Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FJRK: Landau addresses Council of Truth

1) Absolutely destroyed image and the taint of it on their public image isn't going to help them any on the wider market. As a corporate entity, they aren't going to do anything that affects their image across any market with a gridfeed so negatively and hurt sales. And do you honestly think the other corporations wouldn't make a huge stink to hurt Omni's image and take away market share? And that Omni wouldn't take the same thing into consideration and dismiss the idea out of hand? Even if they could avoid blame, they'd still look careless and the situation could be spun into making them look extremely stupid, or extremely evil, neither of which is good for business.
    Answer: Make it appear as if the attack came from the Dust Brigade...OT image is intact.

2) The damage to the terraformed portions of Rubi-Ka would be monumental, costing the corporation untold billions, if not trillions of credits and probably close to as many wasted man-hours. Why would Omni, who has stated time and again that they are only concerned with the bottom line and the profits to be reaped, undertake an action that would cost them so much of that? Not to mention the disruption to the flow of Notum and the credits that trade brings to their coffers...
    Cheaper to terraform than pay thousands of employees and war machinery for decades to continue trying to take over such areas.

3) The surviving members of the Clans would rally like never before, screaming for blood, and becoming far more formidable and ferocious with a huge motivation the likes of which Omni will likely never have encountered... Why give the clans such a huge rallying point? So many martyr's that could be pointed to? And why to a target whom they've dismissed on a few occassions as ineffective and meaningless when it comes to leadership of the Clans?
    Point #1, Dust Brigade would be blamed...and the clans already have a big grudge against them...it would increase hostilities toward DB more than OT if they appear to be the guilty ones. Also such a wide area being nuked would certainly lead to chaos within the clans...the motivation you speak of would take place AFTER the survivors managed to regroup and organize, which would take time (enough time for OT to send in their elite to secure the areas they just cleared).

4) Blaming the CoT for storing weapons of mass destruction under the council buildings sounds good, but why not just set one off in the city in the fair trade beneath where Silverstone likes to hang out and blame the Sentinels and use the same excuse? A lot easier and more likely an explanation if you're looking for plausible deniability in the matter, and a lot of clanners wouldn't doubt it to be true, so less damaging to Omni's reputation.
    Because as crazy as Silverstone is (and he has raised his weapon against clan leaders once), he is not that stupid and the CoT and the Legacy clan leaders know it. He would never store such weapons in Tir, it would be a disaster and probably would lose the large support he has (not to mention his "valuable" Commanders currently stationed there). If he had such weaponry, it would be more likely to be stored near their HQ in Mort.

5) Given the unpredictable and often windy conditions of Rubi-Ka, why endanger their own assets with fallout from such a blast unnecessarily? The EMP resulting from such a blast would damage Omni equipment, something we all know they value more than they do it's people if their treatment of miners is any indication, and that doesn't even begin to cover the radioactive crap covering most of the terraformed regions of Rubi-Ka.
    An EMP would destroy all electronics....yes, but it only takes ONE ship to deliver this strike, a cheap alternative to having to send dozens of warships and thousands of omni drones into a battle they may not win.

Omni-InternOps would be the most likely behind such scenarios, AF and Unicorns are the muscle, certainly not the brains when it comes to OT warfare.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

And how many people see The Dust Brigade as an Omni backed front as it is? And Omni couldn't guess that some rival corp would make use of that perception and find a few off-planet clanners who would make the case for it? Makes no sense for Omni to try to blame it on the DB since it could be turned around on them too fast.

And why would they want to potentially lose the terraformers already here? Have any large scale tests been done on how notum reacts with nuclear forces? Why risk damaging such an incredibly valuable commodity just to get rid of a few 'terroriststs and separatists' who will come back under Omni control once they figure out how to buy us?

And what exactly would be the point of seizing a nuclear wasteland? Why bother, there's nothing left there, and very little economic incentive to go back in to rebuild the infrastructure. The rehabilitation of the area would take considerable time, and perhaps you've forgotten, but time is money, and Omni really isn't interested in wasting money or time.

And consider this, while a big bomb is cheaper than all those armaments and employees, it isn't cheaper than replacing all that infrastructure that would get demolished in the blink of an eye. If Omni was actually interested in just simply destroying us, they could just as easily use biological warfare, and even better, leave the infrastructure intact in the process. How much cheaper would that be? A few weeks of techs in biosuits and a huge number of bodybags compared to rebuilding the infrastructure over several sectors... you do the math there and tell me which one looks better on the balance sheet. Sure we could counter that biological threat eventually, but it would leave us open and depleted without damaging their precious infrastructure. And that too could be blamed on DB just as easily, if not moreso.

While I'm not saying Omni isn't above mass murder, I am saying this isn't the modus operandi they would use.
    To be good is to be in harmony with one's self... Discord is to be forced to be in harmony with others. - Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd
    why are you working for a corporation which clearly is driven to remove all those who would stand up for a truly free world?
    And here is where you make the common mistake of not thinking an Omni Tek employee is a free individual. An Omni Tek employee is an employee, thats true, but he is in no way a slave wich you have so desperately tried to convince us of for so long.

A free world eh? Stop your thievery, stealing and attacks on the legally working corporation on Rubi Ka and get a descent job instead. Then we will have peace. As long as there is thousands of clans with different goals on this planet, there will never be any resemblance to peace.
    CoT have tried to guide the clans in one direction, though failed yet again.

How can I say I have hoped the CoT would prevail?? I guess for the same reason you have, if you have at all...
    The clans uniting under ONE banner and finally being able to be negotiated with, by the corporation, is the only way the clans can come under anything resembling control and thereby.... peace.
    No uniting.... no peace.

For instance, look at the Unionists. Another clan who wants nothing more than the destruction of the corporation legally holding this planet. Its so hard for you to understand, I know, but Rubi Ka is actually Omni Tek`s land. You are the hostile element. All the word-acrobatics in the Universe cant change that I am afraid.
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

The Council will either move forward or it will die. Change is in the works and I sincerely hope that it spells BAD for Omni Tek.

Isn't the word "legally" overused yet? It has such a funny connotation.

Legalism depends on both/all sides acknowledging the same set of laws and standards for it to work. Otherwise it comes down to a case of pointing to seperate sets of rules and using them to justify all sorts of fun stuff... though I'd question the wisdom of trusting too much in ICC legal codes considering that it is almost always going to favor a corporate entity over anything and everything else...
    To be good is to be in harmony with one's self... Discord is to be forced to be in harmony with others. - Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Hermiaa
    Legalism depends on both/all sides
    Yes ,and everyone in the Universe aknowledge Omni Tek`s right over Rubi Ka except a bunch of profiteers calling themselfs "clanners"...
    When we speak of "aknowledging", the clanners are "slightly" outmatched.

You could even call their actions.... oh my.... illegal.
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

Illegal today perhaps, debateable in the first place, but I'm sure various nations took the same stance on all those nations that emerged out of their colonial efforts as well. And look where that got them...

/listens /watches
    The Mockers
    SUMMON THAT AMMO BABY!!
    Join the Mockers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12