Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Introducing The Jujumail mail delivery deamon

(( I am happy to report that I am back home after 16 days at the hospital, and will be for a long, LOONNGGG while, since i cannot put any weight on the leg for something like 3 months. However, the docs say i should be able to walk again. Just... in a while.

Altho believe it or not all that time is not all going to be passed in front of the computer, since i'm still having some problem sitting in my computer chair ( over time the bad leg starts to hurt ) but should anyone message me, or have any requests I should be able to answer promptly. ))
    --
    The nootie's infamous black joker, Jujuwalker :
    RP profile : http://www.ao-universe.com/tools.php...ion=show&id=74
    --

La censure est la negation de l' esprit. (Censoring is the negation of thought) --Yvirnig
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. -- Hunter S. Thompson
    --
    QUOTE OF THE DAY : And remember : you minions SHOULDN'T BE THINKING!

Is there any way to track down a sender or at least from what gridnode the message was sent, in those cases where serious issues are mailed?

Quote Originally Posted by Tussa
    Is there any way to track down a sender or at least from what gridnode the message was sent, in those cases where serious issues are mailed?
    Is there an issue i should be aware of? Do tell me more thru the system ( aka send me a mail explaining what the problem is to jujuwalker, i'll see what i can do).
    --
    --

La censure est la negation de l' esprit. (Censoring is the negation of thought) --Yvirnig
    --

It would be of the "threats" kind of problem. If people are issuing threats to other people's lives, family or friends, what kind of security procedures are there?

Quote Originally Posted by Tussa
    It would be of the "threats" kind of problem. If people are issuing threats to other people's lives, family or friends, what kind of security procedures are there?
    Well, i sent you a message, but like i said, unless there is a problem at hand, i see no incentive to institute measures or solutions to problems that are currently non existing.
    --
    --

--

Does the bot tell you and you only, Jujumaster, who actually sends notes? From what I understand, this is a way of sending anonymous tells for things like love notes and if some stupid idiot were to waltz over here and say /tell Jujumail pm <name> Your family will die in 72 hours. I know where you live. ... and you have no idea who sent them, no security action can be made.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

(( Well then, Do send me exemples, and hopefully something might be done (tm) . Of course, if the problem is lack of a sense of humor or any such nonsense, i will not be pleased. On the other side of the coin, if certain individuals are being jackasses are acting like stupididiots, They can also be dealt with. I have no qualms to denying access to the short term, or simply putting the thing on some sort of free membership system. Like i said... If people complain I will take a look...))
    I just love quoting myself.

Now folks, there is no denial this new tool can be used for great fun and also great evil, it's what it is, a tool. The tool itself is not an evil entity, and frankly, i find it funny there's this whole fearful discussion about the potential for nastyness of the thing, while ACTUAL USAGE is very low at the moment.

I'm more the "throw the f$#@!ing switch igor" type and frankly, if problems happen down the road, they will be dealt with then, not now.
    --
    --

--

((Well, what I meant isn't OOC harassment or anything childish like that. There is every reason to believe it's IC, and so this is how my character reacts ICly, by asking for security protocols. Kinda...if you get some threat to your life sent on your mail addy in RL, where do you turn? Local police? The ISP? FBI))

Messages are anonymous, even to me. It was coded, and intended that way(tm).

Next question please?
    --
    --

--

(( Well Jujumail is a javabot, if need be logs can be pulled by FC ( I hope) on who was messageing it and what was said. any chucklenut that thinks they can threaten someone in real life through a video game and not be traced is just... well... dumb as hell. ))

Well...it was a good idea and could've worked well. I tried it but it just wasn't for me. I'll stick to my regular gridmail services.

[Nevermind. People seem to miss the point. I'll just ignore the whole mail system. Save me some headache trying to explain the issue]

i'll repeat again: it's anonymous. It was coded so even I cannot trace back the provenance of the messages. Because it's the point. Me knowing who sends what to whom would.... well.... not make it anonymous, wouldn't it?

The thing is ran from a fixer out of the backyards of newland city, it's not like it's "covered by the usual garantees" here.

(( Unless there are serious occ issues involved with the thing, i'm not even interested to know who's sending what to whom. It's totally not the point.

You could also say it's some kind of a warped social experiment, and you're all being used as my precious little subjects. Like i said, I find it a hoot how we're actually having this whole discussion about how it's all scary and whatnot. I fully expect a "what about the children" angle next... )
    --
    --

--

I was wondering, is there a "multiple recipients" function?

Because frankly, who cares about children, but just think about the LEETS! Just imagine what would happen when a group of troxs gets in to this system and manages to send messages to each other. Think of the potential loss of leet (and adventurer) life if they could CC each other with one message! Things like "Fresh baby leets at 356 x 998 in Newland" sent to every leet-pie wielding atrox could be a disaster!

~ Amelie

Quote Originally Posted by LithiumFlower
    I was wondering, is there a "multiple recipients" function?
    No, nor shall there ever be. Da juju ain't that easely fooled.
    --
    --

--

Quote Originally Posted by Jujuwalker
    No, nor shall there ever be. Da juju ain't that easely fooled.
    Oh good! So the leets are safe.
    *smiles*

so what happened to jujumail? I loved using it and was gonna dump a boyfriend today on an alt using it and no jujumail.. I was sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose_Alward View Post
    so what happened to jujumail? I loved using it and was gonna dump a boyfriend today on an alt using it and no jujumail.. I was sad.
    Down for maintenance and upgrading.
    I'll reactivate it temporarely.
    --
    --

--

great thanks now he can get a message awsome program you have

Oh good. My inventory of leet pills has been getting way too big lately, and I need to send more ads.
    "NOOOOooo! Not in the face!" -- official RUR battle cry

expect it down for another week . i'm moving it from a workstation to a server environment so i can work on the v2 features, like for example the possibility of a web interface and org-wide mass mailings.
    --
    --

--

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12