Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Preliminary 14.5 patch notes

Ok, im going to put it simple.

Everyone was crying nerf with the comming of OE...

We get along just fine.

A bunch of people are mad about level restrictions...

I say HURRAY to level restriction on nanos and certain items, all it does is help to even the playing field - And i'll be the first to hop on that band-wagon.

(Before anyone says "why should I suffer because some newb cant use a nano/item at the same time as me" It is because A LOT of people do not have access to Ebay money and/or a High lvl alt that funds your uber implants/items/buffs that would otherwise allow your newb to far surpass another if it were not for lvl restriction. That creates a 'Monopoly' of sorts that is the bane of any interative RPG enviroment.)

And as for the bracer 'Nerf'...

Thank you funcom - this was long overdue.

And for those who are complaining about bracer 'Nerf'...

Such reflection capabilities should NEVER have been possible outside of profession specific nanos. Anyone who says different is not looking at the big picture. If your char was reliant on bracers to get the job done then your a text book newb. Shut up.

Take the damage like a man - Or go sit on your boyfriends lap. Some things are SUPPOSE to kick your @$$.

*** All in all im going to call this a perfect patch. More static missions (w00t) More outdoor hunting (thank u god - maybe NT's will be more wanted in groups now) Long overdue bracer 'Nerf'.***

Thank u Funcom.

Re: Re: Re: Kubaiashi points to something....

Originally posted by Beartwo

Ummm, where does it say that anyone has 100% reflection in my post? I said anyone can get the equivalent of a TMS MK X.

I cant even cast TMS mk X or RRFE until lvl 190 since I needed to get my atk rating over 900.... So most Atrox soldiers will have to gimp their atk to bet those 10 seconds extra.

I am not sure what you are talking about, but this actually gives us a chance to kill someone (although still quite unlikely).

No soldier wants to tms... its 2 minutes of nano shutdown and 99.99% likelyhood of getting rooted. It doesnt matter if we have uber reflect for 1:10 or 1:20. People stop shooting because they know that after that period of time the soldier wont have any shield at all.

Since the healer classes can heal what little dmg we do quite quickly (read instantly) with bracers, this nerf gives us a chance to get a little more dmg in... I cant see how thats bad for soldiers, since doing dmg is the only way we can survive!
    How does it help you out? It doesn't. It doesn't. A doc can still outlast your MK shield, so can any adventurer. It doesn't help you, and you know it. It just makes you look good, but it doesn't do anything for you. You all could get 72% constant reflect, all the time. You always had RRFE for yourself. You could even switch damage types to counteract the affect. So now you call the nerf-bat, when it hurts you more than anyone. (while making everyone pissed at soldiers) Looks like you all got the short end of the stick more than anyone else.

As for you, Tieku, the issue with level restrictions didn't take place with lowbies.. it took place with high level characters. Nanos below level 125 allowed twinkers a lot of room. So your entire point is actually against what you say.
    ~Chris

Originally posted by Bionitrous
    There are no Doctors at high levels.
    Bio plays on the very quiet and seldom visited RK4

Last time I had a Doctor in a group was about 2 months ago. If I get into some group that thinks it needs a Doctor, I leave the group after half an hour of the leader screaming futily. I'm not going to sit around doing absolutely nothing waiting for some group to try to assembe themselves 'perfectly'. That was one of the joys of the game before the Nerfing started last summer. You could just get 5 people and go have fun.

My experience is that all the Doctors have tight play groups or are out PvP'ing. Most Doctors I talk to find themselves disillusioned at how boring the game is after 170 levels and that they wish they were a more involved profession.

This is personal experience, mind you. Maybe they are out there and simply are hidden somewhere. I just don't see any more than 1 or 2 at most Doctors available at any time in NL when groups are assembling. Usually, there are none.

Originally posted by Megabio

As for you, Tieku, the issue with level restrictions didn't take place with lowbies.. it took place with high level characters. Nanos below level 125 allowed twinkers a lot of room. So your entire point is actually against what you say.
    heh...exactly, but why would one expect any sort of deep thinking from a scum sucking nerf monger like Tieku (and some others here)? What ticks me off about most of these nerfs that we've had recently is that they all seem to screw over long time players in favor of a handful of crybaby nerfmongering PVPers. I'm am not saying by any means that all or even most PVPers are like this, just that there are a few very loud whiners sitting around in their soiled Underoos who would rather cry for nerfs than actually work for things themselves.

Eventually the nerf bat will get to them as well, and then they'll cry even more. But I can't wish that on even them, as most nerfs hurt everyone in the long run.

There are no Doctors at high levels. Solo players don't have a Doc to drag along.

Nobody wants to sit for hours and hours crying out for a Doc.

Being a Doc is boring, expensive, and gives satisfaction to few people in it's playstyle. There are no Doc's that actively play at high levels in the PvM game.

There are high lvl docs around, atlease clanside. And having a doc in team i great but a team can survive fine without one. Advents and mas can heal to you know

I dont use bracers, all i got is a pair of low ql melee bracers and PvM si not a problem for me. If you need those bracers to do a 190ish mission well then maybe you should do a lower ql mission?

shattering existing gems??

The notion of shattering all existing abul gems is nuts, these things are insanely rare to begin with, so what if a VERY few players have an edge in getting a bracer made first?!

I personnally do not have such a gem and have, for the whole time I've been playing since release, only known of one person that does have one, i see no reason to penalize him if he's still got it from back when he was 64th ( he's over 180 now ).

The notion of just making them not work is a very poor one. Try again, let those that do have them keep them or change them to whatever gem is going to be used in the bracer if that's whats changing.

To do otherwise is to show a great lack of respect for the customers.

Re: shattering existing gems??

Originally posted by Cheetra

The notion of just making them not work is a very poor one. Try again, let those that do have them keep them or change them to whatever gem is going to be used in the bracer if that's whats changing.

To do otherwise is to show a great lack of respect for the customers.
    is it that surprising though?

"if we can't fix it...remove it." funcom's motto...

14.5 looks like it has nice content, hopefully the long existing bugs will be fixed in 14.6.

WHat about normal outdorr hunting NOT camps you know the kind that you travel along and kill stuff on the way to the place you are going? like vw used to be before they mest up the spawn times like 8 patches ago ?but for higher levels?

Last time I had a Doctor in a group was about 2 months ago. If I get into some group that thinks it needs a Doctor, I leave the group after half an hour of the leader screaming futily. I'm not going to sit around doing absolutely nothing waiting for some group to try to assembe themselves 'perfectly'. That was one of the joys of the game before the Nerfing started last summer. You could just get 5 people and go have fun.
    Whenever I try to find a group in NLC there always seems to be at least one other doctor already LFG.

My experience is that all the Doctors have tight play groups or are out PvP'ing. Most Doctors I talk to find themselves disillusioned at how boring the game is after 170 levels and that they wish they were a more involved profession.
    True dat.

This is personal experience, mind you. Maybe they are out there and simply are hidden somewhere. I just don't see any more than 1 or 2 at most Doctors available at any time in NL when groups are assembling. Usually, there are none.
    1 or 2 is enough for the 1 or 2 groups assembling at any one time.

But hell, if an advent or two MAs can't fill in your healing needs, your group is pretty crappy.

Re: Re: Preliminary 14.5 patch notes

Originally posted by Greystar
    Most is cool stuff, except

As predicted by me, in another futile attempt to balance PvP and of course again because of the whining of some few PvPers, PvM is getting way harder ;(

How long until you do what I and many others said since the release of the game ?

Disconnect PvP from PvM completely, make all spells and items have 2 property sets, one for PvP, one for PvM. You will never balance PvP or PvM as long as you do not do that, there is no chance of succeeding if you continue this way.
    If that is the case then Do this "ALL EQUIPMENT IS NULLIFIED IN
    PvP THAT IS NOT PvP ITEM" and vicea versa. the fix that you ask for is a Programers Nightmare and would have the game crash everytime someone goes to PvP mode (>=%25 gas) it would be
    easier for players to go to a "Locker" and Store their "PvM" and
    Don the accepted "PvP" items. but this too is hard to implement
    as their are going to be places in the Booster that can change in
    a heartbeat to %25 gas making it illegal to be there. Banks could
    work and that would workable solution to it yet annoing.

as for the patch i am all for it. Thank guys.

ok shut up

I simply used lowbies as an example because I did not feel like getting into the complications of nanos 125+

There "Is a problem" there yes but it not serious nor does anyone care. But who am I to speak for others =\

Ahh poor bracer boy need his bottle? Goo goo?

P.S. How do nano 125- allow twinkers room? Are you simple or something?

A level XX requirment is just that. If u aint XX you aint using it.

No room, no space, no if and or buts.

Moron.
    Last edited by Tieku; Aug 21st, 2002 at 01:16:03.

Heh, I have a sudden urge to flame you, Tieku, I really do.

Yet, the little bracer boy who needs his bottle seems to not need to regress to mere flames to proove his point. I think that the fact that you degressed to flames prooves that you no longer have anything to back up your claims with.

Have a nice day.
    ~Chris

Re: ok shut up

Originally posted by Tieku
    I simply used lowbies as an example because I did not feel like getting into the complications of nanos 125+

There "Is a problem" there yes but it not serious nor does anyone care. But who am I to speak for others =\

Ahh poor bracer boy need his bottle? Goo goo?

P.S. How do nano 125- allow twinkers room? Are you simple or something?

A level XX requirment is just that. If u aint XX you aint using it.

No room, no space, no if and or buts.

Moron.
    For someone still in title 3, pls wait until you are 190+ and trying to solo 50% missions with low greens/greens and see how much those melee bracers save ur arse against enf/ma mobs.

A constructive comment from an MA might have been "well they could make soldier shields like they did to MA crits..."

Those crying because of pvp, they are too powerful in pvp. IMO a solution definately needs to be looked into but 7% for a title 6 person is a joke.

okies

nice patch, i had hoped they would make missions easy by eliminating all the doors. they could also make more shrines in a mission with varible 56-82% reflect shielding to please the PvM people and then make a special zone in Aegean call it like 33% gas which has an automatic reflect shield built into the zone, I guess they could make it higher % for soldiers and reduce or completely stop others from healing or they could go to a graduated healing percent based on your PvP title.

back to the missions they could also modify the mobs to have less hp, The Real Means would be easier to kill without the use the reflect bracers i had to ninja loot over the past 3 weeks to acquire. It would be kewl if they made an animation when you bounced of the doorless rooms, kinda like if you were to hit up a shrine it would blast you to the next room with a 5 min timer on the varible 56-82% reflect shielding so you could solo the Real Means with more power to you and less power to the mobs, unless you hit the wall it would drop your reflect shielding but have the added benifit of reducing the Real Mean to a Real Wimp. Then because my alt is a doc i could solo it with no problem, unless they put anti-shrines in the 33% gas and missions where when you activated the anti-shrine you would automatically suck in roughly 26-89% of all damage from any NT area nuke times the regular damage (which will help make the NT's uber until they wishfully release 14.6). The anti-shrines would make you stick to the shrine until you were killed or you cast a swimming debuff, in which case you would be gridded to the underwater atrox city and given some loot from a feeble boss.

Re: Re: ok shut up

Originally posted by Kenidy

For someone still in title 3, pls wait until you are 190+ and trying to solo 50% missions with low greens/greens and see how much those melee bracers save ur arse against enf/ma mobs.

A constructive comment from an MA might have been "well they could make soldier shields like they did to MA crits..."

Those crying because of pvp, they are too powerful in pvp. IMO a solution definately needs to be looked into but 7% for a title 6 person is a joke.
    Hold on tinkletoes. Do YOU have a toon under 100?
    If not, I suggest your roll a new one and find out again how it really is.

These char's are not getting easier, let alone harder at 50% the higher I have been gone. Maybe its because I have maintained the same IP deployment ratio for evades the whole time.

If you have NOT done so then you deserver to sweat it out.
    It ain't over till the fat lady falls on you.

Thumbs down My dear Bionitrous...

"Last time I had a Doctor in a group was about 2 months ago. If I get into some group that thinks it needs a Doctor, I leave the group after half an hour of the leader screaming futily. I'm not going to sit around doing absolutely nothing waiting for some group to try to assembe themselves 'perfectly'"

My dear Bionitrous, u're really a monument of intolerance, selfishness and paranoia.
    LoooL, all this cause u're going to loose your little bracers....
    Your char might be really weak. I solo missions too believe me, but it seems to me that soloing is not the only goal of a MMPORG!
    U just act like an usual whiner, cause HIS toy is broken, lol.
    I'f u'rent happy with this, just leave the game and play solo games.

------------------------------------

Just a question ,are those Dyna camps gonna be PvP zones???Like Camelot?

hehehe

Gromulator, Enf186, RK2

Well, Im no mathematics major nor do I play this game with a calculator. I level I get IP I spread IP over several areas of pointed interest. Im looking at nanos, damage, evades and such.

I do 50% missions, no more no less. Im a Doc. Im taking crits from Sharpers( I think these are the guys) like 2 out of three shots, they are doing almost more damage than I can heal. Heals for me seem to have no cast time but still have a recharge. Turning Down the AGG / DEF slider lengthens the cast time and attack time and NO it doesnt seem to effect dodging abilities like everyone says. Seems like it does if I turn it down like 90% but in that range I might as well spin a mission that is 9 clicks on the easy side and thus GREYS.

And yes thing seem to get harder. I was doing missions fairly well at lvl 90 at 50%. Ive kepts me distribution of points fairly the same over the last 10 levels but now it seems like Im in need of a Doc myself in SOLO missions. Reflect bracers are a help, tho mine are crappie ones at best. NCU space is kinda limited, so I guess making Crappie Bracers even crappier makes all the sense in the world.

I cant see why they just dont remove the bracer slots. I mean, if they want High level peeps to have CRUD that isnt much better than low level peeps. Maybe they want everyone to run to an Engi or Soldier to get Shielding Buff and this isnt a PvP change but a poor attempt to make them a VIABLE [OOC] Doc looking for a Reflect shield, type thing.

Even better, Booster Pack [More items] Youll find new items never before seen on Rubi-Ka. Wow, a Bracer of 23% reflection. {this is a joke, they seem to take away then give back in another way}

No matter what the reason, this hurts the Solo Player ALOT. I dont PvP, didnt buy this game for PvP, could careless about abunch of Hopped up Griefers who love to show how well they can thrash a n00b on his way to a mission. But seems PvPers cant stand that I dont want to play with them.

I play this game for the SoLo end. When that END comes I guess Ill be gone.

So, PATCH AWAY. NERF. ALTER. LEVEL LIMIT GALORE. MAKE THIS GAME INTO EQ.

Just a check:

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=46138

Come vote plz
    Last edited by GreyBear; Aug 21st, 2002 at 11:54:23.

Thumbs up yay

all i want to say is Damn good work Funcom
    3dmax is a way of life

210 Ma. Techlog
    175 Doc. Tecdoc
    145 Mp. Tecmeta

Thumbs up fine :)

Finally one patch with only fine content.
    I wait for so many time outdoor hunting, i can't see bs room anymore

And for the bracers i have 2 little bracers and i think we all can play well without it, some of my char don't get it and can play without

Labrutte enf 125 rk2
    Labonne eng 133 rk2
    Lachaude doc 114 rk2
    And many more

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast