Thread: Newland Council Press Release: Newland City steps up security

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

Newland Council Press Release: Newland City steps up security

Newland City steps up security
    June 28, 29480 - Freedomov Speech [Atlantean]

Newland Council Press Release - Newland City - June 27

In the light of recent events, Newland City Council Defense Minister Vincent "Boltgun" Delage and General Hekkat of the Newland Militia, met to discuss plans to further strengthen the cities defenses.

Minister Boltgun presented the General with a shipment of nanoprograms, including deflection shields, and NCU belts for the militia, which where donated by the neutral organization Wolf Brigade. A small group of the militia will be outfitted with these for testing purposes.

Minister Boltgun also placed an order for 20 high quality Kyr’Ozch shotguns to further upgrade the militia’s weaponry.

Both the Minister and the General agreed that, while it is unlikely that Newland City might be in danger of an attack, every precaution has to be taken to guarantee the city’s security.
    Last edited by Nevarstiyeh; Jun 28th, 2006 at 21:03:27.

You can find more details about the shotgun order here.
    General Hekkat wish to use the stopping power of such weapon for crowd control.

After the lastest legionary and alien attacks on Newland, were several militiamans got killed (successfully reclaimed). We wish to build up a small but powerful defensive force to keep order and at the same time answer the major threats of Rubi Ka.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

((Hehe, you took your time - Hekkat's been walking around with one of the Kyr'ozch Shotguns we gave him for months now on Rimor, it was one of the first things the council decided, the militia need alien weapons - do you think this means the guards may be getting an update in a patch soon?))
    Uni "Unixint80" Idoru, 206/13 Neutral NT Veteran of Shattered Dreams
    What I've Got My Perk Setup My Nuke Setup (All slightly outdated)

FREE BOREALIS!!!

I'm rather flabbergasted that Hekkat wants -shotguns- for the newland militia since there are very few crowds that need to be controlled, and their stopping power is less than sterling compared to other weapons such as the Superior Perennium Blaster, or even the JAME weapons they are already using.
    Angel "Berael" Wolf - 220/22 Solitus Engineer RP Profile
    Advisor of Wolf Brigade, A Proud Neutral Organization

AOwiki - A chance to show what you know.
    Hunting Grounds Neutral Neck Items Tradeskill Pricing v3.0 Roleplaying Organizations v2.0 (RK1)

"The world will not evolve past its current state of crisis by using the same thinking that created the situation" - Albert Einstein
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change." - Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by Berael
    I'm rather flabbergasted that Hekkat wants -shotguns- for the newland militia since there are very few crowds that need to be controlled, and their stopping power is less than sterling compared to other weapons such as the Superior Perennium Blaster, or even the JAME weapons they are already using.
    Well you know, with the recent events in Newland, it's rather clear the Militia is lacking in the aim department, maybe he figures if they get shotguns, they'll actualy hit something.
    Crouching Atrox, hidden Yalm.

Quote Originally Posted by DuckFu
    Well you know, with the recent events in Newland, it's rather clear the Militia is lacking in the aim department, maybe he figures if they get shotguns, they'll actualy hit something.
    They need to keep up with the lastest nasty discoveries we had there and there. Where I am more concerned is that they died without any permission, that's why we are distributing total mirror shields and other nanoprogram gear already.

In my experience a flexible combination of weaponry works the best, but my experience involve methodic destruction and... a few mindless killing. I trust Hekkat's knowledge about doing a day to day security of the city more.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

It may be due to the non-standard ammo type that alien weapons use, it may work better against popular armors and may even present a better damage curve against Alien and Legionair attackers.

Also in addition to "buck shot" rounds shot guns can be loaded with solid state and other specialty rounds such as riot control rubber rounds, smoke rounds and a host of others making them very flexable in their usage.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Gurney "Twistshot" Halleck

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

The shotguns have been supplied.
    1 from Kaylee "Sary" Grey and the 19 other by Loccin Waters, clan trader.

They will be sent to the militia as soon as possible.
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

((Pffft, no mention of all the weapons and armour we've given them on Rimor, typical... Surely this should have been a global not an Atlantean article?))

FREE BOREALIS!!!

My tiny donation of one shotgun does look rather little compared to the 19 from Loccin Waters now.. Well, at least mine was free.. *giggles*

Good to see the Newland militia improve though. I'm a little sceptical, but I hope those Kyr'Ozch shotguns will end up working better for them than their current JAME blasters.
    Kaylee "Sary" Lykin - Fixer
    "Syree" - Shade
    Member of The Mockers

Well, the council have been working towards it long enough, it'll be nice to see their work paying off and helping the militia protect the city.

FREE BOREALIS!!!

Ah, so the Newland Guard now look more decorative, but perform just as hopelessly. Ah well, we'll just get back to guarding ourselves as we've always had to, and leave the guards to defend us from... flocks of annoyed chirops, or similar.