Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Preliminary 14.5 patch notes

Originally posted by Bionitrous
    Jerk bags. Ruining PvM for the sake of the whining PvP dill holes.

What the heck is wrong with those PvP'ers that they have to continuously bork up the game for normal people?

This really sucks.
    WAAAAAAAAAH!

Only talking about the biggest change in these god damned patch notes. Now I gotta go into a mission and take up to 200 pts more damage per hit because of some whiny mother festering sore PvP babies.

I'm getting completely fed up with the jerks at Tir Arena changing the game for me. It's sickening.

This totally changes the way people play the game.

If the idiots on these forums would stop crying for god damned nerfs maybe FunCom could work on making the game better. The second some horse's rear cries out for a nerf it comes down and comes down too god damned hard.

Look what they did to the Agents. Look what they did to the Traders. Now look what they are doing to every player who walks into a mission.

Just because some whiny sub-group of players can't keep their pie holes shut.

Of course a million different viable and 'acceptable' alternatives to the issues the PvP'ers were having were put forth. But that doesn't matter. The apparently mentally retarded game designers at FunCom will always take an opportunity to stick a boot in your rear end if given an opening by even a tiny segment of the playerbase.

Unique bracers given as an option. Bracer changes only affecting what people were whining about (PvP). Nope, they screw over every single player in the game.
    WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

There are no Doctors at high levels. Solo players don't have a Doc to drag along.

Nobody wants to sit for hours and hours crying out for a Doc.

The jerks who brought this Nerf on us are the same kind of jerks who killed the Traders.

Being a Doc is boring, expensive, and gives satisfaction to few people in it's playstyle. There are no Doc's that actively play at high levels in the PvM game.

Traders got it in the rear from the whining of Docs. Now everyone gets the shaft because of the whining of PvP'ers and number of Soldiers.

I'm sick of it. Every single god damned patch is a pile of Nerf. Non-stop nerfs every single patch. Over and over and over and over. Nerf, nerf, nerf.

When is it ever going to end?
    ok...I've read enough of this dumb ****. someone please change Bio's diaper and give him a warm bottle....please? or at least a pacifier?
    -------------
    Myles "Tahrus" Barchus
    CEO Freedom News Networks Inc., RK2
    Bureaucrat, Media Mogul, and all-around good guy!

Originally posted by GreyBear

(Clan sitting in Omni City killing Lowbies and repeating it again at the reclaims)
    OR....Omnis following me from the MMD save terminal(in the 75%zone) all the way to the Mort zone line so they can gang up on me while I am IN MY KODIAK, UNBUFFED, WITH NO INTENTIONS OF PVP trying to get to the Dungeon.

*edit* oh yeah, and when I zone back into 75%, sitting at the zone line, waiting for me to go back in.
    -------------
    Myles "Tahrus" Barchus
    CEO Freedom News Networks Inc., RK2
    Bureaucrat, Media Mogul, and all-around good guy!

Talking lmao

Omni really do that to ya?..Cause that's actually funny

anyways.. yes the bracer nerf sucks, im mad that its gonna happin, but what can any of you or I do about it nothing. Just sit tight and wait to be nerfed.

Outside hunting is oh so fine yes agree, but what about that 300 lvl mob beating down on u....do you have a doc ehh do you have a ma ehh do you have a adventurer.....ehh hope there is a save terminal near or you can kiss your 10 20 30+ xp mil goodbye.. :P
    Poor Morphialia Dahunted 210 Adv
    Toohigh Timelapz Rolex 176 Fixer
    From Melee to Pistols and pistols to Melee -I want My pistols back -Morphialia

Wen-tzu Enclave Do Ya really think my XP map will help your boredom with Rock collecting

Re: lmao

Originally posted by Morphialia
    anyways.. yes the bracer nerf sucks, im mad that its gonna happin, but what can any of you or I do about it nothing. Just sit tight and wait to be nerfed.
    The only thing you can do is to cancle your account. But it has to bee many that do it.
    Once a gimp, always a gimp

Closing Account should be the END ALL.

Best thing to do is voice your OPINION.

Complain but dont get biligerant.

Hang on tight and ride the wave. Then as the swell mounts and you heading for the shore, If it looks like Coral reefs, JUMP!

Basically see if there is a give and a take, maybe there is maybe there isnt and if the TAKE is bigger than the Give and your still pissed. Say so, then close account and walk away.

To many from EQ did a back and forth motion.

If you havent Voted Do so, plz.

As of this posting its:
    PvP:..............................10
    PvM till I can PvP:..........34
    PvM:.............................86

Still PvM 66%. Come on tell your friends, Shout it in Chat, send it in EMAILS. Lets get those Voices heard.

I should start this comment by saying that I neither have or use bracers of reflection (as I havent found any or gone to the effort of specifically acquiring them) nor do I PvP.

I think the point I see here is not whether or not the bracers are so powerful or whatever that they should be nerfed, but that funcom are nerfing an item that some people went to alot of specific time and effort to acquire them. Would they have spent all that time for the revised item? I doubt it. How would everyone whos spent ages Tarasque camping feel if all the dragon armour was reduced to 25% power or your Dodga/Alvin shoulderpads or whatever.

Fine nerf them if they must be nerfed but you should give the relevant players something in return (maybe a specific nodrop item for affected people specifically created for this event - ql determinable by the total ql of reflect bracers you get hit - can't be hard to do). This is especially important as the people being hit hardest here will be the high level long term players of AO and these are people Funcom sould be trying to keep on board to promote the game and to assist the lower levels and increase their enjoyment of the game.

team

Instead of *****ing about how hard it is to solo now w/o your precious bracers, why don't you just join a team? It's much more effective, and in my opinion, more fun. If you want to solo your way to the top, then play a single player game offline. I just dont understand why somebody would want to solo their way to lvl 200 in the first place.

I also agree that *****ing at the pvpers for whining is a misdirected flame. PvPers have the right to complain about it. It's so unbalanced and gets more so with every patch. Total concentration, trader debuffs w/ OE integrated, doc init debuffs... and on top of that reflect bracers. If you don't pvp, then good for you, but dont complain about us whining. Complain about Funcoms complete incompetence when it comes to patching the game.

Re: team

Originally posted by Rxseven
    Instead of *****ing about how hard it is to solo now w/o your precious bracers, why don't you just join a team? It's much more effective, and in my opinion, more fun. If you want to solo your way to the top, then play a single player game offline. I just dont understand why somebody would want to solo their way to lvl 200 in the first place.
    Wake Up! You are not the only person playing this game. There are a great many "different" people on Rubi-Ka who like many "different" things and have many "different" play styles. Can you see the operative word here is "Different"???

I'm sorry but you don't speak for everyone here. I love to solo, have solo'd in virtually every online game I have ever played. It was stated by FC that you could solo to LvL 200 when the game was released... Did you miss that somewhere?

This nerf to Bracer's is BS! It's for the whiney a$$ PvP punks that havent put in the time to get bracers for themselves.!.!...

Sorry for the flame but you asked for that one...

Originally posted by Rxseven
    I also agree that *****ing at the pvpers for whining is a misdirected flame. PvPers have the right to complain about it. It's so unbalanced and gets more so with every patch. Total concentration, trader debuffs w/ OE integrated, doc init debuffs... and on top of that reflect bracers. If you don't pvp, then good for you, but dont complain about us whining. Complain about Funcoms complete incompetence when it comes to patching the game.
    I have to agree with your last sentence here... It would have been much better to make this a PvP change only... So that bracers were reduced in power by say 50% in PvP and remain at full power for PvM... But I'm no programmer and have no idea how difficult that would be.

*best Forrest Gump voice*
    And thats all I have to say about that....
    Othgar
    Omni-Tek Master Assassin
    Skitch
    Omni-Tek NT (Testlive)

Originally posted by Kuroshio
    If the nerf of the bracers drops your damage 600%, obviously there's something wrong with the weapon you carry. I'd suggest loading it with am
    I was refering to the fact that the damage of the bracers was nerfed 600%, sorry I didn't make that clearer to the reading impaired.

I'd flame Tahrus for his ignorant reply to Bionitrious, but frankly I can't make him look like a bigger fool than his post already did.

next patch

but will it address the following

wen-wen's dont work
    pets STILL dont path properly
    Schuyler bow uses "melee init" - bow = missile = RANGED
    several construction kits are still non-functional
    living cyber armour - where are the other bits (legs, sleeves etc)
    living cyber armour - newbie armour, how is a lvl 1-35 supposed make it to/through foremans OT OP.

probably other stuff, but i cant remember them all.

Someone please tell the developers, 1 fully working & correctly implemented feature is more rewarding/pleasing than a dozen half-finished/broken features.

Ellisian: 14.5 is a content patch. As far as I can recall, Cosmik and Cz have said that many of those fixes will be in 14.6. They split the two because together it would have been a HUGE patch, and probably neither part would have been put out before October.

BTW, bows are not intended to use Ranged Init. As far as I knew, their proper initiative is Physical Init.

Living Cyber armour (other bits question): Quite a few armor types lack pieces. Kevlar, for example, has no helmet. (Unless you're an agent.)

Getting through OT Foreman's OP: Pretty easy if you get a runbuff. Helps to be an omni once you're in. For clanners, still not that hard if you move fast.

The devs are working on all these things. They will come. Probably.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Red face ! ! ! p M u B

! ! ! p M u B
    . : Oldskule - 87 Martial Artist RK1 Kung Fu Fighter! : .

. : Ternak - 112 Soldier RK1 *Dead* : .

. : Jenerik - 8 Enforcer RK1 Just another generic Enforcer : .

Red face ! ! ! p M u B

! ! ! p M u B
    . : Oldskule - 87 Martial Artist RK1 Kung Fu Fighter! : .

. : Ternak - 112 Soldier RK1 *Dead* : .

. : Jenerik - 8 Enforcer RK1 Just another generic Enforcer : .

Has anyone checked out the new camps and bosses yet? and their loots? i'ld like some locations and what to find there
    BTW the bracenerf is good, should be focussing on the great improvement of more NPC quests and camps

Re: ! ! ! p M u B

Originally posted by Ternak
    ! ! ! p M u B
    ummm its a sticky.

to quote your sig

"You are an idiot! "

sorry just had to say that
    engie + ghetto crowd control + no healing + lowest hp + worst evades + bot who is never around. = worst prof in game

Bump for engie fix

Originally posted by GreyBear

If you havent Voted Do so, plz.

As of this posting its:
    PvP:..............................10
    PvM till I can PvP:..........34
    PvM:.............................86

Still PvM 66%. Come on tell your friends, Shout it in Chat, send it in EMAILS. Lets get those Voices heard.
    hmmm theres just one option missing,

duh, I'm a engie.
    engie + ghetto crowd control + no healing + lowest hp + worst evades + bot who is never around. = worst prof in game

Bump for engie fix

Hmmm, Engies cant do anything? Or are you meaning like 'Would like to PvP but cant based on Player Class' as an Option? If you meant that option, sorry didnt think of it. Figured certain classes were a given as no a PvP type and thus choosen for PvM.

POLL:
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=46138

As of this posting its:
    PvP:..............................12
    PvM till I can PvP:..........38
    PvM:.............................104

Still PvM 67.5%. Come on tell your friends, Shout it in Chat, send it in EMAILS. Lets get those Voices heard.
    Last edited by GreyBear; Aug 31st, 2002 at 11:45:17.

Greybear, perhaps voices ARE being heard, but you don't like what they're saying?

You sound like you think the poll is reporting wrong values, because it's showing that (as most here would have told you without a poll) most people *don't like PvP*.

Actually your half right half wrong.

I dont PvP, never have and never liked the Idea of it But.....

Im not the only one playing.

The reason I keep saying lets get Voices heard is Id like to see alot more peeps vote.

I feel that PvP should be an Option not a must, balancing the game for PvP reasons hurts more none PvPers or Players than it helps, but thats all in my mind since I dont know very many peeps at all that play.

Ive seen alot of Players posting here and on other thread that are mad with every PvM nerf that is to Balance PvP. I was hit with one nerf like 10 months ago SparklingFreedomArms3927. They nerfed it three times I do beleive and then left my character out to dry until the IPR patch, but even the IPR had problems with players not getting full amounts of IP back so I missed it also. Funny thing about PvM / PvP nerfs is that it seems the NPCs stay uneffected by the new rules.

So, recap. Get your friends, enemies, loved ones, anyone to vote. Lets try and get atleast some numbers to show and possibly get some middle ground on these type nerfs.

POLL:
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=46138

As of this posting its:
    PvP:..............................12
    PvM till I can PvP:..........38
    PvM:.............................106
    Last edited by GreyBear; Aug 31st, 2002 at 19:03:01.

Docs and healing

I remember being LFG once in NLC and someone told me there was no need for doctors at higher levels? You know why that is? Because of the bracers most likely.

Now ask yourself a question, who is complaining about the bracer nerf more?

150+er's.....
    Why is that? Because it's incredibly cheap. And OH NO! They're not incredibly cheap anymore, what ever shall they do! I know, let's complain about how much FunCom sucks and we hate them for trying to do something NONE of us could do in the first place. That is manage a very intensive MMO.

Instead of being ass's about it, why don't you just simply state that you don't like it, say why and leave it at that? Instead it has to be drawn out....long....and really quite boring. I had to read 18 damn pages on this single thread and of what? Crap..... People whinning about ONE SINGLE THING.

"Just make PvM and PvP seperate"

Have you ever programmed for an MMO before? Are you SURE it's that simple? Maybe they have thought of that. Instead, you make accusations, ridicule, and riot when they try and balance a delicate game.

Like they said, bring a doc. Higher levels? I've seen lvl150+ people in teams before, they don't need docs. They kill things so damn fast and their evades are so incredibly high that I hardly need to heal at all. Sometimes I leave the team because, frankly, I'm not really doing anything and I could be more helpful with another team who can't kill as fast.

You are right however, doc's are hard to find, but that's at ANY level. And it's not that they aren't OUT there, it's just that there aren't really any "good" doctors to team with. It's a very intense class that I think some of you need to experience. Maybe it will give you a little more respect for what we do for the team and what we sacrafice to gain YOU levels =(

You complain about this nerf and that patch and so on. Read the patch history notes....has their really ever been a serious patch for doctors? No. And now that they do something as simple as THIS everyone is up in arms about it. I've never even HAD a bracer before. And again, the only people complaining about it seem to be the high level peeps anyway. (150+)

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast