Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Omni-Tek Press Release: Operational Update on Situation in Borealis

Omni-Tek Press Release: Operational Update on Situation in Borealis

From the desk of Omni-Admin Administrator Jessica Lonare
    June 14, 29480 - [Global]

Loyal Employees and citizens of Rubi-Ka

In light of continued and malicious accusations of wrong doing against the corporation we would like to clarify that our deployment of forces to the Borealis area was done in full compliance with ICC regulations and with the co-operation of ICC forces. The hand over of protective services was peaceful and orderly and our presence in Borealis is purely for the protection of the vital communications installations.

It saddens us greatly to see the clans try and gain political advantage from our legal actions when there are those within their own ranks flagrantly breaking the law and illegally seizing equipment and installations that are vital to the defence of the planet.

We are aware of the concerns of those non-employees who are not registered members of the clans and at no time have our security forces fired first at the ordinary citizens of Borealis. The security situation will remain under review and we will begin consultations with local government to ensure that they can focus their energies on our true enemies, those who would threaten the security of the planet through illegal force of arms.

We urge the Clan leaders to re-exert control over their rebel factions as we cannot negotiate under the threat of terrorist action and illegal occupation of corporate assets.
    Last edited by Editor: OTPC; Jun 14th, 2006 at 12:19:29.

Who exactly are these forces securing Borealis from? the Kyr'Ozch dropped in the other day, and these "security forces" did nothing more than stand and watch. It was the locals who successfully expelled the aliens ( indirectly defending the radar dish too ), which leads me to ask what exactly are these forces doing here at all? They certainly don't seem to be needed.

This move has totally confused the hell out of me. Most of the troops have been moved out of Borealis, what's left within the city could hardly defend it from a large alien assault and clanners have been allowed back inside after practically declaring that they're on the offensive with their actions in 4 holes and the recent CoT meeting. What gives?
    It really made no sense why Omni-Tek took the town in the first place, placing their relations with the Neutral community in jeopardy just to move right back out again.

((OOC: From my POV it seems FC have just beat the storyline with a uglystick because of some Zone huggers whining over the forums ))
    Last edited by Telcea; Jun 14th, 2006 at 15:47:36.
    "How do you prove you exist..?
    Maybe we don't exist..."
    - Vivi FFIX
    FFVIII is extremely underrated. It pwns j00!
    I have a custom title and you don't... oh wait, you do
    I have more posts than Satenia

::::: HugeMap is old, CSPmap is new! (Website) (Download) :::::

((This is an in-character forum. --Nevarstiyeh))
    Last edited by Nevarstiyeh; Jun 15th, 2006 at 15:02:44.

This move has totally confused the hell out of me. Most of the troops have been moved out of Borealis, what's left within the city could hardly defend it from a large alien assault and clanners have been allowed back inside after practically declaring that they're on the offensive with their actions in 4 holes and the recent CoT meeting. What gives?
    It really made no sense why Omni-Tek took the town in the first place, placing their relations with the Neutral community in jeopardy just to move right back out again.

People spoke out people got an answer. Omni-tek made a manuver that put them dangerously close to the steps of the Athen zone. We had every right to be concerned and take action. Its about time borealis was restored to the commerce hub it has been for the past several years.
    Last edited by Nevarstiyeh; Jun 15th, 2006 at 15:04:48.

Quote Originally Posted by "Jessica Lonare"
    We are aware of the concerns of those non-employees who are not registered members of the clans and at no time have our security forces fired first at the ordinary citizens of Borealis.
    This is patently false as the security forces under the direction of Commander Nelolius open fire upon an Elite Operations member known as "Meanbob", killing him. Not just once, but multiple times. Of course he was protesting the pressence Commander Nelolius, but if protestors deserve to be fired upon then maybe the situation should be examined more carefully.

Additionaly, in light of the blatant failure of the Unicorn security personel to defend not only the Neutral Citizens of Borealis from an alien attack, but Omni-Tek's own employees were left to the mercy of the intruders, the NDI Coalition will be working heavily to see that this "oversight" be corrected in the interest of the defense of the neutral populace from undue harm and trauma.
    Angel "Berael" Wolf - 220/22 Solitus Engineer RP Profile
    Advisor of Wolf Brigade, A Proud Neutral Organization

AOwiki - A chance to show what you know.
    Hunting Grounds Neutral Neck Items Tradeskill Pricing v3.0 Roleplaying Organizations v2.0 (RK1)

"The world will not evolve past its current state of crisis by using the same thinking that created the situation" - Albert Einstein
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change." - Charles Darwin

i am happy for this...in my fourm browzing i kept getting 'save bor' fourms, now they have nothing to wine about, i wonder if the sign ladys still there...lol
    LVL19engineer: can soemoen tell me what i should trully play profession for beign a begginer?
    HighLvlMA: i told you enfs, and mas are easy
    LVL19engineer: mas?
    HighLvlMA: martial artists
    LVL19engineer: hat would you recommned
    HighLvlMA: one of those two
    LVL19engineer: how are martial artist
    HighLvlMA: mas are fine
    LVL19engineer: i want something that is good for beeginer and easy to learn what should i be?
    HighLvlMA: omfg i just told you!
    HighLvlMA: either enf or ma
    HighLvlMA: pick one
    LVL19engineer: which is better fighting?
    HighLvlMA: rofl omg
    HighLvlMA: just pick one
    ...continued on...

I'm sort of agaist some things but im glad there trying do somthing... Even improving the looks in some area...

But they gotta script some events and such not just write a story and move a bunch of stuff around.
    Immeasurable - RK1 - ENF (22)

Last edited by Nevarstiyeh; Jun 15th, 2006 at 15:03:52.
    Galdethi 220/22 Soldier of Mercenaries

Boycott Starforce!

I am thankful those in charge have realized the inherent mistake in trying to secure the city instead of the property they really care about.
    Last edited by Nevarstiyeh; Jun 15th, 2006 at 15:04:22.
    Gee...another expansion that I'm not interested in...maybe it's a hint? O.o

Eeky: Cz how much beer would I have to provide to you, to have you water balloon the people responsible for last patch?

Cz: I would never consider such a horrible proposal! (I'll have my people contact your people.)

I don't like this at all first the omni-tek storm in to control the place, they could have provoked the whole neutral faction into going to the clans for help or assimilating the people of borealis into omni-tek, we're lucky it didn't escalate that far. Now they pull out to secure a radar dish clearly seeing that their plans are not working for them. We've held the area from foreign invaders this long so we're clearly capable of holding the satellite dish too, so what confuses me is just what is omni-tek planning, my theory is that they want that radar dish specifically in their hands for some reason and that reason can't be good for the Clans.

Quote Originally Posted by Editor: OTPC
    From the desk of Omni-Admin Administrator Jessica Lonare
    June 14, 29480 - [Global]
    It saddens us greatly to see the clans try and gain political advantage
    Boohoo..

It sadens me that all Omni can do is cry..

/me passes Jessica Lonare a tissue.

((Excuse me Nevarstiyeh but my post WAS IC. How about before you edit things you acctually read them.))
    Last edited by Halfzipp420; Jun 16th, 2006 at 23:30:41.

It saddens us greatly to see the clans try and gain political advantage from our legal actions when there are those within their own ranks flagrantly breaking the law and illegally seizing equipment and installations that are vital to the defence of the planet.
    It saddens me to see Omni still believes the Clans had a lot of influence over the changes in Borealis. You won't see Simon Silverstone celebrating this news.
    Last edited by Nevarstiyeh; Jun 15th, 2006 at 15:05:31.
    Gee...another expansion that I'm not interested in...maybe it's a hint? O.o

Eeky: Cz how much beer would I have to provide to you, to have you water balloon the people responsible for last patch?

Cz: I would never consider such a horrible proposal! (I'll have my people contact your people.)

Today is a day of Celebration!!!!

Fellow Neutrals, the first steps have been made to reclaim Borealis!!! But this is just a small victory, and we still are not done to meet our goal of a totally free an independant Borealis.

KEEP UP THE GOOD FIGHT!!!
    "If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please', I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'."

SirNegs - Neutral Keeper
    Negs - Neutral MP
    Lode - Neutral Doctor

why does omni care what clan thinks?

did i miss something?

i mean f borealis that place is such a waste of time for my clan character anyways, i went there to meet omnis to sell them stuff, which i can do in newland and not get 30 omni twinks asking me to ncu/run/hot them (to which i reply F Off)

and pvp there is in a shop..... ooo ooo wooo i want to run left and then right and then left and then right, thats really what its like on the battlefield so its good practice. im a fixer and a fixer doesnt stand in one place during pvp.

what else they got? towers shop? i could yalm over the guards when they still attacked.

so yah congratz, ommers you got borealis. omfg the misery, the heartache, the tears.

to clans, meet for trades at newland grid, pvp in 4 holes or west athens. there, all your problems are solved. quit crying about it FFS
    220/AI30
    AO Consortium updated 2.16.09
    [Shadows of Sanity] Besaidbuster: a good 150 enof could tnak all fo them
    [Shadows of Sanity] Omnomnomnom: can i tank all of them?
    [Shadows of Sanity] Besaidbuster: are you enfo ?
    [Shadows of Sanity] Besaidbuster: are 150
    [Shadows of Sanity] Omnomnomnom: no 41 doc
    [Shadows of Sanity] Besaidbuster: tehn noo
    [Shadows of Sanity] Omnomnomnom: =(

Last edited by Nevarstiyeh; Jun 15th, 2006 at 15:05:45.

Last edited by Nevarstiyeh; Jun 15th, 2006 at 15:05:58.

Thumbs up

Congratz Nuetrals

Your voice has been heard and action taken to keep our home and buisness as usuall. A small victory? Yes, but all things must have a start. Barael, Congratz to your effort, thought and time and all who is a part of the NDI. Now maybe life in Borealis can get back to some kind of normality.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariiadne
    i mean f borealis that place is such a waste of time for my clan character anyways, i went there to meet omnis to sell them stuff...
    ...so yah congratz, ommers you got borealis. omfg the misery, the heartache, the tears.
    to clans, meet for trades at newland grid, pvp in 4 holes or west athens. there, all your problems are solved. quit crying about it FFS
    i noticed a few things about what you said. first of all, clan has guards in both 4 holes and WA. you need some new places. second is, i like Bor. third is that with bore having the jobe whompah so close to grid, it saved lots of time. i dont have a clue about omni, but i know old athen has you run across the city. lowbies need that quick acess to save time, and lowbies sure cant take on omni guards. Bore was convinent for all, until omni got control.
    go hug a cow

at no time have our security forces fired first at the ordinary citizens of Borealis.
    Define "Ordinary citizen".

I know several "Subversive elements" within the population have received a "shoot first, ask questions later" treatment from the Omni forces...
    Uni "Unixint80" Idoru, 206/13 Neutral NT Veteran of Shattered Dreams
    What I've Got My Perk Setup My Nuke Setup (All slightly outdated)

FREE BOREALIS!!!

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast