Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FJRK: Landau addresses Council of Truth

FJRK: Landau addresses Council of Truth

June 14, 29480 - [Global]

It is understood that Unionist leader Mr Landau has now addressed the Council of Truth and that no sanctions were imposed upon his clan. It is not known whether this means the council is preparing for more open conflict with Omni-Tek, but council watchers were all in agreement that it would do nothing to alleviate tensions.

Publicity released logs of the sessions revealed general support for the Unionist actions even if it did stop short of any outright statements of solidarity. Neither is it clear where the major clan players stand on the issue. Whilst it is presumed that the Sentinels would be in support of such unilateral actions against Omni-Tek no statement has been forthcoming from Simon Silverstone. The Vanguards have refused comment when approached for a statement, simply stating that any comment would be made through the correct Council of Truth channels.

Mr Landau didn’t face any specific opposition from the assembled clan leaders at all, and neither the council, nor any other clan, condemned the actions of his clan. Likewise the lack of any statement distancing themselves from the Unionist actions is possibly telling.

We Watch, and are saddened.

The Council had one chance to correct the terrible mistakes made by clanners, once rogue, now with CoT support.

The Clans are openly declaring hostilities, yet their members are the first to complain about the fact that our current CEO is a decorated general. Perhaps because his presence on Rubi-Ka puts a crink in their long-term plans?

The clans complain because our former CEO was a negociator, who sought peace. I am almost glad Mr.Ross is not currently with us, to see the clans decimate years of hard-work on his part.

While clan members complain pettily on public grids, they have yet to answer for their crime in taking 4-Holes, and keeping our employees hostage.

A storm is brewing, and its not coming from the weather generators.

Omni-Tek Succeeds.
    CybertroniX Watches.

I'd like to say I am surprised... really, I would. I had hoped that a different course would be plotted... but I admit it is as I expected. Indeed a sad day.
    To be good is to be in harmony with one's self... Discord is to be forced to be in harmony with others. - Wilde

The unionists took advantage of a situation that had presented itself. You threaten athens and you say its legal then you call our move not only illegal but an act of war in some circles? Call a spade a spade. You people invaded clan territory so many times over the last year many clanners believe we should of turned rome into a cinder!

Here are some of your more recent exploits involving clanners

An attempted spy placed within the council of truth.

An invasion of Old Athen by omni-AF soldiers in an attempt to capture one man for torture and questioning involving the ross shooting.

An invasion of Old Athen in an another attempt to capture Alan Jacobi for something he had nothing to do with.

A full scale unicorn supported invasion of West Athens which almost resulted in an omni takeover.

Any one of those four acts can and should in my opinion be seen as acts of war. And now you people complain when we Respond? You omlets threw the first stone long ago. The response was overdue. You honestly think the above acts wouldnt have consquences?

Get ahold of your life.

Need i remind you of the illegal experiements going on within the biomare facility? Precpitated by rogue members of your organization? Also their alliance with the Dusters? You got a hell of a lot more problems than us taking one mine.
    Last edited by Firestorm; Jun 14th, 2006 at 16:54:28.

Well put Firestorm... well put.

So you claim that finding one spy is surprising or what? I mean, come on!!!
    There are so many spies on this planet you could fill an entire city of its own if you rounded them all up together....

The "invasion" you speak of regarding capturing a suspect , or rather someone believed to have crucial information, involved in the Mr.Ross shooting was nothing more than a troop and both you and the rest of us know they were not the ones who opened fire first. Stating what they were there for did not stop clans , who had the day of their lifes by the way, from opening fire on the Investigative Troopers. Oh my, what an act of war eh?

Alan Jacobi have something to do with everything. Denial is simply not gonna cut it.

You mentioned the Dust Brigade and an alliance. Im not sure who you ment they were allied with but I guess your referring to the rouge Omni Tek high-ranker who turned out to be a spy for the Dusters (oh my, ANOTHER spy?!!?). In that case I seem to remember something about a death warrant immediately placed on him after. If thats not what you ment with alliance your either another one trying hard to rock the boat or a conspiracy-theorist gone mad.

As for the CoT.... I cant say how dissapointed I am in them. Many times have I stated my support for them and my belief that they are this planets only hope in uniting the clans and make some sort of agreement with Omni Tek..... It seems all lost at the moment. Im out of faith in them. What Truth is there in this Council???
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

Quote Originally Posted by JubileX_Prime
    We Watch, and are saddened.

The Council had one chance to correct the terrible mistakes made by clanners, once rogue, now with CoT support.

The Clans are openly declaring hostilities, yet their members are the first to complain about the fact that our current CEO is a decorated general. Perhaps because his presence on Rubi-Ka puts a crink in their long-term plans?

The clans complain because our former CEO was a negociator, who sought peace. I am almost glad Mr.Ross is not currently with us, to see the clans decimate years of hard-work on his part.

While clan members complain pettily on public grids, they have yet to answer for their crime in taking 4-Holes, and keeping our employees hostage.

A storm is brewing, and its not coming from the weather generators.

Omni-Tek Succeeds.
    CybertroniX Watches.
    Once again, an omni speaks as if we're in a time of peace. Have you forgotten that we're still in the 4th Rubikan war? since the Notum Wars broke out I'm yet to see a peace treaty between both sides.

You took Borealis, we took 4 Holes. In war this is common. Or have you forgotten that during the 3rd war the clans advanced so far south that we were a few miles from Omni-1?

The Unionists saw a chance to strike, and they did. Are you telling me that if OT saw a chance to take over a zone in clan territory they wouldn't? I hightly doubt it.

The "invasion" you speak of regarding capturing a suspect , or rather someone believed to have crucial information, involved in the Mr.Ross shooting was nothing more than a troop and both you and the rest of us know they were not the ones who opened fire first. Stating what they were there for did not stop clans , who had the day of their lifes by the way, from opening fire on the Investigative Troopers. Oh my, what an act of war eh?
    I think it has been obvious to most experienced war veterans that the culprits behind the shooting wasn't the clans...it was certainly not in our best interest to see Ross dead or even incapacitated. Neutrals didn't gain anything from it...however a new CEO...leader of the most elite bio-engineered soldiers in the universe ends up as the new CEO. Shall I remind everyone that Unicorns follow ANY orders given, without hesitation. That should give you a better idea of who may be behind the clear takeover of the seat of omni power on Rubi-Ka.

All these 'investigations' and finger pointing from OT is the classic 'they'll never suspect we did this to our own, let's blame the clans'.

Omnis go into clan territory, they get shot. Clans go into omni territory, they get shot. This is war. So expecting omni 'investigators' to just walk into OA and not get taken out by the security forces and clan defenders of the town is foolish.

Alan Jacobi have something to do with everything. Denial is simply not gonna cut it.
    If it comes to large profits, Jacobi probably does have a piece of the cake somehow, after all he is a shrewed Fixer. His way of thinking is profits, he sees no profit in killing. He does sell weapons, armor and whatnot...but to him he'd be happy to sell them to clan, neutral or omni. Credits are credits no matter where they come from. However he would not sell anything to the Dust Brigade or any known terrorist group. You can accuse him of greed and trying to sell you something you don't need...but what can you come up with to go and arrest a salesman?

You mentioned the Dust Brigade and an alliance. Im not sure who you ment they were allied with but I guess your referring to the rouge Omni Tek high-ranker who turned out to be a spy for the Dusters (oh my, ANOTHER spy?!!?). In that case I seem to remember something about a death warrant immediately placed on him after. If thats not what you ment with alliance your either another one trying hard to rock the boat or a conspiracy-theorist gone mad.
    I have long suspected for a few years that OT was behind DB somehow to create more chaos within the clans and as a public relations disaster for the CoT that they wouldn't be able to clean up themselves. The label 'clan' was put on them, yet they ignored the fact these terrorists have been able to fake their ID to be of any faction. It wasn't until the Unicorns arrived that I had some evidence by comparing their weapons signature to that which recorded during attacks by the DB's Masked Commandos.

Their weapons signature are matched to the Unicorn Company weapons...each weapon signature varies from manufacturer, parts and model.

Two identical weapons will emmit identical signatures up to a 0.00000001 difference in frequency if one was used more than the other (an old and a new weapon) however only 2 identical weapons could have such a match.

Dust Brigade weapons were unique, we could never match the weapon signatures to anything on Rubi-Ka.

Not until last year when the Unicorn Company arrived with their enhanced weapons.

It took a while to do the scans, but after much work it was verified that both DB and UC weapons are identical. This means both groups have their weapons made by the same source.

UC have the top of the line omni weaponry, most which is exclusive to their use as the elite armed unit within OT. Not even the clans have been able to acquire the blueprints or a weapon to try and copy the technology (as the sents did with the notum tower technology).

It would be highly unlikely that such weapons would be available to DB without having a high ranking source in Omni-Tek. I had suspected Zora to be behind it since he was the leader of UC...but now Commander Curtis Maelfus seems to be the prime suspect.

Commander Curtis Maelfus was very likely to have had access to UC weapons even before their arrival on Rubi-Ka. The DB has always been labeled as clan by OT, so all their actions were always blamed on the clans overall. Even when DB attacked our side...OT would continue to claim they were clan.

I suspect that DB were either actual UC operatives or another elite omni group under orders to create as much chaos as possible to keep the clans and the neutrals in a constant state of fear and dissaray. And by attacking their own cities (mind you they never actually targetted military targets which are valuable to OT, just civilian locations with employees which the corporation can replace) the finger would continue to be pointed at the clans as the 'terrorists' even tho DB has never been proven to be a clan and we continue to fight them whenever we see the masked commandos.

Another thing...UC have helmets on, you don't see their faces or bodies...mostly because they have been genetically engineered and probably no longer look human. DB also cover their faces...what a coincidence.

The CoT was made aware of the weapon signatures long ago, but did not follow up on it.

As for the CoT.... I cant say how dissapointed I am in them. Many times have I stated my support for them and my belief that they are this planets only hope in uniting the clans and make some sort of agreement with Omni Tek..... It seems all lost at the moment. Im out of faith in them. What Truth is there in this Council???
    You're an omni employee, yet you had faith in the CoT which your masters have tried countless of times to destroy?

Come on, if you truly believed in the possibility of peace on Rubi-Ka why are you working for a corporation which clearly is driven to remove all those who would stand up for a truly free world?

You're blinded by your misguided loyalty to a corporate machine...it's only goal profits...at any cost, even human lives. Power, control, greed is what drives OT.

Sure some clans are like that, but most aren't. After all we are the faithful the Redeemed have blessed. While the corporation is the chosen by the vile Unredeemed.

You have already decided your path Mr. Naefen, as an omni agent Finalizer...it is clear you rather serve the dark Omni-Tek puppet masters than seek the light of the divine.
    Last edited by Windguaerd; Jun 16th, 2006 at 01:22:00.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Well....

Between Firstorm and Windguaerd there really isnt much more that can be said except...

Wow
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Gurney "Twistshot" Halleck

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

So.... yeah. War it is then. Great. Just what Rubi-Ka needs in large scale... Glory and Honor and all that, screw that sissy diplomatic stuff... I should have become an undertaker instead of a fixer.
    To be good is to be in harmony with one's self... Discord is to be forced to be in harmony with others. - Wilde

Looking over this again, it occurs that placing an intelligence agent in a governmental body was/is almost never considered an act of war historically... it's what competing governments do to each other. Par for the course. Let's be somewhat fair here. It's the nature of clandestine operation and esionage to try to influence what the other side knows, thinks, and concludes based on the manipulations you apply to them. They do it, we do it, it's understood... all part of the fun and happy game called statecraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermiaa
    Looking over this again, it occurs that placing an intelligence agent in a governmental body was/is almost never considered an act of war historically... it's what competing governments do to each other. Par for the course. Let's be somewhat fair here. It's the nature of clandestine operation and esionage to try to influence what the other side knows, thinks, and concludes based on the manipulations you apply to them. They do it, we do it, it's understood... all part of the fun and happy game called statecraft.
    Except that spy had orders to nuke the CoT building and wipe out the entire tir sector. Omni will never admit to those orders but i can assure you they came from the front office in internops. Luck is what kept the city of Tir standing that day. The fires would of swept through the varnimt woods threatening newland and everything below them. The chain reaction would of been catastrophic. That wasnt statecraft that was attempted mass murder.

Pardon my incredulity, but for what reason would Omni go to such elaborate lengths to do such a thing? I find it hard to believe that with the CoT's announced schedule that Omni could not simply infiltrate the area around Tir and just detonate a nuke without going through the pretense of placing an agent on the council itself. How hard could it be to place surveillance on the building and see if some desired target were in the area? It just doesn't make any sense to go to the trouble of all that, simply to detonate something they could easily pull off with little to no warning if they tried a more direct approach. Grid in a fixer, place the device a few hundred yard off of Tir's walls and it's effectively the same thing as getting it inside the building with a lot less risk.

The difference is anonymity...

If it were set off inside the Tower of Truth they could claim that we were usining it to store weapons of mass distruction and use it as a pretence to move into clan territories with ICC support to find and dismantal such weapons, and during the confuseion capture torture and perma-kill anyone of importance and set down "peace keeping" forces to prevent it from happening in the furture.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

An anonymity that could scarcely be more pointless. Who else would the clans blame for that sort of act? Dust Brigade maybe? Most clanners I can think of tend to think of them as an Omni front as it is, so any way it goes the blame is gonna go right on Omni-Tek's doorstep anyway. And it isn't like the ICC wouldn't analyze the blast and act accordingly based on the findings. Neutrals maybe, say sick of Silverstone and his monkeys and looking for a way to take them out? Hard to swallow. The point is that Omni-Tek had little or nothing to gain from blowing up Tir besides getting rid of Silverstone and his warmongers. And the likelihood of them risking contaminating their own holdings with fallout and having to pay for the enormous costs of clean up makes that even less likely.

It dosent matter if no one belives that Omni is innocent if they can muddy up the waters enough to keep anyone from looking intot he matter, or from even wanting to look into it. Throw in a few gigs of reports, scans and so fort and all that will come of it is words, a few sparatic fire fights and a glass covered crater where Tir once was.

Which would be the case if they took a more direct and less traceable route of just gridding in a bombing team... if they wanted it done, it would be done already. Omni-Tek will not endanger it's bottom line, and nuking Tir would do that by contaminating large swaths of land and disrupting notum mining operations in the area that they profit from, albeit indirectly. It does not make sense for Omni to do that.

So either one of two things is going on. Omni-Tek is far more stupid and wasteful than the clans realized and is a hollow shell waiting to get cracked, or someone else is trying to frame Omni for their own ends and we should really be asking who that is and what they hope to achieve. I somehow doubt that this war would even be an issue if Omni-Tek was making mistakes on that scale... so that leaves me to wonder who had the most to gain by this and what that gain was. Paranoia and security can be exploited by the other side, but it can also be exploited by elements of your own side for some benefit that may not be immediately apparent.

Something you forget.. ICC would deam their actions in such a mannor of blowing up the CoT and Tir according to history as a violation of their lease agreement and shorten their time.. thus a certain amount of discretion would have been advised. Nothing more.. nor less is required to base this on. I do hope you understand the severity of the enemy with which we fight.

I do understand Omni, fairly well I think. But consider this... first off, Omni gets absolutely zero benefit from an attack of this scale. Cui bono?

Omni Tek:
    1) Absolutely destroyed image and the taint of it on their public image isn't going to help them any on the wider market. As a corporate entity, they aren't going to do anything that affects their image across any market with a gridfeed so negatively and hurt sales. And do you honestly think the other corporations wouldn't make a huge stink to hurt Omni's image and take away market share? And that Omni wouldn't take the same thing into consideration and dismiss the idea out of hand? Even if they could avoid blame, they'd still look careless and the situation could be spun into making them look extremely stupid, or extremely evil, neither of which is good for business.

2) The damage to the terraformed portions of Rubi-Ka would be monumental, costing the corporation untold billions, if not trillions of credits and probably close to as many wasted man-hours. Why would Omni, who has stated time and again that they are only concerned with the bottom line and the profits to be reaped, undertake an action that would cost them so much of that? Not to mention the disruption to the flow of Notum and the credits that trade brings to their coffers...

3) The surviving members of the Clans would rally like never before, screaming for blood, and becoming far more formidable and ferocious with a huge motivation the likes of which Omni will likely never have encountered... Why give the clans such a huge rallying point? So many martyr's that could be pointed to? And why to a target whom they've dismissed on a few occassions as ineffective and meaningless when it comes to leadership of the Clans?

4) Blaming the CoT for storing weapons of mass destruction under the council buildings sounds good, but why not just set one off in the city in the fair trade beneath where Silverstone likes to hang out and blame the Sentinels and use the same excuse? A lot easier and more likely an explanation if you're looking for plausible deniability in the matter, and a lot of clanners wouldn't doubt it to be true, so less damaging to Omni's reputation.

5) Given the unpredictable and often windy conditions of Rubi-Ka, why endanger their own assets with fallout from such a blast unnecessarily? The EMP resulting from such a blast would damage Omni equipment, something we all know they value more than they do it's people if their treatment of miners is any indication, and that doesn't even begin to cover the radioactive crap covering most of the terraformed regions of Rubi-Ka.

So, after all that, who would benefit from such a tactic? Presuming that the blast was actually intended to go off, one of the only groups I can think of who would actually benefit would be a very extreme faction amongst someone like the Eco-Warriors. Sure there would be terrible damage to Mother Ka, but it would be less than the effects of long-term mining and exploitation surely. Rubi-Ka would recover eventually, and at least in the short term most, if not all of the inhabitants would presumably have to leave until the radiation issues could be resolved and the planet made less hazardous once more. Maybe if they cost Omni-Tek more credits than they want to spend they can drive them off once and for all, and if they can get the surviving clanners to help motivate that departure, all the better. That's one possibility.

The other I can reason through is indeed Omni-Tek, but a rogue element within of exceedingly extreme views, even for them. As far as I can tell, Omni would prefer making us good little consumers and potential customers, if not outright employees, otherwise why would they have not just taken reclaim insurance off the table from us outright, regardless of what anyone else said about the matter, so why kill us off in such a huge scale when they could easily do it by other less damaging means. But there could be, and probably is, a group of such extreme views that the consequences of such an action would be more than justified if it brought the clans to heel and would make the rest easy pickings, but I seriously doubt they could be much beyond a conspiracy of a small section of Omni-Tek's board of directors, if they indeed have influence even that high up the chain.

The same could be said of an extreme segment of the Clans themselves, looking to give the Clans martyrs and a united blood frenzy on a massive scale. That could even be achieved if the bomb didn't go off (which may have been the intention all along under this case) and a huge stink was made of it to point to those evil Omni bastards and shouldn't we rally together to crush them.

Ultimately, my point is that we aren't dealing with one of the mainstream factions here. This is the sort of thing extremists deal in, and perhaps we should be looking for them rather than looking at the obvious answers that don't make sense if you scratch the surface. We do have an enemy here, that much is certain, but it may not be who we think it is. And that situation is unacceptable for the security of the Clans.

umm... wow.. no.. but wow..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast