Thread: Thank you FC, for a wonderful game and for making land control possible!

Thank you FC, for a wonderful game and for making land control possible!

FC has done more work to one game then anyother company has ever, AO started out as a lagged down bugged game.

I waited before I started to play, once the smaller bugs were worked out, and they were. As of today I find no major crashing bugs, other then the one or two that is caused by my own computer hardware not the game *ahem*, I for one know that it has been a long time since their was a patch, but if we look at what FC is talking about.

FC is planning on hitting out to major patches, and have alone within the last few weeks have done to major server side patches, out of nowere in game events game back so fast that my head is spinning, stuff is happing this game still got more of a kick then we thought.

FC is giving us land control, which is what many people have wanted for AO wonderful Guild, and Clan abilites.

Even through we may have to pay for this "booster pack" if you think about, we will mostly likely me able to buy it in a store, and will be able to download * I hope*, and yes it will cost money.

Why can I say that its alright to let loose this "booster pack"?

Well its simiple fact, that the $12.95 we pay each month covers very little, server charger/matince *don't forget AO servers can hold more people then anyother servers. It dosn't cover the cost of the booster pack.

Lets look at what might somthing as a boost pack might cost,

1. You will need a graphic artist to do new artwork.
    2. You will need a sound engier to record new sounds.
    3. You will need someone to code this stuff into the old engine.
    4. You will need someone to do netcoding.
    5. You will need aplha and beta testing.
    6. You will need people from markting to get this idea out.
    7. In the end if this is to be download, another download server will have to be put up, in turn more server costs.
    8. In the end their are a few more people that will be needed to create this booster pack.

A patch in simple a change of code, a change of loot tables, a change of skills, all code, maybe some netcode, and many once in a rare while new items/buildings etc...

A booster pack is just a bit over the hill to be provide for free.

And to me this is fair, and I can live with it. Its not one person doing this there is a lot of people putting this show on.

AO is a wonderful game, and is only getting better look at what a year and half has brought us!

When shadow lands come out, yes it won't come out until next year. Its FC maybe is trying its best to fix everything, trying their best to make our eyes glow with joy. Or maybe really bring more money in with a well finished product!

I love this game and I love FC!

Shout it out, brother man!

With only one post under your belt, it's clear you have a future on RK!

2.0!!!!

LoL, agreed FC has a game I like to call home, but with any home Improvements are a ongoing thing.

Since the anouncement of High level Content, and the fix to pet pathing.. I could almost Jump for joy.... But I will remain Dillagent here and in game to make sure these fixes happen. If we relent so will they.
    Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

Pardon me for hijacking the thread, here..

But, Brion - if you don't want your mother to know you were up and on the computer at 3:29 in the morning - DON'T post on a forum that she reads.

Busted.
    Grounded.

From the WoW forums. best PWNAGE EVAH!!!

sorry about the spelling mistakes

I had to work over 9 hours today, and I really sleepy.

I look forward to hearing more on this topic I created, and when I wake up *if I do* I will edit my first post to make it a bit more clearer if anyone is having problems reading it *yawns*.

Thanks again....

Thumbs up

It really warms me when a post that doesn't have the content "FC sux, I hate FC, etc.." I'm so dead bored at those threads now so I can puke...

So, I'm going to hook up here and say yeah thanx FC... I don't mind paying for the booster pack, but I really, really, really like to see that the pack is downloadable from yer website... (and that you charge the creditcard). When the pack is released I want to have it NOW, ASAP... Don't have the patience to wait till it arrives to a store and (in my case it will not end up in a local shop, so I've to order it from the Internet) then wait a couple of days until I've got it...

Cheers FC.

Talking look at that

One day after my post, FC gives out the 14.5 Patch notes, and its the best thing ever !!!!

Wags tail I'm so happy!

Hugs for everyone that works for FC!

Talking rofl

I am constantly amazed by the sheer numbers of people who really are atroxes.

Now if they just wouldn't reproduce.

Thumbs up

I totally agree. I play games for entertainment, I do not consider it an investment so if the game changes and I do not like it any more I will simply leave and not say a word. If people do complain obviously SOMETHING is driving them to complain over and over. Yeah its a bit laggy sometimes, but THINK ABOUT IT!, people all OVER the world playing on the same server in almost real time.......every try that with quake or unreal without uber connections? I think AO is one of the most entertaining RPGs ever created even IF they is no end or goal in sight for me besides getting level 200 . I am, however, motivated by the vast amount of items to find and people to chat with. Granted there are some quirks to the game but what game doesnt have them? People really need to sit back and look at things and take this thing for what it is....A GAME! Take it or leave it I say, and I am taking it all the way to level 200 AND the booster pack

Re: look at that

Originally posted by warwon
    One day after my post, FC gives out the 14.5 Patch notes, and its the best thing ever !!!!

Wags tail I'm so happy!

Hugs for everyone that works for FC!

Don't hug too tight.. You are an atrox and might crush them :P

Talking

Nice thread warwon. Not much good news on these forums. I think peeps enjoying the game dont post cause they are too busy playing. 14.5 patch notes are a joy to read, land control will be fun and yes ill give FC money, I will reward them for their heroic efforts!

agreed...

I have only been playing a short time I think I just got my first monthly bill.

I have no alts...

/me so late to the party

I am so addicted to this game... I play till i pass out.

Even at work... posting on the boards....

bump , good thread, and about time to see something on a postive note from ppl, too many negative threads on here usually.

Talking Kudos to Funcom for this great game!

I agree, AO is a great game, and the fact that the boost pack will cost money is totally ok with me, the boost pack is optional so if someone don´t want to spend more money well then they don´t have to. I know i will buy it

I started to play AO a long time ago,though i quit cause i simply got other things to do in my life at that moment, i came back a while ago and i am loving every second of game play.

I am of course intrested in what other games that´s out there and i have decided to try SWG when it launches, though i won´t cancel my AO account cause of that.

Today i was looking around on the net at what other mmorpg´s out there, i watched every scrren shoot, read the description, manuals, FAQs and visited and browsed through the forums on the following games:

EVE online
    The Myth of soma
    Shadowbane
    Redmoon
    Neocron
    Horizons
    Face of mankind
    Earth and Beyond
    Darkfall
    City of heroes
    Atriarch

Also counting the games i already know:

Ultima online
    Everquest
    DAoC
    Asherons call

Ok, i might have missed some games but i think i browsed through most of the mmpog out there and got alot of insight and information about them.

And the conclusion? well AO is the absolutely best game out there in this genre, imo that is of course. I thought i was going to find a game, at least one of them that i wanted to try out.
    But when i read about them, all the time things showed up and i thought something like "that´s better in AO!" and so on.
    I may be testing one of them but when browsing through that list of games i couldn´t stop comparing the games with AO.

Every aspect of the games i compared with AO an most of the games lost to AO on every aspect.

SO.... all i can say is AWSOME game Funcom, good luck in the future

/Dhimoria