Thread: Booster pack and gameplay

Question Booster pack and gameplay

Hi, I'm new to MMORPG world and I have a very simple question:

Will people who do not buy the booster pack be able to play the game, and if so, how will their interaction with people who have bought the booster pack be affected?
    Into every generation.....(yada, yada, yada....).....

You can play without the booster and you'll still be able to interact with people who have it

(a guess)
    Unless you r in a guild where say 60/100 of them have the "booster" & they need to take & controll land that the "booster" adds. Then you will be left out from helping the guild because you don't have what they do.
    But thats ok, because I am not in a guild, so that part of the booster doesn't effect me
    Da Skellsta

Da Skellsta MkII

Don't hate me caus I am different

"Fear is the path to the dark side... fear leads to anger... anger leads to hate... hate leads to Anarchy Online players."

Originally posted by Skellsta
    (a guess)
    Unless you r in a guild where say 60/100 of them have the "booster" & they need to take & controll land that the "booster" adds. Then you will be left out from helping the guild because you don't have what they do.
    But thats ok, because I am not in a guild, so that part of the booster doesn't effect me
    Where did you get this information? I ask because my reading of the Dev Chat told me just the opposite of this, so I am curious to know where you saw something further that indicated what you've said here.

Well try this: those with boosterpack will get skill bonus, and there will be limited amount of persons that can defend a tower.

Now, let see who we will chose to defend the tover..... Hmm should we take the fellow over there with lower skill or the one over there with bosterpack higher skills? Not a hard choice after all is it.
    Troll Commando, doing the dirty work that need to be done.

I'm not even sure, Spook, where you are getting the information that only those in the org that have the booster pack will get the bonuses.

This is what I did see, but am not sure if there is further information that you all have that I haven't seen:

[UnknownPlayer] [Solarax] As for my question, I'd like to ask how you intend to separate those who have bought the booster from those who haven't? Organizations are bound to consist of members both with and without the pack as well as the controllable terrain being part of the current landscape and accessible to everyone.
    [gaute] Important question!
    [gaute] The main distinction is going to be in if you can BUILD or not.
    [gaute] If you can build, we hope to give you personal skill bonuses from your tower type, and org skill bonuses from the controller. (these "advantages" being defined by the leaders of the org.)
    [gaute] Everyone gets to participate in the combat, but you wont basically see all there is.
    [gaute] We will try to patch a "basic" set of towers for everyone to see, but visually it might become more pleasing to the booster pack owners. (If we don’t invent something smart so that everyone can see more or less the same)...

Originally posted by Vydas
    I'm not even sure, Spook, where you are getting the information that only those in the org that have the booster pack will get the bonuses.

[gaute] The main distinction is going to be in if you can BUILD or not.
    [gaute] If you can build, we hope to give you personal skill bonuses from your tower type, and org skill bonuses from the controller. (these "advantages" being defined by the leaders of the org.)
    [gaute] Everyone gets to participate in the combat, but you wont basically see all there is.
    So nice of you to give me the info you are looking for. It quite simply said:
    Pack decide if you can build tower.
    Only those with pack will get bonuses.
    All anyone else can do is help defend the place.

Originally posted by Spook

So nice of you to give me the info you are looking for. It quite simply said:
    Pack decide if you can build tower.
    Only those with pack will get bonuses.
    All anyone else can do is help defend the place.
    It does not say that others in the org (people without the pack) don't get org bonuses. It says they don't get individual bonuses and cannot 'build' the tower.

Originally posted by Vydas
    How much clearer then this can you get? If you have pack you can build tower. If you have built a tower you get bonus.

This was in response to a question about mixed orgs - orgs where some members have the pack and some do not. It indicates there are two types of skill bonuses - individual and org bonuses.

The way it's described, if someone in the org has the pack, they can build the tower and get both individual and org bonuses, but those in the org without the pack still get org bonuses (from the controller - set by the org leaders). It doesn't even appear that the org leaders need to have the pack at all, just one member seems to suffice.

Huh! this is getting old.

[gaute] If you can build ([Spook]THIS IS ALL WHO HAVE THE BOOSTER PACK, AND NO OTHERS), we hope to give you personal skill bonuses from your tower type, and org skill bonuses from the controller. (these "advantages" being defined by the leaders of the org.)

It is true that ít mention org skill bonuses and that it say that leader of org decide bonuses for tower, but it definitly say that you get bonuses IF you CAN build. And that building DOES require the Booster pack.

In short, no booster pack no carrot. And they want us to buy the booster pack to get the carrot, not just to get niftier looking towers on our PC.

so in building a tower defense team...

do u choose the gimped crat who bought the booster and got the skillz bonus or do u select the Trader who didnt get booster - but is still 100x more powerful in pvp that 1/2 the classes in AO regardles of a "skill boost " ?

decisions decisions......

I see

I stand corrected, and as I posted that was my (guess) at what will happen.
    I am not going trolling through some log chat, I have better things to do with my time (like PLAY AO *s*******)
    Your info is greatly appreciated. TY for the log clippings.

So, you get the org bonus regardless of having the pack or not
    If your not in an org you get squat.

If you have pack you also get a personal bonus from your own built tower.

So basically, FC wants you to pay them to become more powerful than others.

Hah I am not in a guild & I care nothing for being the most powerful person in AO with all the best stuff.

Anyone here that has read the logs see anything in them that will benefit the single solo player?
    Last edited by Skelli -0_0-; Aug 16th, 2002 at 21:53:51.
    Da Skellsta

Da Skellsta MkII

Don't hate me caus I am different

"Fear is the path to the dark side... fear leads to anger... anger leads to hate... hate leads to Anarchy Online players."