Thread: For the love of God, someone who gets results please read...

Post For the love of God, someone who gets results please read...

CZ,

Thank you for the posting you made about "We are in the process of working in story orgs blah blah blah".
    We (those guys) have been waiting for quite some time and it's good to hear that at least you are infact going to make an effort.

But as a leader I have to humbley ask that you make is asap.
    Apon checking the rosters, which i'm sure you've done, you'll notice that the few remaining omni story orgs are seriously hurting right now.

This is mostly due inpart to the near total abandonment fc has shown us loyal players in the last couple months.

We realize that things are probably changing from inside your world as well but everyday i log on to hear another one of my friends quit or another omni department gave up and collapsed.

I personally have no intention of quitting but its getting bad.
    My two main supporters, Meister of Omni-Pol and Kithrak of Red-Tape/Omni Admin, have been giving their resignation speeches and i'm afraid that by the time you finally get around to fixing things, it'll be too damn late.

Months and weeks ago, Omni-AF, like our counterpart orgs, got our orders and we were made to have a place. It was cool.
    But in the last month and a half it's been absolutely dismal.
    sub-par.

Do you have any idea how hard it is to keep a department together when the plans that the LTCs make "for" you go up in smoke when they vanish without a trace like Telion and Kiaela??
    My people are soldiers and we shouldn't have nothing better to do then sit on our asses in Rompa and annoy the clan squatters that leach off of our territory.
    There was a time when battles were waged but that was so long ago that only the old farts of AF remember it. Those that havn't quit the game that is :/

Everybody looks at you to provide them with entertainment and that's not my job, it's yours. And I resent losing dear friends and co-workers because of forces I cannot control.

Those of us that havn't given up and disbanded yet survive by the skin of our nuts. A lesser bunch of guys would lie to their members and try to pie them off from leaving under the idea that FC is infact working on a solution.

In short, please for the love of god, put some priority into this and get the ball rolling... maybe a post on the login screen to let members know that you're serious about rectifying this situation.

That's all man.

Ted Shakkles Ganes, president Omni-AF
    pres. Ted Shakkles Ganes
    -=Omni-AF=-

Re: For the love of God, someone who gets results please read...

Originally posted by Shakkles
    CZ,
    Months and weeks ago, Omni-AF, like our counterpart orgs, got our orders and we were made to have a place. It was cool.
    But in the last month and a half it's been absolutely dismal.
    sub-par.

Do you have any idea how hard it is to keep a department together when the plans that the LTCs make "for" you go up in smoke when they vanish without a trace like Telion and Kiaela??
    Thankyou Shakkles, that summarized in two paragraphs what I have been unable to put to words in 8+ pages of e-mails and IRC chats trying to explain our situation. For the last month and half I was sent from one person to the next. By the time it was finished I managed to meet Cz, Dai, Cosmik and Fadin. Got the answers I was looking for but unfortunately not the results I had hoped.

The gist of the answer was that while LTCs' sudden dissappearence was unfortunate, but since they never really made any promises they were not accountable for what happened. (Their sudden dissappearence.) They're working on ways to not have it happen as much in the future. Got sent out the back door. There is no reason to keep pressing the matter so I let it drop.

Red Tape is still hanging in there, and I was convinced by many good people to remain. I don't want to leave the crat community to what is left of its roleplaying. (BureauCon 9 is being planned by the way.)

But the Diplomatic Assembly is temparily put on hold until I get things back in working order in Red Tape. We lost partically all of our command staff. The reason? They quit AO.

Lets hope we do not have a third event bubble where the game works as it was intended for a few weeks. A flurry of activity, everone is happy then burst the bubble and we get several months of inactivity.

Sincearly,
    Kithrak
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

Yep. I agree. Intern-Ops went down for this reason -- we had nothing to do. Story orgs need the story to flourish, that's just how it works. Without the story in action, it's extremely difficult to find things to do with the org. Sure you can go on lots of group hunts and all, but that has it's limitations. The last LTC that gave us anything to do was Terent, and he's gone now.

So now I'm with AF. Let's see some action.
    Aaron Simons Harkonnen

Unhappy

Removed my whine, did cross some line.. and it wasen't ment to be here anyway.
    Last edited by Fylk; Aug 23rd, 2002 at 12:57:52.

I Now Fellow Human And Fellow Enemy, Ive Been Member In many Clan orgs we try to hang in but were fadeing many wont face the truth but iam glad CZ that youre getting story up soon but make it quick or it wont be any players left

Forceboy Judge In The High COurt Of Justice
    Fully RP

Dispense with the pleasantries Thrak.
    Everyone who matters knows you had one finger of a hand in everything that was cool and significant back in the day, but if you list your accomplishments like that before your post and segregate yourself from Omni, then it's one more step towards Anarchism.

I havn't seen you on flc in a while, as i'm guessing like alot of old leaders you're just hibernating through this winter of events.

Also I didn't mean this as a thread to get started and contributed on, it was just a small message to Cz.

*p.s you should see the screen of us wasting Shades last tuesday in HQ. heh that was beautiful*

-Shak
    pres. Ted Shakkles Ganes
    -=Omni-AF=-

Red face

The reason for me not being on OTFL is because I was only temp president while Equimon was gone. Now he's gone again, this time for a year. I play on my alt Siddis now, so he will be the one you will be seeing.

I was trying not to whine.. but alot of people didn't know that players participated in these events.. they whine about that there never are events.. but there are, just that they not are public known.

Smile aha

AAaaahhhh.

One of those guys who's on but doesn't speak.

Well how do you intend to get known and make contacts if you don't start being obnoxious?

Another thing, I'll write down your current chars name incase we have need of help in events any time soon.
    If an org participates, helps, and reports in anything we do, you WILL get your credit, but if you don't report in, as honorable as the position of quiet person is, there's no way we can know you're there.

Just food for thought.

-Shakkles
    -=Omni-AF=-
    pres. Ted Shakkles Ganes
    -=Omni-AF=-

I agree.. I have been a little quiet lately.
    But its soon gonna change! Been building up my new chars for a while, but they seem to be ready soon.

Its been a little hard to get "contacts".. Since we don't have an active president atm, we've been a little on the "outside". Hoping to fix this soon.

If Equimon is what you'd call "inactive", I really think you shuold ask him to make you acting leader.
    If CZ is telling the truth and they're going to start contacting leaders for involvement you guys could be outa luck if he isn't around for that.
    pres. Ted Shakkles Ganes
    -=Omni-AF=-