Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Neutrals are in trouble!

Neutrals are in trouble!

Neutrals are in trouble!

This statement was made by Phillip Ross on August 15th.
    "As for the neutral citizens of Rubi-Ka, until now, we have been happy to leave them alone, as per their wishes. This we can no longer afford to do. The ICC, and Omni-Tek, still considers the neutral population of Rubi-Ka to be employees of the Corporation, and it is time we start reaffirming that commitment."

It seems the worseing situation might make Omni-Tek take over jurisdiction of Neutral cities.

we have no cities, we have no land, we are under OT juristiction but viewed as clanners. how can it possibly get any worse?
    Omni-Pol intelligence report for Peregrinus Praecautus
    Known applicant of Third Faction
    Warning! Record is being accessed by an external source of unknown origin.
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

u are viewed as OT employee's by the ICC and OT, but you still allow clans into your citis (newlnad and Boralise)... Traitors!!
    "It's your life. Keep it up! Keep it real!"

These news are indeed disturbing.

What can we do? Where can we turn? I do not wish to fight, I am not a clanner.

The way I see it, Omni credits are as good as Clan credits. Heck, they pay better. If they let me live in peace and pay me, I won't complain - let them claim what jurisdiction they want.

Unhappy Neutrals - RIP

Looks like the the old FC are kicking the Neutrals into touch.

(sorry for the FC reference I forgot this is an in-chareter posting board but you get the idea)

We are as popular as a Rollerrat in a lucky dip.

So when this comming in? Next patch? or the one after?

We need time to pick a side.

Oh and while your at it if we are omli "Employee's" open the Omli shops to us before the final change date, be fair.

Last edited by Spiritdancer; Aug 19th, 2002 at 13:02:28.
    Donn

I am not an employee...and no matter who says other wise I will not join the corporate goons or the Clans.
    The statement seems to give us the rights of protection like that of Omni employees, which is all well and fine. The problem is Ross's goons have already broken what he has told them to do. He asked them to see us as employees, so they wouldn't be breaking what the ICC has stated. Unfortunatly the morons out there have shown there true colours and continued with there attacks upon our towns and citizens, the Slayerdroids carry on attacking and I am sick of it. Omni-Tek have broken what the ICC has laid down for the, and broken the orders given to them directly by Ross. Its now time for the ICC and the SBC who called them to this order to act.

I don't think its too late for Omni-Tek...I just think unless they show a quick change in behaviour they are signing there own death warrant. It's in there hands. Behave towards the neuts, or bye bye rights to the planet.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

The Facts as they were given.

Below are the news articles as they were given. Please read each one and determine for yourself what they mean.

President Ross' Speech

Thank you all for coming.

This is one of several informational sessions I have held - and will be holding – this week with the many department executives, division heads, and team leaders in the Corporation.

I have called you here to give you a short update on the current state of affairs.

I have been informed by Omni Prime that the ICC – acting on an initiative by the Sol Banking Corporation – has begun an emergency assembly to discuss the growing apprehension over the destabilising political situation on Rubi-Ka.

There is concern among many member corporations that the current situation could lead to an escalation in the conflict between the Corporation and the rebel clans, and that there might be a need for increased ICC presence on the planet to secure the supply of notum, and to ensure the protection of all citizens.

The ICC assembly is discussing the potential need for emergency measures, more ICC Peacekeeper troops on Rubi-Ka, and an evaluation of whether or not ICC regulations are being followed to the letter.

I have been informed that the first day of the assembly has ended, and that the member corporations aren’t yet in agreement as to whether or not drastic ICC action will be necessary.

While Omni Prime is, as always, looking to resolve any issues through the appropriate diplomatic channels, there is evidently intense pressure from some of the other hyper-corporations in the Confederation to monitor and influence the situation, and to assume a more collaborative control of Rubi-Kan affairs.

The ICC delegates continue to meet as we speak, and there is currently no indication as to when the assembly will conclude, or what conclusion the Confederation might reach. For the time being, we have been told to continue with business as usual, and await the ICC's decision.

We have, however, been given a few new directives as a precaution:

With only twenty-four years left on our current lease on Rubi-Ka, it is imperative that we continue our operations with extreme caution.

It has never been more important, never more imperative, that we adhere to all regulations, and that we lay to rest other member corporations' unjustified claims to Rubi-Ka and her resources.

While we can not and will not allow terrorists to jeopardise the Corporation or the lives of our employees, we have to exercise caution in dealing with the terrorist threat. We cannot afford to drop the ball and give our opposition, or competitors, a reason or purpose to act against us.

We have been told to remain diplomatic towards the ICC, obedient towards Omni-Prime, and disciplined in our dealings with the political opposition. There is just too much at stake for any inconsistencies. The Corporation is depending on you to follow its directives.

As for the neutral citizens of Rubi-Ka, until now, we have been happy to leave them alone, as per their wishes. This we can no longer afford to do. The ICC, and Omni-Tek, still considers the neutral population of Rubi-Ka to be employees of the Corporation, and it is time we start reaffirming that commitment.

I expect everyone to stress the importance of our current situation to every member of your department, division, or team. Every single employee needs to be aware of - and in agreement with – our agenda, what we need to do and what we need to not do.

It is your responsibility as leaders to make sure that happens.

Please return to your work, and remember to stay informed about the unfolding situation. The next few weeks will prove extremely important to the Corporation's future on Rubi-Ka, and we need our leaders and executives to be at the absolute top of their game.

Thank you, and have a productive day.

Clan Response

Neutral Response

The words of President Ross are those of a Leader that is concerned with his obligations to the people of Rubi-Ka that he is obligated to defend and protect.

The actions of those few Omni-Tek employees who choose to harm the Neutral Guards in Newland and Borealis are just that. Their actions. And are in no way condoned or endorsed by the rest of us who continue to be loyal to our employer, Omni-Tek.

On a side note, I have family in Newland City and the violence that exists there is a concern of mine as well. If and when the persons responsible for the loss of life are found and brought to trial, I have every confidence that they will be dealt with according to what is fair and just.

I personally, have no anger or hatred towards any who are Neutral in this Conflict. I admire your courage in attempting to live a life that is free of fear and bloodshed.

And I sincerely hope that you can continue to live that life no matter the outcome of these recent events.
    Simon "Mymir" Baptist
    The Boswell Syndicate

I thought Omni-Tek had the backing of the immortal Omegas. Do they care about anything at all except the guy orbiting the planet in his capsule in the asteroid belt? I was under the impression that when the Shadowlands comes out that neutrality was going to be kind of a stupid option once the people on the planet find out that the devil is steering Omni-Tek. I personally couldn't respect anybody who remains neutral in a war between god and the devil. As far as I know the planet is the birthplace of humanity and that guy who killed all normal humans and started Omni-Tek is getting orders from the devil.

And one neutral talking.

And it goes to show why the neutrals think the TIR ACCORD is very incomplete. Because no matter how you say it, I am not an omni-tek employee, and i do not follow omni-tek law. So much for shooting a clanner today.

And any way it goes, i go into 2ho tomorow, and i say i am down there.... i garantee i will get shot at within 5 minutes. 5 minutes is all it will take for me to be dead. Boss Ross speach or not.

Why do you think the neutral Coalition was reformed? For peanuts? We stick together because we are the oppressed minority. We stick together because we can't count on nobody else.

-Jujuwalker
    --
    The nootie's infamous black joker, Jujuwalker :
    RP profile : http://www.ao-universe.com/tools.php...ion=show&id=74
    --

La censure est la negation de l' esprit. (Censoring is the negation of thought) --Yvirnig
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. -- Hunter S. Thompson
    --
    QUOTE OF THE DAY : And remember : you minions SHOULDN'T BE THINKING!

I think what I said in the Rubi-ka Times covers most of it.

But we will not stand to be hounded. We will not stand by and allow you to slaughter our people. WE ARE TIRED OF BEING BULLIED and to be totally honest, it seems the ICC have got tired of allowing Omni employees to go against company policy and bully us also. If the employees step out of line, you're all to blame for the crimes they are commiting. It's a hard way for OT to learn the cost of its, how best do I put it, stupid members but it would seem that is how its going. As for the Clans hmm, hard one really but do we ever expect terrorists to care?

It's in the hands of Omni-tek to keep its employees in order. And for that I welcome what Mr Ross had to say. But calling us employees has unfortunatly upset many, which hopefully he'll address at some point in the near future.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Question Replies to Clanners and Omli's

“Those who control the past, control the future. And those who control the present, control the past.”

George Orwell - Earth Writer in the 20th Century

Only the winner's will write the past here. Omli-tek, if they win will the clanners like your self Mr. Pumpkin will be the devil. If the Clans win the you will have been right. But before this get out of hand on the Religous stakes, thats right religious, I would not dream of infiliting my views on anyone. Who said Omli-Tek gets there orders from the Fallen Angel. Do you know something we dont?

From what old books from Earth say of the Devil we would all be dead by now, if that was the case.

All us Neutrals would like is to be left in peace.

And Mymir

If we are "Employee's" then why can we not shop where Omli personnnel can why can we not go to the Omli City's with out loads of guns and a set of Tank Armour. And then still get "Tagged Out" by the first Guards we see.

oh and one small correction they are Quotes from Neutral People one has signed there name the other has remained anon.

If we are "Employee's" then why can we not shop where Omli personnnel can why can we not go to the Omli City's with out loads of guns and a set of Tank Armour. And then still get "Tagged Out" by the first Guards we see.
    The reason why is exactly what Mr. Ross said. Up until now we have left you alone. Doing exactly what you had asked Omni-Tek to do. However recently things have changed and things will probably change. Up until now, We have filled your stock in your shops, we have allowed you to post your own guards in cities we have deemed neutral areas. But, as Mr. Ross pointed out, the ICC and Omni-Tek in general still consider the Neutral territories Omni-Tek territories. The residents in those designated territories are Omni-Tek's responsibility, meaning thier well being as well as the responsibility to enforce Omni-Tek law and company polices when it concerns those areas.

You (the people who take a neutral stance) have for to long, gone undisturbed, un-policed, and ignored by the exectutive eyes of Omni-Tek here on Rubi-Ka, Unfortunatly the powers that be deem it in the best interest of Omni-Tek to now turn one of its many eyes on the areas you occupy.

Unfortunatly, it is as it has always been, allow someone something for too long they start thinking it was always that away and it is thier god given right to be that way. Unfortunatly for those who take the neutral stance it is back to reality.
    Offer a flower to your enemy..
    If he refuses it, offer a hand
    If he refuses it, offer a bullet
    If he refuses it, give it to him anyways...

Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

Isn't it just a relief when you wake up in the morning and find you didnt wet the bed?!

Beyond your perfection,
    beneath you and who you used to be
    awaits who I am.

Excess Radio! Bringing you tunage 25/7!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Amado Sinsix Arnall

Unfortunatly, it is as it has always been, allow someone something for too long they start thinking it was always that away and it is thier god given right to be that way. Unfortunatly for those who take the neutral stance it is back to reality.
    /QUOTE]

Boy, I never signed any papers making me omni-tek property, and if you can't deal with that, means YOU have a problem. Up to now, i belive you know me enough to understand i don't like people pretending to having some "authoritah" on my black ass. And the day you decide on a change of heart to go clan, you will thank the day neutrals exist.

Until then, don't think you understand neutrals. You don't.
    -Jujuwalker
    --
    --

La censure est la negation de l' esprit. (Censoring is the negation of thought) --Yvirnig
    --

Until then, don't think you understand neutrals. You don't.
    -Jujuwalker

I have been Neutral.

In fact my younger brother and mother are still Neutral.

I have been Clan.

In fact my twin brother is Clan.

And I have been Omni-Tek.

In fact my son and ex-wife are Omni-Tek as well.

If anyone else has as unique an understanding of every side of this conflict as I, then I request you respond with your feelings on this matter.

To the matter of Neutral persons and their future on Rubi-Ka:

You have the great misfortune of being stuck between the two main powers on this planet. And for that, you will be forever an issue to both sides.

According to the Tir Accords, you do not exist. Apart from Newland City, you are given no right to self-rule in any form or fashion.

According to the ICC which has granted Omni-Tek the mining rights to Rubi-Ka as well as considering them the Superior Governing body of this planet, you never existed.

According to President Ross, you will now be dealt with after so long a time of being allowed to determine your own fate. This is not to say that you will be killed or harmed in any way. Just the opposite. You will be allowed to remain in your own lands and life will go on as always with just one difference. You will now be protected by the Superior Government on this planet. This means rights of the justice system, rights against unlawful detainment as well as a better standard of life than you have had before.

But do not be mistaken. Your lives will change in other ways as well.

You will now be held accountable for your actions as those of us in Omni-Tek have been for the past year.

You will also have the responsibilities that come with being an employee of Omni-Tek. Maintaining the peace. Insuring the well-fare of your fellow citizens, adhering to a Moral code that can be strict at times, and lastly, you will be expected to take responsibility for your actions and deeds that in any way harm the Corporation or its other employees.

The main problem I see with this issue is that most of the Neutrals that I know just want to be left alone to lead their lives without any interference from Omni-Tek or the Council of Truth.

The only thing wrong with that dream is that as long as you are not aligned with either side of the Conflict, you will be perpetually seen as a threat to one or the other.

Look at it this way.

If you were Omni-Tek/Council of Truth and you had the protection and safety of your people as your primary concern, would you allow an area so close to your borders to go unregulated or uncontrolled? One that could be annexed by your enemy at any time and then used against you if hostilities were once more enacted?

Omni-Tek is merely doing what is has been granted the authority to do by the ICC as well as the Tir Accords. Do not think for a moment that the Council of Truth would not do the same if given the authority or the chance.

This is not a personal issue.

This is politics.

And unfortunately, Neutrals have been caught in the middle once again.

As an individual I can see your side of the matter. And trust me on this, I do sympathize with what you are about to go through.

As a loyal member of Omni-Tek, I see the political side of this matter. And politically, this is a very wise move by the Company.
    Simon "Mymir" Baptist
    The Boswell Syndicate

Originally posted by Nyadach
    As for the Clans hmm, hard one really but do we ever expect terrorists to care?
    I'm frankly getting a bit sick of the arrogant neo-political neutral stance. I'm all for the neutral cause, but this recent turn towards "we're better than everyone else"ism is wearing a bit thin.

You are neutral. You do not fight. You take no side in the conflict. You live on borrowed land, on borrowed time, and depend on others for food, supplies, and, quite frankly, your livelihood. That is your plight.

But we will not stand to be hounded. We will not stand by and allow you to slaughter our people. WE ARE TIRED OF BEING BULLIED
    I couldn't have said it better myself and that's the whole problem. The moment you stand up for your "rights" and "independence" you are in every respect a member of the clans. Maybe you need to refresh your memory about what the sides really stand for.

The start up room says "Primary goals for the Clans are freedom and spiritual gain. The Clans are opposed to what Omni-Tek stands for and fight to free Rubi-Ka of it's oppressive rule."

The game description says "The rebel clans consist of a number of different factions, all with their own solutions to the current problems plaguing the planet. Some want a political, diplomatic solution - while others resort to terrorism and violence with the ultimate goal of overthrowing the Omni-Tek government."

Everyday the neutrals get more aggressive about their rights, I can't help but just think of you as yet another clan. We are not all terrorists, as much as you might like to think so. Every clan has it's own perrogative, but the overriding theme is the same: "Give us our freedom or we will fight you and take it." From what you have said, how are you any different?
    Clan fixer, Fourth Title

Director of Information
    Analog Myth

Originally posted by Mymir

1 ) I have been Neutral.

2 ) According to President Ross, you will now be dealt with after so long a time of being allowed to determine your own fate. This is not to say that you will be killed or harmed in any way. Just the opposite. You will be allowed to remain in your own lands and life will go on as always with just one difference. You will now be protected by the Superior Government on this planet. This means rights of the justice system, rights against unlawful detainment as well as a better standard of life than you have had before.

3)You will also have the responsibilities that come with being an employee of Omni-Tek. Maintaining the peace. Insuring the well-fare of your fellow citizens, adhering to a Moral code that can be strict at times, and lastly, you will be expected to take responsibility for your actions and deeds that in any way harm the Corporation or its other employees.

4) As an individual I can see your side of the matter. And trust me on this, I do sympathize with what you are about to go through.

5)As a loyal member of Omni-Tek, I see the political side of this matter. And politically, this is a very wise move by the Company.
    Sorry about the 123 thing, but it's gonna simplify things a little.

1) How long have you been neutral. No kidding, how long compadre ?

2)Just as a test, i gridded into 2ho and just hung around. No attacking, not running, not doing anything.

There was, no ****, 50 seconds before i died. I'm surprised to have lasted this far. And this is after boss ross told everyone to watch the fire.

3) See number 2

4) Thank you my man.

5) naaaahhh, it's a political LANDMINE. We neutrals can be a pain in the ass when we start being REAL ironic about things. Expect anything from the neutrals.

-Juju. Neutral. Fixer. It's intended.
    --
    --

--

Originally posted by Luxxan

I couldn't have said it better myself and that's the whole problem. The moment you stand up for your "rights" and "independence" you are in every respect a member of the clans. Maybe you need to refresh your memory about what the sides really stand for.
    Luxxan sugar. I belive the answer you are looking for is.... right..... here....

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=43210

;p
    --
    --

--

That doesn't answer my question, all it does is say you're aware you're neutral. I'm not plugging. I'm not begging you to join the Clans. I'm just trying to understand your motives, your goals, and your drive.

This is the same problem I had with the CoA people. All I want is an explanation for your motives. CoA screams "We want change!" but they don't say what changes they want or why they think these changes would do any good; the neutrals say "We want independence!" but they don't say how that makes them any different from the thousands of others who have wanted, fought for, and gotten the same thing for hundreds of years.
    Clan fixer, Fourth Title

Director of Information
    Analog Myth

Motives

Originally posted by Luxxan
    That doesn't answer my question, all it does is say you're aware you're neutral. I'm not plugging. I'm not begging you to join the Clans. I'm just trying to understand your motives, your goals, and your drive.

This is the same problem I had with the CoA people. All I want is an explanation for your motives. CoA screams "We want change!" but they don't say what changes they want or why they think these changes would do any good; the neutrals say "We want independence!" but they don't say how that makes them any different from the thousands of others who have wanted, fought for, and gotten the same thing for hundreds of years.
    With regards to all this.
    So I have a question where does that leave the NT and the MP who left omli to build the floating city of Jobe?

Do you think they will roll over with out a fight?

Dont think so.

As for my motives I wish to remain as i am because I'm happy.
    Up to now, if I change an become unhappy then wish to coose a side then I will.

I just dont like enforcement. A side in a war is a side, nothing more nothing less. One side wins the other loses, but to wake up one morning and get told "Your comming with us!" is too much. It is the right to choose that matters to me.

I hope that explains My point of View.

Oh as its omli inforcing the change if push comes to shove the Clans look a Leets Hair thickness better, at the moment.

BlackPagan
    NT
    Neutral - And staying that way for the moment

My views

Luxxan is correct - if you're hell-bent on freedom and the right to do as you chose, then you're clan by default.

Neutrals are a conundrum in many respects. If you're supportive of Omni-Tek rule on Rubi-Ka in any way, then by rights you're a member of the Omni-Tek faction.
    If you think you're entitled to self-governance without Omni-Tek, then you're clan. Even if you have no gripe with Omni-Tek directly, a rather dated communique from Boss Ross pointed out that while independent government on Rubi-Ka was the objective, the time is not now. Omni-Tek do not want and will brook no independent government. The neutrals have been left alone (well, not completely squashed into oblivion at any rate) because they represent a route to market with the Clans, and the idea of a neutral area is fantastic for any kind of covert war.

The downside is that can be used against you as well. And in light of the increased pressure from Omni-Prime and ICC I can understand why Omni-Tek aren't interested in playing covert games anymore.

So it comes down to a choice. If you want to retain independent government then you're clan, even if you're happy with Omni-Tek on the proviso that they stay on their side of the fence. If you're happy to accept Omni-Tek security, protection and government then you're Omni-Tek, even if you're a proponent of free trade and a pacifist.

Boss Ross's statement essentially says to the neutrals 'choose. either you're with us or against us.'

As for Jobe, that's a rather special case. They don't officially work for OT but they're sympathetic to OT for the moment. If OT come in and claim them as OT staff, then one of two things will happen:
    1) They'll roll over without a fight, and thus become OT.
    2) They won't roll over without a fight, and thus become Clan.

This is the same for any neutral community, really. The only way I can see of staying neutral is the proviso that both sides continue to turn a blind eye to you and don't adopt a with/against policy. If either side does (and OT seem to be), then the moment you're under the spotlight you're making a choice.

So yes, neutrals as they are have been dealt the short end of the stick. The extremely short end. And for those of you who will keep your neutrality as long as possible I salute your bravery. But it will take more than solidarity to be a recognised faction in the face of the coming political turmoil - especially as OT seem to be taking a 'with us / against us' policy.

I can honestly see the day when OT issue an ultimatum to all neutrals saying something along the lines of 'you have 30 days to use an OT faction form, after which time you will be considered clan by default'. I think it'd blow, but I wouldn't be surprised.
    Last edited by Crazynotion; Aug 20th, 2002 at 14:10:39.
    Crazynotion - Atrox Bureaucrat, RK1

Formerly posted as Mechanita

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast