Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bracer Nerf = Woot

Originally posted by Evan "Zenoman" Laurence

Not that Funcom even listens to you anyways Arg. Read Drabin's post in this thread.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=44457
    Zeno, without going into details... Drabin is a bit over the top with that post.

And FC does listen to the professionals, it doesn't mean they do what we (the players) want, but they do listen.
    Argulace
    President
    Total Aggression Gaming
    Mercenaries of Kai (TAG)
    Chapter I. LAYING PLANS "All warfare is based on deception."

The reason bracers were nerfed (besids the whining ) was because people running around with their own hour long, free of ill effects, mirror shields all the time was overpowering.

I mean the soldiers mirror shield has massive downsides, nano shutdown on all nano skills for 2 minutes, short short durations, huge nano cost, high ncu, long recharge (meaning no weapon swapping or such for 20s or more, a lifetime in combat), and it cancels (not override for duration but actual cancelation of) reflect shields.

The soldiers have asked funcom numerous times to change one or more of these negatives; removing the recharge time which is only there to screw up our weapon switching, locking just mc for 2 minutes, and/or merely overriding reflect shields for duration instead of cancelling. But funcom has stated unequivicolly that mirror shield is a massively powerful nano that will never have any of it's negative aspects removed.

But some of you think it's perfectly all right for anyone to be able to ninja 2 title 6 bracers and beg an hour long buff from a soldier and run around with a mirror shield with no penalties?
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

Arrow

I don't pvp and I read these boards.

One thing that will be nice is perhaps there will be less people with my team in the usual 19x missions with their head up the *** of some chest 4 rooms away.

BTW, dang am I glad I don't pvp.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

I have a full set of bracers.
    I agree that they are overpowered when combined with RRFE. With one or the other, they are balanced.

I was disputing the fact (like Megabio) that this change brings balance and advantages to engineers and Soldiers. It wouldnt unless their buffs were made self only. And they thus had that advantage.

I'm a bit annoyed that it removes an "edge" that one player could have over another. However, mass pvp should be more interesting now as people will die quite a bit easier. Which gameplay is more important? Probably the group side of things.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Originally posted by Clark "Garzuperman" Kent
    Healing 50% NOW plz, then we are all happy.
    Sure just remove every ma from the pvp battles with such a simple solution.

IMO in one on one selfbuffed ma, enf and soldier should be the best classes. After reflect nerf ma's will have a very hard time winning from an enf , but maybe ma/soldier will be a bit more even than it is now.

So soldiers and ma's should probably get a little love to make them up to par with enf's. Docs and traders should be nerfed a bit.

Don't just say healing at 50% because it will screw over ma's and adv's as well. And neither of these two classes is overpowering in pvp.

Adventurers totally own you.

You just dont know it yet.

I agree, make healing cut in half...but only if they fix our utterly lame heal pets (MPs). a 500 point heal from belamorte every ten seconds or so is pretty lame. cut that in half and we're screwed.

heal pets should be based on our own nano supply and should be able to be used as long as we have enough nano. this way, it would function more like a regular healer's heals and we wouldnt have to see that "I'm sorry master, I cannot do that" message.

Originally posted by BlackBird

Sure just remove every ma from the pvp battles with such a simple solution.

IMO in one on one selfbuffed ma, enf and soldier should be the best classes. After reflect nerf ma's will have a very hard time winning from an enf , but maybe ma/soldier will be a bit more even than it is now.

So soldiers and ma's should probably get a little love to make them up to par with enf's. Docs and traders should be nerfed a bit.

Don't just say healing at 50% because it will screw over ma's and adv's as well. And neither of these two classes is overpowering in pvp.
    hahahahahah go play som of the rely nerf profs befor you say that MAs need som love

Hey, I don't deny that there are a lot of professions much worse at pvp then an ma. My point is judging from profession descriptions and a bit of logical thinking: ma's, enforcers and soldiers should be the best professions for 1 on 1 pvp. They should have somewhat close to 50/50 against each other but definitely have better than 50% chance odds against all other professions.

I'm sorry but I fail to see why this is such a problem, it seems logical to me. You don't hear me asking for green tradeskills or something either, do you?

well then if we are going to follow the "profession descriptions" MAs need a damage nerf.. cous NTs should be the masters of fast damge not criting MAs... so we cant follow a 1 year old description of professions can we.

/Tolbat

MA's don't need a nerf, nt's maybe need a slight upgrade

Although nt's manage to pull aggro from my ma fairly frequently, and afaik high level nt's (150+) seem to do very good damage.

But the only nt I ever played was my very first char which was a horrible gimp when I retired her (not because of gimpness of nt's in general but because of my lack of understanding of the game at that time ), so I don't want to make too much comments on nt's.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123