Thread: Freelance: Undesireable person of the week, OT Administrator Jessica Lonare

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

Freelance: Undesireable person of the week, OT Administrator Jessica Lonare

Undesirable person of the week: Omni-Tek administrator Jessica Lonare
    June 28, 29480 - Freedomov Speech [Atlantean]

IRRK Freelance - For being one of the mega-corporations, Omni-Tek has a surprisingly large number of silly, foolish and even plain stupid employees. This might not be such of a problem, were it not that the Corporation all too often insists on giving these people responsibilities, instead of just letting them clean the toilets. One of the more prominent members of this class at this moment is the one who was sent to "administer" Borealis, Jessica Lonare.

When she arrived, of course accompanied by the traditional thugs, she announced: “my first and foremost priority is to ensure life continues as normal for you, your businesses, and your families.” Now, this reporter always thought he had a pretty good idea about what was normal. But shooting people for expressing their opinions, killing visitors to the many excellent shops Borealis has to offer and in general disturbing the peace and create chaos and turmoil in what was before a peaceful and thriving city, hardly seems normal behavior to me.

On her second visit, at the end of the Neutral Freedom March, Ms Lonare said: “Before we came here, this city was a struggling mining outpost with nothing to mine, only the trade brought to this place by criminals kept it afloat.” I’m not sure where the woman gets her information, but Borealis hasn’t been a mining outpost for decades, let alone a struggling one. Instead, it was one of the most successful business cities on the planet. Before Omni-Tek started killing half of the customers that is. And as far as criminals are concerned, yes, Omni-Pol officers did visit the city from time to time, but they are nothing compared to the criminals that roam the city these days.

One of her other fine remarks: “Unicorn forces may have been... overzealous in bringing order, but it cannot be argued that the city now is worse than it was during the rioting. Instead we have peace, and as promised, we have restored free trade.” Is this woman really blind, deaf and in general as much of an idiot as she sounds to be? Overzealous, indeed. Of course the city now is worse, there never were any fights in the streets of the city before. Only after the Omni-Tek invasion did the riots start, often enough started by Omni-Tek employees I might add.

This is also a nice one: “After all, what sort of administrator would I be if I was not in touch with the political situation?” You honestly don’t want me to answer that question, Ms Lonare. But I have my serious doubts you are in touch with anything at all.

Ms Lonare also said: “I look forward to working with you, the people of Borealis, to put any ill feelings behind us.”

Ms Lonare actually firmly believes she’s in charge of Borealis. Next to some wandering employees, she’s must be the only one to believe so. No neutral will ever cooperate with her, make no mistake about that. If you really want to put any ill feelings behind Ms Lonare, there’s only one possible answer: get out of Borealis as fast as you can and take the armed forces with you. If you do a better job at cleaning the toilets this time, you might be able to keep the job that fits you perfectly.

Reporter “Freedomov” Speech
    Last edited by Nevarstiyeh; Jun 28th, 2006 at 21:03:11.

Hear hear!!!
    "If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please', I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'."

SirNegs - Neutral Keeper
    Negs - Neutral MP
    Lode - Neutral Doctor

I'dd rather have a city ran by smugglers and thieves than one ran by some pen-pushing demagogic omniserf.

Remove the Juggie! Boot the recruiters! Kick the guards off the city limits!
    --
    The nootie's infamous black joker, Jujuwalker :
    RP profile : http://www.ao-universe.com/tools.php...ion=show&id=74
    --

La censure est la negation de l' esprit. (Censoring is the negation of thought) --Yvirnig
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. -- Hunter S. Thompson
    --
    QUOTE OF THE DAY : And remember : you minions SHOULDN'T BE THINKING!

Quote Originally Posted by Jujuwalker
    I'dd rather have a city ran by smugglers and thieves than one ran by some pen-pushing demagogic omniserf.

Remove the Juggie! Boot the recruiters! Kick the guards off the city limits!
    Hell leave the Juggie, I'm sure nice neutral fixers and engineers, can "have some fun" with it.
    "If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please', I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'."

SirNegs - Neutral Keeper
    Negs - Neutral MP
    Lode - Neutral Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Editor: IRRK
    Now, this reporter always thought he had a pretty good idea about what was normal. But shooting people for expressing their opinions, killing visitors to the many excellent shops Borealis has to offer and in general disturbing the peace and create chaos and turmoil in what was before a peaceful and thriving city, hardly seems normal behavior to me.
    "This reporter" should also note that, actually, visitors to Borealis are not being killed anymore and that in general people were so much being shot for expressing their opinion, they as they were for attacking the guards.

The citizens of Borealis have a real, genuine and legitimate reason to be angry with Omni-Tek for forcably placing Administrator Lonare in charge of the town, there should be no need for the Press to twist the facts and resort to personal insults to make their point. If anything this trivialises the whole crisis.

I know that Jessica Lonare has agreed to meet with Newland Major King and representatives of the Neutral Defense Initiative to come to some solution to this crisis. Let's give the diplomats a chance to address this rather then just add fuel to the fire.

Savoy
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Least this reporter said what we have all been feeling. This so called Administrator was forcibly put on us. We don't want her, and the sooner she packs her bags and takes her goons in black with her, the better.

They might rattle on they have ICC authorisation for this, which is still to be produced. And even when it is produced its utter rollerats droppings as we have a pledge from when the ICC first arrived in Borealis stating that "the ICC troops are here to protect neutral land and population from Clan and Omni-Tek aggression". And to totally, utterly underline this point, the placing of Omni personal and and Administrator is an act of aggression.

People say they haven't done anything against the neutral population? pfft. This Administrator is in being here an act of aggression against the neutral population as she has withdrawn the freedoms of neutral citizens to have thier own elections in Borealis. We used to have freedom of choice, and thats been taken from us!

Leave Borealis, and give us back our liberty, and freedom to choose who we want to lead us. Anyone placed by Omni-Tek, or anyone else for that matter, is an afront to our liberty and neutral values of freedom. And as such will not be tollerated.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Wow..

I am not sure what else to say..

This is one of the BEST pieces of writing I have seen in a really long time.

Please Reporter “Freedomov” Speech keep up the awsome writing.. Maybe even kick ya a beer when your in town and have time.

~Cynotor
    ~ Roger "Shadowset" Garanti (Member Clan Assembly)
    ~ Andrew "Boomtastic" Domtar (Member Clan Assembly)
    ~ Ta "Bloudless" Butcher (Member of the NLF)
    ~ Caviler "Cynotor" (Member of the NLF)
    ~ Chef "Ironox" (Member of the NLF)

Public files on Shadowset
    Ironox and Cooking with Iron!

Quote Originally Posted by Savoy
    "This reporter" should also note that, actually, visitors to Borealis are not being killed anymore and that in general people were so much being shot for expressing their opinion, they as they were for attacking the guards.
    Savoy
    Not quite.. when they came, it was death for any clanner that visited.. I myself saw one person get shot, time and time again, by an omni-pol guard, near the insurance booth.. And this person, was unarmed, and clearly just wanted to get away from the city, but before she could say a word.. the sound of the gun was heard followed by the scream of this woman.
    I spoke up, and told him to stop, he gave me one look and pointed the gun at me..
    so i must admit.. he felt how it was to end up at reclaim.

Wanting to annex a neutral city, bringing armed forces, shooting people at sight (buisness contacts, customers etc), generally bringing chaos and claiming to do it to clean up crime and destroy violence.. hah..(shakes my head)..
    I agree with this reporter..
    But I do hope that the "administrator", will use the senses she hopefully was endowed with.. and clear out of our city, fully and completely.
    Respiration... Low.. Heartbeat..!?.. .. Low.. MEDIC!!!!
    .. ...
    Oh forgot.. That is me!

Spoken from past experience, if you want Omni-Tek to use basic sense and do what's right, you're going to have to do a little more then sit back and "hope" that they will come to their senses. Do you truly believe that Omni-Tek never intended for this situation? You can bargin and talk with them all you want, but you should realize in the end that their "company" comes before you, before me, and before anything they sign or promise. Their words are empty, and quite bluntly, they lie. A lot. About everything.

So, you can sit around in newland asking OT very nicely to clear out of your city, and they will probably promise to do it right away, and six months later they will still be there. Or you could consider the only method that has ever made Omni-Tek do the right thing, which is returning the same level of respect they show you. I find bullets, explosions, and hostile nano-programming work well in getting Omni-Tek to actually *listen* to anything. But whatever works for you.

And on a side note, I think you fail to understand how Omni-Tek really operates. OT Administrator Jessica Lonare is doing *exactally* what her bosses tell her, nothing more, nothing less. You don't get to rise to the rank of Administrator within OT by coming up with your own unique way of doing things. I also think the editor should be intelligent enough to realize this very simple fact, but let's all continue to pat him on the back and kiss his butt for doing a great job of making Omni-Tek's hostile actions in Borealis seem like the sole fault and responsibility of one person, versus the true issue: The situation in Borealis is the fault of Omni-Tek itself. Our anger and action should be directed towards the source of the unstable situation: Omni-Tek. Not some petty "director."

Surely you have read a little into anicent Earth history and understand how common place this game is? When your government or company goes too far and does something that causes a public backlash, the *first* thing you do in order to save yourself is FIND SOMEONE TO PLACE THE BLAME ON.

I find myself wondering and doubting the real intentions of the reporter who did this story. I'd bet if one were to dig up his bank records and personal history, we'd find some large transfers of credits that could be traced back to Omni-Tek. This article serves no purpose but to shift blame away from Omni-Tek itself.

I think the only mistake the reporter makes is just assuming that we're all simple minded enough to take the bait. I'm not biting. To imply that all of Omni-Tek's actions in Borealis were the SOLE decisions of Jessica Lonare, and that she made all of these decisions without Omni Tek's guidelines or orders -- that's a insult to our intelligence. The actions that were taken in Borealis are the sole responsibilty of the whole. It was, and always will have been, Omni-Tek who made the choice to invade Borealis.

Quote Originally Posted by Moontouch
    But I do hope that the "administrator", will use the senses she hopefully was endowed with.. and clear out of our city, fully and completely.

i guess slanted journalism is'nt limited to Clan editors...

visitors to Borealis are not being killed anymore
    Actually thats not completly accurate Savoy, a few days ago I was attacked and killed by an Unicorn squadleader at the standard whompah system.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Gurney "Twistshot" Halleck

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

Quote Originally Posted by malewerecat
    i guess slanted journalism is'nt limited to Clan editors...
    Slanted journalism is extremely unbiased in where it chooses to rear its head in case you haven't noticed.
    To be good is to be in harmony with one's self... Discord is to be forced to be in harmony with others. - Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Twistshot
    Actually thats not completly accurate Savoy, a few days ago I was attacked and killed by an Unicorn squadleader at the standard whompah system.
    Did you take down his name, rank and number?

Savoy

Did you take down his name, rank and number?

Savoy
    No, I turned around and saw a unicorn with squadleader tags and took a massive energy blast to my face.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

Can you at least describe him?

Savoy

Not one of the big hulking brutes but the one similer in stature to a Solidus, standared unicorn armor and weapons.