Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Preliminary 14.5 patch notes

Re: Docs and healing

Originally posted by Haminie

You are right however, doc's are hard to find, but that's at ANY level. And it's not that they aren't OUT there, it's just that there aren't really any "good" doctors to team with. It's a very intense class that I think some of you need to experience. Maybe it will give you a little more respect for what we do for the team and what we sacrafice to gain YOU levels =(
    Ive played a Doc, and its not an easy path to follow, fortunately it should be easier now they've fixed team info display (hurrah)

No NT in your team, your going to burn through Nanopacks like theres tommorrow.
    Then you have the people who start whining at you as soon as they take 3pts of damage

Being a Doctor is NOT easy, being a good one is extremely hard.

Hmmm,

I know Im not as high as everyone else seems to be. But, I am a Doc.

I SOLO Alot. Why would I need to bring another Doc?

Everyone keeps saying, Get a TEAM.

Or Dont PvP.

I SOLO.

I dont tell everyone how to play, they like to play their way.

If as a Doc, your accepted into a High level team that can Kill so fast that your Not even needed then someone is hunting the wrong stuff. They felt they needed a Doc in the Group for a reason.

Ive been in a team like that once at the NW mines. But you know what? There is always that one stupid Querk or bad Aggro where I was actually a vital part of the outcome. I died tho, but everyone else survived do to the Heals I gave.

The Bracers arent a DOC fix. Dont even try to pass them off as such. These are a PvP whiners Complaint along with a Soldiers Complaint, They have been fixed for one of those two reasons.

And you know what else, this isnt gonna change the need for Docs at all. Since it was for PvP, Docs arent good here. And if its for group, then you just need another Damage dealer to finish them off faster, hmmm MA has DAMAGE and heal.

As for the PvP / PvM break them apart. No I havent Coded an MMORPG. I dont know how to CODE. But standing outside the BOX looking in, it looks like a bunch of FLAGS that can be turned off and on. Playing EQ from BETA, it looks like when someone starts that get X number of flags, once they Decide they would like to turn PvP then they can do something to flip the Flags On. EQ ran them together on same server, and yes as a PvP on a carebear server it sucked( so they would say) but it seemed like there were a handful on each server doing it. Then they made them their own servers with Different rules of combat, seems to me they did this awfully easy.

Im not asking for Completely new SERVERS for PvP.

Im asking that the game be balanced for the Majority of PLAYERS and TURN my PvP flag off, Im tired of getting ganked while going to my mission.
    Last edited by GreyBear; Sep 1st, 2002 at 20:28:32.

I thought people figured splitting PvP and PvM would be easy because FC has already done it to an extent for damage dealing.

Oh, and not everyone's complaining about the nerf. If EVERYONE were complaining about the nerf there'd be no arguement and this thread would have died an energy death back on page 4 or 5.

Probably not. People like to argue.

The is anotherthing I wonder about the nerf. Today I got ONE bracer with 8% reflect on melee. If 7% is the highest then all braces would have to be recalculated so what happens to my bracer. Will it be 4%? Or will it only be effective to 7% even if it says otherwhise?
    Once a gimp, always a gimp

Not actually sure how theyll be doing their recalutating, but stated was 7% will be the highest, and after checking on test theyll be Unique as someone pointed out. Meaning Ur 8% should be something about 1/3rd of what it is now, and ull only be able to carry 1 or wear one, since the retooled the reqs to only allow it to be worn on a specific wrist.

This is gonna suck.

Ok. Then comes the next stubid question. How is this gonna react in accordens to shield buff? Will they add or will those also be 7%? (I got 15% shield on my engi now)

Can I have 7% bracers + 15% shield buff = 23%?
    I just ask because there are so much unaswered question.
    Once a gimp, always a gimp

Havent seen anything indicating that bracers and reflect buffs wont stack like they do today, so I'll assume its 7% bracer only, 37% bracer + RRFE and 82% bracer + TMS.

As for docs needed at higher levels, they arent in 170+ teams anyways regardless of bracers. Plenty of proffesions that can heal, and with 6 170+ ppl shooting a mob the mob doesnt live long enough to do much dmg anyways. And when aggro switches whoever got beaten can just sit down and use their 1000hp treatment packs.

Its only when soloing bracers are important. Or when tanking boss mobs etc, and I suspect thats part of FCs motivation here, bosses beeing to easy. Well I'll ask this, with instacast complete heal and nano rechargers how do you make a boss challenging? Why does Tarasque hardly hit harder than an ace enforcer anyways? Well I guess if thats the case that FC need to rethink again when they see that after 14.5 it might be fixers in GA tanking them.

Arrow

Indeed there is, though apparently it is because Omni-Tek filed a complaint against the ICC (not, oh dear, we have some nasty bugs to fix, we're not going to make that date...)

A QL 200 reflect bracer on test (14.5) gives 7% reflect. Lower QL's scale.

You cannot wear all reflect bracers at same time.

Melee / Projectile / Energy ALL fit on same wrist, can't wear more than one of those three. The other three types fit the other wrist.

Oh, they could go live now, if they were willing to have an eentsy little bug in the game.

Nothing big, just... no implants in stores, and they won't combine even if you DO have the components for them right now. Empty implants don't drop in mission loot, either, just now.

Figures the sadistic bastards would put Melee and Projectile bracers on the same wrist. I really hate those people.

Think there would be any chance in hell they'd do the sane thing and allow a soloer to have 7% melee and 7% projectile?

Now I gotta go whoring around looking for an extended reflect nano every mission.

I really hate what they are doing to this game. I hate it even more that they latch on to the PvP whiners to nerf the normal people every chance they can.

Originally posted by Jynne
    Most of the time in missions me and my teams don't use reflects at all.

Don't really see the h ullabaloo. Bring a healer, silly.
    Actually in team missions usually do not where them because they can disturb calms,,,,but when solo missions or soloing in a dungeon or on dogda quest and future ones allways wear my bracers. So any nerf to them will be missed,and as far as a previous post to this saying not everyone has them,,make them more common,,,not everyone has Tara loot or MK armor either,,, some things on Rubi you have to be lucky to find others need to be lucky and puit time into it. Other than that think patch will be good,,I miss my younger days when hunting was a fun and xp rewarding experience. Sure many can remember being chased through Tir by the temple by a big Garg,or a hunting party thrown into chaos by adds,,, was fun, costly sometimes, but high level hunting is overdue and welcome.

Re: team

Originally posted by Rxseven
    Instead of *****ing about how hard it is to solo now w/o your precious bracers, why don't you just join a team? It's much more effective, and in my opinion, more fun. If you want to solo your way to the top, then play a single player game offline. I just dont understand why somebody would want to solo their way to lvl 200 in the first place.

I also agree that *****ing at the pvpers for whining is a misdirected flame. PvPers have the right to complain about it. It's so unbalanced and gets more so with every patch. Total concentration, trader debuffs w/ OE integrated, doc init debuffs... and on top of that reflect bracers. If you don't pvp, then good for you, but dont complain about us whining. Complain about Funcoms complete incompetence when it comes to patching the game.
    Sometimes one does not find people to team, sometime I personally like to solo,,and for an instance,sometimes when in search of a specific mob,Escaped Old Gargantua for one it is not allways easy to rally people at any given time,,and sometimes ,though I love teaming,its nice to run and solo a bit. Yes PVPers do have the right to complain and have from day one affecting many of the nerfs, but in my opinion they will allways move on to complain about something else and never be satisfied,,you know why,,because in PVP people die,,and its allways going to be the fault of something,,so after this nerf,,what will be the next reason pvp is unfair? Should there be one special race for pvp maybe,,, one that is exactly ,,100% the same as his oponent? No,there shouldnt be, everyone is different and has different gear,and trust me there will never be a perfect balance in it ,it will never happen unless all pvpers are clones of each other and I cant believe that is what is wanted or needed either.
    Last edited by Dienst; Sep 3rd, 2002 at 12:04:12.

Man, this must be one bad patch. Hope they get it working right.

POLL:
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=46138

As of this posting its:
    PvP:..............................14
    PvM till I can PvP:..........41
    PvM:.............................115

PvM is still holding around the 67% range during this Poll.

Anyone Think Cosmik reads this? Has seen the Poll?

I think not, spread the word lets get more people voting, Flood the POLL. Let the DAM break and see where the waters go.

Id like to thank everyone thats voted so far. Thank You.
    Last edited by GreyBear; Sep 3rd, 2002 at 09:01:06.

The jackass PvP'ers who won't shut their pie holes can't even see how they screw the game over both for themselves and others repeatedly. One of them up there starts whining about Traders making them 'over'-equipped. Well, it was the whining PvP'ers who got the whole damn OE garbage into the game. Screwing over PvM'ers in the process.

If the idiots who start to whine when they lose in a 1 vs. 1 duel would actually organize into a team of 6 and go combat another team of 6, perhaps they would actualy have some fun and shut the hell up for once.

6 players attacking one other player in the opposing team who happened to have bracers would kill him by the fact of shear damage type diversity.

Maybe the game designers would then have time to add some content to the game rather than spend precious time catering to the Nerf-mongers.

The day the designers finally open their eyes and decide to ignore those whiners who think the game should revolve around one single solitary player fighting against one other single solitary other player is the day that improvement can finally begin.

AO was pretty well balanced as far as PvP is concerned on the very first day of launch. Take 6 players of various professions and pit them against 6 other players of varying professions and you COULD NOT pre-determine the outcome. It would all hinge on how well the team compositions meshed and what level of skill each team had towards working as a combat unit. Equipment would be so much less a factor as would 'level' to a degree.

I'll continue to bash any selfish moaning from any player of any profession who gets his ass kicked by one other player and wants 'the system' to adjust to the point where every profession is some variant of a soldier.

umm .. what?

I pvp and i don't want this bracer nerf . Seems to me this is more of a pvm nerf. If this was requested then it had to be from a new player not an old school player.

Can you show where a true pvp player asked for this ?

When i ask that, i don't wanna hear from anyone below 150 in level!!

Go to the PvP forum where a bunch of short-sighted PvP'ers all got stiff woodrows when they grabbed the ear of one of the developers. 'The Dev's are Listening' I think was the post title.

This nerf was brought about because those idiots who think fighting one-on-one is what combat is supposed to be all about had difficulty bringing down another player with the Soldier reflect and good bracers. They said it took 'too long' to kill the other guy and was 'unfair'.

It was pointed out by a few people who enjoy strategy and the 'rock-paper-scissors' approach to things that bracers only affect one damage type at a time. They correctly pointed out that the idiots who refused to switch from an Energy attack to a Projectile attack were simply being lazy and preferred a dumbed down version of PvP.

They also didn't bring into account that 3 people attacking with Melee, Energy, and Projectile for example could take out the pest with the nice bracers in no time.

The nerf was 100% brought about by the 1 on 1 PvP'ers who cried 'I can't kill xxxx when he/she/it is wearing bracers and has the Soldier reflect running'. Of course it nerfed PvM tremendously and that probably gave the developer's chubby woodrows at the same time. They can't get enough of the PvP whiners giving them excuses to nerf everybody as a result.

The PvP forum has been a gold mine for the developers when it comes to providing them with excuses to nerf the entire game population. The sad fact is that it's only about 40 people who post on that forum.

If there were to be a Nerf/Boost that would make 6-on-6 or the Camelot nonsense or the Tower stuff more enjoyable and strategic, I'd be all over it in support. This b.s. of catering to the duelers and gankers isn't worth anything when it comes to the long term viability of this game.

Because of the nerfs, I'm sick and bored to tears with playing my high level character. Now they're working towards making twinking alts a chore. They are making so many people look for an alternative to Anarchy Online simply because it's degraded to a pile of of junk where every profession and every character at a particular level basically operates the same.

All because some jerk can't kill a Doctor all by himself in a 20 foot square boxing ring.

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast