Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Preliminary 14.5 patch notes

I ain't banned because I haven't used any swear words and I haven't threatened anybody. I might've wished for bad things to happen to people. But hey, I'm not gonna help karma do its job.

All I've done is spam and I'm done with that. I've gotten my point across and further posting serves no purpose unless the Dev's decide to issue further clarificaiton.

I'm sorry if my trying to be as acidic as possible without crossing the boundaries hurts your eyes. What is happening with the manner in which game changes get implemented hurts my eyes.

Cosmik, why do you guys even bother having a discussion thread on patch notes? For all the yelling that's gone on over these things over the duration that AO has been out not once has the player input stopped or changed something was supposed to be implemented.

Thumbs up

Yay! outdoor camps! I cant wait!
    Travesty
    martial arts has-been
    freedom fighter
    teen idol

"Dont hate me because I'm beautiful. Hate me because Im sleeping with your girlfriend."

Uhhhhhhhhh

This is surprising. I ws expecting about 10 camps at best. Its funny thinking where they'll stuff them all. Maybe they'll covert the newbie yards into a new lvl 300 Boss camp.

Arul Saba thingies. If anything I thought people would be angriest over this. Heh.

Bracer nerf - I wanted to PvP recently. Y'know, the test it out thing. I read a lot posts and all I kept hearing was Bracer reflect blah blah. Even the great Nulity Sphere can't stop even a point of reflect. Reflect uber this, reflect uber that. The game is based around team play, as they've said before. Soloing is like being Neutral. You can do it, you just get no advantages and its tough.

But crap! 140 camps? It worries me they'll all be stuffed into Lush Fields or Pleasant Meadows with the rest of the last decent camps.
    -- Falling never killed anyone, its always the landing.
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
    RK-1
    |OT|
    Telgi-61 Solitus Enforcer
    Gauf-31 Nanomage Doctor
    Saruzi- -=128=- Opifex Nano-Technician.
    Manstien-44 Solitus Soldier

Originally posted by Rypht
    Cosmik, why do you guys even bother having a discussion thread on patch notes? For all the yelling that's gone on over these things over the duration that AO has been out not once has the player input stopped or changed something was supposed to be implemented.
    Things have been changed from the prelimenary patch notes and the final product that seem related to disscusions. No xp loss to lvl 30 is one I can think off the top of my head. (It ended up being to lvl 20)

Originally posted by Myers

Things have been changed from the prelimenary patch notes and the final product that seem related to disscusions. No xp loss to lvl 30 is one I can think off the top of my head. (It ended up being to lvl 20)
    And some people playing may not have been around long enough to remember the original OE solution they were considering (no 20% buffer and the OE'ed item unequipping itself). Feedback from Test and the forums prevented that from hitting Live
    History admires the wise, but it elevates the brave. - Edmund Morris

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

Bracers were to powerful, simple as that. I am not just saying this as a soldier. They made anyone with TL5 or 6 bracers nigh invulnerable. Tie that in with the fact that all the power gamers camped the Alvin/Dodga bots and have 2 of every type, and it is even more needed.

I doubt this gets seen, but Cosmic/CZ, if you had posted that you were working on such a massive scale of dynacamps and new ultra high level encounters, people would have shut up, quickly. Just letting you know that when it comes to tossing us a bone, quantity is more important than quality I'd have to say.

Looking forward to this patch in a big way.
    Borxet

Seems like a good patch overall, and the bracer nerf should at the least make soldiers a bit more unique.

However as (think it was reality) stated in another threat these outdoor camps better have some really, really good xp and great rewards if not it will be just wasted developers time.

I also hope they don't turn into über camp fests, like tarrasque but even if they do... I guess I might finally get a chance at tarra as everyone else will be doing the new stuff

Well, I could care less about outdoor camps. But npcs actually giving you quests...I am stunned. About time.

I'm happy with the patch concept, lets hope it is fullfilled when it hits live.

As far as the nerf on bracers go, I never support any nerf. All it means is that the developers didn't know what they were doing when they first implemented it. Perhaps more quality control and testing on your part will help in keeping nerfs to a minimum.

Yay for semi interaction/content in this game.

NPC giving quests

Sorry if this is a dumb comment , but don't NPC's already give quests?

I read a post somewhere where someone said that nobody ever talks to the NPC's. So I just walked up to a random NPC in Newland City, said hello, and he started talking about this problem he was having. He ended up giving me a multi-part quest.

Maybe isn't what you meant, or maybe I just got lucky. Based on that experience though, I have to assume that there are a great number of quests out there that maybe people are overlooking.
    Last edited by Danjaq; Aug 25th, 2002 at 19:36:21.

IF you really want to take less damage in PvM, Bio, whyncha just find some Shielding bracers?

AFAIK, they said "Reflection" will be nerfed... shielding may not be.

I will swallow these words if I am wrong.

edit: Words have been swallowed. Thanks, Devis!
    Last edited by Kiryat-Dharin; Aug 16th, 2002 at 21:28:32.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

yay bracer nerf

but I do agree with bio .. I hope the TL6 bracers become 7% bracers and bracers become unique .. however this probably won't happen because there are those that would exploit to get 2 bracers on.
    I agree with the nerfs (critting on an engie for 300, that just isn't right)
    Eth, remind me to fight you again after the bracer nerf hehehe

And Kiryat:
    Sheilding bracers do a set amount of blocking not a % like reflect (which is what I though the reflect bracers where going to be switched too) so a Bracer of Sheilding 7 . only sheilds 7pnts .. not 7%
    Devis 194 Agent Retired
    Xxdevisxx 200 Engi
    ----------------
    VASHBot A simple and secure guild/raid bot for AO
    VASHBot Forums

Ah.

Well, guess I'll be dumping shield bracers from now on.

Still happy about the bracer nerf, though. Gives my soldier friends a little bit of uniqueness back.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Originally posted by Kuroshio

Now I would consider agreeing with you, that this was done for PvP, except for one thing: Soldiers.

I don't agree with all the complaints they've made over time. But one thing that does appear to be a valid enough complaint for this reflect bracer nerf was the comparable effectiveness and how it was affecting group dynamics. And I know you've been around long enough to know what would happen if the Soldier's reflect damage was boosted instead of the bracer reflect damage was dropped. I know you remember the TMS + Slayerdroid = incredible levelling rates.

THNX!!! I agree you to 100%!

I remeber that time too.. Soldiers leveling like crazy.... and all other professions were 10-20 levels beneth. That was in the very beginning.

Originally posted by Bionitrous
    Maybe you should look around a bit.

I'll tell you who I have no respect for:

- The game designers. Gaute Godager specifically.
    - FunCom's programming staff and Database designers.

and ....

that's about it. Basically the 1's and 0's people working on this game I consider useless, no-talent wastes of office space.

I respect:

- My fellow players
    - Newbies
    - Ragnar Tornquist
    - Tommy Strand
    - AO's graphic designers

I think they have raped this game till it is dry and dusty shell of what it could have been. I think they suck the life out of it with each and every nerf. I think they listen to players only when they see it as an opportunity to turn the screws tighter us.

I hope they never touch another game. I would not lose any sleep over the people responsible for mangling this game being unemployed for the rest of their lives. It would serve as a lesson for the rest of those who plan a career in game design.

Raph Koster learned his lesson. Blizzard knows what they are doing. People seem to enjoy Asheron's Call.

EverQuest is now the model for Anarchy Online? I don't respect those people and I respect their followers in Oslo even less.

Why does FunCom have to ruin a game that I so very much enjoyed playing and one that I've been impressed by the backstory and atmosphere?
    Please quit. By posting your endless whinings and I-hate-ya-all-jerks-I-know-better-than-you stuff, you're hurting your own pride by keeping giving out money to FC's staff. You show no respect for the PvPers either. I don't have anything against people for whom PvP interaction is not attracting. For your info, PvPers are those who are the more thoroughly involved in testing out game mechanics inconsistencies, and pointing out exploits, flagrant unbalances, and gameplay flaws. When they do complain about something, that means they often tested the issue hundreds of times, and couldn't come with any easy-to-code process that would fix that issue, other than (for exemple) a plain and simple nerf. I feel you show much disrespect for a good part of the players community, who (as far as I'm concerned) are far from being as griefing-arguers as you are.

This is a good patch, and I very much like the changes it brings into the game. Or at least, they do sound good to me. Wether those changes will be rightly or wrongly implemented is another story, though.

I'd have added 3 months on my subscription time if I saw a line stating "Soldiers line of Reflect Shields is now self-only." But hey, that is a good start.
    - Scarlito -

Re: Preliminary 14.5 patch notes

Item changes:

Bracers of Reflection have been changed to be less effective. You will now only be able to get a maximum of 7% reflection against a particular damage type, not up to 42%.[/B][/QUOTE]

/flip

I knew this before you posted this and I have thought it over and it still sucks.
    ~Chris

funny how angry ppl are if they have now less reflection with bracers. Best thing funcom ever made was decreasing the reflection amout on bracers. Hey do you really think that 2 bracers (42%) reflection is ok? This is 12% more reflection as our best sol nano shield has! and that isn't ok! Oh yes we have or 1.20min tms with (75%) but hey it's only 1.20 mins and we have a 2 min nano shutdown if we use it and we only use it in a emergency situation. Think about it! 42% reflection all the time, never runs out, costs no ncu, stronger as best sol shield was a big fault and thx funcom they fix it now.

If you want better reflection play a sol. If you want your 42% reflection bracers then i want a first aid kit witch heals me for hmmm 10k dmg and i can use this first aid kit every 2sec - so i don't need a doc to heal. You see the point?

Originally posted by "No Evades" Diff
    hmm, how quickly your moods change when the post something that you like. just wait.... you will be back to your normal selfs in the next few weeks

Jup back to my normal self waiting to play EVE-Online beta, in the meantime I'll play ENB.
    ~Chris

ps: some people are probably wondering why I am so pissed about this.. the last fun in the game for me was PvP... now, I am perhaps one of the worst classes again. I used to be able to have a 50/50 chance to kill a doctor.. but I was dead meat against a rooter class. I can live with that...

All this nerf does it completely ruin low HP classes in PvP. That's all it does. Oh.. and PvM.. bio has a good point. I care more about PvP cause I'm level 200, though PvM is important as well. I'm not so worried about PvM as it was boring.. but the only fun I could have has been ruined.

CONSTRUCTIVE IDEA

So with reflect bracers getting a much needed nerf, lets incrase the effectiveness of AC - becuase it doenst seem to make any difference to have 3000, 3500, or 4500 right now.

John

Originally posted by Whitesand
    funny how angry ppl are if they have now less reflection with bracers. Best thing funcom ever made was decreasing the reflection amout on bracers. Hey do you really think that 2 bracers (42%) reflection is ok? This is 12% more reflection as our best sol nano shield has! and that isn't ok! Oh yes we have or 1.20min tms with (75%) but hey it's only 1.20 mins and we have a 2 min nano shutdown if we use it and we only use it in a emergency situation. Think about it! 42% reflection all the time, never runs out, costs no ncu, stronger as best sol shield was a big fault and thx funcom they fix it now.
    You always had the highest self-buffed reflect. You always did have TMS, allowing for 100% reflect.

If you want better reflection play a sol. If you want your 42% reflection bracers then i want a first aid kit witch heals me for hmmm 10k dmg and i can use this first aid kit every 2sec - so i don't need a doc to heal. You see the point?
    I am an Engy.. I still have a 24% reflect shield. I would throw out my reflect shield any day to let everyone use reflect bracers as they are designed. I don't care if the reflect shields are removed from the game, or made self-only. But nerfing bracers is not the way to fix this.
    ~Chris

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast