Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Omni-Tek Press Release: Operational Update on Situation in Borealis

Buffer zones are really not an issue in modern war. With grid, whompah, suborbital air craft, as well as on site teleportation most reasonably equiped forces can be at a battle site in moments.
    Angel "Berael" Wolf - 220/22 Solitus Engineer RP Profile
    Advisor of Wolf Brigade, A Proud Neutral Organization

AOwiki - A chance to show what you know.
    Hunting Grounds Neutral Neck Items Tradeskill Pricing v3.0 Roleplaying Organizations v2.0 (RK1)

"The world will not evolve past its current state of crisis by using the same thinking that created the situation" - Albert Einstein
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change." - Charles Darwin

omnis aren't that smart to think of that
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

Quote Originally Posted by playboyfixer View Post
    omnis aren't that smart to think of that
    I agree.
    You see, OT-RK operates on the principle of "promoting until at level of incompetence" so that's not exactly a surprise.

Incidentally, reading up on this topic, I see a certain someone trying very hard for the next promotion and in the process demonstrating the ability to master the very highest positions in OT-RK.
    That load of bronto droppings spread so richly over this conversation by that "person" really makes me ashamed to be Omni. Although not ashamed enough to go Clan.
    Me? Trouble? No trouble..

As Mae West said: "Never resist temptation, you don't know if you'll get another chance."

Quote Originally Posted by Nyadach View Post
    And as for the Clans, sorry but I know you desire freedom but with loons like Simon running around on the loose, theres no way its going to happen anytime soon is it?
    Uhmm..
    Could you define freedom, please?

I'm Clan and as a Clanner I can:
    - go where I want all over Rubi-Ka (with the exception of parts of Omni territory)
    - live in any town or settlement I choose (barring those under OT control)
    - marry who I want (if she'll marry me, that is), I can adopt children - even as a single parent if I can prove a given level of income (being a 'Trox I'll not have kids of my own)
    - get any job I'm qualified for, I can go out and enjoy life as I please as long as I break no laws
    - befriend anyone I wish - Clan, Neut or Omni..
    (As I recall from before I became Clan, Omnis can do basically the same. I have lots of Omni friends and they appear to be under very little restraint as far as these points go.)

Also, I can:
    - voice my opinion an any matter I desire
    - gather information and learn about subjects as I choose
    - partake in public life as I wish - and I can do so without toeing any politilcal dogma, being incarcerated, subjected to "reeducation" or any other euphemisms for being oppressed.
    - gather with my friends and discuss politics or any other subject without being ordered to disperse
    - think on my own - in fact, that almost a requirement.
    That sure sounds like freedom to me.
    However, Omnis might have a bit more trouble in these areas, I'll agree. My OT friends are sometimes not all that well informed or willing to think on their own, hehe.

That out-of-control thugs are running around does not rule out freedom, it simply means that a) the war is causing serious harm to people's minds and b) we need to find a way to deal with the thugs/loons/loose cannon on all sides. Preferably quickly and decisively but I fear we have to see the end of the war before that's possible.. and that's an event placed far into the future, I think. Certainly, current development doesn't indicate a cessation of hostilities is approaching, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperiaa View Post
    It's no good trying to talk to dimwits and morons
    Yeah, nor is it any use listening to them so keep quiet now..
    We'll do you a favour in return some day, even if it can't ever be as big a favour.

*Brings up the gridviewer control menu and browses through the sections*
    *mutters*now, where did that button go, it was here a minute ago.. nope, not set-up, not options, not show, not help, not.. ah, there you are, you little rascal.
    Ahh, blissful silence.
    *presses the appropriate button and sees all those long, inane posts vanish*
    Tempus fugit.

Everybody has a photographic memory.
    Some don't have film.

When you find a big kettle of crazy it's best not to stir it.
    -PHB/Scott Adams

clock is ticking. wheels are turning.
    Last edited by Vickie; Jun 1st, 2007 at 06:32:26.

Vickie
    Sovieta, Seraph - Angel of the first order
    Ihsahna,my Twinkie

" What on earth would our beloved, stinking, beautiful Europe have become without our dope fiends, drunkards, homosexuals, consumptives, madmen, syphilitics, bed-wetters, criminals, and epileptics? Our whole culture was created by invalids, lunatics, and felons."
    —Moment of Freedom- Jens Bjørneboe 1966

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678