Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Preliminary 14.5 patch notes

that is, if they dont somehow warp to your position(yeah, seen it several times) or doing damage from afar(even through walls). But, enough whining. I really love this game. I remember playing eq, it was fun, until I realised how much camping I had to do. Camping sucks bigtime, truth. I fear SWG, its verant, i hate verant. Verant must die :P No matter. This patch will add alot to the game, being a content patch and all, the next patch will be the big bug destroyer, and hopefully it will not add too much new bugs. Alot of balancing will occur in 14.6 as well I think. No matter, enjoy the game, for if you cant enjoy the game, why play it? (well, you could be addicted to it...)
    "There is a storm coming! Our storm! - Paul Mua'dib"
    ---------------------------------------------
    Randomize argument in scripts!

The magical pony, scene1-5,6

Im glad there are trolls and whiners, gives people something to compare with. Makes the rest of us look better.

"Spam is not just something you do, its a way of life."

OOGA BOOGA.
    ---------------------------------------------

If they changed the qlvl200 bracers to be 7% each I could deal with it. That's 14% and that's fair.

As it is now, I'm going from 32% to 7%. That's an incredible Nerf. If I used to take 680 damage per hit, now I take 930 damage per hit.

It's just not right to put in a nerf like this without some sort of compensation.

My characters are going start getting smacked around silly because of the PvP whiners.

And there's nothing I can do. I can't get better armor on. I can't get anymore hitpoints. I can't compensate for this Nerf.

Turn one of each of my Bracers into a piece of Dragon Armor and I'll shut my trap.

There must be some sort of compensation for the hurt this is going to put on me and my friends. Remember FunCom 'no nerfs without compensation'? Wanna make me find the link?

Bracer change is stupid.

For the record, I hardly PvP. Nor do I have "uber" bracers at the moment. Of course, this is WHY I think the bracer change is stupid.

7% max? Worthless. Why the heck would a char want to waste time with these any more? Right now, I have a 13% melee bracer...and it saves my ass on overpowered Enforcer MOBs. What will that be now? 2%? 3%? WTF good is reflecting 2 points of damage and saving myself from 9 points gonna do me? At least 13% added up to something useful...on a 300-400 point attack, I could chop 52 points off--and that can make a difference in a long battle.

This is yet another attempt at lazy PvP balance. Here's a clue guys...MAKE THEM LESS EFFECTIVE IN PvP ONLY. =P

You know....
    Code:
    If OriginatorType == Monster Then
     ReflectReturnedMeleeAC = 42
    Else
     ReflectReturnedMeleeAC = 7
    Of course, that wouldn't be nearly as easy as just changing the max value in the DB...and actually require some real coding. Since that would probably take until the release of Shadowlands, PvM gets yet another nerf. Yay. Good fun for all those people out there that really dislike PvP.

Now...something that's REALLY ironic...is that Funcom always says "We prefer to release new items with corrected values instead of updating old ones." Of course, this only applies to non-nerfs. See...they could never, say, reduce the Multi Ranged req on a BBI, or make Flurry of Feathers fly... Yet, they can reduce the reflect bracers power, and make Pit Lizard stop flying. It's a wodnerful policy, don't you think? =P

-Jayde
    Last edited by Jayde; Aug 16th, 2002 at 18:44:50.

Just a thought

But has it occured to anyone that this game is based around the fact that there is a WAR going on, and players are suppose to be fighting one another? Clan vs Omni. (with the neuts being caught in the middle) All this whinning about PVP... get a grip people.
    Not that I have ever PVP'd, which I haven't, but at some point I expect to have to defend my home against other players, and being neutral that means both clan and Omni. Did you expect when you bought the game that all you would be doing is running around on a planet at war and not be involved?!
    And to those who will reply that 'But I just RP, I don't fight' Well, then you might want to rethink the whole RP aspect of the game, then. The planet is in strife, and you the 'RP'ers' would then be what, considered civilians? Well, civilians die in war.
    Just remember that the whole story line revolves around PVP and the Omni-Clan struggle. They are not going to remove the PVP from the server, as it IS THE STORY! Sheesh!

Flame away, fanboys...

Re: Just a thought

Originally posted by Neuromncer
    But has it occured to anyone that this game is based around the fact that there is a WAR going on, and players are suppose to be fighting one another? Clan vs Omni. (with the neuts being caught in the middle) All this whinning about PVP... get a grip people.
    Not that I have ever PVP'd, which I haven't, but at some point I expect to have to defend my home against other players, and being neutral that means both clan and Omni. Did you expect when you bought the game that all you would be doing is running around on a planet at war and not be involved?!
    And to those who will reply that 'But I just RP, I don't fight' Well, then you might want to rethink the whole RP aspect of the game, then. The planet is in strife, and you the 'RP'ers' would then be what, considered civilians? Well, civilians die in war.
    Just remember that the whole story line revolves around PVP and the Omni-Clan struggle. They are not going to remove the PVP from the server, as it IS THE STORY! Sheesh!

Flame away, fanboys...
    I don't think anyone was saying that PvP should be removed. I think people are saying that Funcom shouldn't nerf PvM for the SAKE OF PvP. They have perfect capabilities to make a rules set for PvM and PvP seperate, yet they choose to take the easy way out in making global changes.

That's what's messed up...not PvP itself. Not the fact that PvP exists.

Not to mention, you don't get jack squat from PvP. You don't level. You don't get items. You certainly don't get uber ph4t boss l00t. There's no reason to PvP, making constant gameplay mechanic changes just for its sake very frustrating and pointless.

-Jayde

Bracers and PVP

Guys, i will say one thing about the bracers. If the made PVP less fun they really should be changed. it is a universal change that affects everyone the same way. I'm glad they're changing.

I have NEVER PVP'd in this game, but I truly intend to when land warfare comes out. I'm so excited about that and I'm happy as can be that Funcom is actually taking steps to insure that it is as fun as possible. I'm a little weirded out by it, but i am happy.
    Click Click BOOM

www.proveuswrong.com
    BoomDoom - Lvl 146 NT
    Thugdoom - lvl 80 enforcer
    EmissaryDoom - lvl 75 Crat
    ProfDoom - Lvl 57 MP
    Nursedoom - lvl 57 Doctor

Jayde, they are secretly making a lot of Soldiers happy with this change as well. The Soldiers have been rightfully moaning for weeks since the OE Nerf killed their damage output.

By dropping this Nerf on all the players, the Soldier's reflect line looks better in comparison. FunCom thinks this will shut them up for a little while as they have no changes other than a few ranged weapons buffs in store for them.

Your 13% reflect bracer had best give you the 7% cap value or this nerf is even worse than we might have feared.

At a minimum I'm hoping that I can now wear both a Melee and a Projectile bracer and get 7% in each as I have 16% versions of each. That's a small consolation and the game just got dumber once again as I won't be swapping bracers during a mission as I used to do depending on the enemy. But, if my 16's morph into 3's and I have to wear both of them to get 6% against one damage type, I'll have to go totally berserk.

I musta spent two weeks doing lvl160 solo missions to complete my set in order to be more effective in missions. Wonder why I'm pissed off?

hmm, how quickly your moods change when the post something that you like. just wait.... you will be back to your normal selfs in the next few weeks
    -Diff-
    Veteran of Testlive
    Anarchy Online Test Community
    Getting Started on Test!
    Exploits is considered cheating, no one likes a cheater, so don't do it.

The booster pack is focussed on PvP.

Some classes are obviously overpowered in PvP. In this very forum, people have complained about the PvP imbalances to no end.

Having said that, I've got to agree with both Bio and the guy from Stratics.

PvP balance = PvM imbalance

Two sets of rules would be ideal, but I'm not holding my breath.
    Last edited by Blue Cat; Aug 16th, 2002 at 19:12:34.

WOOT!

Good job funcom
    and now for some soldier love?

Nice one FC!
    The hunting sounds great, and see no probs at all with the bracers (since I can't use them being an NT and they terminate Calms). Don't see a problem with it at all...in PvM people can still get reflects caste on them if they want them, so no big loss.
    Nice patch FC!
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Re: Re: Just a thought

Originally posted by JaydeStargunner

I don't think anyone was saying that PvP should be removed. I think people are saying that Funcom shouldn't nerf PvM for the SAKE OF PvP. They have perfect capabilities to make a rules set for PvM and PvP seperate, yet they choose to take the easy way out in making global changes.

That's what's messed up...not PvP itself. Not the fact that PvP exists.

Not to mention, you don't get jack squat from PvP. You don't level. You don't get items. You certainly don't get uber ph4t boss l00t. There's no reason to PvP, making constant gameplay mechanic changes just for its sake very frustrating and pointless.

-Jayde
    Not in this thread, but in others I have heard people ask for a non PVP server, which i just don't understand. As to nerfing PVM to accomdate PVP, we always make the mistake of looking at the now, while FunCom is able to look at the future, while we just guess why they are doing it. I envision a day where THE way to level, and get 'uber ph4t boss l00t', is to turn in your collection of pinkies to a term and get rewarded for your dedication to your side. Something that most people seem to forget, is that when a creature cons 'RED' to you, your chances of dying should be more than your chances of living... people got so use to being able to solo reds, that when something comes out to even the sides, (so that a fight against a yellow is fairly easy, an orange is rather hard, and a red Mob damn near impossible), they feel cheated. Red Mobs should be that, a warning that if you fight it, you will most likely die.

OH MY !!

WOW!!

Impressive!

140 NEW CAMPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OUTDOOR HUNTING IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Up to lvl300 mobs??? WOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More quests! TK fixed! Bracers nerfed! Oh my goodness! This rocks!

No, I am not being sarcastic either.
    - Cyrus Cyblade7 Crown
    - General of Redemption

Still a very good patch ...

The fact remains that this still has the potential to be a very good patch. Funcom is directly addressing one of the most significant issues that continues to plague AO :

BOREDOM DUE TO LACK OF CONTENT

Although I am not high level, I am already beginning to feel the boredom of constant team missions in BS. I am always looking for alternatives to keep things fresh, even if uber loot and xp are not involved in the process.

For example, I have been through SoM several times just to help out friends and also for the sheer fun of it. I love accepting missions in the remote corners of the world, purely for the joy of exploring. In this regard, 140 new dyna-camps, additional boss camps and several NPC quests sounds like a lot of exploration to keep me occupied for some time.

With regard to the reflect bracers, this is as fair a nerf as you are ever going to get. Everyone is equally affected by it and no one is at a particular disadvantage whether in PvP or PvM. I really feel that the negative reaction is unjustified and is overshadowing some extremely positive information in this post.

And, Bionitrous, while I respect your opinion on this matter, your repeated posting on this issue serves no purpose. It only feels to me like you are trying to force your opinion on everyone else. Perhaps you should start a new thread to discuss your feelings on the reflect bracer nerf.

I, for one, would rather hear more about the postive aspects of this patch than be exposed to constant griping by people whose noses have been bent out of joint.
    Skeena - Omni Fixer RK2 [SETUP]
    Mctrout - Omni Doctor RK2 [SETUP]
    Kaarp - Omni Enforcer RK2

86% Explorer - 53% Socializer - 46% Achiever - 13% Killer

Originally posted by "No Evades" Diff
    hmm, how quickly your moods change when the post something that you like. just wait.... you will be back to your normal selfs in the next few weeks
    Did it ever occur to you that this is our normal selves and we just get cranky when things are screwed up?
    Click Click BOOM

www.proveuswrong.com
    BoomDoom - Lvl 146 NT
    ProfDoom - Lvl 57 MP

Originally posted by Lucid Flow

You're whining and you DO NOT have the right to. You're just complaining because there was a NEEDED nerf on some overpwered items.

1) 42% reflection in any given damage type is BETTER then the best reflection shield any given Soldier could give you. Thats overpowered. Combined WITH the 30% Reflection Shield from a Soldier, you basically walked around with a perminant Mirror Shield on, something a Soldier could NOT do.

2) Reflection/Deflection is the Soldiers MAIN ability. Soldiers excell at 2 things. Damage from their gun (and have nanos to enhance that) and DEFENSIVE Reflection. Giving a Soldier an Anti-Reflection nano only solves 8% of the problem, and it doesnt even fit. SOLDIERS DO NOT HAVE OFFESNIVE NANOS. Any offense from a Soldiers nanos is a direct result from their defense (except taunts which are hardly offensive). Soldiers aren't the only profession complaining about Reflection Bracers. Every other profession is. Only Soldiers should be able to reach the insane amounts of Reflections that you can get. No other profession should have that ability.

3) You are being immature and selfish simply because you will take a very needed hit because you were much overpowered not only int he Arena but in PVM too.

4) Reflection Bracers for every profession other then a Soldier is like 1k Healing Bracers with no disadvantage for every other profession. Would you feel raped by having your main ability usable by every other profession? I would.
    I AM TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU !
    lvl 170 soldier
    (Original) lvl 200 Neutral -Soldier-
    Lance"Jovilen" Scheer

Wooo nice.

1. Cosmik, any word on increased xp for monster type mobs ? They ARE twice as hard as humans you know, and hunting outside is a lot more dangerous than missions

2. Why is Bionitrous not banned yet ?

Originally posted by Lucid Flow
    Would you feel raped by having your main ability usable by every other profession? I would.
    Your profession has a main ability? That must be cool. Wish mine did...
    Click Click BOOM

www.proveuswrong.com
    BoomDoom - Lvl 146 NT
    ProfDoom - Lvl 57 MP

Re: Preliminary 14.5 patch notes

Can I hope that this part:
    Originally posted by Cosmik
    [B]Preliminary Build Notes v14.5 (These notes will change before patch-day)
    Static missions:

Many NPCs around the world will now give out static missions (quests). These are assignments given to your character, requiring you to travel around and perform certain services for the NPCs involved. In the end you will receive a reward and experience. While doing these missions, you will encounter new monsters and have the chance to get your hands on new loot. There will be added static missions for all level ranges, and for all professions.
    Combined with this part:
    Originally posted by Cosmik
    [B]Preliminary Build Notes v14.5 (These notes will change before patch-day)
    Item changes:

In a freak world-wide accident, all existing Arul Saba gems have been shattered! These gems are now useless in the creation of Arul Saba bracelets. Their only use now is to sell in shops for money.
    Means that Arul Saba might be appearing somewhere in Rubi-Ka? Especially since nobody said anything about removing the creation process of the Arul Saba bracelets?

/me puts on his Sherlock Holmes hat and grabs a violin
    History admires the wise, but it elevates the brave. - Edmund Morris

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

Looking forward to boss camps... lvl300 mobs... guild... many ppl... lots of casualties... sounds like fun to me. And hehe... arul saba =)

Oh forgot one thing... make damn sure you place some(only a few) bosscamps in the middle of 25% zones... those bosses should drop great loot(not those damn kin of tarasque/izzys last joke/kens little poney IDs)... should make up for some large scale outdoor group PvP
    Last edited by Azton; Aug 16th, 2002 at 19:49:02.
    Azton - 201 Martial Artist, Member of Ragnarök
    Meltim - Inactive Agent

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast