Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Omni-Tek Press Release: Operational Update on Situation in Borealis

Perhaps that could go a long way to explaining the current aggressive posture being taken by the Clans in general. While I agree with the spirit of the conlclusion reached there, that omni are our spiritual parent and all that, and that origin shapes us, we must move beyond and it and prove ourselves better. This aggressive stance serves only Omni-Tek's interests, not our own. While I applaud our regaining our previous position of strength in the Notum Wars, I caution moving beyond it without having exhausted every diplomatic line that can be reasonably followed.
    To be good is to be in harmony with one's self... Discord is to be forced to be in harmony with others. - Wilde

When some one walks a path, they find it easy to walk along the trails that have been traveled befor and are worn smoth and often they do it from reflex and not consious choice.

That is the problem we are suffering in the clans. For far to long we have been walking the same paths time and time again, paths that have there roots far in the past, before the clans came into being.

To change takes a great deal of thought, effort and time. One can only hope enough of us spend the energy to do so and attempt do do so on our own as well
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Gurney "Twistshot" Halleck

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

No one said the path of the revolutionary was an easy one. But, to paraphrase a great man, the revolutionary in the street waving a flag and a gun is the one you notice, but he doesn't get very far. No one notices the one in the coffee shop slipping poison into the police's coffee if he's quiet and just goes on about his business. Yes, we are in a war, but it's a war that can be won through force of ideas and wills. To go the path of force is to attack Omni's strength, rather than exploiting it's weaknesses. Aggression is only going to fuel more aggression, and given the disparity of military force and sophistication, that's a battle the Clans will have a very hard time coming out even in, much less emerging victorious. Our long term survival depends on us forging new paths and methods in our struggle. Ease is not something that should ever be associated with freedom and liberty, for such a life requires vigilance, hard work, and responsibility on the part of it's citizens if it is to be achieved and maintained.
    To be good is to be in harmony with one's self... Discord is to be forced to be in harmony with others. - Wilde

And when diplomacy fails as it has.. you wage war.. and that is the unfortunant difference between clanners and neutrals.. we fight the oppression every day..

Lady Xaun is correct, we tried the diplomatic path and had the door slamed on our hand for our troubles. Ever since Zora was named "acting" CEO we have tried to contact him to no avail, leaving us with only one option.

And in the course of the wars, we are about "scored" evenly.

Do not mistake me, I do not think war is a game, far from it. I learned combat in places were insurance tech is impossable and it still shocks me to no end to see some one die, only to see them again latter in the day as if nothing happened.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

There's more to war than battle. You only take the battle to the enemy on your own terms, and when you're ready to pursue that battle to the end. Not before. Right now, as I look around the clans, I do not see a sense of purpose, simply a desire to get the first blow in before Omni beats us to it. That isn't going to work unless we have an overall operational plan and a set of objectives for a campaign beyond 'kicking Omni ass off of Rubi-Ka', which while a fine sentiment for some, isn't how wars are won. A battlefield is only a small part of a war, and what I see is large parts of that war being ignored in favor of glory and blood.

Some of use do have the plans you speak of Hermiaa. Perhaps you can contact either myself or Lady Xaun and we can see about informing you?

As to glory in battle, there is not.

To the dead go the glory for they have given their lives for that they believe in, to the living goes the remeberance, to keep their deeds in our minds and pray that they were the last to fall.

This has gone on far too long, I go off planet for five minutes and all hell breaks out in my little town.
    And by God, im comming to take it back.

Has notum gotten to everyone's head? Folks, truly let's remember how WE got here on Rubi-ka. Were all of us not bound for other locations? Were we not taking our families on vacation, going to a new place of work, off to further our studies or education? Were we not "blasted" out of the sky and crash landed on Rubi-ka? (Kind of odd that the cannons in Clon**** point into the travel paths of ICC shuttles...)

Who gains from this? Omni-Tek does of course. Their constant push to control the notum markets in this sector and across the universe has made them do mainy strange things. Where would Omni-Tek get it's current workforce if not from the citizens? When the ShadowLands was ripped open and investigated by Omni-Tek, who did they seek for test subjects utilizing their so-called "contract" to get away with it?

We all agree (with the exception of a few of Omni-Tek senior management) that Omni-Tek, the corporation, does have a lease on the planet from ICC. Through their mining efforts they have slowly terraformed it (and need to do much more). We all agree that ICC are the peacekeepers of Rubi-ka and not the Unicorn thugs that Omni-Tek hired from God knows where from.

The anti-establishment clans are no better. They'd rather fight omni-tek tooth and nail over everything. Through constant terrorist attacks the rest of Rubi-ka cannot be terraformed preventing us from living in peace. And now, rumors are about that all sides are making space ships to carry this war not just on-planet but off!!! The good things is that while working for both parties I have been studying the technology. One day we neutrals will be able to terraform ourselves. One day I'll have built a spaceship to get me back into the inter-stellar travel lanes so I can get off this rock.

In the meantime I will full heartily back the Neutral Defense Initiative, protecting my family's neutral rights.

Taconis
    -- a concerned citizen
    Last edited by RevWiz; Jul 1st, 2006 at 14:47:00.

((This is an in-character forum only. OOC posts do not belong here. --Nevarstiyeh))
    Last edited by Nevarstiyeh; Jul 7th, 2006 at 00:10:58.
    [Team] Nautys: Oh crap! there's bout 6 clams inc. all orange names to me ***team kills 3, others flee***
    [Team] Nautys: U not on team-window, Hex..
    [Team] Hexous: Remains of <clanner1>
    [Team] Hexous: Oh s**t! Im dead
    [Team] Hexous: wait.. no im not ***brief pause***
    [Team] Hexous: Remains of <clanner2>
    [Team] Hexous: other one got away =/ ***2 minutes pass, Hex still not back***
    [Team] Nautys: Hrm.. where Hex got to now?
    [Team] Hexous: Remains of <clanner3> ...Got um
    ~~~ Hexous 220/23 Agent ~~~ Yes...your daddys in The Untouchables

http://www.theuntouchables.ru/

I'm behind hexous.. never in front of the guy though because if anybody notices him the million bullets'll have to go through me first. uh oh
    [All Towers] The omni organization loves Toxor .. awww.

[Clockwork Inc.] Toxor: !blacklist Mostadio this ****tard wouldnt make my carb :@
    [Clockwork Inc.] Omgbot: Thank you Toxor. Reputation / Blacklist info about Mostadio has been stored in the Clockwork Inc.-archives
    [Clockwork Inc.] Toxor: thats cool
    [Clockwork Inc.] Mostadio: ROOOOOOOOOFL
    [Org. Msg.] Mostadio kicked Toxor from your organization.

Thumbs down

Well I stand for Making Peace or Destroying Peace
    Even as a Citizens of Omni that this has destoryed peace
    I'm not saying this plan was to Destory Peace but it was to Protect Borealis but I don't think it worked
    Last edited by Mongetsu; Jul 17th, 2006 at 18:30:30.
    Omni Ambassador

No not really
    Not unless you count the NDI forming because of it.

As others have said, its about time Omni got off there backsides and left. And while they are at it get some loon from the ICC to finally get moving and show us the "so called", and obviously fake reason for them to be in Borealis. I have no idea what game the ICC is playing with Rubi-ka, but its going to end. FIrst the so called document allowed these thugs into Borealis. And also the deployment of the Goliath class stations signed by Ross....AFTER he was shot. Come on ICC. We want answers! And your as responsible for this as Omni-Tek!
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

My my, we're getting desperate in the great scapegoat search. Next Virta, Telcea, Toni and I will be responsible for not arresting the ICC and confiscating documents for you?
    Hellcom "Stillian" Receptionist | Eternalist | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Agent "Lilmiz007" Isbeak | Finalizer | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Style "Heldale" Attack | General | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution

|| Primal Evolution ||

Actually he dose have a point, ICC is as responcable for OT taking Bore as OT is for taking Bore

True. And I'm still pushing for a response from ICC regarding this.
    Hopefully we'll be able to get all the facts, and not just what Omni want us to see.

I would like to quote something that has been agreed upon by Omni-Tek and ICC

quote:

ICC preference has always been for OMNI-Tek to allow the Neutrals a degree of freedom so long as they remain neutral and do not aid the rebellious Clanners.

As many know the neutrals not all I know have helped the rebels and thus I think it is perfectly normal that Omni-Tek places Troops to secure Borealis and since the neutrals didn't respect their part of not helping the clan Omni-Tek has every right to remove any degree of freedom they gave to the neutrals.

Other than that I only have one thing to say:

Long live the corporation

I swear I must be going blind - I don't see a source cited for that quote at all.

But then I could also swear that that is not the position of the ICC at all...
    Roland "Monczeli" Faoláin - 189/11/42 - Assembly

egadsrk2: I can't recall the last time I played this game with pants on.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyadach
    As others have said, its about time Omni got off there backsides and left. And while they are at it get some loon from the ICC to finally get moving and show us the "so called", and obviously fake reason for them to be in Borealis. I have no idea what game the ICC is playing with Rubi-ka, but its going to end. FIrst the so called document allowed these thugs into Borealis. And also the deployment of the Goliath class stations signed by Ross....AFTER he was shot. Come on ICC. We want answers! And your as responsible for this as Omni-Tek!
    The fact that some document has not been brought to the breakfast table of every neutral citizen by ICC, does not mean it does not exist.

ICC does not have any reason to explain their actions to you. Unless you join the Interstellar Confederation of Corporations of course.
    Engineer General Virta, Omni-Pol. Not in active service.

Roleplaying Profile of Jimi "Virta" Hendrix

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast