Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Preliminary 14.5 patch notes

Originally posted by Bionitrous
    Only talking about the biggest change in these god damned patch notes. Now I gotta go into a mission and take up to 200 pts more damage per hit because of some whiny mother festering sore PvP babies.

I'm getting completely fed up with the jerks at Tir Arena changing the game for me. It's sickening.

This totally changes the way people play the game.

If the idiots on these forums would stop crying for god damned nerfs maybe FunCom could work on making the game better. The second some horse's rear cries out for a nerf it comes down and comes down too god damned hard.

Look what they did to the Agents. Look what they did to the Traders. Now look what they are doing to every player who walks into a mission.

Just because some whiny sub-group of players can't keep their pie holes shut.

Of course a million different viable and 'acceptable' alternatives to the issues the PvP'ers were having were put forth. But that doesn't matter. The apparently mentally retarded game designers at FunCom will always take an opportunity to stick a boot in your rear end if given an opening by even a tiny segment of the playerbase.

Unique bracers given as an option. Bracer changes only affecting what people were whining about (PvP). Nope, they screw over every single player in the game.
    Then leave!

can i have your stuff?
    "It's your life. Keep it up! Keep it real!"

A very easy alternative to the nerf ?

Problem exists only because bracers are rare and only few have them, make them drop in chests with same rate as nano rechargers and problem solved.

That would even have advantages for PvP, as fights will last longer when everyone has them
    RK1 Guild Apocalypse

Dillon "Duradas" Belote, Fixer
    Kiyoko "Selarana" Vallone, Meta Physicist
    Donald "Jorman" Dublin, Bureaucrat
    Burl "Gnorrg" Marinos, Enforcer
    Florence "Florania" Aronstein, Doctor
    ----
    RK3, Arnold "Gideon" Reineman, Enforcer

Most of the time in missions me and my teams don't use reflects at all.

Don't really see the hullabaloo. Bring a healer, silly.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Simpler solution would to be to stop listening to the idiots who hang around at the Tir and Ent arenas.

The the normal people who play the game would not get shafted like this every single patch by the developers who take every single whine from the PvP'ers and an opportunity to nerf the crap out of the normal playerbase.

Originally posted by Jynne
    Most of the time in missions me and my teams don't use reflects at all.

Don't really see the hullabaloo. Bring a healer, silly.
    unfortunatly not everone has access to a doc, and using a adv/ma for a healer is all you can do. having the mob hit you for 400 instead of 300 is a big big big difference.

if they do this, they need to lower mob hitpoints or lower mob damage.

Sad how this turns in a matter of minutes...

This patch looks great - gives us something to do besides missions.

BUT - people have to complain about something so the reflect bracers are it. I play with people who don't have bracers and we do missions just fine. If this helps balance PvP some - great!
    Like the posts above say - use a healer!
    Nursebetti 200Doctor

There are no Doctors at high levels. Solo players don't have a Doc to drag along.

Nobody wants to sit for hours and hours crying out for a Doc.

The jerks who brought this Nerf on us are the same kind of jerks who killed the Traders.

Being a Doc is boring, expensive, and gives satisfaction to few people in it's playstyle. There are no Doc's that actively play at high levels in the PvM game.

Traders got it in the rear from the whining of Docs. Now everyone gets the shaft because of the whining of PvP'ers and number of Soldiers.

I'm sick of it. Every single god damned patch is a pile of Nerf. Non-stop nerfs every single patch. Over and over and over and over. Nerf, nerf, nerf.

When is it ever going to end?

woohoo sounds good.
    more quests, new mobs and new loot i like it.
    finally i can get some outdoor hunting before i hit 200
    i feel sorry for the bracer guys but im happy cuase it makes me in my smurf suit even stronger (cuase i cant wear bracers neway)
    will manex castrophe decembre be in game next patch?

Neophyte Hotpanties
    lvl 198 clan fixer rk1
    Member of Storm

Only talking about the biggest change in these god damned patch notes. Now I gotta go into a mission and take up to 200 pts more damage per hit because of some whiny mother festering sore PvP babies.

I'm getting completely fed up with the jerks at Tir Arena changing the game for me. It's sickening.

This totally changes the way people play the game.

If the idiots on these forums would stop crying for god damned nerfs maybe FunCom could work on making the game better. The second some horse's rear cries out for a nerf it comes down and comes down too god damned hard.

Look what they did to the Agents. Look what they did to the Traders. Now look what they are doing to every player who walks into a mission.

Just because some whiny sub-group of players can't keep their pie holes shut.

Of course a million different viable and 'acceptable' alternatives to the issues the PvP'ers were having were put forth. But that doesn't matter. The apparently mentally retarded game designers at FunCom will always take an opportunity to stick a boot in your rear end if given an opening by even a tiny segment of the playerbase.

Unique bracers given as an option. Bracer changes only affecting what people were whining about (PvP). Nope, they screw over every single player in the game.
    Now I would consider agreeing with you, that this was done for PvP, except for one thing: Soldiers.

I don't agree with all the complaints they've made over time. But one thing that does appear to be a valid enough complaint for this reflect bracer nerf was the comparable effectiveness and how it was affecting group dynamics. And I know you've been around long enough to know what would happen if the Soldier's reflect damage was boosted instead of the bracer reflect damage was dropped. I know you remember the TMS + Slayerdroid = incredible levelling rates.
    History admires the wise, but it elevates the brave. - Edmund Morris

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

yay!

I think this patch will be great! Outdoor hunting may just come alive again. It's nice to have an alternative to missions!

The reflect bracer fix is long overdue. Any reasonable person would see that it is overpowered and that it skews PvP.
    Born on: Wed Jun 27 15:39:10 2001
    Slavor, Soldier, RK1

Best patch ever?

I hope there are 3215081924815 quests.

By the way... why is Bionitrous allowed to constantly spam hate at people all day? On the soldier forum he tells Elizabetha the he hopes something bad happens to her in real life because she was happy about the bracer nerf. Its jerks like this that really ruin the game for me at times, and I would have thought this kind of thing would be against forum rules.
    Last edited by Sheldon; Aug 16th, 2002 at 17:26:38.
    RETIRED

The thing is that the whining has to stop. Soldiers should have been given an 'Anti-reflect' nano.

This really messes up the way I play the game. I'm being affected by something that has nothing to do with me.

I go into a mission alone and now I'm going to be hit for potentially tens or hundreds of thousands more points of damage before I meet my objective.

7%? WTF is that? FunCom takes every opportunity to stiff the normal player. Level requirement Nerf, Trader nerf, Agent pet nerf (is this needed now with OE NERF), pet Nerf, Nerf, Nerf, Nerf, it's getting sickening. Over and over and over NERF.

I enjoyed switching out for melee mobs, shooters, MP mobs. Just one more thing to make the game 'hit Q and forget'.

I'm really losing respect for these people.

I'm looking forward to this patch!!! =)

oh and I agree with Sheldon about that Bion guy...

now now... lets not make this a trolling pvp-screws-pvm thread.

to me this seems like a good patch for all players.

just 1 thing:

i would really like to see the spawn timers on unique mobs set to something more random than they are now. the way it works right now, is that the person/team that last killed (lets say) Nuggets, will have the upper hand at killing hime next time he spawns as well... why? because only the people present at the kill, will know for sure when he will re-appear.

this is not camping... its farming, and would take very little effort to change...

would like to see other peoples oppinion on this matter.

Thumbs up

Great patch, looking forward to it..
    Apprentice Ken "Ravndal" Fecat
    196 Adventurer
    Squad Commander of Mayhem.

looks like a great patch. finally something to do other than missions.

only thing i dont like, is it says there will be quests for every profession, so that probably means 1 for NT's and 7 for every other prof. and the NT quest probably gets you a MP item for a reward.
    OrionNT - Clan Nano-Tech
    Member of The Kinghts of Rubi-Ka

Webmaster @ NanoGods

I'm really losing respect for these people.
    That's funny because if you do a search for Bionitrous' post history, it is plainly obvious that he/she/it has no respect for anyone/anything as it is...
    RETIRED

Great Patch!

Dyna-Camps: Stupendous! Yet another reason to hunt outdoors.

Static Missions: I can't wait to revisit my formerly silent NPC friends!

Boss Camps: Finally, a good reason to organize an org raid!

Arul Saba: Was this an exploit? Doesn't affect me one way or another.

Reflect Bracers: Again, not an issue due to my level and lack of PvP experience.

The Big Question: Presumably the dyna-camps, boss camps and static missions will have us running off to every corner of Rubi-Ka. How will this be affected by the introduction of land control in the upcoming booster pack? Will the overwhelming majority of clan citizens suddenly control access to these vital quests? Will it suddenly become possible for a select few uberguilds to entrench their presence in front of a key NPC or boss mob? Does Funcom see the potential conflict that could arise or has it been addressed by the design team?

This patch looks astoundingly good but I am somewhat worried that I may never get to experience it.
    Skeena - Omni Fixer RK2 [SETUP]
    Mctrout - Omni Doctor RK2 [SETUP]
    Kaarp - Omni Enforcer RK2

86% Explorer - 53% Socializer - 46% Achiever - 13% Killer

Re: Sad how this turns in a matter of minutes...

Originally posted by Nursebetti
    This patch looks great - gives us something to do besides missions.

BUT - people have to complain about something so the reflect bracers are it. I play with people who don't have bracers and we do missions just fine. If this helps balance PvP some - great!
    Like the posts above say - use a healer!
    Some people like to solo... Hence they use Bracers to curb the damage in PvM. This is a bad idea and you saying "get a Doc" maybe fine in "team" play but not for solo.

This should have been done as a PvP only nerf instead of a general nerf to the whole reflect using playerbase.

Just my two credits...
    Othgar
    Omni-Tek Master Assassin
    Skitch
    Omni-Tek NT (Testlive)

Re: Great Patch!

Originally posted by Skeena
    The Big Question: Presumably the dyna-camps, boss camps and static missions will have us running off to every corner of Rubi-Ka. How will this be affected by the introduction of land control in the upcoming booster pack? Will the overwhelming majority of clan citizens suddenly control access to these vital quests? Will it suddenly become possible for a select few uberguilds to entrench their presence in front of a key NPC or boss mob? Does Funcom see the potential conflict that could arise or has it been addressed by the design team?

This patch looks astoundingly good but I am somewhat worried that I may never get to experience it.
    Gaute said in the dev chat that the areas available for land control would be restricted, and that hunting grounds for example would be off-limits.
    RETIRED

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast