Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Preliminary 14.5 patch notes

Maybe you should look around a bit.

I'll tell you who I have no respect for:

- The game designers. Gaute Godager specifically.
    - FunCom's programming staff and Database designers.

and ....

that's about it. Basically the 1's and 0's people working on this game I consider useless, no-talent wastes of office space.

I respect:

- My fellow players
    - Newbies
    - Ragnar Tornquist
    - Tommy Strand
    - AO's graphic designers

I think they have raped this game till it is dry and dusty shell of what it could have been. I think they suck the life out of it with each and every nerf. I think they listen to players only when they see it as an opportunity to turn the screws tighter us.

I hope they never touch another game. I would not lose any sleep over the people responsible for mangling this game being unemployed for the rest of their lives. It would serve as a lesson for the rest of those who plan a career in game design.

Raph Koster learned his lesson. Blizzard knows what they are doing. People seem to enjoy Asheron's Call.

EverQuest is now the model for Anarchy Online? I don't respect those people and I respect their followers in Oslo even less.

Why does FunCom have to ruin a game that I so very much enjoyed playing and one that I've been impressed by the backstory and atmosphere?

Originally posted by Bionitrous
    The thing is that the whining has to stop. Soldiers should have been given an 'Anti-reflect' nano.

This really messes up the way I play the game. I'm being affected by something that has nothing to do with me.

I go into a mission alone and now I'm going to be hit for potentially tens or hundreds of thousands more points of damage before I meet my objective.

7%? WTF is that? FunCom takes every opportunity to stiff the normal player. Level requirement Nerf, Trader nerf, Agent pet nerf (is this needed now with OE NERF), pet Nerf, Nerf, Nerf, Nerf, it's getting sickening. Over and over and over NERF.

I enjoyed switching out for melee mobs, shooters, MP mobs. Just one more thing to make the game 'hit Q and forget'.

I'm really losing respect for these people.
    You're whining and you DO NOT have the right to. You're just complaining because there was a NEEDED nerf on some overpwered items.

1) 42% reflection in any given damage type is BETTER then the best reflection shield any given Soldier could give you. Thats overpowered. Combined WITH the 30% Reflection Shield from a Soldier, you basically walked around with a perminant Mirror Shield on, something a Soldier could NOT do.

2) Reflection/Deflection is the Soldiers MAIN ability. Soldiers excell at 2 things. Damage from their gun (and have nanos to enhance that) and DEFENSIVE Reflection. Giving a Soldier an Anti-Reflection nano only solves 8% of the problem, and it doesnt even fit. SOLDIERS DO NOT HAVE OFFESNIVE NANOS. Any offense from a Soldiers nanos is a direct result from their defense (except taunts which are hardly offensive). Soldiers aren't the only profession complaining about Reflection Bracers. Every other profession is. Only Soldiers should be able to reach the insane amounts of Reflections that you can get. No other profession should have that ability.

3) You are being immature and selfish simply because you will take a very needed hit because you were much overpowered not only int he Arena but in PVM too.

4) Reflection Bracers for every profession other then a Soldier is like 1k Healing Bracers with no disadvantage for every other profession. Would you feel raped by having your main ability usable by every other profession? I would.
    Last edited by Lucid Flow; Aug 16th, 2002 at 17:45:36.

PVP tweaking

1. UBERTHANKS for more content.

2. PVP tweaking. I avoid PVP for the simple reason is that it is hard to get a fair fight thanks to items that need to be balanced.
    Personally, if they can get the balance a bit better than I will join the peeps asking for persistant battlelines, PVP content, Missions involving PVP, Capture the flag arenas, bloodsports, recoRubiKa wrestling, formalized betting booths for matches, street fighting, variable control of cities, missions deep in enimy terriory, suppression gas removal grenades, and black ace sport matches (footballs where fatalites are a penalty).
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

Bio, I respect your mind, and I respect your core point...

But for most people I think that this just isn't the massive gameplay change you are implying.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Gaute said in the dev chat that the areas available for land control would be restricted, and that hunting grounds for example would be off-limits.
    I sincerely hope that this is the case.
    Skeena - Omni Fixer RK2 [SETUP]
    Mctrout - Omni Doctor RK2 [SETUP]
    Kaarp - Omni Enforcer RK2

86% Explorer - 53% Socializer - 46% Achiever - 13% Killer

The thing is that the whining has to stop. Soldiers should have been given an 'Anti-reflect' nano.

This really messes up the way I play the game. I'm being affected by something that has nothing to do with me.

I go into a mission alone and now I'm going to be hit for potentially tens or hundreds of thousands more points of damage before I meet my objective.

7%? WTF is that? FunCom takes every opportunity to stiff the normal player. Level requirement Nerf, Trader nerf, Agent pet nerf (is this needed now with OE NERF), pet Nerf, Nerf, Nerf, Nerf, it's getting sickening. Over and over and over NERF.

I enjoyed switching out for melee mobs, shooters, MP mobs. Just one more thing to make the game 'hit Q and forget'.

I'm really losing respect for these people.

My only gripe with you is not the fact that you are mad about bracers being changed, its the fact that you blame players when in fact you should blame the way Funcom handles the change.

A change to the bracers was needed for pvp, and that does not make pvpers whinners. I agree that a change was not warranted in pvm though.

Changes in this game are needed, and we the players, have a duty to help this game change. BUT, we do not control how the powers that be, implements those changes

Please address your flames to the right people!

Read this info to educate yourself on what pvpers want!

Originally posted by Greystar
    Most is cool stuff, except

As predicted by me, in another futile attempt to balance PvP and of course again because of the whining of some few PvPers, PvM is getting way harder ;(

How long until you do what I and many others said since the release of the game ?

Disconnect PvP from PvM completely, make all spells and items have 2 property sets, one for PvP, one for PvM. You will never balance PvP or PvM as long as you do not do that, there is no chance of succeeding if you continue this way.

Originally posted by Joramon
    Cosmik! Cosmik! Cosmik!
    You are the man! Good work!
    This is going to be awesome!
    the vote is still out on that,
    I've seen him in a thong
    Adan "Arkii" Drapkin
    Opifex AdventurerEmail Me

Yes, this is the biggest change to PvM and it hurts me badly. I'm sad to see this happen to me.

Oh, I guess something needed to be done for PvP. But why did I have to be hurt?

Lucid, TL 6 bracers and RRFE was not NEARLY as powerful as TMS. TMS reflects 75% against ALL dmg types. If you were fighting mass PvP against MAs, crats, NTs etc they were almost worthless because those could switch dmg type at will. They were good PvM only.

So basically this is just a huge nerf PvM done with the excuse of trying to balance PvP. Well guess what, docs still gonna own everyone with instacast CH and slow debuffs in 1on1 PvP. Reason I never bother PvP is this horribly imbalance, FC has shown no clue whatsoever toward balancing it all they do is nerf PvM instead. Its hard for me to find another word than "incompetence" to describe this so called "solution".

Unless you FC ppl start showing you actually understand how this game works soon instead of listening to whiners, the day I cancel my 3 accounts grow nearer fast. A solution would have been so easy as to introduce weapons or nanos with different dmg types that were fast to equip. But no, lets overdo it and change game dynamics fundamentally instead.

My forecast:

More camping! Yes yes yes! Once people find out that NPC X gives you a mission that will award you with uber item Y, he will be camped and camped some more. And we probably have to kill some heavily camped mob(s) to complete this quest. Sounds like so much fun! If we're really lucky the npcs will despawn as soon as somebody has gotten a quest as well, so even more camping required.

And let's not forget the bosses that drop super duper item Z so that they'll be camped as well! Yay.

Bracer nerf, great I can't wait to tank those veteran enforcers I get in medium _SOLO_ missions now! Thank you for making my solo experience so much more challenging and fun.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seriously I hope this patch won't enforce more camping. And I do hope they will look at mobs for those who SOLO in this game. I don't stand a chance against some of the mobs at my level. One is fine, but if I get an add, I'm toast unless I run.

And, Bio has every right to whine, just as we have the right to post here.

And btw how about the promise of beeing able to solo this game to lvl 200 now? What a total joke...

Look the Bracers used to only go up to about 7 or 10% anyway. Then come what...13.somethin they all increased in value dramatically. Consider this a realization that they were better before. And if you have a problem taking damage don't find a Doc find a Tank. And if you're supposed to be a Tank then you should be used to taking damage and a touch more shouldn't mean much.

The Bracers made anyone with them practically untouchable in PvP. Since more and more people are turning to the PvP aspect of this game and since it is planned on increasing in scale and importance this far out ways a few people who like to solo at high levels. I know this will bring about that FC said you could solo to 200, but the part people like to ignore is that they also said that things were designed to promote teaming and group interaction. So that means you can solo, but that doesn't mean it'll be nearly as effective or in anyway as fast or easy as teaming.

Now go take some damage and work for your experience like most people.

Originally posted by MSag
    And btw how about the promise of beeing able to solo this game to lvl 200 now? What a total joke...
    So all those hundreds of Level 200 players were only able to get there by wearing reflect bracers? LOL
    Drusillus
    Band of Brothers

Level 143 Omni-Tek Chief Engineer

Curator of the Rubi-Ka Encyclopaedia of Armor

Originally posted by calvara

unfortunatly not everone has access to a doc, and using a adv/ma for a healer is all you can do. having the mob hit you for 400 instead of 300 is a big big big difference.

if they do this, they need to lower mob hitpoints or lower mob damage.
    hmmm... well I was in a team of 4 (highest level besides me was lvl 144) yesterday. we had no problem doing a QL191 mission and killing the boss...

I guess I don't see why this is a horrendous deal... It's seemed odd that you could get +42% reflect and stak it with an MKx shield for a total of 117% reflect for 1minute 20 seconds.

Originally posted by Drusillus

So all those hundreds of Level 200 players were only able to get there by wearing reflect bracers? LOL
    He specifically said SOLO. Huge difference soloing a medium mission at level 185 than doing a QL 200 with a team.

Cosmik, on the bracer change... Is that a change to all existing bracers? Or is this a change like with the scopes where the exitsting ones stick around but the new ones aren't as good?
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

Arrow um.....

"In a freak world-wide accident, all existing Arul Saba gems have been shattered! These gems are now useless in the creation of Arul Saba bracelets. Their only use now is to sell in shops for money."

Couldnt you think of a better explination?????????????????
    i think person who wrote that was crackin up'

oh ya, and hooray for new loot

B~

Originally posted by Eurus
    Look the Bracers used to only go up to about 7 or 10% anyway. Then come what...13.somethin they all increased in value dramatically. Consider this a realization that they were better before. And if you have a problem taking damage don't find a Doc find a Tank. And if you're supposed to be a Tank then you should be used to taking damage and a touch more shouldn't mean much.

The Bracers made anyone with them practically untouchable in PvP. Since more and more people are turning to the PvP aspect of this game and since it is planned on increasing in scale and importance this far out ways a few people who like to solo at high levels. I know this will bring about that FC said you could solo to 200, but the part people like to ignore is that they also said that things were designed to promote teaming and group interaction. So that means you can solo, but that doesn't mean it'll be nearly as effective or in anyway as fast or easy as teaming.

Now go take some damage and work for your experience like most people.
    I know soloing wasn't supposed to be the best way to gain XP. BUT, every now and then it is nice to solo a mission. Soloing top level veterans can be downright impossible for some professions, especially now that bracers are getting nerfed. I know my engie will have great use of her 1k runspeed if two veteran enforcers comes after her in a medium difficulty mission. I won't kill 'em, but I sure can run faster than them!

Re: Preliminary 14.5 patch notes

Originally posted by Cosmik
    [B][u]
    Monster changes:

Some new special boss monster camps have been added. The bosses in these camps go up to level 300, and are incredibly tough. They are meant to be multi-group high level encounters. As such they have their own sets of unique loot. They also have some new tricks to keep you on your toes.

I would really hate to see these camps in a PvP area...but of course funcom will put them there.

"challenge" they will call it. "Gank/Deprive the docs and watch them fall" the PvP's will yell.

DON'T PUT THESE IN PVP AREAS!! 90% of the people in the game don't pvp!! (well it could be 85%...)
    Elbo - LVL 220 Top of the line: Supreme Creator Engineer

Making 5 Gem Saba Bracers! Give tell in game!
    Crat - LVL 209! Doc - LVL 170,MA - LVL 106,Fixer - LVL 103,Keeper - LVL 140,, MP - LVL 109, Shade - LVL 165
    QFT: 1800+. EE: 2400+. ME: 2400+. Chem: 1800+ WS: 1900+. Psychology: 1800 Pharm: 1800

Making QL300 AI Armor and Weapons!

Maybe you should look around a bit.

I'll tell you who I have no respect for:

- The game designers. Gaute Godager specifically.
    - FunCom's programming staff and Database designers.

and ....

that's about it. Basically the 1's and 0's people working on this game I consider useless, no-talent wastes of office space.

I respect:

- My fellow players
    - Newbies
    - Ragnar Tornquist
    - Tommy Strand
    - AO's graphic designers

I think they have raped this game till it is dry and dusty shell of what it could have been. I think they suck the life out of it with each and every nerf. I think they listen to players only when they see it as an opportunity to turn the screws tighter us.

I hope they never touch another game. I would not lose any sleep over the people responsible for mangling this game being unemployed for the rest of their lives. It would serve as a lesson for the rest of those who plan a career in game design.

Raph Koster learned his lesson. Blizzard knows what they are doing. People seem to enjoy Asheron's Call.

EverQuest is now the model for Anarchy Online? I don't respect those people and I respect their followers in Oslo even less.

Why does FunCom have to ruin a game that I so very much enjoyed playing and one that I've been impressed by the backstory and atmosphere?
    You need some professional help if you are getting this worked up over a game. Maybe the best thing for you would be to walk away from this game, and find something else to do with your life.
    Grupurt Division 9 [RSGE] Ret.
    Second Nanomage Agent To Hit Lvl 200 on RK1

RK1

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast