Thread: Dust to Dust

Dust to Dust

Wow, I just watched the animated "Dust to Dust" movie and it sure raises a lot of questions.

In that movie the guy that should up dead was being forced to do a "job" for an unknown woman. If he failed, they were going to, "kill him 100,000 times until his mind and soul died."

Also, they showed the same woman and a Doctor working on building a robotic clone of Henery Radiman. DNA would be perfectly identical, and his personality and movements would be the same for a short while, but if put under heavy scruteny (sp?) he could fail.

Is it possible the dead man in Lush Resort did his job, but they killed him anyway?

Is it possible that the reason Radimen disappeared is because he was replaced with a clone?

Someone really needs to check Radimen out. If some renegade OMNI members "Dust Brigade" replaced Radimen in a plot to nullify the Tir Accord, all of the clans could be in danger!
    RK1
    Atrox Fixer
    Atrox make baby jesus cry =(

Good questions, here is what my answers would be with the current info

1) Yes, that is possiable that he did. But i think the job he was sent to do was to "KIll Elena Oak", but Johsua was killed instead, heance, he failed

2) Maybe, but not likely. The base u saw in the movie, is in yhe Longest Road, it have ben found and eleminated by man people. But... we dont know if they got the Radiman Clone out first

As for the part about the clans safety.... screw that, im OT!

(jk )
    "It's your life. Keep it up! Keep it real!"

Originally posted by Arila
    Good questions, here is what my answers would be with the current info

1) Yes, that is possiable that he did. But i think the job he was sent to do was to "KIll Elena Oak", but Johsua was killed instead, heance, he failed

2) Maybe, but not likely. The base u saw in the movie, is in yhe Longest Road, it have ben found and eleminated by man people. But... we dont know if they got the Radiman Clone out first

As for the part about the clans safety.... screw that, im OT!

(jk )
    Ahh, ok. I get ya now. That explains why they offed him. (Boy, OMNI-Pol needs to watch the movie..)

I didn't know they found the base.. I've been away for awhile. But, since it shows that they CAN make them, what's to stop them from doing it again? That seemed like a pretty beleaveable Radiman to me. I'd still want to have Radiman checked out...

Hey, you man not care for the clan's safty, but it could be you getting shot down at the front lines should we goto war. This planet and it's people have already suffered from the previous civil wars.
    RK1
    Atrox Fixer

I thought the woman on the screen giving orders to 'The Stranger' was in a Dust Brigade outfit and couldn't be identified. But, it does raise the possibility that they are one and the same.

That would mean the Dust Brigade is very high up and influential in Omni-Tek so far as to have direct access to Phillip Ross. They got DNA samples from him but couldn't clone him from them. They needed him to undergo 'the procedure' which he refuses to do.

Wonder if 'Ashes to Ashes' has anything to do with the ashes that fell on Earth after all the nuclear warheads were simultaneously triggered after the second plague. The first 'snow' of The Long Winter was actually ash.

Originally posted by Bionitrous
    I thought the woman on the screen giving orders to 'The Stranger' was in a Dust Brigade outfit and couldn't be identified. But, it does raise the possibility that they are one and the same.

That would mean the Dust Brigade is very high up and influential in Omni-Tek so far as to have direct access to Phillip Ross. They got DNA samples from him but couldn't clone him from them. They needed him to undergo 'the procedure' which he refuses to do.

Wonder if 'Ashes to Ashes' has anything to do with the ashes that fell on Earth after all the nuclear warheads were simultaneously triggered after the second plague. The first 'snow' of The Long Winter was actually ash.
    I don't think they're planning on nuking Rubi-Ka like they did the Earth, but it looks like they're setting up the clans for a break down. If the CoT goes out the door, they OMNI is most likely going to null the Tir Accord and try to get their land back.

Looks like Dark Days are ahead..
    RK1
    Atrox Fixer

Emmm... those who nukede the major cities on Earth was the Omega people. Lead by Roman or Roland... some dude...

The "woman" as a dust soldier... do u even know who this "woman" is? its Eva Poularis... head of Omni-Med...

hmmm... cool combo? shes on Sol Banking Payroll?

The guy's name was Roland Drake. His peeps set up the Reverend Xiao to mop up the survivors after the second plague took our 3/4 of the human population.

But, more to the point at hand, are there people insinuating that Eva Pourais is a big-wig in the Dust Brigade?

Would make sense that she'd be able to help with the equipment needed to bypass the happy gas.

Based one what I've seen with my own eyes and been told by trusted compatriots, I believe there is an underground movement within Omni-Tek to discredit the Clans at any cost. The first evidence I found of this was the assassination of Radiman as he made his way to the meeting in Omni-HQ. At the time, Aberic was blamed for the crime. He and his guild were later put on trial and given a veritable slap on the wrist for their actions. However, there was a lot of rumor that Redruum, leader of Clan Anarchist Syndicate was in communication with some "unknowns" in order to mastermind the assassination.

Later, a number of clan leaders are found cloned and the cloning facility in the Longest Road destroyed. During all this time, no one has heard anything from Radiman. The only official word comes from Omni-Tek, that is he is "safe" with Phillip Ross.

Then, the cyborg fiasco begins. Cyborgs are found invading territory across the planet, killing anyone in their path. An organized clan invasion systematically strikes and destroys various cyborg outposts, culminating at their headquarters in the Perpetual Wastes. Unable to fight through the countless 'borgs, the clansmen are able to cut a swath to a lone human seen in the center of the camp. However, when they free a path to this "prisoner" she refuses to budge for many minutes, causing all sorts of difficulty as clanners fall left and right struggling to keep a path open. Finally, she was pulled out to saftey.

It turns out she was a top Omni Engineer supposedly "abducted" by the cyborgs. The why and how she refuses to tell, and against the protests of many leaders, she is handed over to Omni-Pol without being made to answer any real questions. Long story short, once back in Omni-HQ she said some very strange things about learning "great" things from the cyborgs while with them, and then turns around and blames their creation on the clans. The Omni present promptly turn and shoot down all the clan members present.

Then, of course, there is the explosion in Omni-1 Trade and the sudden reapearance of the Dust Brigade, all during the continued absence of Radiman.

Then, suddenly, Radiman is back, acting extremely strange along with sightings of DB members all over Tir and near the CoT building.

This points out a few very obvious facts to me: There is a contigent of high-ranking Omni members working to discredit the Clans who have cloned Radiman and replaced him with a puppet. The Omni group responsible is in league with the Dust Brigade, with the ultimate goal of causing massive destabilization on Rubi-Ka. Exactly why, I am not sure. A good excuse to bring in a massive amount of Omni-AF troops maybe, although the ICC would frown on that. Unless it is a diversion so they can increase their military presence in order to resist any ICC interference. Or it could be a completely rouge element of Omni-Tek with ends I can't fathom.
    Clan fixer, Fourth Title

Director of Information
    Analog Myth

Great details. Thanks a lot! =)

Well, if OMNI is working to bring down the hammer on the Clans, this is a good cover to do so. If ICC is bring in their own troops, OMNI could be using the cloned Radiman to bring ICC to their favor and support them in their attack.

Two against one are better odds and with ICC on OMNI's side, the geonocide of the Clans would be legal.

I still say, Radiman needs to be tested.
    RK1
    Atrox Fixer

Originally posted by pheng
    Two against one are better odds and with ICC on OMNI's side, the geonocide of the Clans would be legal.
    Hehe. Omni-Tek will not need help from the ICC if the Council of Truth is removed and replaced by The Council of Area. If a war is coming at tht point, then OT can just rewoke the Tir accord and say that the legal body of the clans, the CoT have fail. And then they can bring in more troops then the 10K that Omni-Pol have. ALOT more

And the "Someone" within Omni-Tek that want Radiman cloned, Miss Eva poul... (stupid last name) also wanted to clone Ross if you remember, shes a traitor to each "side" in that way

Originally posted by Arila
    If a war is coming at tht point, then OT can just rewoke the Tir accord and say that the legal body of the clans, the CoT have fail. And then they can bring in more troops then the 10K that Omni-Pol have. ALOT more
    This is why the ICC (prompted by SOL Banking, of course) called an emergency meeting on Earth. They are discussing whether or not putting a large number of ICC Peacekeepers on Rubi-Ka is a good idea. The argument is that any military reclamation of the northern territories by Omni-Tek would disrupt notum export to the rest of the galaxy. Of course, one could also argue it's a move by SOL Banking to get a large number of troops on the planet, weakening Omni-Tek's hold. Interesting situation for everyone, to say the least.
    Clan fixer, Fourth Title

Director of Information
    Analog Myth

And what do you think Roland Drake is doing right now? That old bastard must have his manipulative hands in the political pie right now.

His AI assistant had eyes in every corner of Rubi'Ka.

That AI was somehow lost in the Grid some time ago. It was noticed by many, although I can't remember exactly what happened and I wasn't able to find the news blurb about it (they need a news search feature).
    Clan fixer, Fourth Title

Director of Information
    Analog Myth

So, basically we are saying that Prophet Without Honor extends a bit into the current game period.

The AI croaked in the last bits of the story and the Amnesty is mentioned at the very end as well.

The Tir Accords aren't mentioned at all however. That's why I thought there was some sort of discontinuity. Ross offered the amnesty. But, the war was still going on. Couldn't reconcile the game and the novel in that in-game the war was already over when the amnesty was offered.

If this is just a little screw up with the game designers not paying attention to the Storyline, then that means that Roman/Roland is working the 'devil's' work right now through his connections with Omni-Tek.

What the other Omegas are doing right now would be interesting to know as well.

I'd guess that either Roland/Roman or the remaining Omegas are equipping/funding/harboring the Dust Brigade to bring about the same kind of anarchy that the Reverend Xiao was duped into whipping up before The Long Winter.

Talking

I'm probably missing some larger point here, but I don't think it's clan or OT at work...

Who stands to gain if the situation escalates into a war, and the ICC has to intervene? Looks like SOL is at the forefront of the next folks up for the RK contract... but who knows? There could be some other hyper-corporation out there salivating at the thought of notum profits.

I'm guessing, by the woman's (her name is Eva, yes?) frustration with Ross' refusal to undergo the procedure, or to even leave Omni-One, that she's probably working for somebody else. She said something about him never leaving HQ, it sounded as though she'd like to lure him out of there.

I think the Dust Brigade is a tool or a cover for some third party, one that wants to both discredit the clans, and see OT lose their contract. And can step in and take control in such a manner as to appear impeachable afterwards. Or at least, powerful enough that their means can't be questioned.

And perhaps there is another use for notum, a scientific use, that hasn't been revealed yet?

Barlau

Barlau, do you know who the Omegas were and are? Do you know where their leader is right now? Do you know what the Omegas did to humankind? Do you have a clue as to who smuggled the leader out of Russia in 1948 or so? Did you know that man is still alive and on Rubi'Ka right now? Did you know that most (if not all) of the leaders of Omni-Tek have no idea who was behind their formation during The Restoration?

We can't discuss the events revolving around the Dust Brigade nor the events that will lead up to the release of The Shadowlands without all of us being on the same page.

We know there are many prophets. I assume both good and evil. We know that the 'powers' that we haven't been made privy to yet have not put all their eggs in only two baskets so to speak.

Would you not think that Henry Radiman exhibits powers closely associated with seysight or whatever it is that David Marlin is cursed with?

People wonder why I stay neutral. The power-mongering of the Clans with their focus on piddling political issues keeps me from them. The fact that Omni-Tek was purposely formed by the Omegas who led FarmaTek and subsequently released a plague on the planet wiping out 75% of humanity and sponsered a cult to destroy the rest with nuclear warheads keeps me out of the corporation.

We only know that Omni-Tek was formed as a result of the failure of the Omegas in carrying out their plan. We know it was set in motion in David Marlin's absence to further an agenda for the Omegas and their hidden puppeteers in a more clandestine fashion than the more overt actions of the Omegas and FarmaTek.

We do know that the 'endgame' has started. I assume this was supposed to be year 3 or 4 material. But, who knows if AO will be around in 3 years. Nonetheless, the ICC specifically has little to with the apocalyptic events soon to take place as far as we know from its charter. It was simply formed by the people with approval from the World Congress to make sure that Omni-Tek never gets the monopoly that FarmaTek once had. Kinda silly that they were granted FarmaTek's patents on NanoTechnology.

Right now the struggling between the Clans and Omni-Tek can only be viewed by our characters as natural bickering. But we as players have to realize that there are powers more powerful than Omni-Tek and certainly more powerful than the Clans (without the re-appearance of David Marlin and perhaps some other 'prophets') working to change events on Rubi'Ka.

Remember that Omni-Tek was lead straight to Rubi'Ka on the exact opposite side of the galaxy from Earth and decided to colonize it without so much as a soil sample being taken. Complain all you want about the upcoming alteration from straight science fiction and human issues to a more metaphysical and moral-based powerplay, it's been in the works for twenty eight thousand years or so. Or ever since one man was whisked across the Soviet border.

Talking completely outside of what any of our characters could possibly know, I'd say that it's fairly clear the Omega have a large interest in Rubi-Ka. Hence their move to bring Omni-Tek (of which I'm sure many are on the council) onto the planet before anyone else discovered the power of notum. My guess is that they believe notum will do two things: 1) Allow them to again reproduce, 2) Allow them to replicate the immortality ability and possibly create more Omega. Hence, they want to be firmly in control of this substance so they can use it as a spring board to power and the re-enslaving of the Solitus.

Meanwhile, David Marlin is about to arrive on the scene, again to help us fight for freedom from the oppression of the Omega.

However, most of this is far outside the scope of the current storyline. The Omega are only working from behind the scenes, and David Marlin has yet to reveal himself, so for the time being, the primary story angle is the political power jockeying of the Clans and the ICC against Omni-Tek.
    Clan fixer, Fourth Title

Director of Information
    Analog Myth

One point. As witnessed by the first prospecting team. The atmosphere of Rubi'Ka lets nanobots not only live outside the body, but run at incredible efficiency.

We saw what was needed to kill one Omega. Namely cut off his head and bury him in cement with the head seperated from the body.

Imagine an Omega that doesn't need to go into a regeneration chamber to recharge his nanobots. Hit him with an alpha strike and he's healed almost immediately.

But, of course, the Omega are only the pawns of a higher evil. I'm assuming those who live in the Shadowlands plane.

It seems fairly obvious that these 'good' (aiding David Marlin) and other prophets and 'evil' (those who set FarmTek/Omni-Tek in motion) are setting up the 'endgame' because they need humanity for some reason on one side or the other to tip the scales.

In the story the orginal Omegas claimed to "mercy" kill all of humanity because they were nothing but animals.

I wonder if they're the ones funding the Dust Brigade to try and break up the clans because they feel we're nothing but "animals."

If Farmitek setup Omni in the begining, I wouldn't put it beyond them to try to eliminate the clans for various reasons, even if it means losing several thousand of their own people.
    RK1
    Atrox Fixer

But FarmaTek=OmniTek=Omegas are only listening to the demon that gave them the power in the first place. That guy didn't think of all the deception and death on his own. He was met by the demon when he was in Russia and the demon came to him again underground and finally revealed himself. I don't think the ambitions of Omni-Tek really have much to do with money or profit as much as making sure the evil demons beat their enemies who were probably human's creators.