Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Preliminary 14.5 patch notes

I don't know if this has already been mentioned, but why not leave the bracers as they are now but make them unique? This allows for 21% max reflect for any damage type. Not overpowering IMO.

Make it so that you can have one of each title lvl, ie one title 5 bracer and one title 6 bracer of same type is fine (only one can be equiped). This is a simple solution that reduces current reflect in half and does not penalise too hard those that have invest much time in obtaining bracers.

This would go a long way to keeping solo play an option while still addressing the reflect issue.

Even when combined with rrfe thats still only 51% max reflect which should be acceptable in both PvP and PvM.

What do you guys think?

I think Im screwed and I dont even have one of these bracers.

Ive got these crappie reflect bracers that reflect like 4 and 5 points of damage. Sometime, and nonconsistantly itll reflect 25 points during a fight. When I open a chest thats trapped I get hit TWICE due to the fact for some STUPID reason I reflect it onto myself again.

Im screwed also because I dont PvP. Im one of those Mid Range Docs that doesnt play his Doc. I just kinda cruise in my Yalm and spot greys to pop.

FunCom is trying to balance the PvP end of the game, but inturn is off Balancing the PvM part. The Mob wont get any easier.

I do missions alot, I like missions. I cant stand what theyve done to the loot talbe of Solo missions, so they can give it back in Team Missions and make us feel like weve gotta something good. They just rerouted what we already had.

Boss Loot would be great if it wasnt that the GREY CRUD surrounding it swarmed you like maggots on dead flesh. Add that to the crud you might have had to fight just to get to those CAMPS.

EXAMPLE: SupaLeets Camp in Andro, what are they like level 35? So with my low level Player I Had to make my way thru tons of Panther type Hammer Type Scorpiod Type and Vulture type to get there. Actually had to avoid them, since they are like in the 50-60 range. Boy that made since. And for what NANO PROGS for some other class, Armor that was of same level as myself, and some weapons that are class specific no one would friggin use.

Yes I ramble sometimes.

How about a chance that a Boss wanders thru ur normal solo mission?

How about actually finding something useful in the dang mission?

I mean get a clue, game is skill based (or was) so by level 30 Im using atleast lvl 50 Implants, but in mission Im finding lvl 30. Im wearing atleast lvl 40 armor, their dropping lvl 30. Im using as high a weapon as I can get on, their dropping again lvl 30 or lower. Seems like rarely Ill get one of these items atleast 1% higher than the ql of the mission.

STOP NERFING all of us for PVP problems. Alter the PVP areas to take these changes into effect and leave the rest of us alone.

I sure miss my Bureaucrat and his Sparkling 3927's. Im starting to miss the Game that was presented to me when I first logged on in BETA. The game that was full of ( Ull be able to Solo all the way to lvl 200 if you want, itll just take you longer than if you team) Ideas. It has come along way, but with each step forward it seems to take something away.

Ok, recap.

Dont nerf Bracers, plz.

I know I will take some flak for this, but I like the bracer change. Am I the only one that has heard time and time again that anybody over level ~150 can tank. Perhaps higher level than that, but you get my drift. Docs weren't needed, and dedicated tanks (soldier,Enforcer) weren't needed. Wanted yes, but needed no. Which is really upside down of all other rpgs I have played where the higher the level the more you needed the speciallist in healing and tanking.

Now if Funcom would only change it so that bracers gave out only a max of 7% of any one damage type, yet NOT actually change the bracers that would set better for all involved.

So you could have 7% of melee and 7% of projectile at TL 4.

That would be nice.

Martin
    Martin

I wonder when you ll fix the root bug instead of things like that !

I tired of being rooted with ql 5 roots of Fixers/Traders/NT/agents or whatever, because this root bug have never been fixed.

I think with more than 100 in Nano resist should be enough to counter a ql 5 root, isn't it ?

So i only can fight Soldiers/Enforcers or MP ( hum ! ) ?

I don't understand you policy in terms of improving gameplay in PvP.

Anybody can find Bracers. So the fight is equal ! But it s not possible to counter a root... Pfff !

ha!

I don't care about the bracers either way... I'm too low. What I love so much about this thread though is the people posting about their own little pet peeves along with the SQL and 'code' to fix them. As if they know! You people crack me up.

Since 14.6 is the 'fix' patch, can we hope that Funcom is going to nerf Bios' really nasty attitude??? Please, please, please!!!

Crusty losers go home.

Guess that means we should both go home, eh, captain?
    ~Chris

Common Anarchy online Player:
    I'm never gonna PvP because it is so unfair!

Funcom:
    Fine, we will nerf the bracers so that people won't have to spend years trying to get them to be equal with other players.

Common AO Player:
    What are you doing that for? Don't balance PvP because we've asked for it.

Funcom: *Thinks to self* I just remebered why I hated the playerbase...
    -- Falling never killed anyone, its always the landing.
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
    RK-1
    |OT|
    Telgi-61 Solitus Enforcer
    Gauf-31 Nanomage Doctor
    Saruzi- -=128=- Opifex Nano-Technician.
    Manstien-44 Solitus Soldier

Originally posted by Saruzi
    Common Anarchy online Player:
    I'm never gonna PvP because it is so unfair!

Funcom:
    Fine, we will nerf the bracers so that people won't have to spend years trying to get them to be equal with other players.

Common AO Player:
    What are you doing that for? Don't balance PvP because we've asked for it.

Funcom: *Thinks to self* I just remebered why I hated the playerbase...
    Balencing PvP? First things first, it doesn't balence PvP..
    ~Chris

Originally posted by Imrahil
    I wonder when you ll fix the root bug instead of things like that !

I tired of being rooted with ql 5 roots of Fixers/Traders/NT/agents or whatever, because this root bug have never been fixed.

I think with more than 100 in Nano resist should be enough to counter a ql 5 root, isn't it ?
    I think a PvPer really should answer this, but I thought it was a skill vs skill check.
    Kinda like if I hit you with a QL 1 weapon and 900 Atkrating I will hit, but it won't hurt as much as if I had used a QL 200 weapon.

Outdoors hunting = teh Good.

/G13
    pirates. with lasers.
    Are you having an argument on the internet, again?

Gene13 - on a space odyssey since 2001
    XXX - N

Some day your ship will come in, but you will be at the airport.

Trash King

"We have adjusted the Trash King Spawn time. He will now have a 20 % chance of spawning every 20 minutes."

Eh... Are you trying to bore people to death, how fun is it to just sit and wait for a stupid mobs to spawn not knowing if it will be the next 20min or a couple of hours. Add to that you have to compete and might loose the loot and you're up for another couple of hours of waiting. This just prove the dev have no clue what it is to play the game.

Minova:220:30:doc
    Looke:220:30:adv
    Winova:174:24:sold
    Rinova:168:23:nt
    Meanova:126:15:trader
    Meenova:95:10:agent
    Redemption

Alot of the people affiliated with this game take a LOT of heat. To be quite honest, everytime someone who is NOT a reg to #anarchyonline (irc.funcom.com) walks in, they think Cz/Cosmik/Dai-Galean are GMs until they're corrected (and usually are pretty quickly). Now anyone who is a regular in Funcom IRC knows me, I'm an obnoxious piece of crap and everyone wants me to burn in hell and die a horrible horrible firey death BUT...To be quite honest indeed the only people affiliated with Funcom that I have respect for (and MUCH respect at that) are Dai-Galean, Cz, Cosmik, and of course Abrii

Everyone else is a waste of payroll allocation.
    Last edited by mot; Aug 18th, 2002 at 23:02:38.
    Gazi "Mottom" - Master 5th Dan

"It is a wise man that sits and watches but only a fool rushes in wildly." -Dai-Galean

"It take many nails to build crib, but one screw to fill it. " -Confucious

"The gaming community has put up with this turd in our swimming pool for WAY TO long.." -Notintheface

OH GAWD

I love how the people in these forums that know >>ZERO<< about programming sit there and try to put forth their weenie-boy non-existant sytax-less code

They think fixing a bug is as easy as typing a line or two... LOL.

Morons

yes..

MORONS

"It is a wise man that sits and watches but only a fool rushes in wildly." -Dai-Galean

"The gaming community has put up with this turd in our swimming pool for WAY TO long.." -Notintheface

JaydeStargunner

If OriginatorType == Monster Then
    ReflectReturnedMeleeAC = 42
    Else
    ReflectReturnedMeleeAC = 7
    Duh stupid? What is that? I looks like... WELL IT SURE AS HELL DOESN'T HELP THE PROGRAMMERS

You, who cannot code, are going to correct a professional coder? LOLOOORR2Q390520384 ROFL!

I fart in your general direction

Real code?:

Perl babaay!
    OH! it's a little logger, whenver anyone visits a page on my site with that code on it (all my important pages, pages where malicious activity could be commited) it'll log their IP and type of visit and whatnot.

#!/usr/bin/perl
    print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";
    ($Second, $Minute, $Hour, $DayOfMonth, $Month, $Year, $WeekDay, $DayOfYear, $IsDST) = localtime(time);
    $truemonth = $Month +1;
    $trueyear = $Year +1900;
    $log = "/home/public_html/tmp/log.txt";
    if (1) {
    open (IPADD, ">>$log");
    $IP = $ENV{'REMOTE_ADDR'};
    $here = $ENV{'SCRIPT_URI'};
    print IPADD "$IP -- $Hour:$Minute:$Second $truemonth/$DayOfMonth/$trueyear" . "\n";
    print IPADD "$here" . "\n";
    print IPADD "\n\n";
    close (IPADD);
    }

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Oh, here's a hitcounter I just wrote after I hit "Post reply" just because i'm bored and just because I can:

#!/usr/bin/perl
    print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";
    if (1) {
    open (COUNT, '>>count.dat');
    $woowoo++;
    print COUNT "$woowoo";
    close (COUNT);
    }

#!/usr/bin/perl -w
    use Strict;
    @what = qw(Put that in your pipe and smoke it);
    print $what[0]\s$what[1]\s$what[2]\s$what[3]\s$what[4]\s$what[5]\s$what[6]\s$what[7];

Originally posted by mot

Duh stupid? What is that? I looks like... WELL IT SURE AS HELL DOESN'T HELP THE PROGRAMMERS
    Bleh, syntax is irrelevant. I don't even KNOW Perl, and I can see what this:

print $what[0]\s$what[1]\s$what[2]\s$what[3]\s$what[4]\s

does. Even if you don't know SQL, this:

Update item_rec set psychic_requirement = (
    select max(psychic_requirement) from item_rec
    )
    where item_name = 'Nelebs'

is fairly obvious.

My users throw BS psuedocode at me all day, and every once in a while, I see the seed of a solution that hadn't occurred to me.

If the code was designed well, a bug means someone typed a ',' instead of a '#'. If fixing a bug requires major rework, somebody didn't think thru the design.
    Rogoff AKA Mr. Brumble - 59 Omni Bureaucrat (RK2)
    Goodz 55 Fixer, (RK2)
    Goodzz 25 MP - Afrolicious, freaky and habit-forming

Mercinax: "/me casts afro containment field on Goodzz"

Re: Re: Preliminary 14.5 patch notes

Originally posted by Greystar
    Most is cool stuff, except

As predicted by me, in another futile attempt to balance PvP and of course again because of the whining of some few PvPers, PvM is getting way harder ;(
    Let me see, soldiers having 99-100% reflect in PvP, everyone with bracers and soldier buff having 72% reflect etc, is this what you call whining? I'd say this is just a fix, you are not supposed to reflect the majority of damage.

Never the less, there are two things to be fixed in PvP, way more important.

Cap Healing
    Cap Debuffs
    Both according to damage caps

Lich × Finalizer × Dictator × Vanguard × Techno Arch-Wizard × Godfather × Eternalist × Saviour × Deity × Guru

'People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use' - Kierkegaard

IMHO the bracer change is just another example of FC choosing the easy way out of a problem rather than fixing it..

Originally posted by Coldstrike
    IMHO the bracer change is just another example of FC choosing the easy way out of a problem rather than fixing it..
    If you make such a bold statment, back it up with what you think would be a better fix.
    Last edited by Lucid Flow; Aug 19th, 2002 at 04:31:29.

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast