Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Preliminary 14.5 patch notes

I noticed the rotating stock on test, thats great
    "There is a storm coming! Our storm! - Paul Mua'dib"
    ---------------------------------------------
    Randomize argument in scripts!

The magical pony, scene1-5,6

Im glad there are trolls and whiners, gives people something to compare with. Makes the rest of us look better.

"Spam is not just something you do, its a way of life."

OOGA BOOGA.

Upcoming fixes!

Found a thread with upcoming fixes... possibly for 14.6... read and cry (I mean enjoy)

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=38314

Just got home ( freaaaaaaaaaaking headache ) but these patch notes look -good-.

(and personally this bracer nerf = a good thing)
    Georg 218 doc
    [1809] PT
    Legion
    Web: [http://www.legionhq.org]
    Irc: irc.legionhq.org
    Ts: www.legionhq.org

Uh, Taragorn,

That's the community answers thread, part 4. It's up to part 6 now, (although it slowed down after the notification of the land control booster.)

It isn't, to the best of my knowledge, a list of things that're getting patched Some Time Soon, although we'd like some of them to be.
    Last edited by Sean Roach; Aug 23rd, 2002 at 17:19:04.

Looking forwards to it!

Looking forwards to it!, shame it was pushed back.

patch notes

These are things they are hoping to get into 14.6 which is being the bug-fix patch that everyone has been talking about these past months. It's never been slated for any patch before 14.6 either so it's not been pushed back at all.
    Nusse
    - playing for fun
    Nussefreak eng. #220
    and other Nusses

Nanoworld

Arul Saba is a npc who's going to have mission quests that end in your getting a blueprint for bracers which you build. The gems are what power the bracers once you finish building them.
    It ain't over till the fat lady falls on you.

But will Arul Saba really be in 14.5? All they said was that the gems where destroyed. NOT that they would appear anywhere on Rubi Ka in the future!

So untill I hear someone i fact have found Arul Saba on Test, AND that they where given a quest, then I'm going to start beliving in those bracers...

I checked the database for test. Someone had put it up on a page, cant really remember wich one. There seem to be other, new gems that will probably be able to be used instead. Each sort of different ql and several different effects, I dont know how the Arul Saba gems worked, but if that part of the Db goes live, it might be even better than the old bracers in some ways. Lets hope for the best, k? Dunno, if those old gems were of one ql, but I think the bracers will be able to be used by even lower levels than before, though with lesser effects.
    "There is a storm coming! Our storm! - Paul Mua'dib"
    Randomize argument in scripts!

The magical pony, scene1-5,6

Im glad there are trolls and whiners, gives people something to compare with. Makes the rest of us look better.

"Spam is not just something you do, its a way of life."

OOGA BOOGA.

this game

ok over a year AO still hasn't got thier **** together. they are still fixing problems that should have been fixed in beta.

here is a excellent example of a good competator

Earth and Beyond. this game is in beta. yet since I have the beta I have played it done bug reports and seen this game get fixed, again, and again.
    At this time in the beta I would say its about 3/4 more playable with less bugs then AO after a year of being out of beta and Live. yet E&B isn't slated for Live till october. They are still doing real balancing. they stay ontop of real issues. Things get fixed.

I Will admit that E&B appears less complex. Thats all the more reason for FC to get thier ass into gear. after a years of working on your game you guys still don't seem to know jack about it.

Oh yah the trade skill system appears to work and omg lag isn't insane with 20 or more people in the same spot.

Re: Preliminary 14.5 patch notes

Originally posted by Cosmik
    [B]
    Bracers of Reflection have been changed to be less effective. You will now only be able to get a maximum of 7% reflection against a particular damage type, not up to 42%.
    Bah, bad move funcom. Having a couple title 6 bracers at lvl 190+ is an advantage of being high level in this game. This nerf punishes the people who took the time to go hunt for these bracers and obtain them, and takes away another + of being high level!

I could see maybee decrease the %'s on them a bit, but funcom, your running the bracers into the damn ground, just like you did with trader team heals.

To be honest, I have a couple crappy bracers on now, and got novice without the help of bracers, but was planning on hunting down all my bracers 2 more levels from now ( when i hit 190 ), in hopes of becoming more harder to kill....

Pfft, once again funcom takes away another "Edge" players can get themselves by putting more time and effort into the game than others. Why not just give everyone the same damn gun, hp, armor, items, etc....? That's what it's becoming. An mmoprg shouldn't be about equality all the time, people who put more time and effort into a game should be a tad more "uber" than others....

Well, I guess i can thank all the lowbie whiners who didn't wanna spend the time getting bracers for themselves, got killed, then whined about it, for this nerf....

Later folks....just my thoughts..

Arrow

Yeah, but at least this time they are taking the edge away from everyone unlike the so-called scope nerf...

Originally posted by GreyBear
    Ok Poll is staying pretty consistant at PvM being still in the 66% range.

POLL:

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=46138

Tell your friends if you got any, lets get some responses.

I know there is more people that post on these forums and has even read this thread, but as its appearing FunCom is balancing a Game for all based on what 1/3rd of the player base does or wants to do.

As of this posting its:
    PvP:..............................6
    PvM till I can PvP:..........19
    PvM:.............................50

hehe on a side note got a few posts that amount to nothing but wouldnt mind some peeps bumping them so they dont disappear off the page.

PNG:
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=46963

Shouldnt be to hard, I dont think. Im picturing a relinking to a different texture or graphics only here.

Romes:
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=46962

A bit harder, since I think this will take a second set or Graphics with the Green added, and altering the first set in Red to put Red there.
    Last edited by GreyBear; Aug 25th, 2002 at 04:23:49.

Exclamation !

This patch sux!
    =P (jk)
    Come out with your pants down!

( why all the abuse against people who pvp, after all i thought this game was rather heavily based on pvp (with the conflict an all)

Re: this game

Originally posted by nhaz
    ok over a year AO still hasn't got thier **** together. they are still fixing problems that should have been fixed in beta.

here is a excellent example of a good competator

Earth and Beyond. this game is in beta. yet since I have the beta I have played it done bug reports and seen this game get fixed, again, and again.
    At this time in the beta I would say its about 3/4 more playable with less bugs then AO after a year of being out of beta and Live. yet E&B isn't slated for Live till october. They are still doing real balancing. they stay ontop of real issues. Things get fixed.

I Will admit that E&B appears less complex. Thats all the more reason for FC to get thier ass into gear. after a years of working on your game you guys still don't seem to know jack about it.

Oh yah the trade skill system appears to work and omg lag isn't insane with 20 or more people in the same spot.
    Rofl....

I am in E&B beta too and its damn simple... easy animations, simple skill system.. and boooooring FLy from zone to zone to zone to deliver grain? gaah...

I dont want to be zipping around in my spaceship for hours on end.. I want planet side action. (Although some space stuff is cool).
    Legion
    Beartwo

and a whole litter of bearcubs ...

"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -- Plato
    "You see me now, a soldier, of a 1000 psychic wars...." -- Blue Oyster Cult

Jeesh...I'm about to agree with Bio...

yes...other than your venom, I happen to agree that the rest of us take it HARD up our tooshies just because of PvP whiners. I'm a Trader...I have NOTHING to look forward to. I gimp a team mostly and too many of my nanos are worthless.

Bio, at least this once I agree with you. And what is the reason behind the gems being 'destroyed'?

Originally posted by Bionitrous
    Only talking about the biggest change in these god damned patch notes. Now I gotta go into a mission and take up to 200 pts more damage per hit because of some whiny mother festering sore PvP babies.

I'm getting completely fed up with the jerks at Tir Arena changing the game for me. It's sickening.

This totally changes the way people play the game.

If the idiots on these forums would stop crying for god damned nerfs maybe FunCom could work on making the game better. The second some horse's rear cries out for a nerf it comes down and comes down too god damned hard.

Look what they did to the Agents. Look what they did to the Traders. Now look what they are doing to every player who walks into a mission.

Just because some whiny sub-group of players can't keep their pie holes shut.

Of course a million different viable and 'acceptable' alternatives to the issues the PvP'ers were having were put forth. But that doesn't matter. The game designers at FunCom will always take an opportunity to stick a boot in your rear end if given an opening by even a tiny segment of the playerbase.

Unique bracers given as an option. Bracer changes only affecting what people were whining about (PvP). Nope, they screw over every single player in the game.

Originally posted by ilumo
    i would really like to see the spawn timers on unique mobs set to something more random than they are now. the way it works right now, is that the person/team that last killed (lets say) Nuggets, will have the upper hand at killing hime next time he spawns as well... why? because only the people present at the kill, will know for sure when he will re-appear.

this is not camping... its farming, and would take very little effort to change...
    That one is actualy easy to solve.
    Anyone that for whatever reason got some xp killing a moster with spessial drop gets 12 - 24 hour carantine before he can do or get any dammage from that boss again. He will simply be ignored. That is in dammage given, nano casts, agro, anything. Even healing someone that fights that boss. Then you WOULD get circulations on the boss.
    Once a gimp, always a gimp

The gems were apparently destroyed because the Arul Sabra bracelets have been Nerfed even before making it into the game. The previous modifiers on the bracelets would have made them almost acceptable replacements for the now-nerfed bracers.

Looking at the 14.5 test database, the new Arul Sabra bracelets are 'nice'. But nothing to really set your character apart from any other.

And if there isn't a million billion hours of camping involved like those assinine Soul Fragments or MKII armor involved to get one, I'll eat a shoe.

Welcome to 14.5. Say goodbye to fun and hello to Jack Legchopper Mendez.

Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast