Thread: FJRK: Mad Bronto Disease

FJRK: Mad Bronto Disease

Mad Bronto Disease
    May 12, 29481 - [Global]

FRJK - Recently a herd of wild Brontos were intercepted while on their way to the Bronto Farm in Herder’s hole. The Brontos had become very aggressive and dangerous, attacking and trampling anything in their way. Fortunately the animals were destroyed before they could infect the domestic herd.

Scientists have studied the blood, acquired from the diseased animals, and found a parasite. This parasite attacks brain tissue, severing the synaptic relay between brain cells causing irreversible neurological damage. The disease process literally drives the animal mad. It is believed this same parasite could not effect human brain tissue the same way but if ingested could make the person very sick. Symptoms including but not limited to severe nausea and vomiting, fever, chills and in the most severe cases, paralysis and death.

In light of this new information inspections have been conducted at all domestic Bronto farms. There have been no reports of any contaminated meat or infected Brontos.

A warning has been issued by the Public health department. "It is advised not to approach any Brontos in the wild that are acting in any way unusual. Infected Brontos can become very aggressive and dangerous. It is also advised to cook any Bronto meat well. It is also suggested to only consume Bronto meat that has been inspected and approved for consumption."

The two major food chains, Mongol and Bronto Burger have issued a combined statement. "We would like to assure all our consumers that the meat used to make Bronto burgers and meat pies have passed vigorous inspection. It is still very safe to eat at our establishments without fear of any infection."

We will continue to follow this story and report any new developments.

and where did the parasite come from?
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

I'd have two question for this: Do the bronto's actually attack each other, as well as other wildlife? Why attack Herder's Hole if other prey is ready available just wandering about?

Edit: After re-reading yeah they attacking everything in their way, and Herder's Hole just was the direction they were headed. There isn't much out there, so who knows exactly how far they had been running.

I'll try and take a look into this.
    Last edited by Bubbacrush; May 13th, 2007 at 15:20:25.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

They may have stampeded who knows. Hmm a bio weapon parasite, but why use it on brontos, I think it is just a natural occurence for now. Unless some new development occurs I doubt it has any other links.
    "The most persistent sound which reverberates through man's history is the beating of war drums."-Arthur Koestler
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

**whistles innocently**
    Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich

Corporal Officer, Omni-Pol Field Ops
    (Atlantean)

formerly
    T-Sgt1C, Omni-AF, 4th Fusiliers RST, Retired.

If I'm the Agent of Shai-hulud, where's my 10% ?
    Roleplaying Profile of Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich

This is still concerning... Do we know exactly how long this parasite has been affecting those beasts? Or if it hasn't found its way to other species whose meat is processed as well?
    Asha Valentine

Quote Originally Posted by Naotalba View Post
    This is still concerning... Do we know exactly how long this parasite has been affecting those beasts? Or if it hasn't found its way to other species whose meat is processed as well?
    I'm pretty sure we've been eating it for ages and many have been affected before it was made public.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Quote Originally Posted by Boltgun View Post
    I'm pretty sure we've been eating it for ages and many have been affected before it was made public.
    I dared not mention it, but I admit it is one of my concerns as well...
    Asha Valentine

luckily my main food is mixed salad
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

Quote Originally Posted by Netwerk View Post
    Of course I'm assuming Bronto Burger and Mongol Meat are actually avoiding using meat from these infected Bronto's in their food or even as food for their other livestock...
    This is what they are claiming, and indeed I hope it is actually true.
    Asha Valentine

I'm starting to wonder if this is affecting the Newland Milita Guards. They have been acting pretty aggressive lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Editor: FJRK View Post
    It is believed this same parasite could not effect human brain tissue the same way but if ingested could make the person very sick.
    That's all well and good but there are no humans on Rubi-Ka. Are the Trox, Nano, Soli and Opi species at risk?

All the above mentioned are a manipulated strain of the homo sapiens genome, to adapt and survive in the later ages. Althrough the breeds are farther down the evolutionary ladder from our original progenitor species, we are still mostly considered human.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacrush View Post
    All the above mentioned are a manipulated strain of the homo sapiens genome, to adapt and survive in the later ages. Althrough the breeds are farther down the evolutionary ladder from our original progenitor species, we are still mostly considered human.
    Actually, Homo Solitus came from an un-engineered population. It is however still not Homo Sapien as some changes did come about from the mass genocide.

The word human would encompass the line of homo genome we evolved from, whether from natural evolution or scientific tinkering, and is not another word for Homo sapien.
    Homo erectus evolved into Homo sapien who evolved into Homo solitus, all would be considered human.
    So atrox, opiflex, nanomage, and solitus all being part of the Homo genome and from the same evolution line, we would all be considered human.

If anything disrupts my Bronto Burger supply. There will be -HELL- to pay!
    GorgeFodder4 / Skeletawe
    Anti-Miner / Miner
    Omni-Mining / NLF Remnant?