Thread: Kyr shotguns for the Newland militia

Kyr shotguns for the Newland militia

Greetings,

To better keep Newland safe, the Newland Militia is upgrading it's weaponry. We are buying 20 Kyr'Ozch shotguns from quality 200, upgraded or not, for 1 million each.

Please send me your offers or to Yarko if I'm not reacheable.

Shotguns collected : 20/20
    Last edited by Boltgun; Jul 4th, 2006 at 23:44:09.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Oh, my. I'm remembering the last time you tried upgrading their equipment. Why not just tie huge piles of explosives onto the guards, and train them to detonate when attacked? It seems like it might be safer for bystanders, for you, and for the guards themselves.

As I say, it'sthe travel that count, not the ending.

Err... That doesn't help me at all ! Anyway, I gave the deflection shield equipment to General Hekkat and he will take care of this now. The militia won't require major brain surgery to use shotguns however.

But fixing explosives on them, that's an idea !
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

... shotguns. Oh I feel so much safer now.

Who's bright idea was this? if I donated twenty carbines would they use them instead?

That's a wish from general Hekkat. And remember that the Newland militia's goal is the defense and control of the city, not assault of a given hostile target. I trust my fellow neutrals for that.

Kyr carbines are slow, have less stopping power and the viral material they are made off threaten to liquify et each full auto fire. That's why many soldiers don't want to touch one.
    Energy carbine however burn trough any target with a great precision, a good choice for an offensive force. I'm concrened about the damage it would do to Newland itself on a day to day work.
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Train them not to shoot at buildings, then. Offensive force or not, I'd like my local guards to be as well equipped as possible, and who knows what sort of force might assault Newland.

( I really wish we could take the guards levelling :P )

Also, the spreadshot of the shotguns may harm bystanders as well as other guards. This is a factor that should be taken into consideration.

IF only for the record, i do not think the guard should trade their JAME blasters for the kyr shottys. But that's my small opinion
    --
    The nootie's infamous black joker, Jujuwalker :
    RP profile : http://www.ao-universe.com/tools.php...ion=show&id=74
    --

La censure est la negation de l' esprit. (Censoring is the negation of thought) --Yvirnig
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. -- Hunter S. Thompson
    --
    QUOTE OF THE DAY : And remember : you minions SHOULDN'T BE THINKING!

As a weapons engineer I am going to have to question Hekkat's reason in desiring kyr'ozch shotguns. At a NLCC meeting he said that he wanted them for crowd control. This is a little curious since there are generaly no crowds in Newland City that would ever need to be controled with the use of a shot gun. This is compounded on the fact that the technical specs of a Alien Shotgun at that QL are fantasticaly surpased by those of the JAME blasters they are -already using- and by the heavier soldier favorite: The Superior Perennium Blaster.

For the major forces that would endanger the neutral way of life, stopping power should be the greatest of concern of the Newland Militia as both of the major powers on Rubi-Ka have excellent Insurance technology and the murderous intent of the Kyr'Ozch is only deserving of lethal force.
    Angel "Berael" Wolf - 220/22 Solitus Engineer RP Profile
    Advisor of Wolf Brigade, A Proud Neutral Organization

AOwiki - A chance to show what you know.
    Hunting Grounds Neutral Neck Items Tradeskill Pricing v3.0 Roleplaying Organizations v2.0 (RK1)

"The world will not evolve past its current state of crisis by using the same thinking that created the situation" - Albert Einstein
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change." - Charles Darwin

The shotguns have been provided, they will be supplied to the militia as soon as possible.
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Uh, are we supposed to be happy about that?