Thread: Ithica Vrs. Ma, A question.

Ithica Vrs. Ma, A question.

Ok I've teased about in the past but I want to know becuase I self cast LMA now and have a ton of free Ip to play with. currently my configuration is Ma 800 Peircing 650 Fist / Claw (158 cant find another that is not bugged). I do on average 260-400 with crits 1900 on fist 1250 on claw.

Now for the real question Say Im using my current config 19% Lma, Fists of the Toad(chem damage) and 5% vision enhancer 1% cortex of the executioner(total25% or 30% with mochies and Uvc Running). looking at the numbers that antiguardians post for Ithica supprise me

The Damage Calculator v3.1!
    <auno@auno.org>
    Ithaca Ki-8 Snakemaster
    Your critical hit will be 2668 points.
    Your normal hits will maybe vary between 12 and 607 points.
    Over 10 seconds you would maybe do an average of 4233 points of damage. (3.53 normal, 1.18 critical

The only thing I see is that it checks against duck instead of dodge.

Also If I used this gun and did the whole Aimed shot thing what would my Crit be...

Please don't flame me I am just looking for something to do with my Ip points....
    Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

Pardon me for hijacking the thread, here..

But, Brion - if you don't want your mother to know you were up and on the computer at 3:29 in the morning - DON'T post on a forum that she reads.

Busted.
    Grounded.

From the WoW forums. best PWNAGE EVAH!!!

Shotgun MAs are pretty viable, and I certainly wouldn't be keen on fighting one in PVP. But even with UVC the ithaca is a lousy shotgun for PVM. The reason it's good in PVP is because of the two specials (aimed and fling) and low recharge time give you a chance to unload crits rapidly on an opponent.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

so go MA Vrs mobs and load up a ithica for PVP. interesting thought.. Casts Wandering panda and meditates on it abit more.
    Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

But, Brion - if you don't want your mother to know you were up and on the computer at 3:29 in the morning - DON'T post on a forum that she reads.

Busted.
    Grounded.

I'm not surprised. After the crit "nerf", I thought about it.

Honestly, do you think it's a new idea? I'm surprised every MA
    past 150 isn't doing it for PvP. It was inevitable that MA's started
    using high crit shotties in PvP. They've pretty much got it made,
    and have a massive advantage over everyone else. It really
    doesn't matter WHAT you use, with UVC on, so why even ask?

Ithica for PvP. Why even ask?
    "Ideas are more dangerous than guns.
    We wouldn't let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?"

Well, the only problem with this is that you get ****ty atk rating and you will miss alot. And if you up your ranged init. to 600+ you might take a look at Krutt. Nova-flow if you want specials ? :]

Mol darnet now i have to think some more. what to do with 160k Ip. already maxed out for title cap all the abilities I want to... Erf
    Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

Busted.
    Grounded.

Save them for future patches when they fck up you char some more? :] Maybe there will come fun stuff in shadowlands

Reet-Tech Junior Urban Crossbows are a good Bow that I see MAs using more and more. It has Aimed Shot and Flingshot, has great base and Crit damages and Bow is Green/5 per level for MAs.

Your posts are well thought out ). Especially your second one )

Shotgun Ma's are viable but the one you should be thinking about is the krutt. Getting aimed off in pvm is mostly only an agents dream at the ip you have at 142 and 4 baby blue nano's to raise.

The other thing you want to look at is the ts/shotty conflict. This kinda poses large problems when you want to self-cast uvc but is only a major problem with uvc and title 5 caps.

On the + side the critts are huge and often with good scopes and buffs running. + you have the advantage of range and a few more hits becuase of it.

On the down side it doesnt work encredibly well for pvp since shotgun doest have to much in the way of specials which currently own pvp. (This is mostly due to conflicts with all the other major weapons you can quickly see in nano-nanny). And past 155 you will have alot of ip to consider many roads.

Hope that helps

0weapon 164 Fist Ma
    (50 levels as a shotty ma and wiser for it :)

p.s. And if you want to use aimed for pvp. You dont want the 5 sec equip time currently attached to it. 2-3 equip is doable for pvp but anything higher and you just stand there waiting. )
    Last edited by 0Weapon; Aug 27th, 2002 at 23:59:36.

Well, the only problem with this is that you get ****ty atk rating and you will miss alot

At 160(ish) a MA with a shotgun should have close to 800 attack... Not exactly crappy.

Getting aimed off in pvm is mostly only an agents dream

As a doctor with base (zero IPs spent) concealment, I get off 9.5k AS all the time in PvM. There's certain techniques that you can use to get off easy aimed shots on a consistant basis.

On the down side it doesnt work encredibly well for pvp since shotgun doest have to much in the way of specials which currently own pvp.

Ithaca is a perfect PvP weapon.
    1 high damage special (Aimed Shot) and one reg damage special (fling).... both cycle incredibly fast.

And past 155 you will have alot of ip to consider many roads

A high crit rifle is an excellent choice.
    Toad or Stellar Harmony can make them even more deadly.

On a side note, I wonder if/when Funcom is going to start restricting ranged weapons (other than bows) from use by MAs.

Thanks for the advice guys... Going down a different road now...

The wandering panda told me.. Use a parry stick in the off hand..

Got a lily parry stick going to put on tommarow or the next day..

Anyone got a Lotus parry stick for sale?

Thanks all.
    Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

Busted.
    Grounded.