Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Omni-Tek Press Release: Operational Update on Situation in Borealis

Quote Originally Posted by LangWiz
    It saddens me to see Omni still believes the Clans had a lot of influence over the changes in Borealis. You won't see Simon Silverstone celebrating this news.
    What news? That some neutral citizens are angry over the regrettably necessary presence of Unicorn Company troops in Borealis?

Hell, the man probably can't decide if he should be celebrating the neutrals being cheesed off about anything, or if he should get angry over the fact that Omni-Tek is the cause. What I wouldn't give to be a fly on the wall of his brain right now...
    Tonitrum - 215/21 Fixer

necessary presence? take a step back and look at what your saying and what the neutral people are saying.... NOBODY WANTS YOU IN BOREALIS..... got that? or maybe you should ask other neutral citizens of how they feel about you encroaching their home? would you like it if I started invading your warped city rome? I may not give a damn about the politics or for this matter the occupation but... its people that are narrowminded like you that assume you can protect OR have the right to assume everybody thinks like you.... because the cold truth is nobody exactly thinks like you and sadly this is why many of the neutral people are pretty miffed at your military actions..... not my problem..... but be careful what you say regardless of what anybody else says Omni-Tek doesnt OWN borealis.... they dont even own rubi-ka for that matter... all it would take is one bureacratic slip up from an Omni-Tek employee to blow everything out of proportion.... a corporation is far more flawed then a government when you really think about it.... or is it the other way around? I dont know.... and I could really care less....

one thing's for certain I dont care about your damn propaganda just be careful what you say because it may be false.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyda
    ..... but be careful what you say regardless of what anybody else says Omni-Tek doesnt OWN borealis.... they dont even own rubi-ka for that matter...
    As a matter of fact, we do. The lease on Rubi-Ka is active for years and years still. It was Omni-Tek who first arrived to the planet, terraformed it and built the infrastructure. Only after that were the Neutrals and Clans born, of which many to seem to live under the impression that they have more rights to the planet than Omni-Tek.

Omni-Mining
    This department oversees all mining operations on Rubi-Ka, Notum and otherwise. They also handle the allocation, out-of-corporation sales, and on-planet transportation of raw materials on Rubi-Ka. Due to a minor technicality that pre-dates Clan uprisings, Omni-Mining operates as an arm of Omni-Engineering, but has its own independent leadership. In addition, they have their own internal goals that include, but aren't limited to, anti-union enforcement and control of policing activity in mines and their associated facilities. Omni-Mining was once a quaint, quietly-run department, but once it was discovered that Clan activity originated in their men, they became much more authoritative and rigid.

Technically ICC owns the planet. Omni doesn't own it any more than neutrals or clanners do. They have permits to cause change on the planet as long as they follow the rules ICC has set up to protect the other inhabitants of the planet. Omni has more vested interest in Rubi-Ka than neutrals or clanners, but they don't own the planet. Period.
    Gee...another expansion that I'm not interested in...maybe it's a hint? O.o

Eeky: Cz how much beer would I have to provide to you, to have you water balloon the people responsible for last patch?

Cz: I would never consider such a horrible proposal! (I'll have my people contact your people.)

This is just one step towards a Free Borealis. OTAF troops still occupy the city and we still have an Omni-Tek lapdog govenor. This is far from over...
    Omni-Pol intelligence report for Peregrinus Praecautus
    Known applicant of Third Faction
    Warning! Record is being accessed by an external source of unknown origin.
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

It is a good first step.. Now for total removal of Omni-tek from Borealis and life will be swell..

Quote Originally Posted by Vincentprice
    As a matter of fact, we do. The lease on Rubi-Ka is active for years and years still. It was Omni-Tek who first arrived to the planet, terraformed it and built the infrastructure. Only after that were the Neutrals and Clans born, of which many to seem to live under the impression that they have more rights to the planet than Omni-Tek.
    The lease is only that: a lease, a legal agreement by which money is paid in order to use land, buildings etc. for an agreed period of time.

Since the lease was granted, a lot of things have changed. In 29223 for instance, the Clans where granted a limited lease on land from Omni-Tek. Omni-Tek also left to the Council of Truth to supervise certain areas in the, in the meantime annulled, Tir accord.

Things like this clearly show that the lease is not carved in stone. When the lease was granted, there indeed weren’t any neutrals or Clans. Nowadays however, there are a lot of people on Rubi-Ka who are not Omni-Tek employees. Things change, and Omni-Tek can try to control these people, with the disastrous results we have seen in the past, or it can try and live together with these people, which would be far more beneficial to all.
    Marcos "Yarko" Orender
    co-Minister of Foreign Affairs, Newland City Council
    Advisor of The Independent Rubikans

Rubi-Ka's neutral news source: The Independent Rubikan http://www.ir-news.org/

First step...hmph. How about they pick up the pace and get to the last step which is what we all want. To see them on the way out of Borealis and not messing over our town any more. And they can take that self elected so called governor also, like we have to listen to someone like that imposing rule upon us. You might make a step in the right direction, but you still ain't welcome!
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Yarko
    The lease is only that: a lease, a legal agreement by which money is paid in order to use land, buildings etc. for an agreed period of time.

Since the lease was granted, a lot of things have changed. In 29223 for instance, the Clans where granted a limited lease on land from Omni-Tek. Omni-Tek also left to the Council of Truth to supervise certain areas in the, in the meantime annulled, Tir accord.

Things like this clearly show that the lease is not carved in stone. When the lease was granted, there indeed weren’t any neutrals or Clans. Nowadays however, there are a lot of people on Rubi-Ka who are not Omni-Tek employees. Things change, and Omni-Tek can try to control these people, with the disastrous results we have seen in the past, or it can try and live together with these people, which would be far more beneficial to all.
    As far as planets can be 'owned', Rubi-Ka is owned by Omni-Tek. By giving the lease to Omni-Tek, ICC gave the ownership to Omni-Tek.

Omni-Tek is more than capable of controlling planets. If you check the history, you can see that ICC, with the Omni-Tek competitors, are trying to work around the original lease to disrupt the peace here and to get a foothold.

The most recent events in Borealis show once again remarkable tolerance and patience towards the innocent civilians by Omni-Tek. The recent events by clans show they only speak through violence.
    Engineer General Virta, Omni-Pol. Not in active service.

Roleplaying Profile of Jimi "Virta" Hendrix

There seems to be some confusion about the nature of Omni-Tek's lease on Rubi-Ka.

The Lease is not like a traditional lease agreement such as the one Mr. Orender described. Rather, it is an agreement between the member corporations of the ICC stating that Omni-Tek has exclusive colonial rights to Rubi-Ka for a set period of time, in exchange for which Omni-Tek will turn over control to an independent planetary government.

However, as Orender pointed out, there have been some exceptions over the years. Omni-Tek agreed to sign a treaty with the Clans which gave them a limited right to control land so long as they didn't engage in hostilities with Omni-Tek. This treaty did not last, and when it was violated all of the land rights went back to Omni-Tek. The Tir Accord was a similar situation: it granted the Clans some rights to territory, up until it was annulled. In both situations the authority granted to the Clans was limited and reverted to Omni-Tek when the agreements ended.

Rubi-Ka remains a colony of Omni-Tek. Tarkhan Zora may be the CEO only of Omni-Tek and its loyal employees, but he is also the governor of all of Rubi-Ka. The Clans are not some neighboring nation to the north; they are rebels fighting to overthrow the planetary government. Of course there are many Clan members whose primary concern in life is to steal a cut of the profits from Omni-Tek, but this is not what makes them Clan members; it is the struggle for the political overthrow of the colonial government. Omni-Tek IS the government of Rubi-Ka.

As for the ICC, while they do have the power to place some restrictions and regulations on Omni-Tek, they do not have direct control over Rubi-Ka now nor will they after the Lease expires. The ICC's sole purpose is to mediate between the hypercorporations in order to prevent corporate war and maintain a stable interstellar economy. To this end, they have worked to disarm tension between Omni-Tek and the Clans, as a full blown civil war on Rubi-Ka could lead to a disruption in notum exports. This is their only mission on Rubi-Ka; they have little legal authority over Omni-Tek, absolutely no authority over the Clans or neutrals, and they most certainly do not own the planet or control the laws on it.
    Administrator Jacob Stroud
    Omni-Tek Department Affiliate Program - Administrative Representative, Rimor

Omni-Administrative Services Special Operations Subdepartment K-62
    Commissioner, RKDC

Jacob.. I would quote you but there is no point.. in the ICC official dictionary there is a listing for the word Idiot.. next to it is a picture of you.. along with a nice explanation of how ones propaganda surmouts to a pile of **** when only you believe it... its sad that yet again... not one single word you have stated is true.. I am beginning to think you are in fact Zoras... closet.. leather bound gimp... cause you sound like it.. I like gimps.. want to be mine.. I promise to treat you well and at least spank you twice a day.. after all you have 0 purpose in life other than to be spanked because you lack the mental faculties of a 13 year old... a shame they actually let you speak at all with any form of title.. cause well.. wait.. I withdrawl that last statement.. you do more harm to omni-tek everytime you speak than a thousand warriors could.. thanks hun.. I promise to spank you later when you are hiding from your master..
    Last edited by Xaun; Jun 16th, 2006 at 12:19:54.

Quote Originally Posted by Virta
    As far as planets can be 'owned', Rubi-Ka is owned by Omni-Tek. By giving the lease to Omni-Tek, ICC gave the ownership to Omni-Tek.
    This is actually not true. Sol Banking Corporation was allowed to buy limited interests on Rubi-Ka starting January 1, 29500. So Omni-Tek most certainly doesn’t own Rubi-Ka.

Omni-Tek is more than capable of controlling planets. If you check the history, you can see that ICC, with the Omni-Tek competitors, are trying to work around the original lease to disrupt the peace here and to get a foothold.
    Let’s just say I have some doubts about the ‘capable’ part. From the disasters with the weather system, over the mutant failures, to a rebellion because of the abominable working conditions. Somehow I think there are better ways to control a planet. Omni-Tek doesn’t need competitors at all to disrupt the peace.

The most recent events in Borealis show once again remarkable tolerance and patience towards the innocent civilians by Omni-Tek. The recent events by clans show they only speak through violence.
    I honestly see little difference between the occupation of 4Holes by the Unionists and the occupation of Borealis by Omni-Tek. Both came uninvited, with a show of military force, both disrupted normal life and in both cases the citizens had to fear for their lives.
    4Holes is however something between Omni-Tek and the Clans, Borealis is between Omni-Tek and the neutrals.
    Marcos "Yarko" Orender

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Stroud
    The Lease is not like a traditional lease agreement such as the one Mr. Orender described. Rather, it is an agreement between the member corporations of the ICC stating that Omni-Tek has exclusive colonial rights to Rubi-Ka for a set period of time, in exchange for which Omni-Tek will turn over control to an independent planetary government.
    As replied to Virta, Omni-Tek does not have the exclusive colonial rights to Rubi-Ka. About the fact that the lease is not a traditional lease agreement and that Omni-Tek will turn over control to an independent planetary government, I’d like to see some proof of that.

Rubi-Ka remains a colony of Omni-Tek. Tarkhan Zora may be the CEO only of Omni-Tek and its loyal employees, but he is also the governor of all of Rubi-Ka. The Clans are not some neighboring nation to the north; they are rebels fighting to overthrow the planetary government. Of course there are many Clan members whose primary concern in life is to steal a cut of the profits from Omni-Tek, but this is not what makes them Clan members; it is the struggle for the political overthrow of the colonial government. Omni-Tek IS the government of Rubi-Ka.
    If Omni-Tek likes to be seen as the government of Rubi-Ka, maybe it’s time they also start acting like a government and not like some thugs, who’s only way of acting is trough violence and sheer power. The fact that Tarkhan Zora acts like the chief of some brigand band doesn’t exactly help much in gaining the trust of Rubi-Ka’s citizens either.
    Marcos "Yarko" Orender

This is actually not true. Sol Banking Corporation was allowed to buy limited interests on Rubi-Ka starting January 1, 29500. So Omni-Tek most certainly doesn’t own Rubi-Ka.

Let’s just say I have some doubts about the ‘capable’ part. From the disasters with the weather system, over the mutant failures, to a rebellion because of the abominable working conditions. Somehow I think there are better ways to control a planet. Omni-Tek doesn’t need competitors at all to disrupt the peace.

I honestly see little difference between the occupation of 4Holes by the Unionists and the occupation of Borealis by Omni-Tek. Both came uninvited, with a show of military force, both disrupted normal life and in both cases the citizens had to fear for their lives.
    4Holes is however something between Omni-Tek and the Clans, Borealis is between Omni-Tek and the neutrals.
    Omni-Tek does own Rubi-Ka. SOL Banking certainly does not.

There is a certain group of individuals in every planet, whose sole purpose is to cause trouble. You are using these people as an example, as if they are a result of a fault in Omni-Tek! Just take a look at NLF for an example of these people.

Omni-Tek has been invited all along to this planet. This planet was empty before Omni-Tek stepped in.
    Engineer General Virta, Omni-Pol. Not in active service.

Roleplaying Profile of Jimi "Virta" Hendrix

Omni-Tek does own Rubi-Ka. SOL Banking certainly does not.
    Nonononononono, Omni-Tek LEASES the planet, it doesn’t own it at all. There’s a huge difference between those two.
    There is a certain group of individuals in every planet, whose sole purpose is to cause trouble. You are using these people as an example, as if they are a result of a fault in Omni-Tek! Just take a look at NLF for an example of these people.
    True, and on this planet they are called Omni-Tek, or Omni-Pol, whichever you prefer.
    Omni-Tek has been invited all along to this planet. This planet was empty before Omni-Tek stepped in.
    Actually, there are some serious reasons to doubt that Rubi-Ka really was empty before humans arrived. Think about the disappearance of the Rimor crew and the workforce of Research station 051 in the Outzone. Being somewhat of a policeman, these mysteries must certainly intrigue you.
    There’s also the fact that the Shadowland creatures had ways to get to Rubi-Ka, even before the portals where opened.
    And last but not least: some of the creatures that still live on Rubi-Ka most certainly are not products of Omni-Tek.
    Marcos "Yarko" Orender

Miyamoto, your sophomoric insults are crude, vulgar, dishonorable, and unbecoming of the kind of lady that you falsely imagine yourself to be. If you wish to fool people into thinking you are my superior, you should first learn how to speak with a civilized tongue.

To discuss some more serious business:

Sol Banking Corporation was allowed to buy limited interests on Rubi-Ka starting January 1, 29500. So Omni-Tek most certainly doesn’t own Rubi-Ka.

I was greatly confused by this statement. "Was allowed"? The year 29500 is 20 years into the future, or 19 and a half if you wish to be pedantic. The event you are describing hasn't even happened yet. I will assume this was a slip of the tongue, as you must certainly be aware of what year it is...

That being said, it is true that Sol Banking will be allowed to purchase a limited amount of territory from Omni-Tek starting on that date, and we will be required to sell to them. When the lease fully expires in the year 29550, Omni-Tek will no longer have any ownership over Rubi-Ka other than our holdings as a company.

Today however, Rubi-Ka is a colony of the Omni-Tek corporation. This is a recognized fact not just by Omni-Tek, but by the ICC, Sol Banking, and pretty much everyone else in the galaxy. The Clans don't recognize it of course, but since they are rebels the laws of Omni-Tek and the ICC mean less than nothing to them.
    Administrator Jacob Stroud
    Omni-Tek Department Affiliate Program - Administrative Representative, Rimor

Omni-Administrative Services Special Operations Subdepartment K-62
    Commissioner, RKDC

Today however, Rubi-Ka is a colony of the Omni-Tek corporation. This is a recognized fact not just by Omni-Tek, but by the ICC, Sol Banking, and pretty much everyone else in the galaxy. The Clans don't recognize it of course, but since they are rebels the laws of Omni-Tek and the ICC mean less than nothing to them.
    This isn’t really true either. The Clans too have in the past worked together with the ICC to reach an agreement. The Tir accord is the best example.

Still, the fact remains that, whether Omni-Tek sees Rubi-Ka as its colony or not, in reality it only controls part of the planet. The other part is controlled by the Clans.

Much will depend on the way how Omni-Tek handles situations. If you continue doing things the way you do now, and have done in the past (Omni-Tek is very bad in learning from the past) I doubt you will last until 29550.
    Marcos "Yarko" Orender

Dont get to comfortable Citizens of Borealis. This is a common sucker move used by occupation forces, first remove all freedoms and grind the people down into the dirt and then say "Oh were sorry we over reacted" when the protests grow large enough and give a few freedoms back to make it seem like they are willing to listen and work things out but untill you can make them leave that will be the last taste Omni-Teh gives you of what you have lost.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Gurney "Twistshot" Halleck

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

Quote Originally Posted by Vincentprice
    Perhaps you forget about what happened after Omni-Tek arrived on the planet and terraformed it. Do you need a history lesson? Or some subtle reminder on how Omni-Tek's treatment of the miners and workers created the rebellion that still exists today? Perhaps you don't want to remember the lies told by Omni-Tek to Sol Banking about the initial survey reports of the planet? How about November 2, 29129, well before insurance technology was completed -- and those seventy two Atrox Omni let die without even attempeting a rescue operation? I feel Omni-Tek proved it's true motives the next day, when a official spokesman of Omni-Tek said, and I quote, "They're only Atroxes." "We're very concerned about our lost equipment." Again, this is BEFORE Omni-Tek developed insurance technology. How about August of 29199, where Omni-Tek signed contacts promising the people better working conditions and proper mining equipment? Omni-Tek failed to deliver anything, as usual.

Omni-Tek created us, brought us here to this planet, and treated us as objects, of lesser value then mining equipment. Omni-Tek held back insurance technology from the clans and the neutrals after it's development.

In short, Omni-Tek has proven time and time again that it's employees place no value on our freedom or lives. Omni-Tek created this rebellion, and as a direct result of it's actions and lack of basic respect for sentient lifeforms, started all of this. Now, once again, Omni-Tek moves into another city and fires on Clan members who are simply there to trade and do business. I personally have been fired out without warning or provocation for simply trying to do business with the local population. It's quite clear who the aggressor is here, and it's also quite clear that Rubi-Ka will never be free until Omni-Tek is removed from this planet. And I intend to fight you and your company of hired thugs and killers, becuase I remember the past, and I remember what your company did.

-begins to clap, the honust applause of approval for Trixxor's words-

Well said Trixxor, well said.

Indeed while it was Omin-tek who found this place many of the stories since then have been called into question reguarding the amount of truth actually in them and their motives questioned.

Through their neglect and inaction they gave rise to us, the clans are Omni's children who have been raised with abuse and scorn and have decided that they will not allow their parents to further shame them.

We are those who raise our hands into the air and say "No more, we will not be treated like this!" Every time those of you in Omni-Tek say that "The clans are savage" or "The clans are.. " anything that you wish to name us keep in mind, we were fed and raised by you, all of our faults and virtues were set into place by you.

Take this tought with you to bed each night and let it always be with you when you speak out against us.
    Last edited by Twistshot; Jun 18th, 2006 at 09:57:56. Reason: opps mispelled
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Gurney "Twistshot" Halleck

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast