Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Preliminary 14.5 patch notes

Originally posted by Whiteboog
    ( why all the abuse against people who pvp, after all i thought this game was rather heavily based on pvp (with the conflict an all)

Pretty Simple, seems that less people PvP than people PvM. Maybe Im wrong but MAYBE Im right.

I started a Poll a few days back and PvM is still running in the 66% range with PvM running the other 34%.

The game pushes PvP? That would explain why Im running thru ENT / TRADE / ROME and watching Clan kill Omni Guards with EASE. That would explain why we can only fight in the AREANAs, Or PvP zones.

PvP should be a choice, just like in EQ. I dont care to be attacked by some GUBBERHEAD wanting to show his UBERNESS. Or a group of PISSERBOYS wanting to create as much grief as possible. (Clan sitting in Omni City killing Lowbies and repeating it again at the reclaims)

They shouldnt try and balance the game based on PvP. Everyone cant be the King of PvP.

POLL:
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=46138

As of this posting its:
    PvP:..............................7
    PvM till I can PvP:..........23
    PvM:.............................59

these patch notes give me hope! AO has alway had a great outdoor zone design with horrible spawns in the wilderness that no one could hunt after a certain lvl. Get people outta missions and i am happy adventurer :P
    Know it all fanboy...

Angry You're next!

To all those who think nerfing bracers to 7% was the best solution I say. Look out, you're next. Doc CH will be nerfed, all PvP heals will be halved, skill debuffs halved, GA will be nerfed, NS will be nerfed, TMS 75%, hah, NERF!!! On & on & on. Oh, here's another one, X-3 & TIM scope Agent only NERF!!!!! Whine it & they will come. While we're at it, Dragon Armor should only be wearable while in Pit Lizard from on Wednsday between 11 AM & 2PM GMT (oh, sorry. Servers are down for another "balancing" NERF). And these short-sighted fools think we'll all pay $20 for a booster pack & then another $40-$50 for an expansion pack. LOL I still think they want the game fail so they can collect an insurance settlement or dodge some taxes. It's about making the most money possible, not the best game possible.
    Last edited by Pneuma; Aug 26th, 2002 at 21:21:06.

Re: You're next!

Originally posted by Pneuma
    To all those who think nerfing bracers to 7% was the best solution I say. Look out, you're next. Doc CH will be nerfed, all PvP heals will be halved, skill debuffs halved, GA will be nerfed, NS will be nerfed, TMS 75%, hah, NERF!!! On & on & on. Oh, here's another one, X-3 & TIM scope Agent only NERF!!!!!
    Hehe, if/when that happens, I'm gone!

Never been much for Pvp myself, I do hope they will do something to make it more interesting, and perhaps even I will start pvp'ing. All the times I've been in the arena Ive been owned by just about anyone my level, and thats no fun.
    "There is a storm coming! Our storm! - Paul Mua'dib"
    ---------------------------------------------
    Randomize argument in scripts!

The magical pony, scene1-5,6

Im glad there are trolls and whiners, gives people something to compare with. Makes the rest of us look better.

"Spam is not just something you do, its a way of life."

OOGA BOOGA.

Originally posted by GreyBear

I started a Poll a few days back and PvM is still running in the 66% range with PvM running the other 34%.

POLL:

As of this posting its:
    PvP:..............................8
    PvM till I can PvP:..........25
    PvM:.............................60

Keeping PvM at the 64% range. Come on People Tell your friends. Lets get some numbers here.

Talking Thank you for not messing with professions

I read the last build notes and was pleasently suprised to find that the professions werent messed with. I chose an mp when mp's were not cool and were extremely hard to play......That is why I picked the charecter a challange. It was disappointing when mps became easier to play and more powerful. Any way back to the compliment Kudos and applause for not touching the charecters. Some charecters will be stronger then others thats umm real life? Keep up the good work and no matter how much people whine please stay true to your vision and leave charecters alone unless its part of your ideas. REMEMBER THEY DONT HAVE TO ALL BE EQUAL. YOU GUYS RULE WHEN YOU DO GOOD.

Sounds good......... ETA SEPT 5??

Aye. 5 sep it is.

Im glad there are trolls and whiners, gives people something to compare with. Makes the rest of us look better.

OOGA BOOGA.

Eh..

Originally posted by Bionitrous
    The thing is that the whining has to stop. Soldiers should have been given an 'Anti-reflect' nano.

This really messes up the way I play the game. I'm being affected by something that has nothing to do with me.

I go into a mission alone and now I'm going to be hit for potentially tens or hundreds of thousands more points of damage before I meet my objective.

7%? WTF is that? FunCom takes every opportunity to stiff the normal player. Level requirement Nerf, Trader nerf, Agent pet nerf (is this needed now with OE NERF), pet Nerf, Nerf, Nerf, Nerf, it's getting sickening. Over and over and over NERF.

I enjoyed switching out for melee mobs, shooters, MP mobs. Just one more thing to make the game 'hit Q and forget'.

I'm really losing respect for these people.
    Bracers arent supposed to be a WEAPON... they're supposed to be a addition to your damage. Like the buffs available that raise your damage by some points. 42% was WAY to high reflect and be glad they left 7% at least. They could have made it a worl-wide incident like the arul saba and then ALL bracers disappears.

Besides, my agent isnt nerfed. Not how I feel. I can sneack ql 200 missions at lvl 138. Good enough for me. When I want to level i just team up and have fun.

I always thought games were supposed to bring happiness and fun into real life. But I see now that some people dont have a life and just lives in the game. Sad.

Btw. I dont PvP. Wish they could make that a seperate game if you ask me.

Have a nice day!

The Arul Saba bracers aint dissapearing, just the arul saba gems.
    There will be new gems of varying ql to replace them. Several types of gems with subtypes. The type defines the ql, the subtype defines what it adds tom the bracer.

OOGA BOOGA.

Originally posted by GreyBear

I started a Poll a few days back and PvM is still running in the 67.25% range with PvM running the other 32.75%.

POLL:

As of this posting its:
    PvP:..............................8
    PvM till I can PvP:..........29
    PvM:.............................76

I always thought games were supposed to bring happiness and fun into real life. But I see now that some people dont have a life and just lives in the game. Sad.

Ok that would be me. goes with my saying I sometime pen in.

GAMES are meant to be FUN, remove the FUN and it is no longer a GAME. -JmS

AO is still fun.

Btw. I dont PvP. Wish they could make that a seperate game if you ask me.
    This is one area I thought EQ had the right Idea.
    Last edited by GreyBear; Aug 28th, 2002 at 10:52:51.

Thumbs up Who0pie!

As long as you skip the level reqs for items/nanos...

/me loves FC... well... a bit anyway... :Þ

BTW!!!...

Hey FC, don't forget to lower mobs reflect damage shields as well!!!

I hate taking 110+ damage for just hitting a mob! >.<

arul saba gems? ive never even found one. now they dont work?

Arul Saba gem --> 0
    :| <-- Arul Saba gimp
    Arul Sabas brother --> =P
    d<-- Arul Sabas left boot
    Arul Sabas cat --> :K
    ;?<-- Arul Saba impersonator
    Arul Sabas favorite food --> #
    <-- Arul Saba is not over there
    Arul Saba is not over here either -->
    -->Perhaps Arul Saba is right here<--
    Arul Saba may be hiding under that rock -------> O
    <--------------------- But I think Arul Saba is way over there

Or perhaps Arul Saba is hiding down there
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    V
    Nope

OOGA BOOGA.

Talking

LOL Joramon!
    "I never threaten, I merely promise"

Dumb question:

Are the only reflect bracers effected the Arul Saba?

Like I stated before all I have is some really crapy reflect bracers, so Im assuming all reflect bracers will be effected.

Someone stated as if they KNEW for a FACT that bracers would become UNIQUE.

PROBLEMO: Ql of title level bracers are much lower than the title level. Ran into this with MA attacks being UNIQUE.

This means your like me, wearing a REALLY CRAPPIE one from say lvl 20 and your now level 60 when you find a Title level 4 Bracer or same type your wearing. You have to DESTROY the one your wearing just to pick the Title level 4 one up. Then your SCREWED twice.

Cosmik
    Can you answer that question?

Question is: Are all bracers becoming UNIQUE (like what the MA ATTACKS were)? Thus meaning you must destroy the one you can use to get the one you cant for several levels?

Last edited by GreyBear; Aug 28th, 2002 at 18:21:23.

Originally posted by Whiteboog

( why all the abuse against people who pvp, after all i thought this game was rather heavily based on pvp (with the conflict an all)
    Mainly due to the fact that a few loudly crying PVPers have seemingly been responsible for MANY nerfs that effect the ENTIRE AO playerbase. This tends to make some of us a little cranky and less kindly disposed towards PVP. FC's near total lack of interest in listening to the majority of it's playerbase gets a tad frustrating as well.

Originally posted by Taragorn
    42% was WAY to high reflect and be glad they left 7% at least.
    What, a 600% drop in damage doesn't seem all that bad to you? Congrats, you can get yourself a job as a FC designer and enjoy spitting in the faces of hard working players too!

Personally I don't care if you PVP or not, nerfs are bad, mmmkay? Also, I'd be careful about talking about how well you can sneak at 138, someone might decide that's too good and nerf you.

Originally posted by Firedrake

Mainly due to the fact that a few loudly crying PVPers have seemingly been responsible for MANY nerfs that effect the ENTIRE AO playerbase. This tends to make some of us a little cranky and less kindly disposed towards PVP. FC's near total lack of interest in listening to the majority of it's playerbase gets a tad frustrating as well.

What, a 600% drop in damage doesn't seem all that bad to you? Congrats, you can get yourself a job as a FC designer and enjoy spitting in the faces of hard working players too!

Personally I don't care if you PVP or not, nerfs are bad, mmmkay? Also, I'd be careful about talking about how well you can sneak at 138, someone might decide that's too good and nerf you.
    If the nerf of the bracers drops your damage 600%, obviously there's something wrong with the weapon you carry. I'd suggest loading it with ammo
    History admires the wise, but it elevates the brave. - Edmund Morris

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast