Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Neutrals are in trouble!

The neutral joke

Ross considers neutral as employees? He's right...

In every conflict, the hardest thing to do is to take position. Do you really think staying on the line is a brave choice ? Let me laugh...

I came to Rubi-Ka as a notum miner, I'm an Atrox. Omni-Tek takes care much of their dogs than "their" Atroxes. Being neutral in a world of repression and slavery is just making bizz with the opressor without doing the dirty job.

Neutrals are blind or opportunist, make your choice...

Join the change, Join the people !

Here's some reasons

Well I'm not netural myself, but if I were here's a few I'd try on:

Opportunist is a perfectly viable standpoint.

And how about:

I don't care who governs me and I don't give a sod about the notum. If people leave me alone on the whole and don't expect me to become a miner than I'm happy. So I really couldn't care less who wins.

I'm only interested in promoting cooperation between all involved parties and am prepared to act as a mediator - respecting both points of view. I'm not interested in seeing OT or Clans win - I think the status quo minus the guns would be ideal.

I think they're both wrong, and that a struggle over who gets the notum is entirely wrong. I'll smack anyone who tries to touch notum near where I live, and I don't care who they are.

Neutral doesnt mean nice. It means either undecided or uninterested in the conflict. Conscience is optional.
    Crazynotion - Atrox Bureaucrat, RK1

Formerly posted as Mechanita

Re: The neutral joke

Originally posted by Hooffa

Neutrals are blind or opportunist, make your choice...

Hooffa, you new on the board, and i forgive you.
    *Juju fires a jelly round on the trox*
    Read this.
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=43210

... and to quote IT IS INTENDED!!!!!

And listen to crazynotion: he's starting to get it.
    --
    The nootie's infamous black joker, Jujuwalker :
    RP profile : http://www.ao-universe.com/tools.php...ion=show&id=74
    --

La censure est la negation de l' esprit. (Censoring is the negation of thought) --Yvirnig
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. -- Hunter S. Thompson
    --
    QUOTE OF THE DAY : And remember : you minions SHOULDN'T BE THINKING!

Re: Here's some reasons

Originally posted by Crazynotion
    Well I'm not netural myself, but if I were here's a few I'd try on:
    (chop)
    I'm only interested in promoting cooperation between all involved parties and am prepared to act as a mediator - respecting both points of view. I'm not interested in seeing OT or Clans win - I think the status quo minus the guns would be ideal.
    NOW you got it. Thank you mecha/crazynotion.
    --
    --

La censure est la negation de l' esprit. (Censoring is the negation of thought) --Yvirnig
    --

Hehe, MrUnknown, you make your choice and even any killer or opressor can find reason for his way of life...

Don't want neutral to join cause of the clan, i know they'll join if Clanners go victorious as I know they'll join OT if the corp win war...

We can see this kind of people in every conflict...

"Kill, make war, we're working with your money" could be a nice neutral slogan...

((
    Here are some views I see a viable neutral views:

Just stop it with all the killing.

Stop it.

Understand?

No more killing. No more. Easy.

No winners. No loosers.

---

War? What war? Let me play with my notum chips. Or: let me make my mutants.

----

Kill'em! Kill'em all! Omni/Clan/Neutral, I don't care! Have them all whacked!

---

War? Oh, let it never end! As long as there's war, I have customers.

))

I am sure I can think of a whole bunch more views and ways of being which fit as neutral views.

Re: The neutral joke

In every conflict, the hardest thing to do is to take position. Do you really think staying on the line is a brave choice ? Let me laugh...
    Indeed, I believe it is… It is the choice of respect for all, without prejudice. It is the choice for a free and independent life, without warfare. It is not a choice of people who run away from the conflict, but from people who are above the conflict because they see the absurdity of it and the misdoings on both sides and do not wish to be part of that.

If you believe for one moment that being neutral is being an opportunist, then your knowledge of neutrality is very poor indeed. Neutrality means less resources and less possibilities. And yet, it is something that we are not willing to give up. If this is difficult for you to understand it is only because you do not comprehend the soul of the neutral people, who are in all their diversity and contrasts, a proud people.

Our cities, and yes I call them ours, have always been and hopefully always will be a save heaven for all of you, where all of you are welcomed without distinction. The fact that this often ends in the killing of neutral guards and traders is deplorable, but one can only hope that one day all of you will become a little more “neutral” and so the lives of all citizens of our planet will be worth living.

Yarko

Talking :)

Neutrality isn't a faction. It's effectively all the other two thousand three hundred and twenty seven minority factions neatly clumped into a bunch for easy identification.

Oh, and a bunch of other people too.

We can make broad sweeping statements about the options available to neutrals and the pressures put on neutrals by external forces (OT, Clan, ICC, etc.)

We cannot make broad sweeping statements about the philosophy and politics of neutrals. Because there are more philosophies and political standpoints than there are neutrals in the neutral community

There are probably quite a few neutrals who are neutral simply because they haven't made up their minds which side of the fence to sit on. But to mistake all neutrals for that is very short-sighted.

((and from here on in please realise I'm remaining entirely IC))

My reason? I personally believe in a stable, safe Rubi-Ka in which everyone has their needs addressed based on their requirements and available resources, in which everyone strives together for the common good and towards establishing a solid, viable presence in the galactic community.
    I believe in a strong government that can keep the citizens of this planet safe from the depravations of those who are unhappy with their lot and cannot adapt themselves to the society they live in to better their position. I don't believe that everyone is fit for self-governance, since there are far too many who would simply abuse their power or use brute force to achieve their objectives to the detriment of the existing society.

That's my reason.

Oh wait - I'm not neutral, I work for Omni-Tek

Hehe, MrUnknown, you make your choice and even any killer or opressor can find reason for his way of life...

Don't want neutral to join cause of the clan, i know they'll join if Clanners go victorious as I know they'll join OT if the corp win war...

We can see this kind of people in every conflict...

"Kill, make war, we're working with your money" could be a nice neutral slogan...
    1) i'm a fixer, not a killer.2) Real neutrals would not join any side: they would stay neutral.Which is what the whole thing is about. And why we are barking at the "OMNI 0wz0rs you" argument.
    3) You are being a troll. We had a nicely going discussion happening before you showed up here. It's not like ragnar posts every day on those boards..
    --
    --

--

Weren't clanners the ones that rage about self government, about breaking away from Omni rule?

Yup

Unless a lot has changed in the very recent past, then yes: self governance and out from the yoke of the corporate oppressor sounds a lot like Clan talk.

On Old Earth a country gained its independence from its rulers through passive resistance. This tactic was led by a man named Gandhi and it was a brilliant tactic.

Neutrals need not "fight" Omni-Tek or the Clans. They can simply refuse to cooperate. And if Omni-Tek or the Clans chose to slaughter people who are not actively threatening them but simply with dignity refusing to cooperate with them, will the ICC stand idly by?

Remember, the most important thing to Omni-Tek is the lease on this planet.

ICC

Originally posted by Miria
    On Old Earth a country gained its independence from its rulers through passive resistance. This tactic was led by a man named Gandhi and it was a brilliant tactic.

Neutrals need not "fight" Omni-Tek or the Clans. They can simply refuse to cooperate. And if Omni-Tek or the Clans chose to slaughter people who are not actively threatening them but simply with dignity refusing to cooperate with them, will the ICC stand idly by?

Remember, the most important thing to Omni-Tek is the lease on this planet.
    I belive the ICC is controlled by some one else or has its own agenda (see my post http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=46322) . so I dont think they will do anything thats not in their own, or the controllers intrests.

Blackpagan
    NLF

Mister_unknown :
    You are being a troll. We had a nicely going discussion happening before you showed up here. It's not like ragnar posts every day on those boards..
    Not very tolerant, this neutral... So i'm a troll just because i decided to fight ?

Personnaly, i give my opinion, but i'm not a neutral killer or anything in this style... I'm against the monopolistic holding of Rubi-ka by an hyper-corporation... In a democratic world, i respect all ideology or no-ideology BUT i can say what i think about the neutral position...

I'm sure a lot of neutral really hope peace for Rubi-ka BUT i know some other just want to earn money with this conflict...

I don't want to see Newland becoming a clan Town...

Join the change, join the people !

[B]

Not very tolerant, this neutral... So i'm a troll just because i decided to fight ?
    /B]
    nope. Cuz you throw us all into the same basket.... although your view seems to be gradually changing....and i am just tird of having the same argument with 100 different people. Hence my new and improved sig.

I respect fighters. I just don't want my name to be pulled out of a lotto and BOOM, i'm suddenly a soldier. cuz then i'dd do what fixers do best....

-Juju
    --
    --

--

hehe, never throw anyone into the same basket...

I'm sure a lot of OT are honest guys... and we'll can all live together when the conflict will be over...

For now, it's sadly impossible...

War isn't only with weapons (perhaps a bit weird from an enforcer's mouth), I agree with Baenre on non-violence revolution, but i think it's an utopia. A lot of nations gained their freedom with blood, and if i must make blood to be free, i'll do it...

War isn't only with weapons (perhaps a bit weird from an enforcer's mouth), I agree with Baenre on non-violence revolution, but i think it's an utopia. A lot of nations gained their freedom with blood, and if i must make blood to be free, i'll do it...
    Yeah, you are so right! Just look at all those revolutionary nations: Russia, China, Cuba, Zimbabwe, USA (CHEAP SHOT!), Yugoslavia, err...

SIDE NOTE:
    is highly obnoxious.

Ancient philosophers, I'm sure, though about what a world without death through violence or pain would mean. Many, I'm also sure, thought that such a world would lack conflict.

Rubi-Ka is a world where death, true death, rarely occurs through violence and pain, and yet these two elements fill out lives in greater amounts than ever. Why?

I am an Omni employee, and have been for all of my adult life I fight against clanners who have invaded Omni cities only because "death" is the only way to eject them from these places and, since they are in hiding, I can only assume they are up to no good.

Who is vulnerable to death here? Only the old, the young, and those who have just arrived. Those who are innocent, those who should be allowed to enjoy their days in peace, and those who have nothing yet to do with the conflict are the only ones truly suffering in this war.

Winning a conflict with weapons can only be done through attrition when there is a way to deplete one side's manpower. We are in a war of attrition. And yet, we cannot possibly deplete our opponent of manpower without targeting the innocent.

The war that is coming will have no winner because no side can win. We are approaching an eternal, bloody stalemate.

Originally posted by Lily Inverse
    Ancient philosophers, I'm sure, though about what a world without death through violence or pain would mean. Many, I'm also sure, thought that such a world would lack conflict.

Rubi-Ka is a world where death, true death, rarely occurs through violence and pain, and yet these two elements fill out lives in greater amounts than ever. Why?

I am an Omni employee, and have been for all of my adult life I fight against clanners who have invaded Omni cities only because "death" is the only way to eject them from these places and, since they are in hiding, I can only assume they are up to no good.

Who is vulnerable to death here? Only the old, the young, and those who have just arrived. Those who are innocent, those who should be allowed to enjoy their days in peace, and those who have nothing yet to do with the conflict are the only ones truly suffering in this war.

Winning a conflict with weapons can only be done through attrition when there is a way to deplete one side's manpower. We are in a war of attrition. And yet, we cannot possibly deplete our opponent of manpower without targeting the innocent.

The war that is coming will have no winner because no side can win. We are approaching an eternal, bloody stalemate.
    I belive you are quite right, sad to say but true

Blackpagan

I belive you are quite right, sad to say but true
    Perhaps the way to end this stupidity would be to shut off the insurance system for a few days. Once the casualties, real casualties start piling up maybe these life-long Rubi-Ka inhabitants will wake up and realize that war is not a game.

OOC: And yes, I do realize how ironic the above statement is, given the context.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast