Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Teh Good Old Days

Ohh, guys u bring tears in my eyes
    Those where the good old day, and i miss them for sure.
    The days when u logged on to explore and learn something new.
    When getting creds was hard woork, when R-K was a dangerous place...

I miss those times, the experience playing a new and unexplored game

Love ya all for bringing them back

When you actually thought Funcom was going to live up to their pre-release hype...

When 50,000 credits seemed like a lot...

When tokens weren't nodrop* ...

* (see below - 3 posts)
    Last edited by Borrace; Aug 20th, 2002 at 18:46:47.

Tokens were nodrop but you traded them via bag

may also call it a sploit ;P

When people first left the backyards to do city missions - everyone jammed up outside the same mission door trying to get in. Tons of people bunched up in a running motion, jumping on top of each other trying to zone into the mission - but not able to.

People getting stuck in the basic shops for hours unable to zone out.

When a fixer snared his or her own char it increased runspeed.

When outdoor hunting groups needed to use tactics. Hugging the zone line. Trying not to get adds. When the NT's ran the mob in a circle while the rest of the group blasted away. When running the mob in a circle was standard practice.

When a team on the way to an outside hunting spot was surprised by a massive mob respawn - then being chased by a gigantic pack of mobs - the team running away in utter panic.

The team trying to regroup and find each other after the above.

When people broadcasted that an event was going on, and everyone rushed to the zone only to be discoed repeatedly, or the zone crashed.

The pvp scene at the bridge near Holes in the Wall before there were twinks and exploits.

Having one of the first Mids, and people in your team were envious of your means of transportation.

Teams getting completely lost in outdoor hunting zones.

When as a clanner I was decked out in omni armor (clan could wear omni armor and clothes), and other clanners complained that it totally did not make any RP sense.

When it took you hours to find and buy the implants that you needed because the shop terminals were so chaotic.

*I would like to point out that i never traded tokens, and only was shown this by a friend who owned an account where it was doable at the time. Personally, I was 2 weeks late and that exploit had been remedied by the time I purchased an account.

-When Neutrals couldn't make guilds.
    -- Seeing the first Neutral org
    -When Profit got ganked in 25% before grace and totally flipped out on the boards, and then quit once grace period was introduced.
    -When I gridded into 2ho as a Neut to "help Omnis that had helped me" only to get instaklilled -- so much for RP :P
    -When gridding into MMD by mistake meant certain death because you zoned into that little chunk of 75% in the middle of 25%...
    -- When I gridded into MMD by mistake and couldn't find the grid terminal in time
    -When it was hard to get a 1k board, and people farmed them the "hard" way at L6 :O
    -When you got uber loot drops from city guards (or so I've heard..)
    -When everyone killed named NPCs for XP
    -Hunting brontos in Newland Desert, sneaking past the scorps to get to the bronto camp
    --Hiding in the water to avoid the scorp that showed up
    - Damn "Take it Easy" :P
    - When I was Level 9 and Kinkstaah was only rookie -- and I was impressed because Rookies were rare
    - When Noer was bugged all day long by nearly everyone in Div9 for 132 wrangles
    - When I sold a Q200 ELLTS for 1m because "they are really common and noone is high enough level to equip one"

When I said:

Originally posted by Arinia 5/13/2002
    When UVC is gone, mark my words, noone is going to be able to kill anyone. HP will matter much, much more. Zoning is going to be a whole new problem -- now, you just need to kill someone before they zone. Since it's going to be lots harder to kill people, EVERYONE will run to the zone and will actually make it.
    And noone listened
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

When fixers owned PvP by running circles hehe

When I saw the opening video and thought the game would be a PvP war.

Crat pets had guns

Starting off in some random backyard then trying to find your friend

When you saw tokens come up for rewards and just blitz to get them

meeting a guy in the char creation room and told me to send him a msg ingame and not knowing how

When some guy added an ARK and GM to his guild and they couldnt do anything about it.

When I deleted my level 50 adventurer who had tons of freedom arms and ELLTS!!!!! AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    Last edited by Polkadoc; Aug 20th, 2002 at 19:22:06.

Originally posted by Clark "Garzuperman" Kent
    .... when FC descided to uber moderate the forums, and not let posts be instaposted but it took perhaps 24 hours before it went online... it was not allowed to use any sware words at all...
    Or even better.

- When the forums mysteriously crashed, with no backup available, every single time the game was about to be released in a new region.

lol....mystery crash...too funny.

this was the good old days

most of them probably already mentioned

-when i first attended a RAID on MMD

-when you could get nasty falldamage from just running on a flat road

-when Thuggg was mouthing off to a GM in Tir op and got suspended

-when i ran all the way from Tir to Omni trade to buy a full suit of omni-pol armor armor from the shop

-when hunting hammers in longest road was cool

-when the crit modifier was bugged on Claws in PM and i was uber because i used manual combat with my 150 hammer doing crits with every hit on them.

-when MAs and Docs could terminate 7 times and do chain healing without ever getting aggro

-when i saw Garv waste a bunch pf clanners in less than 5 seconds

-when i first saw this lvl 115 omni soldier Demono wearing a TANK armor

-when a battlesuit seemed like uber armor

-Ace camp in EFP was only known to Dark Carnival and we lvled there like mad

-when i got my first spanking by Needlz

-when Needlz was lvl 14 and i teamed with her in Newland

-when the treatment clinics would stack 10 times

-when Cyber armor was sought after

-when a GM felt sorry for me and reimbursed the 14k exp i had lost and the QL14 heated plasteel chest armor i had lost.

-when i first gridded to newland taking 996 falldamage

-when i got a hp buff and gridded to newland taking 2x996 falldamage

-when Garv was invincible and Eraser used an exploit to kill him and bragged all over guild that about how uber he was.

-when i first made a trader thinking this character would not lvl from hunting but from making stuff and "trading" it away

-when i switched to Omni and had to run from Tir to Omni1

-when i hired a girl from Silke Entertainment and got Sexx0red =P

-when i first saw a sandworm and though "ooooo lets get a closer look" Sandworm hit you for 792 points of melee damage
    Changing area. Please wait.

-when i had to stand in line at vendors

-when AO was fun and not all about T-loot, lvls and titles.

..... the good old days...
    -------------------------------------
    Zerpentor lvl 213 Enforcer
    Lequack lvl 201 MP
    Ziele lvl 180 Soldier

Originally posted by Lequack
    most of them probably already mentioned

-when i got a hp buff and gridded to newland taking 2x996 falldamage

..... the good old days...
    Oh lol i remember that, i was standing right next to you that day, you wanted to brag about how you could handle the Newland Grid now. LOL this brings tears to my eyes.
    Cauterized - NT parked at current lvl until the NT is fixed
    Mortalstrike - Former pvp twink Soldier - The original one

Best thing about sex is when you lay completely still in bed afterwards feeling all comfy and are counting the money.

This whole thread gonna make me cry *sniff*

weeeeee

This thread has made me realize exactly how much fun this game used to be, before it became a big nerf fest/whine fest. I remember being able to play 9 hours straight and laugh about /backflip ing while running around yelling "I NEED MY MEDICENE". ahh.... i miss those days...

Forgot to mention, being level 17, and being healed by your first MP Heal pet thinking it was trying to eat me, so I ran away from the camp for 15 minutes

Originally posted by Lequack
    -when i hired a girl from Silke Entertainment and got Sexx0red =P
    So that thing was for real? Well, you can say what you want about Silke X, but he did ****e up the game a little.

LOL I remember when I was a lvl51 MA and I saw Ryokucha
    and some other toons in VW (err...that OP with ..ehh..Samy....hehe) they were lvl 80-86 WHOA!!! And she asked me for SG and I had no Idea what is she talking about ).

Thank you Ryko you tought me what it was ...

When some guy first posted a screen shot of a SHARK!!! Uuuuuuuhhh!

When there use to be a rumor that there is an island somewhere in a sea where GMs have there base...

And where me and some other noobs were waiting in front of a mission entrance with a sign 'Metro' waiting for the train to come ).

When accroblades were the coolest weapon for MAs..though some already started to look at hammers...

Oh yeah..and remember that weight limitation? That was kinda fun you really had to think what to have in your inventory...
    Last edited by postbee; Aug 21st, 2002 at 21:29:47.
    Cerber - MA Bruiser

Baboone - Portable Deathstar

Dukatus - Choppah

*sniffle*

- When at lvl 15 I was using a ql 13 Ceburro and a sword , because then I could dimach as well..
    -Being able to use sword, ceburro, pistols AND a shotgun...
    -Hunting Supa Leets in Omni Forrest for uber xp while Medwar was healing us.
    -Watching a 47 enf solo said supa leets and ks`ing them for the gems.
    -Putting ip into multiranged and swimming because they might be useful....
    -Discovering FA pistols while hunting at SW mine
    -When at lvl 35 I was asked for a buff and said "soldiers dont have buffs, they rely on weapon skills" with a cocky voice....
    - Hunting at west camp (PM) and attacking some of the mobs gave you 1k runspeed.
    -Medusas...nuff said.
    -Getting r@ped by Snarf and Garzu in Ace camp, and then sitting in the small house for 2 hours because you had noone to help you, and didnt want to loose al that xp by terminating.
    -Joining my first guild (DRAP), and I was given money for a yalm so I could go to medusas.
    -Seeing RED tank armor on Elite kit for the first time. (Later on someone told me they had logged on just to show their friend just how cool uniforms were in this game).

Seeing my first lvl 100 and thinking wooooow!

Legion
    Beartwo

and a whole litter of bearcubs ...

"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -- Plato
    "You see me now, a soldier, of a 1000 psychic wars...." -- Blue Oyster Cult

Getting charged 300 creds by the implant machine and thinking OMG...what a rip i lost all my money to some stoopid machine

OOH OOH..when it took me two days to afford a lvl 7 helmet for my lvl 9 adventurer..i thought i ruleeed..i had a HELMET @_@
    147 Mp Nodamp
    O_O i am king of faces!

Forevah eating forbidden popcorn! @_@
    Directions: go dis way ---->
    den dis way <----
    den dis way <-------> and see if u survive O_o

Heya MikesterG! x_O

Dey tink im funny...dey really do..dey also tink im insane, sick, wierd, and in need of more medicines than i take

Dun worry Guys! I can keel dis Ace easy! *sends Nodie*! o.o...um..guys...u know dat ace enforcer dat ju said not to mess wif?
    yeh, dat one..um...run pweez X_X

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast