Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Teh Good Old Days

Hah helmet Noda!! I got my battered low tech underwear in that newbie mission at lvl 4!!! I was wearing banged up moldy shorts with holes in em when everyone else was looking like a n00b!! What a bunch of suckers!
    Cauterized - NT parked at current lvl until the NT is fixed
    Mortalstrike - Former pvp twink Soldier - The original one

Best thing about sex is when you lay completely still in bed afterwards feeling all comfy and are counting the money.

Getting psyched because at level 20 I could take missions to Harry's for a huge 20k reward. First thing I did with the money was buy an Aquaan trench and hood.

Edit: Oops, actually it was 3k
    Last edited by Shub; Aug 23rd, 2002 at 19:13:24.

- When you couldn't sit down

- When you couldn't stand back up

- When black trenchcoats and keelars sold for 5k each and few
    people could afford them cause they were too expensive

- When, on day 2, I saw one deep red player say to another deep red player, "Wow you're level 12? That's crazy!"

- When everybody my level 50 fixer teamed with was asking me where I got my QL122 mausser from and how I got it on

- When I could wear my bikini over my armor

- IP rings

- Tir OP was the place to be, and the SE OP was FAR and the way there was too dangerous

- People in Kodiaks outran everybody else

I teamed with Ryokucha too =) and Omnimarine helped me with my mission at level 60 something so I joined The BlackHand. Wish I could remember more names
    Dissb
    Soron
    Ryokucha's friend... kinkay?

- When hunting medusas in DAV was the ****! We were hunting there one day and clanner NT Klim came and killed my entire team with 3 AoEs right in front of an ARK from halfway across the zone.

/me waves at Jdog

Elsid, Haqim, Aaron1975 =), Zimmm, Exotik, Boci ... wonder if they remember me.
    Monstajugga
    Agent
    RK-1

When MAs Dimached me in PvP and didnt do any dmg (cause of MK shield)

"OMG my dimach did only 100dmg?!"
    im a friggin Soldier

Talking I remember

When madbunny the little level 10 agent in tir was one of the most hated omni's on RK2, until he quit and gave away 2 million credits in a raffle.

When outdoor groups were "dumb" because you had to share xp.

When low light scopes got 15 percent crit around QL 30

When fights in 2H0 had 30 or more people on each side, and anyone who set foot in grid of whom-pah died before they could finish loading.

When I thought the "grid" was some complicated shopping contraption, and computer literacy was only meant for getting better prices from the vendors.

When the first bar was put in omni ent, and people actually would go and party.
    Last edited by Mightykirby; Aug 26th, 2002 at 19:00:40.

!

- When i was dying too tell my guildies what a cool place i found. It was called City of home West/east, and though i had to be one of the lucky few to ever find it.

Exclamation haha

Does anyone remeber the "super medusa" that did not look any different then any of the other meds but would kill a whole team in a matter of seconds?

I remeber hunting there with Vorteks who, at the time had one of the only ql200 slayers and it would solo 4 or more meds at once; then we ran accross the "super med" and it killed his slayer in about 4 or 5 hits needless to say the rest of us shortly after...

Ah the good ole days

1) The game was totally unstable
    2) You would lag out totally in any major city
    3) The forums were full of screaming mad fans

Oh the good ole days. I miss them dont you?
    Fear is the Mind Killer.
    You wasted life, why wouldn't you waste death?

The Sandworm at Temple that took out 7 teams and made the front page of every AO Fan Website.

The Giant RollerRats that Wasted the 130 people at NWop In tir.

NWop in Tir Easiest spot to find a team. (now no one)

See a lvl 80 Twink MA solo Noda Grey using SHEN omg.

Watching Veev hit 7k aimshots at lvl 30 in Tir.

When Bruise Invited me to come to 2ho and pvp. (Big mistake i had 300 AC 800hps at lvl 30 with my MA)

Playahata was the Bomb using Battle Suit.

Help me out with this next one. Who was that lvl 40 Novice Omni Fixer that just stood AFK at Tir Arena all day? Until he felt like killin....

Ancient Garganuta's were sweet exp at lvl 50.

The Beach was fun.

Virulent Bulls scared the piss out of you.

Junkyard was sweet.

First time anyone killed Trashking (that lvl 180 soldier that came and said hah he's green Alpha'd Him, TMS, and /s Oh Crap.)

First Time about 80 of us killed Torrith the Anceint and he didn't drop anything. ( so they say )

taking 3k damage from The Leggchopper first Time we met.

oh yea watch those Cats in VW.

Borgs Attacking Tir again nothing we can do about it cause of the Lag.

Hitting a 9360 Aimshot at borgs at lvl 60 right after a 185 Soldier Throw a 9200 Full Auto.

Buying my First Ranee for 5mil.

Selling my Ranee after X3 came out for 500k.

Spending 8mil on a black Ski mask.

Friend giving Krazykrat her crat suit. fethers.

ah well to sleepy to go on.

Anyway what was the topic of this post surpose to be about?

"Sneakshot" 142 Agent
    "Krazykrat" 154 Crat
    "Titaniumbeam" 73 Enf
    "Bigkicker" 80 Old School Atrox MA
    "Crimsonheart" Bah don't ask should have left him 15.
    Last edited by Tychi; Sep 9th, 2002 at 05:17:01.

Originally posted by Sneakshot
    Help me out with this next one. Who was that lvl 40 Novice Omni Fixer that just stood AFK at Tir Arena all day? Until he felt like killin....
    OMG i hate you, i could of told you his name easily until I read that. Ahh I can't remember now!
    Novice Frank "Veev" Howryla
    Apprentice "Tocksick"
    Rookie Garfield "Inergi" Lene
    Freshman Mohamed "Mayley" Howryla
    Freshman Donald "Nubify" Dorph

Deklin or something?
    Novice Frank "Veev" Howryla
    Apprentice "Tocksick"
    Rookie Garfield "Inergi" Lene
    Freshman Mohamed "Mayley" Howryla
    Freshman Donald "Nubify" Dorph

When I ran into a lvl 71 Enforcer in Camelot and he was the highest lvl player I ever saw.

When my friend warned me about longest road because the Virulent Minibulls would kill me dead.

When I was terrified of Rhinoman Bashers in Newland Desert.

When you could make a lvl an hour at the OT camp in VW.

When both bullies were fully camped Majestic Bridge

When Agents could one shot-kill you at 80m and you never even saw them.

When clusters were only in 2 machines at shops and sometimes you could go to 5 or 6 shops and still not find the one you needed.

When you would be steady killing shades in Tir until someone screamed SANDWORM!, and then you all ran in terror.

When Shani was still driving a Kodiak.
    Last edited by Obitus; Sep 9th, 2002 at 07:33:10.
    O b i t u s Atrox Clan Enforcer My trade skill? Smackin' stuff till it cries! Obi's Rig
    Unit Memer of S t o r m

Never Forget

These games are always more fun before you know what you're doing, and when you still can enjoy using 50 different weapons based on how cool they look.

- Thinking that I couldn't gain past level 15 until I had more tokens for "title-level"

- Thinking I'd never need Duck-Exp because by level 20 I had yet to have an explosion thrown at me.

- Going to join a group as an NT and being tol "sorry need a damage dealer".

Exclamation

LIFEBLEEDER!!!!!
    RUUUUUUUUUUUUN!!!11

when people wonderd what fixers were good for.

When we went to the Blaster beetle in VW and i died as the doc, and even in res i keep the rest of the team alive because i was in the same zone as them.

remember going to zlon**** with semyon, and sitting in the first room healing him while he blitzed missions, cause i could heal the whole dungeon.

When most docs didn't use weapons. and when they did they used pistols.

when the NoP in tir was lagging so bad cause a ton of level 30s were killing nadda gregg.

When me and howardstern soloed Gregg at level 26....

when i tried to run from Tir to bullies, cause i didn't know it was right outside of newland

member forsakerr the only nano soldier i ever knew.

when n00bies died in the tir water.

When i healed a level 30 crat and he gave me 20000 credits. at level 4

When a fixer was the highest level on Rubi 2, by solo missions.

SS

Talking Re: haha

Originally posted by Crazyhorse
    Does anyone remeber the "super medusa" that did not look any different then any of the other meds but would kill a whole team in a matter of seconds?

I remeber hunting there with Vorteks who, at the time had one of the only ql200 slayers and it would solo 4 or more meds at once; then we ran accross the "super med" and it killed his slayer in about 4 or 5 hits needless to say the rest of us shortly after...
    OMG! I just know remember that! We hated it...but now come to think of it, was actually challenging (only challenge now is staying awake in missions).

Teh Good Old Days
    When there was no PvP grace period.
    When Garv would sit on the canopy by the grid entrance in 2H0 waiting for a 75+ clanner to come in, he wouldn't attack them unless they moved, often dancing for them, and them getting hit by 16K Burst as soon as they flinched.
    When the grid entrance to 2H0 was by the Whom-Pahs
    When there was large Mayhem areas (no longer in 14.5 )
    Ganking clan in mort, then getting your butt kicked by Wenzell :P
    Getting 90% of a level at the ace camp and them a 150+ NT clanner would come kill everyone.
    the time i killed morbid after he killed my entire team at said ace camp :P
    getting lost in a city
    having no yalm
    medusas, the uber medusa, and the sand mantis hive guardians (rest in piece)
    an actual storyline
    gm's that cared (only a handful of them left)
    2h0 whompah in omni ent
    being able to die in the grid
    izgimmers last word (have to say id like to have the chance to die every once in a while in a mission, more challenging)
    when being a gimp was alright, and people helped you to not be a gimp
    when the syndicate was around
    when all my friends played
    finding an exploit
    finding out its been fixed
    overequpping and twinking to heck and back
    when pvp was fun
    the thought that guild housing was around the corner
    soloing my first LB
    finding out was SG and MA mastery were at level ~55 (as well as implants! lol)
    seeing my first level 200 character
    dinging 100 on a medusa, only to have at nerfed at 107, a week later
    exploring
    never gridding into newland cause you fall outta the sky, didnt grid into there for the first time until like 2 patches AFTER they fixed it
    finding city of homes (seemed more pretty back then)
    getting my first yalm flight and hitting backspace, egad!
    not knowing you to steer my yalm up and down other than the space bar
    could go on for days........

When you had to ask 4 different people what a wompa is.

When you were lvl 6 thought for two minutes that there was a lvl 49 leet following you around in greater omni forest, only to discover that it was actually an adventurer.

When Hammerhead broodlings and Lifebleeders would kill your entire team.

When Home was one of the least laggy cities in the game.

When everyone except the chosen few had to run or ride kodiaks.

When people would actually go to missions in SFP @ lvl 46 to get that ellite helmet.

When creds were worth something.

When the game was fun.
    Last edited by Soldats/Chloei; Sep 11th, 2002 at 07:16:11.

Angry

*sniff* I miss the good ol' days.

This is most definately the most enjoyable thread I've ever read, it's like looking back through the old photo album.

Super med, heheheh yes, Fuunnnnny
    ¤ Cloudeeeh “Cloudeh MKII” 120 Solitus 1HB Enforcer
    ¤ Cloudeh Dead : 176 Solitus 1HB Enforcer
    ¤ Blizzaga Dead : 96 Solitus Soldier Wannabe
    ¤ Firraga Dead : 64 Opifex “Not a Real Fixer” GA Honey
    ¤ Kjataa Dead : 53 Opifex Morphex Agent Wannabe :]
    I am a Tragic Figure
    Strenghtening, Shroud of night, Waiting weak for Taste of blood, Beneath a halo..Eternal light, I survive, Breathe on.
    Inhuman, Undying, Feast of blood now Pulse through me, Immortal..I'm undying, Eternal..Undead!

[size=0.1]C.L.O.U.D.: Cybernetic Lifeform Optimized for Ultimate Destruction[/size]

Angel Of Death
    ahhhhhh yes..the good old days...
    The plague....
    oooh how I miss it...
    I was truly needed back then....

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast