Thread: IRRK Breaking News: Newland City attacked by Legion forces

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

IRRK Breaking News: Newland City attacked by Legion forces

Newland City attacked by Legion forces
    June 30, 29480 - [Atlantean]

IRRK (Newland City) - The peace of the City of Newland was horrifically disturbed tonight in an assault which was described by one witness as "intense and vicious."

Residents of Newland City noted unusual activity around 23:00 RST on the night of June 29th. This morning, at 00:15, witnesses say a large force of Legionaries entered the city of Newland at the main gate. A figure which was identified as "The Imperator" -- their leader, as sources indicate -- was present for the beginning of the attack and gave the nanomage forces the command to "kill everything."

As the aggressors would soon learn, the Neutrals had little tolerance for this behavior and would not go quietly. A massive force led by Trade Minister Mohammad "Jujuwalker" Clancy of the Newland City Council valiantly fought back against the Legion forces, forcing them to give up considerable ground and make several retreats.

"The sense of duty and bravery shown by Minister Clancy and his defense force was great," said General Hekkat in a brief statement. "When informed of the situation, I sent in as many Militia reinforcements as possible. However when we saw the size of the defense force, we were all very confident that the situation was being handled."

After the Legionary forces were defeated, residents began to celebrate, but this celebration was cut short when an individual identified as "Lord Delenath" entered the city. Delenath, apparently commander in the Legion's ranks, single-handedly battled the entire defense force, striking many down and presenting a considerable challenge until he was finally defeated.

"Citizens should make note that Newland City is safe," General Hekkat explained. "The City Council has gone to great lengths to make sure my guards are in top form. Anyone looking to cause trouble in Newland has a lot more than just my Militia to worry about."

So....anyone know what the they wanted yet? no rants from them?

As for this "Lord Delenath"...its odd, very odd. Ok, I've only seen minor bits of intel on this so far, but this guy is not the norm we've come to except from the Legion. Firstly, which is also curious is that he's a "lord". Which seems to be if anything, an almost splinter from the current Legion. He doesn't seem to tie into what we've come to expect from them. Very curious. Also is the lack of what seems to be any kind of goal other than general showing off of military might. Which again doesn't seem to tie into what we've come to except from the Legion. So many questions over this attack.

Nice going Clancy
    Last edited by Nyadach; Jun 30th, 2006 at 09:51:23.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Hey, good job Juju. Might give them reasons to think again about attacking Newland in their deranged brains.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Awesome Job guys, i've been looking at some intel photos the guildies have been sending me... Too bad I am off world though. :/
    Angel "Berael" Wolf - 220/22 Solitus Engineer RP Profile
    Advisor of Wolf Brigade, A Proud Neutral Organization

AOwiki - A chance to show what you know.
    Hunting Grounds Neutral Neck Items Tradeskill Pricing v3.0 Roleplaying Organizations v2.0 (RK1)

"The world will not evolve past its current state of crisis by using the same thinking that created the situation" - Albert Einstein
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change." - Charles Darwin

ACHK...Me feelz aloot ov guylt fur nuht bein' dere, me suuhd ov been by djore seed Juju, Me iz sowree fur thyss. Und et wyll nuht happen aguun. Bot on thyss issue me wyll shed soomb lyhtz ohn to da "Legionnaires" fur da reest ov da cuuncyl; Noow daht et iz pahsonal, und daht et ab gohnz stryht to m'harrtz me guntah be dere und reedah fur dehm.

Me noow alotz aboot thyss "Imperator", let oos speakz wehn me rytahn fruum awayz.
    Last edited by Renjori; Jun 30th, 2006 at 16:51:08.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...s/rensig54.jpg
    A karrut iz ahz kluuse ahz a rahbet getz too a dymuundz

( Well, I got one shot of the main villain boss at his last appearance.... the rest was just a lag incrusted mess )

Well.... now that the world has been saved, I can finally have tea and crumpets. No interference this time!

I guess i'm gonna have to have a little talk with toog and the rest of the council abou this..... there are some things that were said that demands attention. ( those things being classified, of course).
    --
    The nootie's infamous black joker, Jujuwalker :
    RP profile : http://www.ao-universe.com/tools.php...ion=show&id=74
    --

La censure est la negation de l' esprit. (Censoring is the negation of thought) --Yvirnig
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. -- Hunter S. Thompson
    --
    QUOTE OF THE DAY : And remember : you minions SHOULDN'T BE THINKING!

Quote Originally Posted by Jujuwalker
    there are some things that were said that demands attention. ( those things being classified, of course).
    Ah, so there was something said. Do I have to get you or Yarko stone drunk before we learn what though?
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

(Four events on Atlantean in 3 days, and none on Rimor? Wow.)

You're my boy Ju!!!! You're my boy!!!

Finally someone in some leadership has the intestinal fortitude to stand up for themselves with action.
    "If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please', I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'."

SirNegs - Neutral Keeper
    Negs - Neutral MP
    Lode - Neutral Doctor

Now now please Negs, hopefully nobody's run off to do a printing of "Kung-fu grip Juju action figaz" now.....

It's not like I single handledly defeated the legionaires here.... everybody helped, omni, clan and neutrals to drive the legion off the city. Hell, there was even this neutral bartender that joined the battle at one point ! Everybody gave it a few megabullets, and that's what counts. ( While some people were busy ganking the people that were helping, or healing the legios..... oh well. )
    --
    The nootie's infamous black joker, Jujuwalker :
    RP profile : http://www.ao-universe.com/tools.php...ion=show&id=74
    --

La censure est la negation de l' esprit. (Censoring is the negation of thought) --Yvirnig
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. -- Hunter S. Thompson
    --
    QUOTE OF THE DAY : And remember : you minions SHOULDN'T BE THINKING!

Quote Originally Posted by Keldros
    (Four events on Atlantean in 3 days, and none on Rimor? Wow.)
    (Spoke too soon m8.)

It seems that on Rimor, the Legion was after our councilmembers.
    Gee...another expansion that I'm not interested in...maybe it's a hint? O.o

Eeky: Cz how much beer would I have to provide to you, to have you water balloon the people responsible for last patch?

Cz: I would never consider such a horrible proposal! (I'll have my people contact your people.)

Quote Originally Posted by LangWiz
    (Spoke too soon m8.)

It seems that on Rimor, the Legion was after our councilmembers.

Yep, they came looking for Science minister Trixie Rhaiyne, but Security minister Daniel Grey pulled together a massive force, who together with the Newland Militia managed to send the Legion packing in a short space of time.
    Uni "Unixint80" Idoru, 206/13 Neutral NT Veteran of Shattered Dreams
    What I've Got My Perk Setup My Nuke Setup (All slightly outdated)

FREE BOREALIS!!!

Credit where credit was due.
    Great party Juju.

Quote Originally Posted by Ms_Idoru
    Yep, they came looking for Science minister Trixie Rhaiyne, but Security minister Daniel Grey pulled together a massive force, who together with the Newland Militia managed to send the Legion packing in a short space of time.
    Unfortunately there were omni employees assisting them.

I didn't catch any names, but I did have to stop a few demons and robots.