally don't like to cause problems, I am real easy going, as anyone who has grouped with me can tell.

It is no surprise I really dislike Storm, and Trinity. I have not been hit by either of them though, but they've tried. I've helped kill steal stuff back to the people who had the camps first, at TK, TIM, and a few others. Trinity is just elitist, at least the few I have grouped with. Some really arrogant soldiers who assume that a non-big guild player must be a gimp. Sad mindset to have.

The third I guess I shouldn't really pass judgment on, since I don't know any of them really, I just know what I have heard, and that nobody in their guild will reply to a tell. Not very friendly folks in The Council that I have encountered.
    Borxet

i like that they add 130-140 camps.. as long as you have camping.. Alot of camps will give variety
    RK1 - Hajk - Solitus - Lvl 217/DR 16 - Nanotech - Apocalypse
    ---
    Explorer 60% / Socializer 53% / Killer 46% / Achiever 40%

There never will be enough camping spots. If you think you've added enough go back and add another 20 or 30 and once you figure out the most popular spots figure out why they are popular and with which group of players and duplicate that site, making a few changes perhaps to make it seem not like a xerox copy.

Fear is the Mind Killer.
    You wasted life, why wouldn't you waste death?

Umm I hate to say it...but such things allready exhist...

Tarrasque?? Was/is that not essentially a Unltra High uber camp?

If they do do that..at least it will be spread around..ad ...just maybe...I can have a chance to even see the Tarry if some of the guilds who camp it (no mater what the very thought of peopel actually orginizing a set or rules..and a seperate Chat channel just to kill off Tarry is silly) More camps=more fun for everyone and relicves the boredom. Maybe a few of these boss's will actually be really nasty

No flame here..I thinks its god for the Uber Twinks to have somethign to do other than ***** and squabble about 1 mob.

Well....

A lvl300 boss should be mean enough for only uber guilds to wack.... as it should be
    Non Uber guilds perhaps has to stop at 250 well.... I wont cry about that...

But, with ALOT more camps and quests, the possibility that a spec camp, is camped by a uber guild is much much lessend then it's now.
    So I wouldn't worry to much about it.

Regarding the nr of quests.... well...

nr of classes = 12
    5 per class => 60 (a pure guess here.... could be 1 or 10-20)

So the number of quests should be at least 60, and upto 200+ isn't impossible...
    With that number of quests avail, then should the presure lighten regarding camping.

But the final verdict will have to wait until we have tried that patch a couple of weeks.

PS. but it's a good question though

Re: Time to open up a can o' worms: Ultra high level dynacamps = uber guild camps?

Originally posted by Yugi

I personally don't need anything off Tarasque, but I feel for those who do. It's a shame, because the playerbase in AO is a lot different than EQ when I quit a few years ago. 95% of the playerbase is more mature, and can share spawns, and cooperate. I did the whole Alvin quest in under 24 hours, all 3 parts, with no guild help, just cooperation. It's great what can be done when the small percentage isn't monopolizing.
    Tarasque is not monopolized by anyone. But side that wins in pvp buttle for tarasque gets loot. Well omni tried to control loot of tara between 3 guild that why when clanners start coming back in large numbers they lost. On clan side you dont have to be member of uber guild to get tara lot all you need is just come down there and be lvl 125+
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

sounds to me like they solved that problem by having 160 of them.

"Ultra high level dynacamps = uber guild camps"

Yes. They do.

And if Funcom does it right (nothing absolutely game-changing for loot, just unique looking good stuff) it will provide something to work towards without unbalancing the game.

Bring on 14.5!
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

Tarasque is not a high level camp. Let's just clear that up. It will never be a "camp" for any reason other than it's a SPAWN camp. Why?

1) It is used by over 100 people at once in some occasions

2) It is virtually impossible to level off Tarasque.

3) He drops some of the best loot in the game.

4) Thousands of people have died for the right to fight him.

These camps will be NOTHING like Tarasque, so stop comparing them to him and Camelot in general. Please.

There are going to be 140 freakin' camps, and most of them for high levels probably (the lowbies already have a good number of camps). Say 100 of them for 100+, and 20 of those 100 for 190+. It'd be pretty hard for a guild to camp all of those. Camp one? Yes, that's more than likely. I'll even support that, as a guild with an established camp will begin to foreshadow the land-owning capabilities to come. I support everything FC has done (edit: in this patch ), save the reflect nerfs. I think instead of 7% it should've been maybe 15%, but who cares what I say.
    Last edited by Intenseheat; Aug 18th, 2002 at 01:06:45.
    Intenseheat: Omni MA, ph33r teh ub3r l337
    Preeminence: Omni crat - hopelessly gimped - lost 180K IP trying to reset skills - ph33r teh ub3r t33th
    Omniwins: Omni soldier, always winning

I'm just an ass that happens to be smart.