Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Preliminary 14.5 patch notes

Originally posted by Megabio

You always had the highest self-buffed reflect. You always did have TMS, allowing for 100% reflect.
    TMS doesn't reflect 100% damage. TMS Mark X only protects from 75% of incoming damage and reflects back like 30%...And shuts them down for 2 minutes to do so.

I am an Engy.. I still have a 24% reflect shield. I would throw out my reflect shield any day to let everyone use reflect bracers as they are designed. I don't care if the reflect shields are removed from the game, or made self-only. But nerfing bracers is not the way to fix this.
    ~Chris
    So you see nothing wrong with everyone being able to reflect more damage than a Soldier 24/7 with no penalty nor how it might affect the soldiers in group dynamics?
    History admires the wise, but it elevates the brave. - Edmund Morris

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

I am an Engy.. I still have a 24% reflect shield. I would throw out my reflect shield any day to let everyone use reflect bracers as they are designed. I don't care if the reflect shields are removed from the game, or made self-only. But nerfing bracers is not the way to fix this.
    ~Chris
    Hehe yes cause your 24% reflect shield is useless if you can have a 42% reflection with bracers without any nano costs etc... Do you realy think i'll ever use a tms if i have a 72% reflection with 2 bracers and a 30% buff? Why should i use tms? I'll die after the shield runs out if i have no doc which heals me. Oh and if i have a doc in team i don't need tms. Next thing is if i put my tms on - i loose aggro - the mop switch target and kills the doc.

But I agree 7% for 2 bracers are a way to low. I think 7% for one bracer is a good value. So you can have 44% with 2 bracers and a 30% shield. Means half dmg for over 1 hour for all classes, cause rrf isn't self only.

Originally posted by Kuroshio

TMS doesn't reflect 100% damage. TMS Mark X only protects from 75% of incoming damage and reflects back like 30%...And shuts them down for 2 minutes to do so.

I honestly never saw a "no soldiers allowed" tab on the Bracer Description. Proove if I'm wrong, please.

So you see nothing wrong with everyone being able to reflect more damage than a Soldier 24/7 with no penalty nor how it might affect the soldiers in group dynamics?
    Once again, you can have 72% reflect.. and as a bonus, it's self-buffed. You all need love, yes, I do admit it. But, calling for a nerf isn't the way to do it. It's like trying to make yourself look better on a basketball team by poisoning everyone else to make it so you perform better than them, even if it hurts you in the end.

The nerf affects soldiers as well, and by a lot. All the soldiers use examples where they don't have reflect bracers on. Stop using it. Think about it. You are nerfing yourselves as much as us.
    ~Chris

I posted this on the soldier forum:

Just as a note, it doesn't help pvp... If anything it helps PvM more than anything.. but it screws up PvP more than ever.

It totally nerfs non-healing low HP classes. You know it, I know it. Maybe that's why I hate it so much. Because it nerfs me.. naturally I'll be angry over any nerf, but this has gone too far. If my beacon warp as nerfed (well maybe my team beacon warp I would be heated about) I wouldn't care. Why? Because I didn't have to spend effort to get it.. Heck it's about the most common nano at that level.

However, when you nerf something that takes weeks to collect, you aren't just saying that some easy thing (like a nano, minus GA and NS and such) doesn't work anymore.. You are saying something that takes a long time to get.

It hurts every single person out there happily dancing that "woot they are nerfed". Every single one. Yes, even soldiers. Not flaming you, you did have a right to be pissed I suppose, but you have ruined it for yourselves as much as anyone else. It's like crying that you get to keep your candy.
    ~Chris

I honestly never saw a "no soldiers allowed" tab on the Bracer Description. Proove if I'm wrong, please.

Once again, you can have 72% reflect.. and as a bonus, it's self-buffed. You all need love, yes, I do admit it. But, calling for a nerf isn't the way to do it. It's like trying to make yourself look better on a basketball team by poisoning everyone else to make it so you perform better than them, even if it hurts you in the end.

The nerf affects soldiers as well, and by a lot. All the soldiers use examples where they don't have reflect bracers on. Stop using it. Think about it. You are nerfing yourselves as much as us.
    ~Chris
    First of all I'm not a soldier at all.

2nd, not everyone should enjoy that type of protection with the only real cost being...what? Time spent letting Clicksaver troll missions for you till one pops up?

Nerfs suck. So do increases in taxes, pay cuts, and a ton of other things that might need to be done despite how much it sucks. Cause you can't always simply boost something so the imbalance goes away. And as far as this being PvP oriented, please. The PvPers are a loud bunch but I don't see enough of them to force a gamewide change like this.

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=35808

That's from the forum that FunCom uses as an excuse to urinate on their players on a constant basis.

Half those players are long gone or soon will be.

The remainder who stay after December will have to live with the nonsense caused by those yahoos.

All this does is create a greater imbalence. The only greater one is for the people too lazy to get their own - their own loss, really.
    ~Chris

All this does is create a greater imbalence. The only greater one is for the people too lazy to get their own - their own loss, really.
    ~Chris
    Still didn't answer the question asked and you seem to be winding down. Come on. You created the Troll Corps! You can't let a single, simple logical question stop you!

And what greater imbalance? The couple thousand soldiers and engineers that might be capable of better shielding that the thousands more agents, traders, fixers, crats, NTs, enforcers, docs, MPs, MAs and adventurers that aren't?

Ooo...sorry, that's 2 questions in a row now. Let me know when you've had enough questions that you can't phrase illogical answers in a quasi-ogical way

I wonder..

This makes me wonder if there'll be something useful to put in the wrist slots to replace reflect bracers?

And what the heck is an Anul-whatever?

Very much pleased with the patch notes, myself. Yay, something to do besides sit around at the BS meat market, getting passed on for teams because I don't tank, mez or heal :P

--Sandy

F F S!!!!!!!!!

Dont nerf my damn bracers. Do you know how long it took me to farm my full set of QL200's !!!

Yet another way for you people to lose more customers.
    -Xing

Re: I wonder..

Originally posted by isande
    This makes me wonder if there'll be something useful to put in the wrist slots to replace reflect bracers?

And what the heck is an Anul-whatever?

Very much pleased with the patch notes, myself. Yay, something to do besides sit around at the BS meat market, getting passed on for teams because I don't tank, mez or heal :P

--Sandy
    Arul Saba bracelets were supposed to be tradeskill bracelets that granted bonuses to the wear. But in order to make one you needed to get an Arul Saba gem, which dropped briefly. And you needed to get a blueprint from Arul Saba...Who sadly, never made an appearance.

My hope is that because they went after the gems instead of removing the tradeskill process behind the bracelet, this means that Arul might start lurking around after 14.5...

2nd, not everyone should enjoy that type of protection with the only real cost being...what? Time spent letting Clicksaver troll missions for you till one pops up?
    The real cost being the time and effort it takes to get a full set. Albiet by 'ninja looting' the chests (having the obvious consequences of making a team hard to find) or you can do a bunch of solo missions to get them. It takes a lot of time to get. It isn't a 10 minutes of click saver to get them...

And what greater imbalance? The couple thousand soldiers and engineers that might be capable of better shielding that the thousands more agents, traders, fixers, crats, NTs, enforcers, docs, MPs, MAs and adventurers that aren't?

I don't even get the question so I won't bother answering it. I'll answer it when it makes sense.. please explain it to me.
    ~Chris

hmmm

i don't use reflect bracers so i will not comment on this aspect of the thread

however, i do hunt outside, and man, you don't know how excited i am about this!! woooot!!! more mobs!!! i was expecting another dozen monster camps maybe, but 140?!?! holy **** that is a ton!! level 300 bosses? guess its time to get some teams together and go get slaughtered!!! these changes are something people have moaned about for months and months and months, i am glad they are coming

boss camps being camped? well, i think there are gonna still be plenty of peeps who are not willing to go outdoors and take the risk, that leaves plenty of camps for me outdoor hunting is exciting, i like the risk, i haven't died in a mission in a couple weeks now, being outdoors will add a little danger factor that i think is needed to make the game a little less predictable and safe.
    I am an Asteroid.

I am a drifter. I go where life leads, which makes me usually a very calm and content sort of person. That or thoroughly apathetic. Usually I keep on doing whatever I'm doing, and it takes something special to make me change my mind.

HAHAHA!

playa #2 suckas

The real cost being the time and effort it takes to get a full set. Albiet by 'ninja looting' the chests (having the obvious consequences of making a team hard to find) or you can do a bunch of solo missions to get them. It takes a lot of time to get. It isn't a 10 minutes of click saver to get them...
    So it's balanced to have a form of protection better than that which requires another profession to lose their nanoskills for 2 minutes? That if that type of protection was supposed to be so availible, the profession that can cast it at will never would have:
    1. Had the ability nerfed because of the imbalance it was causing
    2. Have a 1m 20s timer on their best version
    3. Have to spend nanopoints/ncu to use it?

Time obviously is not a factor as people complaining about having already 'farmed' their complete set of QL 200s.

I don't even get the question so I won't bother answering it. I'll answer it when it makes sense.. please explain it to me.
    ~Chris
    You said this:
    ~Chris
    I asked how it creates a greater imbalance. Especially if it hits all people with bracers equally (unlike the LLTS nerf). All the Soldiers and Engineers in the game suddenly outnumber all the other professions combined? So reducing the bracers effectiveness takes away an advantage the minority had?

Or does it actually give an advantage back to the minority that was supposed to have it originally (Soldiers/Engineers). Which also has an affect on their placement in teams...

Editted for formating
    Last edited by Kuroshio; Aug 17th, 2002 at 00:38:56.

Talking bracers

To the bracer guys going nuts, man i would love to see you in the start room of a misisoin with four diffrent mobs attacking you.

eeeek a lasersniper lets do projectile, ohh a few ma's do they use fire or energy this time eeeek.

Man thats some hotswapping id like to see rl.

Me myslef as an ma i use my evades they work, and ohh fixers
    dont evade esp well in ga4 now do they eeek

Cyberbob trying to work out the most effective hotswapping ever

So it's balanced to have a form of protection better than that which requires another profession to lose their nanoskills for 2 minutes? That if that type of protection was supposed to be so availible, the profession that can cast it at will never would have:
    1. Had the ability nerfed because of the imbalance it was causing
    2. Have a 1m 20s timer on their best version
    3. Have to spend nanopoints/ncu to use it?

Time obviously is not a factor as people complaining about having already 'farmed' their complete set of QL 200s.
    How is 72% better than 100% for 1:20? It equals out in 2 minutes, but not many classes besides doctors, enforcers, maybe MAs, and perhaps Adventurers can hold out for 1:20 minutes of 100% reflect. Some can, yes, some can't.

"Farming" infers that you did missions (or used to kill Dodga, but oh my, that was nerfed a long time ago.) a long time to get it. Farming doesn't mean that it took 10 minutes, it means that it took many days but you got it via "farming" missions for it.

You said this:

[I said that it creates a greater imbalence.]

I asked how it creates a greater imbalance. Especially if it hits all people with bracers equally (unlike the LLTS nerf). All the Soldiers and Engineers in the game suddenly outnumber all the other professions combined? So reducing the bracers effectiveness takes away an advantage the minority had?

Or does it actually give an advantage back to the minority that was supposed to have it originally (Soldiers/Engineers). Which also has an affect on their placement in teams...

Editted for formating
    Well, for one, there is no advantage back to Engineers or Soldiers, unless RRFE / Cacoon was made self only. So that argument is thrown completely out of the window.

Next, bracers helped keep low-HP classes that could not heal in the game. Generally low HP classes do a lot of damage, so if they can last long enough to do a lot of damage against the greater opponent (even if they too have reflect) then they might stand a chance.

Doctors are in no way affected by this nerf. (I bring this up because most people said that doctors needed the bracer nerf) Since your posts appear to be everything-goes (not self only), let's assume the doctor has RRFE, HE, and Jobe.

In other words, the doctor has 37% reflect, plus can still CH. All day long. Without running out of nano, assuming it is cast every 20 seconds. (More than enough to tank any profession, if you cast the initive debuff on them.)

If you want the math of that, I'll do it.

15% Hardcore CPU + 15% Gaily Painted Hood + 28% Izgimmer's Obfuscated Recompiler nano-cost decreaser = 58% Nanocost decrease.

Therefore, a Complete Heal takes 588 nano.

Now, assume that the doctor has raised First Aid for the 125 First Aid kits, that give +627 nano.

So, assuming you have the best HE on (235 points, every 15 seconds) along with the First Aid kits (over 2 minutes you have 3 First Aid Kits) and over 2 minutes you have 8 HE hits (1880 nano) plus 3x First Aid kits, 1881 nano. That's 3760 Nano Regan per 2 minutes, or 1880 per minute.

Now, the CH takes roughly 600 nano to cast. So that's 3 heals every minute, or once every 20 seconds. Plus, the average doctor will have around 5k Nanopool to "waste" if you will. So, in case of an emergency (crit, alpha, etc) you can always "waste" some of your 5k base nanopool.

Once again I brought that issue up because of how much people cried nurf to doctors and reflect more than anything (besides the soldier reflect cry.)

~Chris

Originally posted by Lucid Flow

You're whining and you DO NOT have the right to. You're just complaining because there was a NEEDED nerf on some overpwered items.

1) 42% reflection in any given damage type is BETTER then the best reflection shield any given Soldier could give you. Thats overpowered. Combined WITH the 30% Reflection Shield from a Soldier, you basically walked around with a perminant Mirror Shield on, something a Soldier could NOT do.

2) Reflection/Deflection is the Soldiers MAIN ability. Soldiers excell at 2 things. Damage from their gun (and have nanos to enhance that) and DEFENSIVE Reflection. Giving a Soldier an Anti-Reflection nano only solves 8% of the problem, and it doesnt even fit. SOLDIERS DO NOT HAVE OFFESNIVE NANOS. Any offense from a Soldiers nanos is a direct result from their defense (except taunts which are hardly offensive). Soldiers aren't the only profession complaining about Reflection Bracers. Every other profession is. Only Soldiers should be able to reach the insane amounts of Reflections that you can get. No other profession should have that ability.

3) You are being immature and selfish simply because you will take a very needed hit because you were much overpowered not only int he Arena but in PVM too.

4) Reflection Bracers for every profession other then a Soldier is like 1k Healing Bracers with no disadvantage for every other profession. Would you feel raped by having your main ability usable by every other profession? I would.
    I totally DISAGREE WITH YOU. Reflection bracers were HARD AS HECK to get. It took my char almost 1 year to get to title 6 and to get his title 6 bracers. Now you are totally nerfing all my reward for hard work, both in finding the bracers and in being able to FINALLY use them.

This NERF and yes that is what it is is unacceptable. If it goes through, I am unsure how much I will play the game anymore. Why? As many have pointed out, its all about damage. ATM I can solo aces and real means with RRFE and my 2xproj or 2xmelee bracers.

You say soldiers can't get what I have...um why not EVERYONE can if they try hard enough. Everyone CANNOT get rrfe everytime they need it. Let me tell you, doing a 190+ mission without rrfe is a huge difference than doing it with it.

You want to nerf something, make RRFE self only. At least keep the bracers unique and rare enough that IF you make it to 190 and IF you find title 6 bracers, you are rewarded enough to use them.

7% wtf is that? from 40% to 7% is worse than the UVC crit nerf. Let me tell you what this means to me, an agent who for the first time in 40lvls could actually solo because of bracers.

NO BRACER/NO RRFE: MOB 1 hits you for 400pts of damage.
    RRFE: MOB 1 hits you for 300pts of damage
    1x20% bracer: MOB 1 hits you for 200pts of damage
    2x20% bracer: MOB 1 hits you for 100pts or less of damage.

Bascially using tactics and these bracers I am able to solo. Without them I am NOT.

WHY is PVP ALWAYS messing up PVM. Sorry folks but pvm is what gets you to the lvl where you can pvp. Whiny soldiers can bite me. Instead of taking away, you, the game developers should actually GIVE something to a class that might feel gimped by this.

/rant off

Sorry folks but I am digusted with these patch notes and I will have to think on my future in this game.

SUGGESTION: Balance, dont go swinging the game completely the other way you dumb developers, make bracers UNIQUE or make them so you can only use 1xeach kind of damage. 20-21% is hella better than 7% and something most title 6 player could stomach.

The bracer nerf doesnt balance PvP. They were almost worthless against half the professions. They were effective against soldiers / agents and all others who couldnt do dmg of different types. Against MAs it makes no difference. The solution could have been simple, allow other professions to switch dmg types too.

Also what profession is the best tank now after this? Enforcer? No. Soldier with 1:20min 75% reflect to ALL dmg types. The soldier will take half the dmg the enforcer take and wont be far behind on hp. Also now the flashpoint will be overpowered again. Soldiers want this now they are undisputed #1 tank profession, almost unkillable with TMS as they been all the time, and they can use their flashpoint to KS player kills and get their l33t titles. They still wont rule 1vs1 as a doc will still own them as megabio pointed out. PvP "skill" is yet again all about having 3 buttons to press to fire 3 specials instantly and get the kill. Balance? Yeah right... You solve exactly NOTHING with this nerf. Imagine how uber the smurfs will be now, they are harder to kill than any person with RRFE and bracer today. After 14.5 you wont even be able to protect yourself effectively against their CHS alphas and yet wont be able to hit them unless you are one of 2 professions who can debuff them so their GA goes OE. Maybe you designers at FC should go try some actual high lvl PvP someday and learn how this game works before you make such decisions as this.

And to the MA who said evades work, maybe you should try play something else than the profession with green evades and best evade buff in game before giving other professions tips like that?

The biggest result of this is huge nerf to solo and small teams in PvM. You think the new bosses sound cool? Yeah they might be cool for the 2-3 guild which have docs and soldiers enough to have a soldier with TMS tank entire fight and docs to heal them. For the other 99% of the population you can just forget doing them. It was much of the charm with this game to me, we could kill all bosses except Tarasque with just 2-3 ppl because of the bracers.

Code:
               `.                         '.
                 '  Dear Funcom,            '
                  '                         .
                 '   When am I getting my   '
                '       kamikaze bot?      ' 
               '                           '
                '     Sincerely,            '
                 '        Seppubot          '
                '...........................'
    /tell Numeric

--:o IS NOT .
    [Khaln]: it's teh small and soft
    [Khaln]: BUT
    [Khaln]: I need teh large and hard

20% every 20 min for TK? Now THATS a serious DE-nerf
    It ain't over till the fat lady falls on you.

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast