Thread: Wtf

Unhappy Wtf

Does anyone ever check the Tech forums? I have sent tech support an email almost a week ago....Posted on tech forum and I have gotten no reply from either. I finally find a mmorpg I am willing to pay for and no one wants to help me. AO you have a few days left before I give up completely and go buy a PS3.
    If neone sees this and can help I am getting an error when trying to log in.
    Site error. Resource not found. T
    urns the AO launcher into what seems an invalid webpage. All security software is turned off. UAC is off, running as administrator. Current AO version and patches....I don't get it.

Hmm, weird one. Have you tried running aorepair?

Not yet

Not yet but I am right now. Even tho I cant get AO to work I do feel slightly better that someone actually responded to me... SO thank you Very much for that! lol. Ok lets see if that helps. *crosses fingers*

Quote Originally Posted by Phargus View Post
    Hmm, weird one. Have you tried running aorepair?
    51 files checked, 0 files downloaded, 51 files OK........STill not working I am a HUGE MMORPG fan and this game seems sooo perfect for my tastes. I just wanna start a char

Are you using Vista?
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Yes using vista, No AO is not installed anywhere in or near program files. YEs UAC is disabled, as well as any other security stuff that might interfere....IM so frustrated!

Are you starting AO as administrator or just clicking on icon? I had a lot of problems too but right clicking on icon and starting as Admin fixed it.
    Plexor 220/23 Adventurer
    The Red Brotherhood

Account Created
    2001-06-29 19:30:30

Try moving AO from wherever you installed to C:\Users\Public

Turn off screen surfacing off.
    Turn the prompt asking you if you can do something, every time you try, off.
    Makes sure your firewall is letting AO through.
    Move your folder to C:\Anarchy\
    Right click your client.exe and make short cut.
    Right click the short cut and go to properties -> compatibility mode -> Windows XP.
    Right click and run as administrator.
    Please make androgynous Atroxes. (Yes, Jen, this is you main sl00b account, (since you can't tell toons from acc page but can see forum name))
    Make opifex ears more pointy in the new engine.
    Venachar: Taking feedback from this forum would be like starting a bottled water company, sourced from Chernobyl.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenshey View Post
    Right click the short cut and go to properties -> compatibility mode -> Windows XP.
    Right click and run as administrator.
    Shouldnt need to do that to run AO.

Question.

Do you have any sort of 3rd party firewall or web screening software?
    Ive found that my firewall, Outpost, blocked the server url file and prevented the server list from being updated due to one of its filtering components.

Does the game actually let you log in? The webpage shown in the launcher isnt required to log in.
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

Try aslo, in CMD command prompt.

icacls filetarget /grant administrators:F /t

then run client.
    Surfacing 220/23 Trader - Atlantean