Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Omni-Tek Operational Directive - Increased Unionist activity in 4 Holes

I refute nothing the clans do.. I may not agree with every action but do not be fooled into thinking that our goal is anything but the liberation of the planet by what ever means necissary. I just prefer ones that are straight forward and honorable for my own approach. In the clans diversity will you find ones willing to undertake many types of warefare.. guerilla or frontal assault, espionage or bombardment from afar.. each fights in its own way. Humanity through the ages has proven this time and time again.. those whom believe most in their fight are most likely to succeed even when facing amazingly terrible odds. The term.. when theres a will theres a way.. It is this will that binds the clans.. that strengthens us.. We fight not for profit as a badge of merit into battle.. we carry the banner of freedom.. sure there are profiteers in every group.. but so goes the ****e of life in its variety.. As long as people remember what great treachories were bestowed on the founders of the Clans and I pray what will one day become the United Clan Nation shall our victory be worth the price we have to pay along the way.

United we stand.. Divided we stall..
    Last edited by Xaun; Jun 18th, 2006 at 22:53:22.

By any means necessary... that's a dangerous course to pursue. We MUST be better than that if we're to have any hope of building anything of worth when this is over. I would suggest that the clans are united, but united without purpose. Were it a unity that found purpose and focus, well then we might have something. But like all such things, that purpose and focus must be put towards something of benefit to all, not just the ones providing that focus. Caution and vigilance must accompany our goals to make sure they stay true to our shared ideals.
    To be good is to be in harmony with one's self... Discord is to be forced to be in harmony with others. - Wilde

While I agree that we should continue to destroy and take Omni held notum mining sites, this will do little in removing their motivations.

However I will not go into how their motivations may be reduced here while at the same time minimizing or eliminating civilian injuries.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Gurney "Twistshot" Halleck

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

Oh, I don't know, I think it could go a long way to removing motivation. At one point in the not so distant past I can remember when the clans held far more than even Omni's current share of the notum fields. While attacking the fields may motivate certain organisations, overall I don't think the average employee is going to get as upset about someone who they don't have a vested interest in getting attacked as if their homes get attacked. After all, if some other department gets egg on its face, it's more likely that their own department will recieve a larger share of funding if they can avoid that sort of embarassment by avoiding the towers in the first place...
    To be good is to be in harmony with one's self... Discord is to be forced to be in harmony with others. - Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Editor: OTPC
    Directive: AZ-999/01a
    June 14, 29480 - [Global]

The corporation hereby grants all employees license to engage Unionist forces in 4 Holes. All combat trained employees can now follow full ‘open hostility’ rules of engagement against Unionist forces found in illegal occupation of corporate assets.
    Ahhh, how amusing. Omni-Tek's makes the decision to fire at clan members in Borealis, without any form of provocation, and acts wounded and suprised that we responded with the Unionist takeover of 4-Holes.

As far as I am concerned, Omni-Tek voided all rights to this planet quite a long time ago, with it's horrid treatment of sentient creatues ... Only to fill their own pockets with massive profits.

If you want 4 Holes back, you're going to have to take it. And I, for one, do not plan on letting you do that.

Amazing how Omni-Tek can behave as if their presence in Boralis (which was not wanted by either clan members OR neutrals) is not an aggressive military action, but when the Unionists seized control of 4 Holes, well, that's a totally different story, right?

You reap what you sow, Omni-Tek. Continue to fire on Clan afflilated members in neural cities, and I for one am sure that we will respond with the same level of respect you've shown us. Perhaps we will even see a repeat of the past, with Omni-1 within our sights?

Quote Originally Posted by Hermiaa
    By any means necessary... that's a dangerous course to pursue. We MUST be better than that if we're to have any hope of building anything of worth when this is over. I would suggest that the clans are united, but united without purpose. Were it a unity that found purpose and focus, well then we might have something. But like all such things, that purpose and focus must be put towards something of benefit to all, not just the ones providing that focus. Caution and vigilance must accompany our goals to make sure they stay true to our shared ideals.
    I disagree. I feel that when we remove Omni-Tek from this planet, by any means necessary, we will be free to build a world of much higher worth.

How can you build a better world of higher worth when you compromise your ethics and morals, which is what 'by any means necessary' implies, to achieve that end? There is such a thing as expediency, and such a thing as atrocity, and it's amazingly easy to cross the line between the two when you can justify it in the name of some higher goal. But when you make a compromise between doing what is easy and doing what is right, you've already cheapened and sullied that higher goal by not cleaving to the higher moral ground. We say we are better than Omni-Tek, and I, for one, mean it, but how can we make that claim if we sink to their level and justify it with 'well, they would have too' and that we're only fighting fire with fire? The second we do that, we are no better than they, we are those terrorists they make us out to be, we become what we hate. We are better than that, and the burden of proof of that lays firmly upon the backs of all of the clans, and no one else.

How can you build a better world of higher worth when you compromise your ethics and morals, which is what 'by any means necessary' implies, to achieve that end? There is such a thing as expediency, and such a thing as atrocity, and it's amazingly easy to cross the line between the two when you can justify it in the name of some higher goal. But when you make a compromise between doing what is easy and doing what is right, you've already cheapened and sullied that higher goal by not cleaving to the higher moral ground. We say we are better than Omni-Tek, and I, for one, mean it, but how can we make that claim if we sink to their level and justify it with 'well, they would have too' and that we're only fighting fire with fire? The second we do that, we are no better than they, we are those terrorists they make us out to be, we become what we hate. We are better than that, and the burden of proof of that lays firmly upon the backs of all of the clans, and no one else.
    Violence can be used for good as well as evil. They fire on us without provocation, they lie to us, they back out of arrengements they agree to. There comes a point in time where some people have to say that's enough, we're done dealing with you, we draw the line here and no further.

Or perhaps you'd like to see us continue to negoitate our freedoms away, one at a time, until nothing is left? I, for one, say it's high time to solve this problem the only way it will be solved: By getting Omni-Tek off this planet.

I can agree to that in principle, but I disagree with the methods being proposed. I could probably get behind a campaign led by the Knights if they could make sure that we maintained a degree of civilized conduct becoming, but I think a campaign led by the likes of Silverstone would soon descend into who could commit atrocities and slaughters before the other.

Humms

Well i think this will have to be deeply investigated.....
    I live for the moments off Clarity

Maker of AO Tradeskills

Quote Originally Posted by trixxor

If you want 4 Holes back, you're going to have to take it. And I, for one, do not plan on letting you do that.
    Omni Tek, with its "limited" resources ,trembles most surely.

The Unicorns marching into Borealis retaking control of the crime-infested city can not in any way compare to Unionist clanners assaulting the 4Holes mining operation.

Where one is a simple regaining and defence of one of this planets most important facilities ,the dish, the other is an all out attack. A declaration of war.... if you want to put it like that.

Reap what you sow all who stand by the Unionist clan.
    Last edited by Naefen; Jun 21st, 2006 at 12:28:21.
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

Quote Originally Posted by Naefen
    A declamation of war.... if you want to put it like that.

I always find it funny when an Omni-tek employee replies with something about a declaration of war.. last I checked we were still in the middle of one..

And Hermiaa.. I agree with you in that respect.. as is why I have taken the path of honor as a Knight.

I realy wanna see that!

Tho i am a military employe of Omni-Tek i realy would like to see an amelioration of the curent tense situation. I do not understand why Omni-Tek fails to accept the wish of some Rubi-Ka'n citizens to live outside the autorithy and protection of the corporation. But i do belive untill men like Simon Silverstone can rally significant suport amongst the clans peace is an imposibility. Also i do belive that the move on Borealis was a mistake. Our leadership just proved the point of the clans when they make us criminals and opresors. Also we are forcing the neutrals into an alliance whit the warmonger elements of the clans. Even so the clan overtaking of the 4 Holes facility asks for an apropiate military response. We should not take the conflict whit the clans so lightly. In the long and bloody history of Rubi-Ka the clans proved their whort in combat over and over again countless times. In war clan fanatism ,determination and desperation can often over power the strongest warmachines of an indefenitly larger enemy. Never underestimate the faith of people in their own right!
    Life sucks...and then you die! Welcome to the dust ball!

Amazing how you can stand before a crowd of seemingly intelligent people and say that Omni-Tek's actions in Borealis was a "simple regaining and defence[sic]" and except us to take you seriousally.

Still can't realize the simple fact that the neutrals don't want you in Borealis? Or perhaps just a little upset that your Unicorns are hiding around a little radar dish doing pretty much nothing, while our Unionist forces are in complete control of 4Holes? I'd be pretty angry too, if I was getting kicked around that badly.

By all means, however, continue to try to justify Omni-Tek's position. Nothing would bring me more amusement. Next thing you'll be telling me is that Omni-Tek could have kept omni-2, but they just didn't care enough. Sounds a heck of a lot better then admitting that Omni-Tek got spanked and lost a major city, does it not?

By the way, we still have 4-Holes. I hope the company is having a kicking time showing the neutrals what OT is *really* about, we could always use a few more converts to assist us in pushing you off this planet for good.

Quote Originally Posted by Naefen
    Omni Tek, with its "limited" resources ,trembles most surely.

The Unicorns marching into Borealis retaking control of the crime-infested city can not in any way compare to Unionist clanners assaulting the 4Holes mining operation.

Where one is a simple regaining and defence of one of this planets most important facilities ,the dish, the other is an all out attack. A declaration of war.... if you want to put it like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaun
    I always find it funny when an Omni-tek employee replies with something about a declaration of war.. last I checked we were still in the middle of one..

And Hermiaa.. I agree with you in that respect.. as is why I have taken the path of honor as a Knight.
    Me too! It's even more amusing to see such a reply in regards to a war they are *loosing*.

http://www.anarchy-online.com/conten...map/rimor.html

Count the triangles, omni-scum. It's a war, and you're getting spanked.

Count your own triangles 7.35% - 8.61%
    Last edited by Telcea; Jun 30th, 2006 at 11:51:32.
    "How do you prove you exist..?
    Maybe we don't exist..."
    - Vivi FFIX
    FFVIII is extremely underrated. It pwns j00!
    I have a custom title and you don't... oh wait, you do
    I have more posts than Satenia

::::: HugeMap is old, CSPmap is new! (Website) (Download) :::::

and since when do i live on rimor?

What is this Atlantean and Rimor you people speak of? The original landing craft have no relevance upon this news report, so stop drawing yourself closer to -Reform's mental institution...

(( Please remember, there is no such thing as Atlantean and Rimor ))
    Hellcom "Stillian" Receptionist | Eternalist | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Agent "Lilmiz007" Isbeak | Finalizer | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Style "Heldale" Attack | General | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution

|| Primal Evolution ||

I can agree to that in principle, but I disagree with the methods being proposed. I could probably get behind a campaign led by the Knights if they could make sure that we maintained a degree of civilized conduct becoming, but I think a campaign led by the likes of Silverstone would soon descend into who could commit atrocities and slaughters before the other.
    *sigh*

Not sure if any of the self-righteous have looked around at all...ever, but last time I looked, Silverstone was a clanner and leader of the most powerful clan on the planet. That's okay though, keep your bias just keep it to yourself for the good of the clans.

Quote Originally Posted by Stillian
    (( Please remember, there is no such thing as Atlantean and Rimor ))
    (( That is an awkward one actually - there has been asignificant amount of roleplaying cross-over. For instance during the Neutral Guard Initiative (a player driven story-arc which culminated with the Warr mercs getting removed from Newland City) there was a good deal of coordination betwene servers with characters rolling alts on the respective servers. Then there are other events are clearly specific to just open server, the outcome leading to divergent histories.

You could try thinking of Rimor as two dimensions, its not sillier than the Shadowlands. Or sue the great old comic book convention of just glossing over continuity errors and not overthinking things :-) ))
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast