Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Guild skills

Originally posted by KlngArthur
    if clanners get guild bonuses then OMNI med suits need to be made OMNI only. and there shouldnt be ANY clan counter part
    That is nothing short of idiotic. If they do that, then there needs to be a Clan Med Suit. Sorry, +78 to treatment plays a TREMENDOUS role in being able to use implants, and a full set of implants is HUNDREDS of points to NUMEROUS skills.

Omni gets more money.
    Omni has more shops.
    Omni can BUY their Med suits at level 1 for crying out loud. Clanners have to MISSION for them.
    Omni get Yalms sooner (more money and cheaper yalms).
    Omni have Omni Pol and Omni Pol Elite armors (sure there are a few high end armor types that are better, but for the first 60-100 levels, Omni Pol and Pol-Elite are TOP NOTCH).

All of these advantages means that assuming 2 players of exactly the same skill, the Omni character will ALWAYS level faster because he has easier access to gear and significantly more money.

Comparing people at level 200 is a bunch of crap, because 99.999% of the player base is not level 200.

In fact, the majority of the player base is not even over level 100.

I hate to break it to the 175+ crowd, but you guys are a miniscule and virtually irrelevant minority when it comes to balance.
    Primordiax RPG - Our World, Your Imagination
    http://www.primordiax.com

Muckbeast - MMO Game Developer Blog
    http://www.muckbeast.com

Post k

I agree that comparing everything to lvl200's is wrong.

Too the omni-med suit: yes, i know that if omni had the only med suit it would be a great imbalance. Guess I should have added that neuts and clans would get theyre own too, but maybe not as high as the omni suit. Instead give them a guild advantage that adds Treatment....then it would be up to the guild to choose...more treatment for everyone or more spesific skills to some.

My point was that for ppl interested in the story/conflict (uhm...who? where?) they shouldnt make "side" items that the other side can use.....that is kinda dumb
    Last edited by Animoy; Aug 22nd, 2002 at 19:51:24.
    Animoy - Lvl 220 Soldier on Rk-1 - General of Legion
    Athillon - Lvl 162 Engineer on Rk-1 - Member of Legion - Nerf Engi button in creation room - Sleeping

no

no side items please.

if anything profession based items but thats it.

i dont want people to make a d00dish choice when entering the teleporter from the creation labs.

if treatment suits are omni only then clan guilds should get +78 to treatment.

if omni shops go to 200 and clanners get a skill bonus well thats bad - whats hindering me making an omni mule and buying in omni prime? bad idea.

the choice you make when you enter the door should only be influenced by your personal preferance.

oh and give neutrals a chance in hell!
    sept 03 - the day ao was keeled by sl.

gone now. byebye.

Originally posted by Scumbug

lol.

as I said, only newbies care about earning money from missions.
    but, to be fair, I also said remove any Omni shop price advantage.
    [/url]
    You know how many people actually make it outta the newb levels where money is a issue?? the majority don't. If you were levle 20 newb and there was a Fc person sitting at the omni shop and said before you could exit you had to give him 33% of the cash you made from selling your loot?. what would you have said?? **** that! but thats what clanners have essentiallt dealt with the whole time.

Unfair as **** don't tell me now its no big deal cause i am sure for the first 3 months you played it was a very big ****ing deal.

/me smacks the dumbass omni

All that extra cash means leveling quite a bit faster. Always having the nanos you need a uptodate gun and lotsa NCU???

My omni eng made level 50 10 hours before my clan trader did. Solely for the fact he could afford to keep his bot and implants up to date while my trader could not keep a top notch weapon updated and didn't always have the top drains.

don't tell me 50% more money is nothing because its not.
    engie + ghetto crowd control + no healing + lowest hp + worst evades + bot who is never around. = worst prof in game

Bump for engie fix

With the money exploit, who gives a rats ass if one side has a "money" advantage....

IMO, the whole advantage / disadvantage for org system and the advantages of being either an omni or a clanner should be overhauled as follows:

1. Skill advantages / disadvantages should be available for ALL skills. The cost of having an advantage ( or the return from having disadvantages ) should be based on the average skill cost of the org members.

2. All skill advantages / disadvantages should be available from the shops. The org's leader must be the one to purchase and use. Once used, the org's tax status gets updated based on the advantages used (or the other way around in the case of disadvantages).

3. Undoing skill advantages should be accomplished by using the corresponding disadvantage.

4. Before the advantage takes effect on org members, they must be able to pay the first tax collection after the advantage is enabled. If they are ever too poor to pay the tax afterwards, the skill bonus is lost until your tax payments are current.

5. And last, there should be NO advantage gained from choosing Omni or Clan. It should matter only from the aspect of role-playing...
    .: Naraya :.

If this was a jab at me, I will respond by saying that
    I too blitzed hundreds of missions, when I was a newbie.
    But I've been here since the first day of the US release,
    and fortunately I dont have to do that anymore.
    I'm just saying that if you are under the impression that needing money (and needing to blitz for it) ends in the lower levels of the game then you are wrong.

People still need millions to twink up alts, obtain rare equipment/nanos etc.

There are a few ways to get tens or hundreds of millions legally in this game. One of them is blitzing missions and selling all the junk on vendors. Other ways are for instance ninja looting your way through missions, ripping people off in a Tara raffle to sell the goods or camping/hogging unique spawns.

Only one of the ways I listed does not interfere with other peoples enjoyment of the game.

Originally posted by Naraya
    With the money exploit, who gives a rats ass if one side has a "money" advantage....
    Please don't start bringing past/present/future *EXPLOITS* into a discussion of balance.

Originally posted by Menlas

As i said, equip the sleeve beeing clan, equip the gun, remove the sleeve and then switch back to omni...No exploit here...

great.
    now post the rest where he says FC says this is a bug,
    and will be fixed. that's what "temporary" means in this case.
    he clarrified this in another post.
    Ok, as you seem to be a bit slow i'll try to explain it a third (and last) time...

The "bug" consists in wearing the sleeves when you are omni.
    If you equip the sleeves beeing clan, and switch omni without the sleeves worn there's no bug !
    Why would you have to satisfy a requirement for an item you don't wear anymore ???
    Menlas

- Fixer (Doer) -

Advisor of A.I.R

Originally posted by Coldstrike

Please don't start bringing past/present/future *EXPLOITS* into a discussion of balance.
    Well....sorry, but they do in fact force things out of balance. If money was supposed to be a factor in the decision between omni & clan, that decision is moot now....
    .: Naraya :.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12